Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound

Go down 
+4
Gilgames
Ataraxia
PAiN---
Phazon Xenomorph
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound Empty
PostSubject: Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound   Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:16 am

So after hunting a bit with Will, then some randies online, I went to log out which I did just fine, however I then went to go look at the DLC for the game and download it all and after it went through checking for saved games it started to connect to the internet when it froze up fully, home button did not work, power buttons on the console and game pad did not work, and it was making a loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT high pitched sound from the console itself.

Unplugging it stopped it completely and when I loaded back up my game everything looked fine and i could connect and even download the DLC...but what the heck was that issue? Anyone have anything like this before?
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound   Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:20 am

I've had about two moments where my WiiU froze during the game, and a few times back when I first got my game trying to launch the game which would make the same sound that you're talking about. Lately, I haven't had any issues ^.^
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound   Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:05 am

Never happened to me... but there are stories of people going through 2-3 Wii Us via getting it replaced because all of them were broken when they received them. Could be you just unlucky if there are that many dodgy Wii Us in stock.
Back to top Go down
Gilgames
Melynx
Gilgames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound   Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:06 am

Ive had this issue five times i think. I've never haf it whipe playing mh3u however. It has never happened while playing wii games. It hasn't happened since a system update two months ago i think. So is your system up to date?
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound   Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:37 am

I have had this happen to me about twice since I got the WiiU. it is disturbing at the moment, and I feared for my data, however, as long as it doesn't happen in the middle of a system update, you are completely fine.

I do, however, want to way to copy my MH3U data to an external source... maybe even burn it to a cd/dvd, just so I don't loose my close to 400 hours of play time.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound   Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 1:33 pm

first off make sure everything is updated 2nd... you may want to pull your wiiu away from other electronic devices. Speaking from experiance (having had my WiiU replaced several times, losing all my original wii data and being reembersed by nintendo several hundred dollars) it can be frustraiting but there are several simple things you can try out.

The wiiu is sensitive to other electronic signals and can pick up interferance easily so put it where it can get a clear signal. Make sure it's fully updated with the current firmware. never turn it off while it's updating and actually read the manual that came with it. Why people don't read the device booklets is beyond me....

Also if you have a seperate hard drive you should be able to back up your data to that. Make sure you do so and also start a Club nintnedo account and register your games. This is a very good way to keep track of the games you own, especially if they are download games. Though I prefer hard copies Nintendo was pretty amazing about refunding me all the games I lost when they replace my first 2 wiiu's.

anyways.. the problem with the buzzing and locking up when doing the download content is likely from interferance. and i'd sugest trying the suggestion with just moving the wiiu away from other electronic devices a bit.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound   Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 6:42 pm

dcj91x wrote:
first off make sure everything is updated 2nd... you may want to pull your wiiu away from other electronic devices. Speaking from experiance (having had my WiiU replaced several times, losing all my original wii data and being reembersed by nintendo several hundred dollars) it can be frustraiting but there are several simple things you can try out.

The wiiu is sensitive to other electronic signals and can pick up interferance easily so put it where it can get a clear signal. Make sure it's fully updated with the current firmware. never turn it off while it's updating and actually read the manual that came with it. Why people don't read the device booklets is beyond me....

Also if you have a seperate hard drive you should be able to back up your data to that. Make sure you do so and also start a Club nintnedo account and register your games. This is a very good way to keep track of the games you own, especially if they are download games. Though I prefer hard copies Nintendo was pretty amazing about refunding me all the games I lost when they replace my first 2 wiiu's.

anyways.. the problem with the buzzing and locking up when doing the download content is likely from interferance. and i'd sugest trying the suggestion with just moving the wiiu away from other electronic devices a bit.
Checked, it is fully updated on the system updates, and the game version is 1.02 .

I pulled it away from electronic devices so hopefully that works but...how exactly would I copy my save data so I don't lose all my precious work so far? Or copy it back if indeed something is wrong with my system? Do USB keys / Flash Drives work as an external harddrive? Cause I have a 4 gig key I could wipe in a blink and use to save my data, or does it have to be a physical harddrive?
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound   Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:38 pm

I had a weird one last night, it wasn't a freeze though... we'd just completed a quest and while the others went back to the Tavern I stayed out on the map with the end music going. Could still see what they were typing but couldn't Abandon Quest, waited a few minutes then just went with a system power down.
Back to top Go down
aninymouse
Jaggi
aninymouse

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound   Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:40 pm

I had the buzzing lock up once, just after joining an online room with only one guy. Before I could hit, "Nice to meet you!," BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound   Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random full system freeze + loud BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT sound
Page 1 of 1