Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH4 localization Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH4 localization Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MH4 localization

Go down 
+4
dcj91x
Jinathin_x_X
aninymouse
ShadowCeadeusDM324
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

MH4 localization Empty
PostSubject: MH4 localization   MH4 localization Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 10:06 pm

So MH4 releases in Japan hopefully and without any more delay on September 9.
It got me wondering how long is gonna take for Capcom to localize this game if they ever decide to do so. 3U was a success (as far as I know) but it took 2 years to get it overseas (they didn't even worry about the western audience at first). Now that there is a growing MH fanbase, will the wait be shorter? Will we ever get this game anyway?
Back to top Go down
aninymouse
Jaggi
aninymouse

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

MH4 localization Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 localization   MH4 localization Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:23 am

The reason it (3U) took so long to come out overseas was because they wanted to have a simultaneous release with the 3DS and WiiU. Japan, on the other hand, had a big wait for their WiiU version while having the 3DS version in the meantime. I think the WiiU port was kind of an afterthought, see.

In MH4, we shouldn't have to wait eons for it since there's no HD version on the horizon.
Back to top Go down
Jinathin_x_X
Popo
Jinathin_x_X

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

MH4 localization Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 localization   MH4 localization Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:53 am

I can only hope early next year.
I will be all over Pokemon until ps4 hits and even after that I will be spending a lot of time for x and y. But I don't think I am gonna play mh3u any more that much.
I just wanna play with new mechanics, new weapons and updated SnS! And multiplayer and finally to have my beloved cats back in the action :3
I would hope for Xmas release but early next is okay too... Even tho i will be already spoiled with all these gameplays on YouTube..
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

MH4 localization Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 localization   MH4 localization Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:10 am

Let me explain a few things. There are many factors in the localization process and quite a bit of money involved. I can't explain this process all that well though I believe we have a few other members that may be able to do so better.

What I can explain is this. Capcom Japan is very protective of the monster hunter series outside it's home country even with it's own devisions in other countries. The main Japan branch assumes full control over it. Also in most cases to save money it seeks (at quite a large sum in some cases) assistance in the marketing and distribution of the MH line when it is released outside Japan. Nintendo has done this in many countries with MHTri and MH3U to some high success. Capcom blames Sony's unwillingness to do this for MHP3rds lack of release outside japan.

To decide on which countries and what marketing with take place where and by which company and so on can take quite a while and usually can not begin until after the game is in development for localization which often does not even start until after MH is released in it's home country to see how successfull it will be. (which it always is.) Profit first and possible loss from localizing in other countries later though.

However... IN recent years nintendo (partly due to there systems being region locked and other policies they have addopted) has been pushing for many game developers to reduce localization times and to not have games that are single region games at all. Many games that use to be Japan only games are now making there way west via nintendo e-shop or hard copies and many other games are have very short or no localization delays at all...

Capcom Japan still has the final say so in the matter over all but it is likely that the 1-2 years delay in the MH series we have seen in the past will not be the case this time around. Though a Holiday release is unlikely A spring 2014 release for MH4 is possible.
Back to top Go down
aninymouse
Jaggi
aninymouse

3DS friends code:

MH4 localization Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 localization   MH4 localization Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:11 pm

Sounds about right. I think, assuming it's coming to English-speaking countries at all, we should have MH4 by October or Christmas 2014.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

MH4 localization Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 localization   MH4 localization Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 1:43 pm

^ I would actually exspect it sooner for once.. Possibly even April 2014 or as early as march.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

MH4 localization Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 localization   MH4 localization Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 10:42 am

Not really about LOcalization but if Nintendo is getting more involved.. it's a good sign...

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/17052/article/capcom-nintendo-teasing-collaboration/
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung
Oni Zelkami

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:

MH4 localization Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 localization   MH4 localization Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 11:17 am

dcj91x wrote:
^ I would actually exspect it sooner for once.. Possibly even April 2014 or as early as march.
Though I expect it'll come westward in some form at some point, I wouldn't get my hopes up for it coming that early. Didn't it take them over a year after Tri released in Japan to localize it elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

MH4 localization Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 localization   MH4 localization Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:59 pm

^ different circumstances in a way. new console new ideas on some of the gameplay and also since them Capcom and nintendo have been working more closely together overall, as well as nintendo increasing the amount of games being localised and decreasing the timeframe for many of them. Lets also not forget that nintendo (though MH is still a bit outside nin's relm) has announced several games right away for a world wide release that in the past would normally have a JP only release and localized later. examples SMT vs FE, X, the world wide sameday release of pokemon and several others.... While I agree with you Zel that no one should get there hopes up.. we should also keep in mind that Satoru Iwata is now head of the US Nintendo devision and while his duties still exstend to other areas.... It could be a good sign as reveals are usually done in nintendo directs and being at Capcom.. well we will find out sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Jinathin_x_X
Popo
Jinathin_x_X

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

MH4 localization Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 localization   MH4 localization Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 1:13 pm

You know just saying, if they want to sell more copies on the west, they should sell it at the same time rather than making it a year later or 6 months. Most of people who was looking forward to game will be already seen enough gameplay of other people on YouTube, and get tired of waiting.
I will get it when it comes out in Canada on day 1 yes, but capcom is not gonna sell much copies of the game as they would if they would release it on the same day or same month
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

MH4 localization Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 localization   MH4 localization Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 4:04 am

so it's just a theory but do you think it's possible that one reason for the -50% offer for 3U on the e-shop is that they want to get more fans in the west so when MH4 comes out they will make better sales?
or like getting as much copies of the game sold before announcing MH4 so there are less people who say "MH4 is coming soon anyway, why don't i skip 3U and wait for 4"
Back to top Go down
RupertKnight
Aptonoth

MH4 localization Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 localization   MH4 localization Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 8:13 pm

I certainly hope so. I was definitely one of those "I will wait til MH4 comes out" types. And then I saw the sale. Now I'm waiting for my CPP to come in the mail.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

MH4 localization Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 localization   MH4 localization Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 11:08 am

No word on its content other than WiiU and 3DS games releasing this year but there will be a Nintendo direct tomorrow morning in the US and possibly EU as well. Though unlikely..... Very very unlikely.. If MH4 were getting a holiday release in the west tomorrow will be where it's announced.

Back to top Go down
Bidoof
Aptonoth
Bidoof

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

MH4 localization Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 localization   MH4 localization Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 3:28 am

If MH4 is in this ND tomorrow i will probably pass out ngl
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

MH4 localization Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 localization   MH4 localization Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 11:32 am

as was guessed, there was no MH announcement.. It's pretty likely now we will not hear anything on the MH wester release front until 2014.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MH4 localization Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH4 localization   MH4 localization Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MH4 localization
Page 1 of 1