Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon review so far Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon review so far Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon review so far

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Pokemon review so far Empty
PostPokemon review so far

Well, I have to say ilike it it has a few problems, being:

1: the 3D, the parts of the game with 3D look better than the parts without so I don't buy their whole, "we left 3D out of much of the game to make it look better" BS. The graphical areas with 3D IMO are just better

2: during text portions there are some long delays before you can hit (a) and advance the text.

3: voice chat has some big issues, you can't play and chat at the same time like in several other 3DS games and its no where near as clear as it should be also... I think you can only chat with one person at a time?

4: Multiplayer took me and a few other many times to set up. Not even sure why it kept disconnecting us.

5: lots of new features not explained.

Aside from that there are some great parts in X/Y so far. (No spoilers)

But it really doesn't matter on the Elmer's you choose for starters you pretty much can have every element (except a few) before you ever make it to the first gym. Leveling is simple and encounter were easy.

Though it almost seemed like a beginners pokemon of sorts it was really refreshing on the things they changed and what they kept the same.

Though I listed a few things as gripes most of them aren't so bad. Really the only thing that bothered me was the lack of 3D where it really should have had more. The other issues can be fixed in patches or by reading online guides and such.

Overall I think this is the first pokemon game I've really enjoyed from the start. Can't wait to see how it goes from here.

Let me know what your all's reviews of the game is so far!
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Pokemon review so far :: Comments

Chipou
Re: Pokemon review so far
Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:02 am by Chipou
The 3d's pretty crap, in the parts it does allow it the game constantly trips over itself and has a pretty bad fps drop. But the stadium esque battles are pretty cool. Super training is pretty neat too, but its pretty damn repetitive and is going to get annoying as i ev train my other pokes. Cant wait to get pokerus/power items and just breeze through it all in 30 minutes like in blk/wht. But considering how you can completely ev train your starter in 90-120 minutes right off the bat is new and is a welcome first step.

People actually use the voice chat?

EDIT: HOLY SHIT. guys guys guys

They increased the character limit for names. I can finally name my blastoise shellshocker. GOTY right here
Ares
Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:55 pm by Ares
I'm loving it so far. Not playing at a sort of aerial view feels so different. I get lost so easily in the big city. I want to see the mega evolutions in action as well as the new fairy type stuff. And Gogoat!
Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:04 am by Guest
fun as phuck, framerate drops sometimes in battle and rarely in overworld but otherwise fixed a ton of stuff

3d is pointless so i'm glad they barely used it
Un-Tan
Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:56 am by Un-Tan
Controls: Same as always in general except for one big thing. Once you get the rollerblades there is suddenly a whole new way of moving around that you need to master. Not being able to turn them on/off is a bit of a letdown as I want to run using the joystick.

Camera: Sometimes great, sometimes a hinder. I know what they wanted to acomplish with the camera angles changing but it can be quite frustrating entering and exiting the same alley four times because of the camera making it seem as if you wanna turn around again.

3D: I wouldn't really know as I in general always have this feature turned off. But I did turn it on briefly in combat once just to check it out and I quite liked it. But it is still tiresome for my eyes so I play without it.

Plot: This time around there were 5 kids and that you could decide what the other 4 would call you which was quite nice(I know that at least 80% of you made them call you master or lord or something similiar). Each one got their own role and rather than having to fight all of them all the time you only really compete with one when it comes to battles which I find nice aswell.  As for the bad guys this time around... I have now foiled their plans but even so I can't really make out what Team Flare ever wanted to acomplish and they weren't the lookers that Rocket is.

Design for gen6: I like the new pokémons in general. The only one I have found so far that I don't like is the keychain but other than that I think they did a good job. There are the cool ones, ugly ones, cute ones, funny looking ones and whatnot.

Overworld: The world this time around is nifty. I like how flowers and tall grass have been brought in as grasstiles which gives it a bit of variety. The fact that you once again have to rely on HMs to cross the routes is a bit frustrating but it's not that big of a deal.

Battle: The new stadium-like battle style is something I really like. For the first time in 3generations have I actually wanted to have battle animations on.

Difficulty: Maybe because of the exp.share being changed so that you don't have to grind as much I end up being overleveled and haven't seen any challenge in the game so far. I remember the rival challenging me at one point using 3 pokémon and I thought to myself that he'd need at least 15 to be a challenge. But as for leveling this game is nice indeed.

EV Training: with the new secret training thingy you can EV train really easy right from the start. I haven't bothered doing it yet as I never EV-train during a playthrough and this time around I need it even less.

Misc: Being able to completely alter how you dress is something I enjoy alot. Maybe the little girl in me find it very funny to change dresses and whatnot. Another huge plus is that they incorporated every generation really well into it. So rather than being stuck with only gen6 pokémon your entire team can be made up out of any generation of your choice.

Overall summary: I like this game Yes by vort
PAiN---
Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:54 am by PAiN---
After  playing Pokémon for the first time since the reboot of Gold/Silver, I’m very pleased with this game. I like the customization of the main character, being able to choose the appearance and clothing is really cool. I may be wrong but I thought I noticed there are a few more characters to add when naming, which is convenient.

Spoiler:

The world in the game looks very nice, everything stands out pretty well. I think the 3D for the game is worthless, I can understand that putting it on the 3DS that it should have 3D but Pokémon doesn’t need it. I kinda wished the menu had larger icons for looking at your team, saving, items etc.  

Other than that the game is amazinggggg. Nao all I want is to see some Mega Evolutions xD
dcj91x
Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:25 pm by dcj91x
I just feel the full game should have had 3D. People have the choice to turn it off if they don't want to use it and its there. People who like 3D and its not there have no choice. Just feel its a missed out and over looked oppertunity just like voice chat while playing.
Yamatsu
Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:44 pm by Yamatsu
It seems the max amount of EVs in a single stat is 252 now.
This pleases me. :mast: 

So much to do if you try to do everything... Not even at the 2nd gym yet and have played 15 hours; catching everything, training a team, EV training... Really enjoying X so far
Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:56 pm by Guest
I would rather have 50 more mega evolutions than voice chat and more 3D, but that's just me

also since EV training is more straightforward and a bit more enjoyable this time around (you can EV train a bunch of pokemon at once if you want), i'm not going to use genning Yes by vort

not that there is even a way of genning yet...
Verity19
Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:59 pm by Verity19
I'm glad my brother got me off the fence for deciding to get this. I like what they did with this one, especially with being able to change your character's appearance for the first time (I've always liked this in games), though I do wish there was a way to preview your new hairstyle and color you're getting and decline it if you don't like it, what with how you are, after all, spending money on it. The 3D view is nice, though it does throw me off a bit when the view changes, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I personally like that I was able to evolve and level up my Pokemon so quickly, what with how on other games I would struggle some to even do this, and these new mega evolutions are cool (ironic that I watched Origin just a week before the games released).
A big advantage I like that my brother and I used was that you don't have to go to a center just to trade or battle anymore, though I'll admit that we took a little time to figure this out, just like how it took me a bit of internet searching to find out how to restart the game. The rollerskates are a nice idea, also, and I like that we get them early in the game. The battles look better, though I've noticed a bit of a slight lag every now and then, which my brother noticed, too, but that isn't so bad.
All in all, I'm enjoying Pokemon Y cat
dcj91x
Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:02 pm by dcj91x
Vortiene wrote:
I would rather have 50 more mega evolutions than voice chat and more 3D, but that's just me

also since EV training is more straightforward and a bit more enjoyable this time around (you can EV train a bunch of pokemon at once if you want), i'm not going to use genning  Yes by vort

not that there is even a way of genning yet...
Now that I understand. But I don't think one interferes with the other.
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:59 pm by Lagiacrus the ultimate
I don't really care for the 3D. Honest opinion. I never really have with 3DS games.
Chipou
Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:52 pm by Chipou
Uggh, just challenged the electric gym leader and everyone was like 10 levels above except for the hm slave who was maybe 1 or 2 levels below. I want to complain but i know its my fault for keeping exp share on.

Also god damn pokemon amie, being so damn adorable and game breaking at the same time.
Andy124
Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:27 pm by Andy124
I pretty much ignored all amie and the special training thing. I manage to defeat the elit four today and the champion....And I don't know what to do next. I do like this game, it's just that... I don't know. Something is keeping me from fully "love" the game. Is it the fact they they changed the cries? Is it the fact on how my pokemon was 10 levels higher from the champion? The graphics? I don't know, and I might never find out.
TD;RL: Good game.
Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:16 am by Guest
Too didnt read long = TD RL?
BoredForLife
Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:38 pm by BoredForLife
Got the game yesterday... Nothing went as planned :<

Got a Hasty Froakie and an Adamant special Torchic and thus I chose a bulbasaur xD Oh well I guess I can transfer my adamant charizard from fire red later...

Also I got the pokeball case in the mail today... Plus that metallic key chain but hey who cares about that...

Well I am taking my time with the game... 6:24 hours in and I just fought that sleeping snorlax... Is that normal?
dcj91x
Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:45 pm by dcj91x
^ can't transfer anything until December.

Also after I got the daycare I traded for a male and female magikarp from a different region and have been breeding hundreds of magikarp named Jerry for the past 40 hours.
Verity19
Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:42 pm by Verity19
dcj91x wrote:
can't transfer anything until December.

Also after I got the daycare I traded for a male and female magikarp from a different region and have been breeding hundreds of magikarp named Jerry for the past 40 hours.

I was curious as to whether or not we're able to transfer Pokemon from other games... Will we only be able to do so with Pokemon Black/White, though? To be honest, I wasn't motivated enough on that game to reach the point when you can transfer on that game, so the Pokemon I am actually wanting to transfer are still on Pearl/Diamond/Platinum. If it weren't for the changes they made on X/Y, I might not have even had the motivation to even start Y... Been through eight gyms so many times now x.x

Jerry... Are there any females thus far? XD
Red
Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:30 pm by Red
I kinda like the story to be honest there was a few good point team flare made and i love the ending.
At time's i felt nostalgia of pokemon colosseum it was fricking great =D.
i do also wish the skate's could of been taken off but i have gotten use to them now.
dcj91x
Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:37 am by dcj91x
Verity19 wrote:
dcj91x wrote:
can't transfer anything until December.

I was curious as to whether or not we're able to transfer Pokemon from other games... Will we only be able to do so with Pokemon Black/White, though? To be honest, I wasn't motivated enough on that game to reach the point when you can transfer on that game, so the Pokemon I am actually wanting to transfer are still on Pearl/Diamond/Platinum. If it weren't for the changes they made on X/Y, I might not have even had the motivation to even start Y... Been through eight gyms so many times now x.x

Jerry... Are there any females thus far? XD

The female Magikarp have white wiskers and the males have yellow.. they are all named "Jerry".

And it's the same regardless of B/W or B2/W2.. all is in december.

Also I agree.. I ONLY got B/W becaus eI thought it would be different.. very dissapointed.. so far I have been happy with X/Y (a few parts have dissapointed me but the overall changes are very well done.)

Red wrote:
I kinda like the story to be honest there was a few good point team flare made and i love the ending.
At time's i felt nostalgia of pokemon colosseum it was fricking great =D.
i do also wish the skate's could of been taken off but i have gotten use to them now.
.... technically they can be "taken off" you just use the (D) pad instead of the slide pad... which also helps you move faster in grass while holding the (B) button instead of using skates.

also.. why in the world does the bottom screen and framerate drop just from switching the skates on and off?...
Verity19
Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:59 pm by Verity19
dcj91x wrote:
The female Magikarp have white wiskers and the males have yellow.. they are all named "Jerry".

Also I agree.. I ONLY got B/W becaus eI thought it would be different.. very dissapointed.. so far I have been happy with X/Y (a few parts have dissapointed me but the overall changes are very well done.)

Ah, I was curious as to whether or not you might be naming females another name. It's fine with me either way, though; this is wonderful XD
I thought B/W would be different, too, so my motivation dropped like a lead ball before I got to the Elite 4 (it was around that part when I finally stopped forcing imaginary motivation out of me). I mean, I got Yellow and a GameBoy Color when I was four, my first handheld video game, and have been following the games since, getting Gold, Ruby and Emerald, plus Pearl and Platinum, then Diamond (I adored Wi-Fi and needed a game to dump my multitude into), and I even got Heart Gold. I was always more into the changes that I could see and do after the Elite 4, like trying to get lots of spots on my globe in Pearl from Wi-Fi (I got tons, mostly in Japan).

dcj91x wrote:
why in the world does the bottom screen and framerate drop just from switching the skates on and off?...

Good question. When I switched around between the two Sunday, this seemed to just mess with my eyes, to be honest ">.>
dcj91x
Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:39 pm by dcj91x
^ They used the excuse that they didn't add 3D because it lowerd the frame rate... I found that as a lame excuse when the frame rate dropped in 2D just dy taking off the skates or doing other simple ingame stuff that should not affect anything at all.

I would have liked the game to be in full 3D, but don't get me wrong if they had had an actual reason to leave it out I would have understood but their reason for leaving it out was to help the graphics and framerate... which the game still clearly suffers these problems from in 2D regardless...

Also the game is 1.5G in download... which other 3DS games are up to 4 gigs now.... so it doesn't even use the full amount of memory possible.. but anyways at this point I'm just beating a dead Ponyta. The games out and is still the best pokemon games they have made in a long time. Hopefully they only improve from here.

One of my favorite improvements is the "Global Trade System" and the "Wonder Trade". I think that this is one of the best updates to the tradeing and interaction with other pokemon players Nintendo/GameFreak has ever done.
Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:16 pm by Guest
Breeding bergmites to get the right nature, and wonder trading off extras. Someone traded me a haunter that evolved, a gurrdurr that evolved, and an omanyte. Not bad at all!

Also dcj the reason using 4gb wouldnt have helped is because more data space would not decrease the average amount of processing the game engine has to do. It lags because there are calculations, sound, and graphics all working intensely at once, to change the control scheme instantly requires a large algorithm that probably is process intensive. Using more gb would not rectify this because its a physical limitation, and code optimization only goes so far.
Verity19
Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:28 pm by Verity19
dcj91x wrote:
They used the excuse that they didn't add 3D because it lowerd the frame rate... I found that as a lame excuse when the frame rate dropped in 2D just dy taking off the skates or doing other simple ingame stuff that should not affect anything at all.

Yeah, it does...
Their excuse does not satisfy one's eyes after being caught off-guard by this the first time it happens. I'm sure I'll re-adapt and soon get used to the switching after my recharger arrives, so I'm fine, but that threw me off ">.>

dcj91x wrote:
the game is 1.5G in download... other 3DS games are up to 4 gigs now.... so it doesn't even use the full amount of memory possible.. but anyways at this point I'm just beating a dead Ponyta.

The point is good, and I do love the expression at the end XD
dcj91x wrote:
One of my favorite improvements is the "Global Trade System" and the "Wonder Trade". I think that this is one of the best updates to the tradeing and interaction with other pokemon players Nintendo/GameFreak has ever done.

I would have to agree. GTS has always been wonderful, being what I'm pretty sure was actually their first idea to take a Pokemon game and allow people around the world to connect through it. Favorite part of Pearl/Diamond/Platinum gen after the Elite 4 cat
Wonder Trade just surprises me at even the idea of it. I've yet to use it, but I am eager to start doing so ^-^
dcj91x
Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:53 am by dcj91x
^ the wonder trade is vary addictive!!!!!

Post  by Sponsored content

Pokemon review so far

Page 1 of 1