Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH3U to MHFU Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH3U to MHFU Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MH3U to MHFU

Go down 
+2
dcj91x
Velox
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Velox
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

MH3U to MHFU Empty
PostSubject: MH3U to MHFU   MH3U to MHFU Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi guys, just started playing MHFU since I had a PSP lying around. I've actually played MH3U for about 300 hours and decided to pick up on the other series's (MHFU).

So I used the Hammer a lot in MH3U and just had a question, are the combos in MHFU different than in MH3U because I can't seem to pull them off. Like after the triple pound you can't press the R Trigger to combo infinitely? Or just tapping R Trigger on that first swing doesn't let you combo that either.

And on a side note, how does the LS work in FU? Is there different colours for the Spirit Gauge? Can't seem to get the final slash off.

Anthony    Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

MH3U to MHFU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH3U to MHFU   MH3U to MHFU Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 2:02 pm

You have to remember that Freedom Unite is a MUCH older game.. and though in some aspects the content in Fu is (monster and such) the mechanics are a bit less refined as well as the graphics and controls. (to some exstint depending on what you are use to)

So yes, the weapons do work differently and there were quite a few changes from Freedom UNITE on the PSP (sony) to 3 ULTIMATE on the 3DS (nintendo).

... but if you really want to be confused wait until MH4Ultimate and all the changes in that game. Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

MH3U to MHFU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH3U to MHFU   MH3U to MHFU Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 10:44 am

Well about the LS on MHFU, it only has 1 bar which gives you an attack boost when it's full. The Final Slash attack wasn't added until Monster Hunter Tri.
Back to top Go down
Velox
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

MH3U to MHFU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH3U to MHFU   MH3U to MHFU Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 8:56 am

dcj91x wrote:
You have to remember that Freedom Unite is a MUCH older game.. and though in some aspects the content in Fu is (monster and such) the mechanics are a bit less refined as well as the graphics and controls. (to some exstint depending on what you are use to)

So yes, the weapons do work differently and there were quite a few changes from Freedom UNITE on the PSP (sony) to 3 ULTIMATE on the 3DS (nintendo).

... but if you really want to be confused wait until MH4Ultimate and all the changes in that game. Yes by vort

Hmmm, that makes sense. Guess i'll just have to get used to it. Yeah MH4U does look really confusing, but its definitely going to be fun. :D 
GobulHunterJames wrote:
Well about the LS on MHFU, it only has 1 bar which gives you an attack boost when it's full. The Final Slash attack wasn't added until Monster Hunter Tri.

Ah, so is it worth it to spam R Trigger all the time?
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

MH3U to MHFU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH3U to MHFU   MH3U to MHFU Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 2:22 pm

R, triangle, R, triangle, R, R

Your spirit bar will not completely deplete that way. You do need a big opening to pull the whole thing off though.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

MH3U to MHFU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH3U to MHFU   MH3U to MHFU Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 6:10 am

Before the final slash was added I used to do the Triangle+Circle dodge-slash to end after the 3-hit attack. Another annoying thing is that you can only dodge backwards with that dodge slash, side dodging with it wasn't added till Tri either.
Aside from these changes the Longsword pretty much plays the same way. But man not being able to side dodge-slash is really limiting at times. :p
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

MH3U to MHFU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH3U to MHFU   MH3U to MHFU Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 1:30 pm

One thing you've got to remember with unite, is you never use the sword and shield. Just... don't do it.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

MH3U to MHFU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH3U to MHFU   MH3U to MHFU Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 7:04 pm

i like SnS!
it's not the best damage wise in unite but it is still fun to use, which for me is the most important part. SnS is actually the only weapon i ever killed ukanlos with (didn't fight him too often and hadn't used a lot of different weapons when i did) though i pretty much only used the GS from khezu upwards with the GS i just never could get the timing right on him...
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

MH3U to MHFU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH3U to MHFU   MH3U to MHFU Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 8:36 am

Tomderdepp wrote:
i like SnS!
it's not the best damage wise in unite but it is still fun to use, which for me is the most important part. SnS is actually the only weapon i ever killed ukanlos with (didn't fight him too often and hadn't used a lot of different weapons when i did) though i pretty much only used the GS from khezu upwards with the GS i just never could get the timing right on him...

SnS is easily the worst weapon in the game as far as mechanics and damage outputs are concerned. Hammer/LS/HBG all the way. But I'll admit it's fun to mess around with every now and then and I do have an ice SnS which works out pretty damn good against Rajang.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MH3U to MHFU Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH3U to MHFU   MH3U to MHFU Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MH3U to MHFU
Page 1 of 1