Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Letter (aka GARBAGE) Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Letter (aka GARBAGE) Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Letter (aka GARBAGE)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

The Letter (aka GARBAGE) Empty
PostThe Letter (aka GARBAGE)

The Letter is an indie game that made it onto the Wii U eshop. It is 2 USD.

"Two dollars! Holy shit I'll take it!"

Whoa whoa hey now. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This game is not worth its price. It is complete shit. It takes 6 minutes to complete. It is not gorgeous to look at, and has no gameplay whatsoever. To add onto this it looks like it uses many stock assets from Unity, the engine used to create the game. There are so many things wrong with this game. Just see for yourself:

Can anyone explain how this made it onto the eshop?
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

The Letter (aka GARBAGE) :: Comments

Tomderdepp
Re: The Letter (aka GARBAGE)
Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:04 am by Tomderdepp
lol, like 30% of the game are loading time
Oni Zelkami
Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:23 am by Oni Zelkami
Lol, this is like a test game someone made as an assignment for a class. These schmucks didn't even know how to program pop-up messages.
MetaMarx
Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:28 pm by MetaMarx
The objects aren't even scaled correctly. You could fit 5 people on that goddam beach chair. They should have made the story about a man on a giant's island.
Sai_
Post Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:24 pm by Sai_
I thought that was a cheap Steam game for a moment... oh wait...
dcj91x
Post Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:59 am by dcj91x
.. so I bought this $2 game.. and I have a differnt veiw on it.

yes it's a crap game.. but is it horrible overall?? sure but it does something very good. It invites new developers to the WiiU and shows whu Indie games have been selling better on the WiiU than even Mobile phone devices.

Steme world dig, shovel knight, mutant muds and many more have made more and sold more on the wiiu (and 3ds) than other systems combined due to nintendos and the wiius ease of development and their help in the process and promotion. Which directly cotridicts many 3rd party developers claims... So even having games like this which, might be crap but in an way are nice throw back to old PC style games and are fun in a sad way... actually help (as long as the prices stay under $2.. because 1. they show that Nintendo is open to developers, 2. have a variety of games for different taste, 3. it help leads to better games like Devils 3rd, 4. help have more people promote nintendo and contridict larger 3rd party claims and 5. hopefully lead to better quality games in the future...

So While I understand the veiw on the game I can't completely agree to it as I see how much it actually helps having it.
MetaMarx
Post Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:47 pm by MetaMarx
So Nintendo is saying, "Ya send us your shit that took almost no time and effort into making, no play testing, and absolutely no polishing, etc." right?

Sure, there are still some pretty bad games on the eshop. Those have more effort put into them than this game. I have seen a lot of shitty Unity games, and they are almost all like this one. Some of them even have gameplay when they aren't a shitty Slender rip-off. Actually, Slender rip-offs have more gameplay than The Letter.

You also can't compare this "game" to older stuff such as Myst. Myst showed off a lot what this new-age tech can do. It has an interesting world to explore and has puzzles/stuff to interact with. The Letter just says, "Hey I downloaded Unity, look!"

That's my effortpost for the day.
Post Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:25 pm by Guest
DAT loading speed
dcj91x
Post Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:09 pm by dcj91x

.......................................................................................................

Please wait for response............................................................................................
dcj91x
Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:53 am by dcj91x
And here ya go with my response: http://wiiudaily.com/2014/07/the-letter-game-budget-of-377/
MetaMarx
Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:31 pm by MetaMarx
LOL

"That’s all nice and noble, but what we’re really wondering is; if he knew that the game was lacking and not up to standard, why release it? Why not work on it some more, why not try and raise more than $377?"

Doesn't make the game any less shitty or helpful to Nintendo.
dcj91x
Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:08 pm by dcj91x
*what this does mean though metta... Is that you can finally build that $300 game on your computer at home you always wanted and put it out on the WiiU for $1.99 and get every to play it.. You can call it.. "The Marxist Syatem" by Meta studieos!!

and the ending of the game can be:
Spoiler:

^actual game ending.. seriously

I still defend the thought of the game being on the wiiu if not the game its self...
MetaMarx
Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:13 pm by MetaMarx
Now anyone with Unity can send in their garbage! Helps a lot lel
dcj91x
Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:25 pm by dcj91x
yes and no.. If you go on the psn store... well look at some of the stuff there.. or the xb store.. it's flooded with stuff..

heck go on the app stores on any phone.. You know as well as I do people are going to buy stuff like that and love it..

Nintendo on the other hand has an advantage over all those other systems a way for people (who are smart and do research) to find out if the game is good or not before they buy.. The Miiverse! Not the section open to everyone of course but those who have actually played the game or some of the developer posts.

Go, look at posted pictures and ask questions.. espectially on games like this.. heck:

if you see that the game has pictures like this.. do you think you should buy it?

The Letter (aka GARBAGE) ZlCfzSOrFiknF7Nmaq

The Letter (aka GARBAGE) ZlCfzSOnPbA6Rbj4i9

Or if this is the exstent of the story?

The Letter (aka GARBAGE) ZlCfzSOnUqQ0tzNCLg

So I say yeah.. games like this are fine (horrible) but fine because some people will love them but before you buy them use your resources, the posted video's, the description and the miverse (which again no other system has) to make an appropriate purchase decision first...

Also.. if someone posts something like this:

"Every time I beat this game....I die a little more inside."

You have to aske yourself, why did they play it more than once?

parasky
Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:49 pm by parasky
This has to be a joke. Something this lazy and cheap cannot be done unironically.
MHWF
Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:58 am by MHWF
MetaMarx wrote:
Now anyone with Unity can send in their garbage! Helps a lot lel

hmmm.. actually compared to the cost of making an indie game for xb1 it might:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/07/30/cost-of-making-xbox-indie/?.tsrc=globe

$377 compared to $5,143.. even a bad game will find people who like it and knowing that nintendo is more open to developers at a lower cost will draw in more "good" developers and games as well.

a few good examples are the "Guild 01/02" games that got localised here on the 3ds and the fact that time and time again sales for indie games have been higher for indie games on the 3ds and wiiu for indie game games than on all other platforms combined and have sold better in a shorter period of time.

Again don't get me wrong.... don't like crappy work but that doesn't mean there isn't a place for it. I just think those who buy it should do more research before buying it and make sure it's a game for them.
MetaMarx
Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:36 pm by MetaMarx
parasky wrote:
This has to be a joke. Something this lazy and cheap cannot be done unironically.

I wish this game was done ironically.

Also, people on Miiverse think this is a horror game. Flashlight + dark = horror, right?
Super Mario 3D World has a flashlight gimmick for a mansion level. Have I been playing a horror game THE ENTIRE TIME!?
dcj91x
Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:56 pm by dcj91x
MetaMarx wrote:
parasky wrote:

I wish this game was done ironically.

Also, people on Miiverse think this is a horror game. Flashlight + dark = horror, right?
Super Mario 3D World has a flashlight gimmick for a mansion level. Have I been playing a horror game THE ENTIRE TIME!?

I think it's more the creepy music, the suspense added to it, and "imagined" risk people feel in dark places not knowing what could happen.

Basically the same as goin out in your own back yard at night and seeing shadows and hearing the wind whipping threw the trees.. Some peoples imagination just run wild. For most, it's just going in the back yard and taking a stroll for others they get spooked from every little thing because of the unknown and unexspected.

Heck I haven't seen a horror movie yet that scared me but the first time I watched "Golden Girls" .. seriously I couldn't sleep for weeks! I thought some old woman was watching me through my window...
MetaMarx
Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:09 pm by MetaMarx
I think it's made dark to hide the fact that the environments look like shit.
dcj91x
Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:38 pm by dcj91x
..... I had a girlfriend like that once..

Honestly.. the best game I've played like this along the same lines of "horror suspense" that's just an exploration puzzles solving game is "the Starship Damrey" on the 3DS...

Great Game, good graphics quality, interesting story line and I'm pretty sure the budget was more than $3.77
Post  by Sponsored content

The Letter (aka GARBAGE)

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Things we do when not hunting :: Passing the time when not on MH :: Non-MH Games and Gaming-
Jump to: