Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting thread - Page 9 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting thread - Page 9 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting thread

Go down 
+15
MetaMarx
Crystalis
Jojozityjo
th8827
Ataraxia
BoredForLife
Un-Tan
Kanade
MHWF
Lucas
Chips
Phazon Xenomorph
Samochan
Sephastus
Tsunday
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Tsunday
Kelbi
Tsunday

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sweden

Hunting thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 6:15 am

First topic message reminder :

As of when I write this, I just brutally exterminated Glavenus by shoving my large stick up his pooper multiplied by a thousand bolts coated with the most piquant acid and searing stuff I could find in order to extort as much agony as possible to ensue his demise for my own yield in order to savagely skin him to decorate my new assegai.

Mizutani and Astalos were the best fights I've had in years. It made my phallus crag firm.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 9:46 pm

Everything except 'Full Deviant Armor' stacks.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 8:49 pm

full deviant armor makes arts fill faster? i heard nothing of that :o
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 9:13 pm

Yea, 'cause its not the case
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 3:46 pm

this armor got sum skills to do with filling arts!

EDIT- wait i think im not allow to link stoofs

Chance+10 > Trump Card
Insight+10 > Composed
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 3:55 pm

Trump Card doesn't effect the gauge. Just gives Arts damage/duration boosts and double Absolute Readiness/Evasion
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 8:52 pm

ahh i see, i thought deviant armor didnt boost guage, i never felt like my guage filled faster in my snowbaron stuff lol
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 9:00 am

finally got around to finishing my remaining village quests! now i only need gold crowns and the cat stuff for rest of my awards but i got the scouter on fighting ones to get a perfect prowler =.=
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 8:59 pm

Thought id finally be able to get some new armors and maybe branch out from the 2 or 3 sets i have that are the only ones about worth it for anything really. But noo, HR7 is just another huge block, same old monsters, just in pairs. God this game. Big mistake making 95% of all the armor completely suck until you get to the very very end of end game x.x
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 11:37 am

Jojozityjo wrote:
Thought id finally be able to get some new armors and maybe branch out from the 2 or 3 sets i have that are the only ones about worth it for anything really. But noo, HR7 is just another huge block, same old monsters, just in pairs. God this game. Big mistake making 95% of all the armor completely suck until you get to the very very end of end game x.x

Tend to agree, every time i beat a new HR monster i look at the armor and i have never been blown away. I guess deviants are the main way to go. Will just keep my HR Rathalos until then.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 9:05 pm

sadly most deviant armors are underwhelming too. Lots of skills, but they dont usually match up to be something you really wanna work for. Silverwind, Dreadking, and Dreadgueen are the good ones. Silverwind seriously compliments criticals giving you strong dmg in critical form as well as evasion skill. Dreadking is just the unstoppable raw power one with windproof, hg earplugs, tenderizer and atk up L. Dreadqueen is an amazing Status/Support set with crit up 2, crit status, status 2, and wide range 2.

Other than that, im finding ima have to mix-match with good charms to get anything good like you could in previous games, but for any good sets, im finding i need stuff that you have to go through such bs chains of village requests or unlock through some bs chain of quests in the very last HR rank to unlock the last of the HR quests, it's a pain x.x
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 9:20 pm

For the past couple of games I've just been going with "nicest look" regardless of what the skills are for my armor sets.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 8:27 pm

i may be getting to that point if they make the armors any more barricaded or worthless skill wise lol
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 11:16 am

I have been seeing people with great mixed sets.

They look horrible... but still, great skills.

I may eventually do that as well, since there are certain skill combinations that seem impossible on a pure set.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 9:01 pm

there is a lot of skill combinations that are impossible on a pure set lol
honestly, when i finally get past the 50 million barriers capcom put in place to get anything of any decency, probably all my serious armors are going to be mixed sets, except maybe my status set, it will be dreadqueen, unless i get really really tired of that rediculous umbrella skirt thing lol
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 10:26 am

You could always make a guy hunter Jojo... no more skirts to worry about, plus a tight bun to stare at while you play. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 8:58 pm

well the men defo look sexier than the girls in mh for me lol
but no, i wouldnt make a guy, id have too hard a time immersing into and feeling like it's actually me having the fun hunting and such lol
besides, i got other hunters, or even my bfs hunters bun to stare at, since im currently only ranking up if im with him, doing a paired run through instead of seperate then do whatever with the other lol
plus i getto spank his, the numerous times ive sent him flying in the excuse of "you can jump atk it now x3" XD
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 4:00 pm

The Fire Emblem DLC gave me the pants I needed to complete this set

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAB2V0fGQJAX_Q
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 9:04 pm

nice armor lol

also, im growing incredibly fed up with gunner armor in general on all monster hunter games, and im a bit surprised no one else is. I mean, it's completely unfair to the gunner to have HALF the defense, in end game, that's like, 200+ less defense, that's freaking absurd.And the guner really doesnt get any advantages over blademaster except versatility. Range? pfft, range is crap, cause for 1, range doesnt matter, that monster can still kick your butt before you can blink just the same as it can a blademaster, only the blademaster can actually take the stupid hit, and 2, it's really not that great for dmg either, sure, there is a few monsters thatit lets you get free hits on while they spam some close range thing, like khezu with his thuder dome, but honestly, gunners NEED that just to be able to do as much dmg as blademasters sometimes, so it's really not giving them any clear advantage whatsoever, and i suppose there is a 3, the range is kinda dumb, you HAVE to be a certain small distance from the monster, or your shots do crap dmg, wtf? No straight up advantage to merit losing half your damn defense x.x

IT used to be, Gunnners would get straight up more resistances, at least 5 more in every resistance, but they dont even do that anymore, sure some get 5 more in this or that resistance, some are exactly the same, so, wtf? Granted, 5 extra resistance is kinda garbage compared to losing out on HALF YOUR DEFENSE! x.x

If the capcom is so dead set on giving gunners a disadvantage for their fake advantages, it should be no less than 75% of the blademasters defense. Least then the gunner could at least survive a monster fart that was blown in their general direction. I mean, come on, Blademasters can already get totally wrecked by some monster attacks, yet they stil lwanna half gunner def? Every time i see a gunner in a room, i cringe, even if they are someone i know who is a pro and a half, cause i know, the slightest slipup, the slightest distraction, the slightest, tiniest lil thing happens, boom their dead, period. Half defense for gunners just makes them cost you the mission, it's unfair.

I like using bow and guns sometimes, their cool and fun, but that defense, is just total garbage and completely unfair, it's too massive of a difference, you go from being able to take a hit and MAYBE coming out of it alive, to getting wrecked and feinting just because the damn thing looked at you funny -.-

/rant
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 2:35 pm

I hear you Jojo. I always make my main have gunner weapon setup for ease of certain fights.

If you have the proper weapon, you can do more damage per second than any blademaster, but you can't support that throughout the fight. For example, piercing elemental shots are insanely powerful. The rapid fire crag and clusters, with rapid fire up, is a huge gamechanger, the moment you are able to set it up. In fact, if you have a full group of gunners bringing the same thing, the monster can be permanently locked down, and destroyed in a couple of minutes.

That POSSIBILITY is the main reason I see them dumbing down the gunner so much. In MH3U, if you remember, the one way everyone was uber farming for HR and money, was by everyone getting their gunner and just doing 4 point Arc, and/or the Dire Miralis. Unfortunately, gunner gets nerfed because out of all the other weapons, it is the only one that can, and is actively exploited if they don't.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 9:08 pm

those hardcore lockdowns guns can do usually only last until the ammo is out, or if you bring a lot of prep to recreate ammo ir supplies, which usually takes a lot of resources and a lot of inventory space. So for anyone just wanting to do basic gunner, just bring what you can base carry, like 1 stack ammo, potions, charms, maybe pickaxe and bugnet. And not to mention, when your solo, you usually cannot do any of that lockdown stuff. I just find it incredibly unfair to punish the solo for what the group can do. It's also unfair to nerf something that has almost nothing to do with those lockdowns. IF you wanna nerf the lockdowns, NERF the lockdowns, make monsters more resistant to it, or make the ammo weaker, or something, dont nerf the defense, that punishes everyone.

It just feels stupid to punish what might could happen if youhad a perfect world with perfect friends and a perfect run by making EVERYONE suffer immensely for it. It's just WAY too much def to lose out on, especiall the higher you get, cause the higher you get, the massive amounts more def you're losing out on.

It's at a point where i dont even play gunner unless i have recoil down, and guard up for HBG and some kind of evasion or moxie thing for LBG. And bow, bow is just screwed, they cant do that uber lockdown stuff gunners can yet still, the monster farts in their direction, they die. Gotta have evasion, some stamina bonuses, probably moxie too, just so i dont ruin it for the team, even though im lil miss queen evasion with my bushido style. It's just too much x.x
I cant believe it's gone on as long as it has too, i hated it back in the very first monster hunter, i still hate it today and am finally outright astounded it's still there x.x
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2016 3:27 pm

came back from a semi-hiatus to get the marth armor so i can make the chipparu god mix! but that los sure loves to fly n spam fire balls! got rekt on bow cuz no 1 wants to use flash bombs so i switched to a faster sheathing weapon to spam them xd

afterwards hunted a ton of random stuffs with venusian n his buddehs/randoms.

its really weird to play with 4+ groups and randoms since its so different from muh usual crew n the duos with squid but squid has birthday celebrations U_U!

EDIT: chipparu returned from his super secret mission so i tried bow again vs the hyper los n did a lot better than with randoms this time around altho i did have a really funny cart. i tried to use my hunter art when he shot a fireball at a team mate but he turned around right away n 1 shotted me one a 2nd fire ball while i was in animation lock xd
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 6:24 pm

Made the more fashionable version of the God-set. Now I just need Focus+5 000 still to use GS with it.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 9:12 pm

managed to make Black S set which is a decent GS set for me, the Crit Draw i love for GS, and focus is great, blight res is quite handy, not to mention the resistances on that set is pretty beautiful, and it's pretty easy to mix in any other skill with the slots available and talismans.

Slowly working my way through HR7 every time i get to play with that bf, eventually ill break hr 7 and unlock everything. Least ive got all current village requests done.
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 3:42 pm

Finally got my DreadKing armor leveled to 6, all I need now are Lvl 7, 8, and 9 tickets. Hope they arent too painful to get.

Also been murdering some Snowbaron and Redhelm with my Prowler in anticipation of getting the armor for fun.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 8:45 pm

got so close to finishing off what was left in whats currently visible in hr7 with the bf but ran out of time, now i gotta wait 3 friggin days to finish off those quests and finally advance some more x.x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting thread   Hunting thread - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting thread
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next