Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)

Go down 
+50
blackice
Hashbrowns
jetavian
BoredForLife
Tomderdepp
Nephthys
AzureRaven
Tyrian
Deridor
tempacc
Shadowsns
oeon
Big Boss
Frohze
Snagglux
Gattai
ThatMysteriousNinja
1bighiccup
Locrin
Armoured Barioth
Tarath
Lucas
Ataraxia
kriss1989
haruno
St. Huck
sipax
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Yamatsu
Roon
Thor
AnimeAlex
Wishmaster
ghostwind101
X Kitsune X
Polar_Ukanlos
buggin
Jezzfezz
Kanade
AveZak
Phazon Xenomorph
Tigrex Blade
Shiera
Gian
blackheart
RG
Jojozityjo
nasalsniper312
Eddy
Chipou
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Chipou
Kecha Wacha
Chipou

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well since people like yelling at me when i post stupid questions in the Tri's SQH about Unite, i decided to make one here...since i figure people are more likly able t o answer anyways.

ok ill start out. how do i get top grade red horns from monobloses? and whats its rate?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
ThatMysteriousNinja
Cephalos
ThatMysteriousNinja

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:42 pm

Problem: I need a ceanataur claw+ from High Rank Shogun. And from what i hear hammer is the way to go. Now, is there a better way, and are there any other tips for breaking the claws?
Back to top Go down
Shadowsns
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 11:05 pm

In my opinion, its easier to capture him if you want claws. Sometimes I concentrate on hammering the shell, or I bowgun him with thunder s. But its all up to your preference. Capturing just lets me worry less about trying to break claws.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 3:37 am

i find it easier to bomb his claws off. With a bow, i take sleep coating and enough to make more, for extra help i take a comrade i have specialized around putting it to sleep. I put him to sleep, place bombs around his claws, kaboom, bye bye claws. Usually takes one bombing per claw. Also, if for some reason one doesn't come off, aim for the claw, it shouldnt be hard to shoot off.
Back to top Go down
Tarath
Deviljho
Tarath

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:15 pm

A genuine stupid question here: why is affinity better than attack in unite, but not in tri?
Back to top Go down
tempacc
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Fire-lord Zuko wrote:
A genuine stupid question here: why is affinity better than attack in unite, but not in tri?

Because critical hits have a higher raw to work off in Unite.

Lets say that we're choosing between Attack up Large and Reckless Abandon+3 on a Long Sword with 1200 raw and green sharpness.

AuL on a LS with 1200 raw - 48 raw boost
RA+3 - 7.5% raw boost (30% chance of 25% extra damage means a 7.5% damage increase overall) 7.5% of 1200 is 90

Hopefully I've not screwed the math up somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Tarath
Deviljho
Tarath

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Decent gemming for Narga X. Gogogo!
Back to top Go down
ThatMysteriousNinja
Cephalos
ThatMysteriousNinja

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:36 pm

Ok... I'm about to face these HR quests.

2 tigrex
Rajang
Silver Los, gold ian
Sliver Los + Gold Ian
and Shen Gaoren.

I'm using Ceanataur S, 341-ish def atm, and i have a bunch of stuff i could use.

I am really scared, any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

Thank you Points : 79

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:11 am

Fire-lord Zuko wrote:
Decent gemming for Narga X. Gogogo!

Whack Sharpness +1 in, get rid of ADS. Jobs a good 'un.
Back to top Go down
ThatMysteriousNinja
Cephalos
ThatMysteriousNinja

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:39 pm

ThatMysteriousNinja wrote:

2 tigrex
Rajang
Silver Los, gold ian
Sliver Los + Gold Ian
and Shen Gaoren.

I'm using Ceanataur S, 341-ish def atm, and i have a bunch of stuff i could use.

I am in desperate need of help...
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 3:43 am

2 tigrex
Rajang
Silver Los, gold ian
Sliver Los + Gold Ian
and Shen Gaoren.

I am in desperate need of help...

One suggestion, don't worry Yes by vort. If you made it this far then you can definitely take those monsters down.

READ ME: The following only applies to Tigrex and Los/Ian quests, I'm not so great at shen and Iv'e never fought a rajang, so don't try my suggestions with them

Stick with cean s armor, It should get you through to g-rank (or at least til the urgents... idk yet).

If you like to use Longswords, True Devil Slicer will make the quests easy (though the HR khezu hunting might be harder than the above XD).

If you like hammers, go hunt some more ceanatuars. The ceanatuar head axe is an incredibly good hammer, and pretty easy if you have gotten good at fighting cean (which you should be if you have the HR armor :P)

Idk much about other weapons, but if you have a different preference then i can play around and find something for you.

Items are simple... I bring this setup to almost every one of those quests

Book of combos 1-2 or 3 (optional, but not if you want ALL 20 mega potions :P)
10 Potion
10 Mega potion
10 Honey
(Max Honey Farm ASAP)
20 Whetstone (not hard to get...)
3 Psychoserum (mostly for the tigrex quest, if you don't wanna get destroyed by 2 in same area)
10 Well-Done Steaks
Paintballs (at least 10)
Shock trap (and tranq bombs if you want to capture them)
2 Genprey fangs
2 Trap tools
(the above 2 are to make 2 more shock traps. Trapping=easy hits even if you aren't capturing)
Armortalon
Armorcharm
Powertalon
Powercharm
(these 4 are absolutely important, the quests will be way harder without them. If money is an issue, find an easy quest for you to do that pays well and possibly drops expensive items (I did the dual ceanatuar quest over and over))

You could also bring 10 herbs and 10 blue mushrooms for more potions, but you will never be able to get more than 20 mega (unless there is a honey spot on these maps... can't remember)

If you want more help, such as gemming ideas or fighting strategies, pm me. Sorry if this wasn't what you needed D:
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 5:42 am

On the Rajang front, LS/GS/Hammer are all great weapons to use on him. The key rule here is ALWAYS move to HIS right, that is, if you're head to head, move left. This is because his most damaging attack is his wild punching, which starts with his left arm.

With a GS, the best charge opportunites occur during his beam attacks, where you should start charging ASAP next to his shoulder. When he's finished, he should turn around very conveniently as you get to Lv3.

LS is simple - don't get greedy. Rajang is a monster whose primary attacks go forward, so if you simple roll under him when he faces you, most of the time you shouldn't get hit.

I'm not good with a hammer, but a friend was and destroyed Rajang with them.

The other weapon of note is the bow, which has the advantage of not being close, and being very mobile, so there is less chance of being surprised. Issue here is a couple of hits WILL kill you.
Back to top Go down
oeon
Rhenoplos
oeon

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:19 pm

Dual swords also worked on rajang for me, but maybe thats just me..
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:17 pm

oeon wrote:
Dual swords also worked on rajang for me, but maybe thats just me..

not alone, im great with a bow and the dual rajang quest just told me no, they killed me.

but i went in with a DS and i destroyed them. DS is very fast, very agile, and can get the heck away once you know how to time things right. However it's not best for breaking, excellent at getting stuff killed, but not for breaking stuff really.
Back to top Go down
Armoured Barioth
Jaggi
Armoured Barioth

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 4:22 pm

So I'm at the last round of Nekoht's quests and I'm building up a collection of dual swords. I'm trying to make the Hi Twin Flames but one thing eludes me. Rathalos wings. I've yet to get any of them, whats the best way to get them?
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Yian Kut-Ku
Big Boss

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:22 pm

Armoured Barioth wrote:
So I'm at the last round of Nekoht's quests and I'm building up a collection of dual swords. I'm trying to make the Hi Twin Flames but one thing eludes me. Rathalos wings. I've yet to get any of them, whats the best way to get them?
I was making the same thing not long ago. I think the best thing to do is break both of his wings and capture him. It can be pretty annoying to get but but there are harder items. I'm not sure if you can get them on high rank quest though...
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:13 pm

Rathalos wings are terribly hard to get... I think breaking his wings and capturing him is the best idea, or at LEAST capturing.

I'll test it out right now, since Iv'e been meaning to make some rathalos stuff anyways (dreaded rubies...)
Back to top Go down
Big Boss
Yian Kut-Ku
Big Boss

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:38 pm

A few (probably stupid) questions.
What is the best Dragon LS? I've been working on the Lao one, but should I go for the Fatalis one instead? Though I cant ever see myself beating one, even High Rank Fatalis kicks my butt...

Which GS is better? Gaoren Cleaver or King Atillart Sword? I'm leaning towards the first because it's easier (in my opinion) to make and because it has a nice defense bonus.

What is the best Thunder lance, Demonlance Rajang or Naar Thunderlance? I've been told that raw is what you should go for most of the time but the Naar Thunderlance looks better to me.

Thanks for any answers you guys have. Oh, and good luck with those Rubies Deridor. I hunt High Rank Silver Los for those, I think that's the fastest way.
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 3:14 pm

I think a lot of these depend on the monster you're fighting, as they all have specific elemental resistances. Even monsters who are supposedly weak to an element usually take about 80% damage from that element, compared to the 100% for raw. There were a couple that had a bit more than 100% for element, but I can't remember (I'll have to find the walkthrough/faq again :3)

Anyways, I'll give my suggestions for general usage:

I'd say the fatalis sickle would be better due to its raw, and possibly easier to get. idk the rarity of the fatalis mats you need, but the lao ones for knockout are incredibly rare, probably moreso than rathalos rubies.

King atillart sword is better, without a doubt. The raw isn't that much better than gaoren cleaver, but the sharpness is exceptional in comparison. Gaoren's "good" sharpening levels (yellow and above) don't even make up half the bar XD. If you dislike the affinity, just gem it out or use it with a teostra set. Even 1 level of extra affinity would work.

The lances are a bit harder... I think the naar would be better in this case, unless you plan to use it on non thunder-weak monsters. The raw isn't even 100 less but the element is almost 300 more than demonlance rajang, so i think it makes up for itself vs an elementally weak monster (even 80% of 290 is more than 100% of 100 :P)

Please note this is just based off the wiki and a faq i once read about monster weaknesses, but i feel confident in my suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Snagglux
Seltas

Thank you Points : 38

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:52 pm

I've noticed that I'm approaching quite a few quests that have me fighting two monsters at the same time (mainly the dual Tigrex quests and the Gold Ian/Silver Los quest). With dung bombs being, well, a pile of crap in this game, it's kind of hard to seperate two monsters from the same area. So, rather than me asking "herp how do I do this quest" for each dual monster quest I come across, does anyone have any advice for controlling encounters with monsters, and keeping them away from each other for as long as possible? Or is there nothing I can do but wait for a monster to leave once they join up?
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 8:51 pm

@Diridor's reply to Big Boss! /salutes
IMO, you'll have alot less trouble getting Knockout Dragonsword than you will Legendary Fatalis Sickle. Fatalis LS needs a Big Elder Dragon Jewel which is by far the rarest item in MHFU.
It also need some Straight Fatalis Wings which can only be got from G rank Fatalis wing break.

Next, Gaoren Cleaver or King Atillart all depends on your play style. Get King Atillart if you use Crit Draw, but Gaoren Cleaver is much more suited for a hack 'n' slash playstyle.

And lastly, get Naar Thunderlance any day over Rajang one. If you plan to use it on Thunder-weak monsters. The difference in elemental damage is HUGE and is more than enough to make up for the 46 raw loss. Also, G rank kirin materials probably will be easier to get than Rajang ones.

There you go, Boss. It's been an honor. /returns to Mother Base ;)
Back to top Go down
Tyrian
Felyne

PostSubject: I just got this game.   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:21 pm

And I have two weapon-pertinent questions.
1) Which do you guys think I should start with? Bows or Dual Swords.
It's not so much a matter of killing things fast, but a matter of which one is considered more fun and unique.
2) What should be concerned about in this game, aside from the Tigrex currently trying to kill me?
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:03 am

I'd say dual swords are more fun (demon dance is down right intense)

As for concerns... I'd be concerned about going after tiggy with dual swords XD bows aren't a great weapon either. I'd say longsword, if you don't mind the less interesting weapon.
Back to top Go down
Tyrian
Felyne

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:27 pm

Deridor wrote:
I'd say dual swords are more fun (demon dance is down right intense)

As for concerns... I'd be concerned about going after tiggy with dual swords XD bows aren't a great weapon either. I'd say longsword, if you don't mind the less interesting weapon.

I kinda really do. I tried longswords once in tri, but I stopped because I ended up
spamming spirit combos. I might try the bow if people really do say it stinks, I
have a tendency to ignore common sense. Are there any notable bow armors at low rank?
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 4:18 am

i think obituary would be a good choice. it increases your dodge distance (evade+2), which is unfathomably useful against tigrex.
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 5:35 am

Deridor wrote:
i think obituary would be a good choice. it increases your dodge distance (evade+2), which is unfathomably useful against tigrex.

Evade+1/2 doesn't increase distance - that's Evade Dist Inc. What Evade +1/2 does is increase the number of frames your invincible for during a roll/hop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)
Page 7 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next