Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Isaak
Aptonoth
Isaak

Thank you Points : 3

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest? Empty
PostSubject: Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest?   Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:45 pm

Hopefully someone can verify this for me. I was looking at the Elder Quest list today because I just got to the 6 Star quests and wanted to know which were required for the next urgent, and now I'm confused about how you unlock the Lao quest.

It says you have to clear "A State of Crisis!" to unlock that quest. Well, there's more than one quest called "A State of Crisis!". One is unlocked as the next Urgent, and the other is unlocked by killing two of every boss monster up to that point.

Obviously I'd rather not have to do the second one because it'll take a lot longer (and I'm going to cry if I have to go kill another Tigrex right now). All I want to do is unlock that Lao quest, so can anyone tell me if it makes a difference how I unlock "A State of Crisis!"? I would assume "no" but MHFU is a bit of a bitch sometimes so it wouldn't surprise me if I had to unlock it the annoying way.
Back to top Go down
AveZak
Cephalos
AveZak

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest?   Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:52 pm

From what I can tell (I am at the same point) is that the Kill 2 of every village monster up to this point is for MHF2 ONLY. The 'State of Crisis' with the subcategory of MHFU lists pink ian, 4 horns & azure los as the only pre-req's for unlocking it in MHFU, so this appears to be good news for us.

I'll let you know as I expect to be done all of the pre-req's later tonight.
Back to top Go down
Isaak
Aptonoth
Isaak

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest?   Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:47 pm

AveZak wrote:
From what I can tell (I am at the same point) is that the Kill 2 of every village monster up to this point is for MHF2 ONLY. The 'State of Crisis' with the subcategory of MHFU lists pink ian, 4 horns & azure los as the only pre-req's for unlocking it in MHFU, so this appears to be good news for us.

I'll let you know as I expect to be done all of the pre-req's later tonight.

Sweet. I did pink ian and azure los already because I find ian and los really, really easy to fight, so I just have to do the dual Diablos to unlock A State of Crisis. I will be super happy if that's all I need to do to get to Lao.
Back to top Go down
AveZak
Cephalos
AveZak

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest?   Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 12:35 am

I just unlocked State of Crisis by completing the quests mentioned above:

Pink Ian
Azure Los
Four Horns

So hopefully upon completion of State of Crisis I will have access to Lao's quest & materials to upgrade my LS.

Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest?   Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 12:05 pm

At both of you....

He uses low rank Diablos D full set and whatnot to solo lao, since you are at high rank then make Ceanataur head axe (as seen at the end of the vid) and youll get a lao KILL instead of a repel.

Cause at teh end of the video he shows himself (and the equip screen) with a Tigrex Striker hammer for his low rank lao, and the Ceanataur head axe for a high rank lao. All 3 Lao's, low, high, and g rank are done in low rank Diablos D which honestly is just so amazing for lao.
Back to top Go down
AveZak
Cephalos
AveZak

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest?   Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:36 pm

Thanks for the video The amazing and awsome The amazing and awsome The amazing and awsome NOVA.

This tactic allowed me to a kill on my very first run of Lao. It was the village 6 star edition, and I was using Diablos D with Anvil Hammer.

**EDIT**

Testing:

The amazing and awsome The amazing and awsome NOVA

*EDIT2*

Nicely done N-ova.
Back to top Go down
Polar_Ukanlos
Popo
Polar_Ukanlos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest?   Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:18 am

Nova wrote:
At both of you....

He uses low rank Diablos D full set and whatnot to solo lao, since you are at high rank then make Ceanataur head axe (as seen at the end of the vid) and youll get a lao KILL instead of a repel.

Cause at teh end of the video he shows himself (and the equip screen) with a Tigrex Striker hammer for his low rank lao, and the Ceanataur head axe for a high rank lao. All 3 Lao's, low, high, and g rank are done in low rank Diablos D which honestly is just so amazing for lao.

Great vid. The Ceanataur Head Axe is an excellent hammer to use, but i prefer the Hidden Break because of the excellent affinity. plus, when he finally reaches the fort part, the ballistas are good to use with gunnery master.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest?   Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:50 pm

Polar_Ukanlos wrote:
Nova wrote:
At both of you....

Great vid. The Ceanataur Head Axe is an excellent hammer to use, but i prefer the Hidden Break because of the excellent affinity. plus, when he finally reaches the fort part, the ballistas are good to use with gunnery master.

well the thing was, Mazeron there was showing how you can kill all 3 Lao Shan Lung in Low Rank armor, Diablos D while only needing the weapon to be the thing that changes, Stripped Striker for low, Ceanataur for High, Hidden Breaker for G.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest?   Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unlocking the 6 Star Elder Lao quest?
Page 1 of 1