Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please

Go down 
+3
Deridor
monster_hawk_pimp_mi
RobertMuldoon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RobertMuldoon
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please Empty
PostSubject: The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please   The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 2:05 pm

For the past 2 days I've been trying to deal with the HR5 Green Plesioth that has a Gendrome with it. I"ve tried everything such as attacking it with the Lion Saber, True Devil Slicer and great crossbow light bowgun. Even last night I had to wear the regular Death Stench armor to slice through the neck and body a ltitle easier which I was doing okay but the damn green plesioth's fin never went down or anything.

What is THE best weapon to use to deal with the greeen plesioth? Would the Full Voltage gunlance be any good to deal with both the gendrome and green plesioth?

also I had some shock traps and they did pretty good to contain the green plesioth.

I just want to kill that damn thing since that quest is one of the few quests that unlock the 2 Tigrex Urgent
Back to top Go down
monster_hawk_pimp_mi
Kelbi
monster_hawk_pimp_mi

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please   The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 3:16 pm

would it help if i said they're week to thunder, and fire??
and when hes weak his back fin folds down!!
Back to top Go down
RobertMuldoon
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please   The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Yes I know that mr know it all.

I had the True Devil Slicer which I used just last night on that HR5 Green Plesioth but it didnt do much since the fin didnt go down. I got bored with dodging out of the way everytime it did its hip attack. at 32 minutes I quit that damn quest since it got frustrating.

Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please   The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 6:17 pm

true devil slicer is the only thing i can beat any plessy with. just gotta keep in front and class. take a few whacks on its head when it does its water beam then run away

best idea is to be patient!
Back to top Go down
Lief
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please   The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:44 pm

I'll highly suggest killing the Gendrome if he's near you so he doesn't interupt you while you're concentrating on the Plesioth. Staying away from the Plessy then waiting for him to do his water beam is usually a good strategy. Aim for his face or legs whichever you can get closer too. Devil Slicer is bout the best thing to go after him with. Traps and bombs of course will help majorly.
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please   The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:07 pm

bombing it while its trapped is super effective (lol...), since you wont miss. if you have traps left over after bombs are gone (dont use one for just small bombs), trap it and go for its weak belly
Back to top Go down
RobertMuldoon
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please   The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 1:19 am

Well earlier today I tried this light bowgun strategy that didnt go too well.

I created that 2nd updated Umbrella light bowgun that has Rapid Fire of Thunder. So I had to bring some backup ammo like Normal infinite, pellet, crag and tranq ammo which was a bad idea LOL.

I did manage to break the fin by using Thunder and I was doing fine but then ran out of ammo except for the Infinite Normal bowgun ammo. Pretty much the whole quest was of me running around chasing after the Green Plesioth and sonic bombing it out of the water and tried my best by shooting at it with the Normal Infinite ammo. Then time ran out LOL.

Why can't there be a light bowgun with Rapid Fire of both Fire and Thunder instead of something like Rapid Fire of Normal and one element?

I did manage to kill a 3 star Village Elder green plesioth by making the Full Voltage so I dunno...

Maybe i'll try the Full Voltage on the HR5 Green Plesioth and see how it goes LOL

How much does the HR5 Green Plesioth have anyway?
Back to top Go down
buggin
Jaggi
buggin

Thank you Points : 9

PostSubject: Re: The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please   The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:00 pm

It is also really weak to poison. I use the poison dagger (name?) from the rathian line I think. You can block the hip checks with the shield.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please   The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:11 pm

RobertMuldoon wrote:
Well earlier today I tried this light bowgun strategy that didnt go too well.

I created that 2nd updated Umbrella light bowgun that has Rapid Fire of Thunder. So I had to bring some backup ammo like Normal infinite, pellet, crag and tranq ammo which was a bad idea LOL.

I did manage to break the fin by using Thunder and I was doing fine but then ran out of ammo except for the Infinite Normal bowgun ammo. Pretty much the whole quest was of me running around chasing after the Green Plesioth and sonic bombing it out of the water and tried my best by shooting at it with the Normal Infinite ammo. Then time ran out LOL.

Why can't there be a light bowgun with Rapid Fire of both Fire and Thunder instead of something like Rapid Fire of Normal and one element?

I did manage to kill a 3 star Village Elder green plesioth by making the Full Voltage so I dunno...

Maybe i'll try the Full Voltage on the HR5 Green Plesioth and see how it goes LOL

How much does the HR5 Green Plesioth have anyway?
there is a lbg that rapid fires thunder and flaming S called absolute bow. It even rapid fires water, freeze and pierce level 1.

I'm guessing you didnt' bring mats to make more ammo either that or you weren't aiming at hitzones since thunder S is pierce style shot which means hitting it from the side won't do crap. I would suggest stop aiming for the fin and just focusing on the stomach. Other than that learn to moi and plessy becomes a joke/
Back to top Go down
buggin
Jaggi
buggin

Thank you Points : 9

PostSubject: Re: The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please   The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:25 pm

haruno wrote:

there is a lbg that rapid fires thunder and flaming S called absolute bow.

Isn't that an end game weapon? It doesn't sound like he's far enough to be making that.

Hitting the belly will break the fin on it's back. I like to bring bounce bombs with me too.
Back to top Go down
RobertMuldoon
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please   The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:49 pm

Uh I did have some backup ammo material to make more Thunder ammo and that was about it. Just didnt have room for anything else. I was stocked up on potions, farcaster materials and shock traps.

All day today though I've been killing some old Village Elder plesioths by using the full voltage to practice on and then i made the Golden Dragonwood gunlance and end up paralyzing a village elder plesioth only once and used a barrel bomb with small barrel bomb + and then concentrated on gunlancing the plesioth's belly and killed it.

Just wish that it would be easy like that for the HR5 Green Plesioth which is a pain due to the Gendrome that keeps popping up at the worst time when I'm trying to concentrate on that damn HR5 Green Plessy
Back to top Go down
niceguy
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please   The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:32 am

For starters, I'd recommend to kill that Gendrome first. Surely you can do that, and that way he won't be popping up once you start hacking/shooting that Plesioth.

As for weapons, I'm no expert and all I can use is a GS. If I remember correctly, King Thundersword was the one that I used (I dunno, Khezu Shockblade may be more effective). Hit and run, slash that belly and dodge. Dodge the hip check if you can, block otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please   The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The HR5 Green Plesioth with Gendrome. I need some help please
Page 1 of 1