Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MHFU Guide Application

Go down 
+11
Silver
Chipou
Yamatsu
DannyLee94
wellywinardy
Phazon Xenomorph
Deridor
Tomderdepp
BoredForLife
blackice
Silverneo188
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Not sure how useful this will be for everyone (as in everyone plays MHTri) but I am making it anyways!

I am currently in development of a application that will display information about creatures, weapons, and quests. Possibly an item Database. It is being developed in C# It is actually being developed in Visual Basic now due to ease. I will release a beta when I complete the monster section for anyone interested :3

I am developing it as an alternative source to the MHwikia website. So people can easily access monster info without an internet connection

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Pics
Spoiler:

Features

• Monster Database - List of All Monsters and their weakness (Current)
  • Monster Viewer - Low/High/G Rank carves and Rates (Current)
  • Monster Viewer - Picture of Monster (Temp. Removed)
  • Monster Viewer - Monster Bio (Current)
  • Monster Viewer - Monster's Average HP (Possible)
  • Item Combo Viewer - Required Items / Rate (Planned)
  • Item Combo Viewer - Where Required Items Can Be Found (Planned)
  • Armor Set Generator (Planned) : Suggested by Tomderdepp

Downloads
Alpha 0.1 - Download
Alpha 0.2 - Download

Wanna Help

Submit data with this template and post here on this topic if you are gonna code a creature, that way no one else does the same creature

Code is in the language VB/.NET
Code:

Public Class #MonsterName
    Public picString As String = "#MonsterName"

'Carve Names - Like Rathalos ruby, Kut-ku scale, etc...
    Public lowCarves() As String = {"Low Rank Carve 1", "Low Rank Carve 2", "Low Rank Carve 3", "Etc..."}
    Public highCarves() As String = {"High Rank Carve 1", "High Rank Carve 2", "High Rank Carve 3", "Etc..."}
    Public GCarves() As String = {"G Rank Carve 1", "G Rank Carve 2", "G Rank Carve 3", "Etc..."}

'Body Part - Like body carve, tail carve etc...
    Public lowPart() As String = {"Low Rank Carve 1 Carve Area", "Low Rank Carve 2 Carve Area", "Low Rank Carve 3 Carve Area", "Etc..."}
    Public highPart() As String = {"High Rank Carve 1 Carve Area", "High Rank Carve 2 Carve Area", "High Rank Carve 3 Carve Area", "Etc..."}
    Public GPart() As String = {"Low Rank Carve 1 Carve Area", "Low Rank Carve 2 Carve Area", "Low Rank Carve 3 Carve Area", "Etc..."}

'Rates - the percentage of getting the carve, make sure the order of the numbers matches the corresponding carve in the array
    Public lowRates() As Integer = {37, 34, 18, 8, 3, 55, 45} 'so the first number would be low rank carve 1's chance and so on
    Public highRates() As Integer = {33, 25, 15, 12, 7, 5, 3, 40, 40, 20}
    Public GRates() As Integer = {33, 25, 15, 12, 7, 5, 40, 40, 20}

'General Monster Info
    Public mInfo As String = "#MonsterName's description, I generally use the description given by MH Wiki"
End Class

Try to get as accurate data as possible replace any term with a # sign in front of it with the appropriate data, Here is a list of current monsters needing data.
Spoiler:

Wanna code a little better? Well nothing can replace experiance in code but you can use Notepad++ to help with the syntax, if you use NP++ be sure to set the language to VB
Updates
(11/20/2012)
Released Alpha 0.2! Which has an updater for when I update the monster database that way I don't have to re-release the program, Enjoy Yes by vort

(11/18/2012)
Added a way for people to contribute data to the project and yes your name will go in the program ;)

(8/14/2012)
Added a download link to the alpha build Yes by vort enjoy

(3/26/2012)
I have been in a long hiatus due to programming complications and schooling. So I am back to working on it and will hopefully have a beta soon

(2/27/2012)
:chag:
This is the result of 6 straight hours of programming
Spoiler:

Last edited by Silverneo188 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:26 am; edited 33 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
DannyLee94
Felyne
DannyLee94

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:06 pm

Silverneo188 wrote:
Tomderdepp wrote:
for the weapon trees:
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHF2/MHFU:_Sword_and_Shield/Dual_Sword_Weapon_Tree

back to topic:
are you planning to build in an armor set generator? that would be really great because I wouldn't need to work with 3 different programms/websides and the game to make a new armor set

I know this is from a while ago but that's not a bad idea. Have you select the armor pieces and gems then have it keep a tally of all your stats automatically and also tell you the definitions of the skills. goin in :P

If you think you can do it, in my opinion that will be the number 1 best feature of the application. How far are you going to take this? for example, will we be able to select a few skills that we want implemented and then the armour set generator will pick out the best matches in armour, plus the gems needed to activate the skills?

Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:55 pm

DannyLee94 wrote:
Silverneo188 wrote:
Tomderdepp wrote:
for the weapon trees:
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHF2/MHFU:_Sword_and_Shield/Dual_Sword_Weapon_Tree

back to topic:
are you planning to build in an armor set generator? that would be really great because I wouldn't need to work with 3 different programms/websides and the game to make a new armor set

I know this is from a while ago but that's not a bad idea. Have you select the armor pieces and gems then have it keep a tally of all your stats automatically and also tell you the definitions of the skills. goin in :P

If you think you can do it, in my opinion that will be the number 1 best feature of the application. How far are you going to take this? for example, will we be able to select a few skills that we want implemented and then the armour set generator will pick out the best matches in armour, plus the gems needed to activate the skills?

The selecting of the armor pieces manually and it keeps tally of all the skills will be the first, the whole selecting a set of skills then It chooses an armor for you will probably be a later release
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:55 pm

Silverneo188 wrote:
Tomderdepp wrote:
for the weapon trees:

back to topic:

yyyeeeeeeeeessssssssss i neeeeedddddd this cause athenas ass lied to meh /versad/

danny its like this except for unite instead of tri
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:42 pm

First things first, I gotta finish the monster database first then I can work on extra program features like the armor simulator
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Hmm... if you had an actual program to study, could you devise a way to code it yourself?

There is an amazing armor simulator called Athena's armor set simulator. It lets you search for armor combinations by skills rather than throwing together armor to see what works.

It also shows gems needed and allows you to sort by defense, difficulty (idk... difficulty to obtain?), slots spare, rarity, and all the resistances, as well as settings for your current level in the game in both guild and village.

Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:12 pm

I could probably analyze one and figure it out but that's the thing, Isn't Athena's a web based armor simulator? Coding capabilities may differ with VB.NET(What I am currently programming it in)
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Deridor wrote:
There is an amazing armor simulator called Athena's armor set simulator.
dont ever say that again. it gave me a set and 4 hours and alot of materials later the set doesnt even work.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:57 pm

blackice wrote:
Deridor wrote:
There is an amazing armor simulator called Athena's armor set simulator.
dont ever say that again. it gave me a set and 4 hours and alot of materials later the set doesnt even work.
Funny enough it worked perfectly every time for me...
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:26 pm

I also never had a problem with AASS. maybe you missunderstood it.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:49 pm

nope it said somehow this is possible:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:45 am

lolz...
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:27 am

blackice wrote:
nope it said somehow this is possible:

Spoiler:

no wonder. you searched for a ranged skill on blademaster armor.
but if you but both auto reload gems on the mail it should work. so if you find a gunner plate with 2 elementatk skill points it should work.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:31 pm

umm i did 0.0 idk how to change it.... and the conga s mail is pointless cause it doesnt have autorelod or element up points...

EDIT okay so it is my fault just figured out how to switch it to gunner armour. damnit xD
Back to top Go down
DannyLee94
Felyne
DannyLee94

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:25 pm

blackice wrote:
EDIT okay so it is my fault just figured out how to switch it to gunner armour. damnit xD

Power of Awkwardness... Activate! Sorry couldn't resist. This is a new discovery for me though and I'm sure it'll tide me over until vers. 1.0 of the OP's app is released. /yes/
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:26 pm

lol i feel stupuid
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:39 am

very close to beta 0.1 being released. But I just went through a breakup and im not much in the programmin' mood right now -.-

I guess I could try to program to take my mind off of things
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:41 am

Silverneo188 wrote:
very close to beta 0.1 being released. But I just went through a breakup and im not much in the programmin' mood right now -.-

I guess I could try to program to take my mind off of things
im sorry to hear about that :0 just take a break if youre not in the mood we can all wait
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:11 am

thanks Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 3:42 pm

your welcome lol
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:49 pm

well I'm feeling much better today Yes by vort and I am planning to release Beta 0.1 on my 777th post so it will be soone ;]
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:50 pm

yay lol :D glad your feeling better Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:19 pm

thank you =]

(Aside from the program) I want a special way to thank you guys, not just blackice, but everyone here at MHWIKI forums =) everyone for their support and encouragement. There will be a special button on the program that will show my appreciation to everyone on the forums. I hope you guys will enjoy it =)
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:45 pm

ooooo a button huh. heh me gusta x)
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:55 pm

you'll see ;]
Back to top Go down
Chipou
Kecha Wacha
Chipou

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 10:52 pm

*is incredibly late to the party* This looks pretty neat. Itll include the monsters elemental weaknesses right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MHFU Guide Application   MHFU Guide Application - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MHFU Guide Application
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next