Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm stuck!!! Please help me.

Go down 
+8
Locrin
Tomderdepp
quidam
Phazon Xenomorph
blackice
haruno
Deridor
Rocka210
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rocka210
Kelbi
Rocka210

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Empty
PostSubject: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:51 pm

Hello,

My name is Rocka and I own Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and currently have a little over 223 hours on it. I have currently done all Elder Quests and almost completed all Nekoht's Quests (I'm on the 9 star quests). I'm Stuck on the 2 Tigrex Urgent Quest (HR. 5). I have full Nargacuga armour almost fully upgraded and I use the Hidden Blaze great sword.

My question is, is there an armour I should go for or weapon so I can beat the Tigrex??? I've been stuck with this armour, weapon, and quest since about 200 hours. /sad/
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:17 pm

What problems are you having with the quest? do you keep dying or are you not killing them fast enough? you have possibly the best greatsword for fighting tigrex at your level, and the armor isn't too bad either.

P.S. You must have fought a LOT of narga...
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Caenataur S armor gemmed for Sharp+1, AuL. Narga gs is the best raw gs you have access to atm. Purple sharp gs will rape them tiggys. Gl have fun
Back to top Go down
Rocka210
Kelbi
Rocka210

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 12:28 am

Deridor wrote:
What problems are you having with the quest? do you keep dying or are you not killing them fast enough? you have possibly the best greatsword for fighting tigrex at your level, and the armor isn't too bad either.

P.S. You must have fought a LOT of narga...

I die. Also, I've killed 14 Nargas Lol /yes/

haruno wrote:
Caenataur S armor gemmed for Sharp+1, AuL. Narga gs is the best raw gs you have access to atm. Purple sharp gs will rape them tiggys. Gl have fun

So from what I hear, I'm best equipped at the moment...

*EDIT*
I'm going to try to make my Hidden Blaze purple sharpness and see how that goes~
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 1:19 am

Purple sharpness increases your attack power (1.5x i believe, whereas white sharpness only 1.2x).

If you have trouble even with the purple sharpness, I'd suggest trying out a different weapon such as longsword. The gs is hard to use against such a fast and powerful creature, though that may just be me.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 1:38 am

Deridor wrote:
Purple sharpness increases your attack power (1.5x i believe, whereas white sharpness only 1.2x).

If you have trouble even with the purple sharpness, I'd suggest trying out a different weapon such as longsword. The gs is hard to use against such a fast and powerful creature, though that may just be me.
im sorry deridor but gs rapes tigerex hardcore

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td6jFS9feJ4&feature=player_embedded
dis^
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 2:07 am

GS rapes anything... the problem is unless you are awesome with it, it's very easy to get killed while using it due to how slow it is. all that power means nothing if you can't use it Rage by sipax
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 2:10 am

but i cant use it and i still rape tigrex... sometimes....in village quests.....damnit *pulls out a gun*
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 2:24 am

Deridor wrote:

why the hell would you suggest using a longsword instead of a greatsword on tiggy................
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 2:55 am

haruno wrote:
Deridor wrote:

why the hell would you suggest using a longsword instead of a greatsword on tiggy................

Greatsword is not the end-all of weapons Haruno. LS is perfectly acceptable, as is hammer or any other weapon.
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:38 am

I agree with nova, i was simply suggesting LS because you can dodge more easily than GS and therefore survive better.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:45 am

Nova wrote:
haruno wrote:
Deridor wrote:

Greatsword is not the end-all of weapons Haruno. LS is perfectly acceptable, as is hammer or any other weapon.
if someone has problems with tigrex you suggest greatsworsd simply because it's the best weapon for the job because of one fact. It's the one weapon that can get a guaranteed stagger in one hit unlike ls. Unless you're lawl flash spamming.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:59 am

haruno wrote:
Nova wrote:
haruno wrote:
Deridor wrote:

if someone has problems with tigrex you suggest greatsworsd simply because it's the best weapon for the job because of one fact. It's the one weapon that can get a guaranteed stagger in one hit unlike ls. Unless you're lawl flash spamming.

Staggering a monster isn't always guaranteed unless you have a high raw weapon that can do it...you can also use a hammer to KO Tiggy or a LS to spam him with spirit combos while he is turning after one of his more dramatic attacks.

There are multiple ways to do things in Monster hunter, I Personally find hammer to be my preferred Tiggy weapon.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:49 am

white sharpness is 1.32 anyway, 1.2 is blue. the difference between white and purple is not as dramatic as people make it seem.

i find hammer to work the best for me with tigrex too but that might have to do with me facing tiggy not on mhfu but mhfo where the increased health makes GS staggers much harder, besides if someone have troubles with just about any monster it means they can't figure out the right timings (otherwise they wouldn't be in trouble right?)... good luck with charging if you can't even kill a monster "normally".

also you could always try a gun, tigrex attacks are quite easy to get out of with a gun.
Back to top Go down
Rocka210
Kelbi
Rocka210

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:23 am

Okay, Just saying... I don't use longsword. I got nothing wrong with it, I just prefer the Great Sword.

I have three razor gems on my armour and I'm currently getting more. Hope it works~ /scar/
Back to top Go down
Rocka210
Kelbi
Rocka210

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:42 am

Okay, I finally jemmed up my armour with ten razor jems and it took all my slots, but my Hidden Blaze didn't get a purple sharpness... /versad/
I used all ten slots too. What should I do?
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:07 am

Try the quest again and again till u kill them both. practice is the best way to get really good at that game.

else I can only give you the same advice as you got before: watch the guide blackice posted.
for weapons: nargaGS is one of the best at that rank. else take the khezu-one.
Back to top Go down
Locrin
Aptonoth
Locrin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Spoiler:
Artisan jewels are the ones you want if you wish to increase your sharpness.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:06 am

yaaahhhh^........ well that kinda sucks decorations on unite take alot of materials....
Back to top Go down
Rocka210
Kelbi
Rocka210

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:25 am

Ahhh...crap...
I didn't realize that artisan was the visible sharpness /no/
Now I need to get a lot of monoblos hearts... Is that a high level monoblos?
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Nope Yes by vort problem is, it's a very rare item. I think you have better chances on a high rank monoblos though, which is only available from nekoht.

If you'd rather make a new armor than hunt nasty old monoblos forever, ceanataur s is an amazing set that happens to have sharpness+1 (the artisan skill effect) naturally. It's also easy to gem in attack up medium along with gemming out the defense-20

I'm still using the set and I'm at hr8 haha. with a 2 slot weapon (for attack gems), my skills are attack up large and sharpness+1, both incredible skills for high rank (though a better set for g-rank would be at least reckless abandon+3 and sharpness+1... I'm just too lazy to farm for conga z...)
Back to top Go down
lvl1hero
Kelbi
lvl1hero

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:07 am

I believe you're trouble is simply just taking out the Tigrex, and not you needing help on your equipments. If you're only prefer the great sword against it, then all i can say is play it safe. Get 1-2 attacks in at most and get out of the way. I wont go all pro-ego on you and say charge-slash-his-head-to-make-him-stagger-and-repeat cuz that sh**ts not that easy. Just play it safe, bring lots of flashes and sh**t f*** what pros say, traps or whatever makes it easier on you.

You should win. Two or more monsters in a quest means their HP is lower than normal. Just dont fight both Tigrex in one map. Good luck Narga Hunter.
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:12 am

I've found that flashes are more of a bother than they're worth on tiggy... he rarely does his little hit me animation like other monsters and instead continues attacking, but with less predictability.
Back to top Go down
DannyLee94
Felyne
DannyLee94

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Rocka210 wrote:
Okay, I finally jemmed up my armour with ten razor jems and it took all my slots, but my Hidden Blaze didn't get a purple sharpness... /versad/
I used all ten slots too. What should I do?

If you have adhoc party and need help, I'd be more than happy to help you on your quest as ive done the village and guild 'duel tiggies'. If you dont have it, it's not that hard to set up if you have a PS3. If you can get online, I've also got a fair amount of high rank tiggy materials (if that's what you're after) that I can give you if you wish.

EDIT: Post Obv made before I found out you can't give items above rarity-3 :P

Last edited by DannyLee94 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rocka210
Kelbi
Rocka210

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:01 am

Hey guys,
Quick Q! Should I wait for my brother to get up to my rank? He's only 1 HR behind me, but he's nowhere near me in Village quests. So, he uses Tigrex armour and an extremely weak weapon. Will he help at all or will it just slow me down?
Rocka
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm stuck!!! Please help me.   I'm stuck!!!  Please help me. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm stuck!!! Please help me.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next