Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread

Go down 
+19
Snagglux
Silverwind
Kanade
Yamatsu
Lucas
Ataraxia
Lagiacrus the ultimate
ShadowCeadeusDM324
It's meh
bentetris
Flamingo
1bighiccup
Riken
dcj91x
siegfriedtse
quidam
Win32error
Chips
Roon
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:30 am

Instead of clogging up the forum with threads asking questions I decided what would be good is to create an all purpose Question thread where we can ask questions of varying topics.

Anyways, to those that have Tri G (Which I am going to get as soon as my IRS refund has been deposited in my account.) I was just wondering if they've "nerfed" the monsters hit points like with Portable 3rd so it can more easily be soloed? I'm just a bit intimidated by the game in that I'm not very good at soloing monsters, especially those I am unfamiliar with or subspecies.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:39 am

Roon wrote:
I was just wondering if they've "nerfed" the monsters hit points like with Portable 3rd so it can more easily be soloed? I'm just a bit intimidated by the game in that I'm not very good at soloing monsters, especially those I am unfamiliar with or subspecies.

Tri G is going to be a lot more harder than 3rd. It's going to be much harder than Tri... since it has G rank.

G Rank is... pretty much self-explanatory

Not sure about monster movements and hitboxes, but be assured it won't be so simple.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:56 am

Iunno, it having a G rank doesn't have to mean anything. Remember, it's for the 3DS, which is sort of a "kiddie" console. Yes, that is not entirely correct, but we all know which route nin10d'oh has taken, with both good and bad results. So i predict that everything aside from G rank will be quite easy, but G rank solo will be a fair challenge for those used to tri. At least quite a bit harder than tri high rank with 4 people.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:12 am

Win32error wrote:
Iunno, it having a G rank doesn't have to mean anything. Remember, it's for the 3DS, which is sort of a "kiddie" console. Yes, that is not entirely correct, but we all know which route nin10d'oh has taken, with both good and bad results. So i predict that everything aside from G rank will be quite easy, but G rank solo will be a fair challenge for those used to tri. At least quite a bit harder than tri high rank with 4 people.

Tri G has no online gameplay, it's pretty much Solo only if you're playing at US. Which Roon is... and console doesnt really have much to do with the difficulty of the game, the game itself is. In which Japan, a 3DS is an everybody console =P and Tri G is a Japanese game... so with your logic, that would make Tri G aimed for older people, and not "kiddie" people.

So yeaaa there's that <.<

also the fact that... 3rd was in PSP which is "an adult" aimed portable... yet it was made easier than Tri.

D:
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:19 pm

I have Portable 3rd of course, and soloing High rank in the Guild Hall is pretty hard if you don't have very good weapons at all, which was the case for me. I couldn't even get past the Royal Ludroth subspecies with my highest upgraded fire element Bug bow.

From what I understand about Tri G is that you can only play with other people if they have a copy of the game and another 3DS so long as their in the same room with you so you can connect your consoles with each other by infrared connection, not a 3rd party connection as with Ad Hoc.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:25 pm

if you were to solo tri high rank coming from low rank (so no highrank equip) it would be a fair challenge considering the hitpoints are tuned for a 4 hunter party. of course you can solo everything easily with endgame gear, but first you have to get that...

plus i'm pretty sure there's still people out there with issues soloing alatreon/deviljho.
Back to top Go down
siegfriedtse
Kelbi
siegfriedtse

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:35 pm

Well, MH3G is somehow between MH3 and MHP3. Solo is totally doable. I'm at HR43 right now, solo all the way...... orz
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:35 pm

Not infrared. It still uses the 3DS wireless conection just not over the internet. If it used infrared you would have to point the systems right at each other and not move them. That would just be dumb and the fact you could only do that with one person at a time.

And correct me if I am wrong but on any game don't they need a copy of the system and game? (though some 3DS games do have single card accesability)

So I will address your last part. It is a "Local Multiplayer game" meaning no online. Just because you have to have others in the same area to play multiplayer does not mean the difficulty is lessened, it just means playing solo is a real *****.

Can't really complain about it not having online though when the market it was intended for might not need it. That's about like making a game about Antartica and complaining about why it does not talk about polar bears.

Point being though, Lack of online and the ability to have assistance at any time in G-Rank does not mean the game has been adjusted to make it easier for Solo play. It still has the Low and High ranks that P3rd have with a lot of improvements to include monster attacks and movements and many other things.

But you do know, we do have members that have boths games and can give you a beter comparison. In fact if you read the other threads. They already have talked about the difficulty in some parts but maybe they can go into more detail and comparison here.

siegfriedtse wrote:
Well, MH3G is somehow between MH3 and MHP3. Solo is totally doable. I'm at HR43 right now, solo all the way...... orz

Also remember that the increase in weapon ability and streangth has a lot to do with it. Yoshi weapons from what I hear is overpowered quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Riken
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:38 am

As far as I can tell, the game is more inbetween Tri and Portable 3rd's level of difficulty for low and high rank. G rank is obviously hard, but I can't tell how it compares to Freedom Unite's G rank since I haven't done anything in FU's G rank yet. As far as monsters are concerned there isn't many obvious differences outside of Alatreon afaik, who seems to have an immunity to flash bombs while in flight mode now.

I also have a question of my own: I have this issue with accessing the game's event quests download menu, and I'm wondering if anyone else has or had that issue and how they fixed it if they did. Whenever I try to access it, after fiddling around with the wireless settings about a dozen times, I always get the error 003-1099. Is it possibly router related? Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this, I just want to get the event quests really badly and it pains me that I can't get them right now.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:28 am

^ Actually Deviljho has some new moves (360 Bite Spin), as well as a special G rank Version called "Hungry Deviljho" which, who knows what it can do o.o.
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

Thank you Points : 79

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:13 am

Chips wrote:
^ Actually Deviljho has some new moves (360 Bite Spin), as well as a special G rank Version called "Hungry Deviljho" which, who knows what it can do o.o.

I'm going with always inflicting dragonblight with his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Riken
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:28 pm

Chips wrote:

Actually that move was added in Portable 3rd. Hungry Deviljho isn't much different than normal Deviljho outside some hitzone differences (I was bouncing off some parts of it at white sharpness the one time I fought it) and being able to chain one of his bite attacks into a surprise turnaround dragon breath. He also doesn't chain his sweeping bite charge move into a stomp like the normal G Rank Deviljho does.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Kelbi
Flamingo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 7:03 am

Plus, I'm sure solo's a lot more doable with that second Shakalaka.

So here's my question. Are there any different/better character customization options than in Tri? Cuz there's nothing more satisfying than taking down a monster with a unique hunter, but Tri had about two usable face options.
Back to top Go down
bentetris
Kelbi
bentetris

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:41 pm

I asked this in another thread but nobody answered...are there capture quests in 3 G? It was my understanding that they were abolished in P3, and I hope that stays true.
Back to top Go down
Riken
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Flamingo wrote:
So here's my question. Are there any different/better character customization options than in Tri? Cuz there's nothing more satisfying than taking down a monster with a unique hunter, but Tri had about two usable face options.
Nope, same as Tri/Portable 3rd sadly.

bentetris wrote:
I asked this in another thread but nobody answered...are there capture quests in 3 G? It was my understanding that they were abolished in P3, and I hope that stays true.
Yeah they're back but only in low rank village, high rank village and guild quests don't have any of them. But only one of them is a key quest anyway.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Riken wrote:
Flamingo wrote:
Nope, same as Tri/Portable 3rd sadly.

It's perfectly awesome to create a good unique hunter just to hide him/her inside a large suit of armor.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:54 pm

With difficulty
At the end will it be between Tri an P3rd?
G quest
Hope they arent as Freedom Unite
Capture quests
It will be a whole game of only hunting?
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos
Lagiacrus the ultimate

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:00 am

ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
With difficulty
At the end will it be between Tri an P3rd?
G quest
Hope they arent as Freedom Unite
Capture quests
It will be a whole game of only hunting?
I'm sorry what? I'll answer these as best I can:

I doubt it, considering the G Rank

You know that G Rank means "Harder than High Rank" right?

Before Tri, the games never specified capture quests. It was hunt OR capture, and still is.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Are you kidding? Having no capture quests is a great thing; no more accidental killing and quest failing after half an hour...
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:24 pm

They shuld make Kill only quests ( for non elder dragons) instead u.u
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:

I havent play it yet... but they say that FU G rank quests were insanely hard with a monster able to kill you with 2 hits... or thats what they say
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:55 pm

ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:

I havent play it yet... but they say that FU G rank quests were insanely hard with a monster able to kill you with 2 hits... or thats what they say
That's true, most monsters had some attack that could one shot you with G rank defense, or almost one shot you. And most attacks could kill you in 2 hits. Wasn't proper difficulty IMO, just plain cheap, and I hope that's not the case in Tri G.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
Kelbi
Flamingo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:07 am

How many character/profile slots are there?

Do the subspecies get their own armors? If so, do the original monsters still have their own separate high rank armor? Speaking of armors, is the Ludroth armor any different from Tri?

And is Ceadeus still single-player only? Or can you bring friends this time?
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Flamingo wrote:
How many character/profile slots are there?

And is Ceadeus still single-player only? Or can you bring friends this time?
This what I'd like to know as well.
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:30 pm

I guess my biggest problem is that I do fair soloing Quests but with not very good equipment I always fail due to timing out. With there being G rank and monsters like Jhen that require a full team to take down I won't get very far in the game which I find dismaying. Hopefully they'll make a Wii/Wii U version of this game with an online server that can be playable with the 3DS version, similar to Portable 3rd/HD on the PSP and PS3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread   Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Tri G Question Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next