Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Tribes: Ascend Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Tribes: Ascend Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tribes: Ascend

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Tribes: Ascend Empty
PostTribes: Ascend

Any of you heard of this game yet? It's a futuristic-styled class based first person shooter, with huge maps and a high speed action focus. Extremely fun game, IMO.
Right now it's being beta tested but will be free when it's released soon.
You can get a beta key by liking the Tribes: Ascend facebook page. There are also other ways but I'm not entirely sure of them yet.
The developers, Hi-Rez Studios are actually beta testing it, making changes as they see fit in different patches, adding new content, etc. The best part about signing up for the beta is that all your data will be carried over, such as ranks, weapon unlocks and more.

Here's a video of it explaining more and what has been changed recently:

Let's try to raise its popularity here, since it's a game I think a lot of people would enjoy, with it being an extremely nice break from the norm of FPS.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Tribes: Ascend :: Comments

Chai
Re: Tribes: Ascend
Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:43 am by Chai
Looks like you're enjoying it so far :P. Haven't played too much of it yet, but it's been a nice change of pace from the other FPS games of late.
Yamatsu
Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:43 pm by Yamatsu
Chai wrote:
Looks like you're enjoying it so far :P. Haven't played too much of it yet, but it's been a nice change of pace from the other FPS games of late.
For some reason I had a feeling you'd reply to this. xD
And yeah, I am indeed enjoying it. Class customization's fairly neat but I haven't unlocked any really big things yet.
Evilpwner
Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:11 pm by Evilpwner
Bump because this game is really amazing. Add me as Rabidtangerine if you like, though we're in different regions so the connection wouldn't be the greatest.

Also, it's in open beta now, anybody can download it here! <- clicky
Oni Zelkami
Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:56 pm by Oni Zelkami
A friend of mine convinced me to try this out. I found it average at best. The character design is nauseatingly generic. We've seen this same kind of Space Marine crap before. From a gameplay standpoint, I think it falls. I hated the jetpacks. They keep going for like 2 seconds, after you take your finger off the button. So it's really easy to overshoot your target. Which is a big problem if you're playing on a stage with kill pits in them. People use the jet pack way too much. Unless you're skirmishing inside, the person you're shooting at will just fly away faster than you can move your sights to look at them. If you could hit them anyway. Even while I was trying to take out a guy who I saw camping, it took me a couple shots before I actually got him. So trying to hit a moving target is almost impossible. It's still in beta, so I'll give it another chance if there's a major patch,
Yamatsu
Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:19 pm by Yamatsu
Shin Zelkami wrote:
A friend of mine convinced me to try this out. I found it average at best. The character design is nauseatingly generic. We've seen this same kind of Space Marine crap before. From a gameplay standpoint, I think it falls. I hated the jetpacks. They keep going for like 2 seconds, after you take your finger off the button. So it's really easy to overshoot your target. Which is a big problem if you're playing on a stage with kill pits in them. People use the jet pack way too much. Unless you're skirmishing inside, the person you're shooting at will just fly away faster than you can move your sights to look at them. If you could hit them anyway. Even while I was trying to take out a guy who I saw camping, it took me a couple shots before I actually got him. So trying to hit a moving target is almost impossible. It's still in beta, so I'll give it another chance if there's a major patch,
Ah, you just have to get used to it. It's not exactly the most easy to pick up and play game, but once you learn how to ski, get used to the aiming and get some practice it's really fun. By the way, I hope you were skiing. Use your jetpack to go up slopes and land on the downwards slope. Start off with Capture the Flag, because, well, Tribes is basically CTF. TDM makes use of a flag and with more points to the team who has it, getting it is a priority.
Remember, this game is all about going fast at over 140 sanics and flag capping while avoiding a million bullets, shooting down missiles attempting to target you and spinfusor boosting to get more sanics so you can go faster, shazbot.

Also, damn I want the Jakal and throwing knives for infiltrator but Hi-Rez won't take mah money. ;_;
Roik
Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:50 pm by Roik
Yamatsu wrote:
Shin Zelkami wrote:
Ah, you just have to get used to it. It's not exactly the most easy to pick up and play game, but once you learn how to ski, get used to the aiming and get some practice it's really fun.
Here, I made an illustration to go with it.

Tribes: Ascend Rh34wi

It even fits with the forum theme.
Ataraxia
Post Mon May 14, 2012 7:16 pm by Ataraxia
Bump just to say HEY I PLAY THIS GAME! Didn't even see the thread... D: Username is Ataraxia352, haven't been on in a while but dat Doombringer is OP y'all.
Yamatsu
Post Mon May 14, 2012 7:42 pm by Yamatsu
Ataraxia wrote:
Bump just to say HEY I PLAY THIS GAME! Didn't even see the thread... D: Username is Ataraxia352, haven't been on in a while but dat Doombringer is OP y'all.
+1, all DMBs fatting up the stand with super heavy, mines and machine gun can go die. Saving up now for Soldier Spinfusor and Eagle Pistol. If I have enough XP after all that Ima go ahead and try to get reach too, iirc it is a primary perk so I wont have to give up egocentric on pathfinder.
Post  by Sponsored content

Tribes: Ascend

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Things we do when not hunting :: Passing the time when not on MH :: Non-MH Games and Gaming-
Jump to: