Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Gunning N00b Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Gunning N00b Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gunning N00b

Go down 
+12
Quentin
Kholdstare
RG
Chips
Maika
kama
Bimasena009
blackice
Ultimate Jaggi
Vivi
Leonhardt
Axel3
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Axel3
Tigrex
Axel3

Thank you Points : 7

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:21 pm

I'm trying to start gunning,
I already have rathling+ stock,
I'm thinking of using Vulcannon,
And devils grin in the middle.

Also what armor should I use?

And for Vulcannon it says I need Hunter King Coins, how do I get them?
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga
Leonhardt

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:31 pm

You need to do the arena HR31+ for hunter king coins.
I would suggest you use an armor with load up (assuming you dont have a barrage earring), lagi or lagi+ armor, blos or blos+ armor with evade +1, or an armor with bonus shot, depending on what gun you use.
Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex
Axel3

3DS friends code:

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:46 pm

I've seen many people with uragaan armor, should I use that?
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 12:58 pm

Urugaan+ is a great gunner set if you plan on using high recoil bullets like status shots.
There are many types of gunner though...Piercers,clusters,elemantal,status,support.
Each with their own sets of skills and guns. So it depends on what type you want to go for really.
Which type are you thinking of?
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
Axel3
Tigrex
Axel3

3DS friends code:

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:09 pm

Sapphire wrote:
Urugaan+ is a great gunner set if you plan on using high recoil bullets like status shots.
There are many types of gunner though...Piercers,clusters,elemantal,status,support.
Each with their own sets of skills and guns. So it depends on what type you want to go for really.

Remember I said I was a n00b.
Which do you think I should use?
Also I might do clusting for ala, since many people do that.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:26 pm

Axel3 wrote:
Sapphire wrote:

Depend on personal choice.
The main damage dealers are piercers with their Blos+ armour for the pierce S all up and pierce S boost. As pierce ammo uses pierce damage type, which most monsters are weak too.

Elemental gunners can deal decent damage if they use the element the monster is weakest too. For example flaming S on gigginox. Elemental gunners should have Elemental attack up in their skills for that extra boost in damage. Bonus shot isnt needed, and can get you killed if your not careful. Ive seen people use Lagi+ and on one occasion Barioth+ with EAU.

Status users should have a min/low recoil gun for the least amount of time to shoot another status bullet. As well as needing a gun that loads enough of the status you are wanting.
Thats why uragaan+ armor is a good choice. Dont bother with gigginox,bnahabra or Status up skill, as apparently it doesnt do much to help you.

for clusting people use barrage earring,mustu muneate+, mustsu kote+,uragaan coat+ and mutsu Gusoku+. For recoil -3, clust S all up and load up. Those skills are key to
clusting.

Supporters can use recov bullets,buff bullets,status shots and be able to inflict decent damage. Trapmaster is a nice skill to have here, so your team can get plenty of hits off.
This is my type of gunning, so I use a mix that was shown to me that gives EAU, Evade+1 Trapmaster and Bonus shot. with a gun that loads para enough for three rounds, sleep for 2 rounds and after that can focus on trapping and element gunning.

Last edited by Sapphire on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex
Axel3

3DS friends code:

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:32 pm

Sapphire wrote:
Axel3 wrote:
Sapphire wrote:

The main damage dealers are piercers with their Blos+ armour for the pierce S all up and pierce S boost. As pierce ammo uses pierce damage type, which most monsters are weak too.

Elemental gunners can deal decent damage if they use the element the monster is weakest too. For example flaming S on gigginox. Elemental gunners should have Elemental attack up in their skills for that extra boost in damage. Bonus shot isnt needed, and can get you killed if your not careful. Ive seen people use Lagi+ and on one occasion Barioth+ with EAU.

Status users should have a min/low recoil gun for the least amount of time to shoot another status bullet. As well as needing a gun that loads enough of the status you are wanting.
Thats why uragaan+ armor is a good choice. Dont bother with gigginox,bnahabra or Status up skill, as apparently it doesnt do much to help you.

for clusting people use barrage earring,mustu muneate+, mustsu kote+,uragaan coat+ and mutsu Gusoku+. For recoil -3, clust S all up and load up. Those skills are key to
clusting.

Supporters can use recov bullets,buff bullets,status shots and be able to inflict decent damage. Trapmaster is a nice skill to have here, so your team can get plently of hits off.

Thanks!
I'll probablly use pierce set, and maybe status set.
Do you know what the commonly used bowgun combo is for each set?
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

3DS friends code:

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Quote :
Thanks!

Im no expert at knowing what gun to use when piercing...
Generally the gun needs to load plently of lv1 and lv2 pierce, as level 3 is only useful for megajho.

I cant explain them all sorry :L
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:10 pm

Axel3 wrote:
Sapphire wrote:
Axel3 wrote:
Sapphire wrote:

clusting.

Supporters can use recov bullets,buff bullets,status shots and be able to inflict decent damage. Trapmaster is a nice skill to have here, so your team can get plently of hits off.

Thanks!

My gun is: T-rex/devils grin/thundacrus for pierce
The armor is full blos, bari+ coil, gobul+ leggings.
Gives me pierce s all up, pierce s boost, evade+1, trapmaster, crit eye+1
the tali is trapmaster+10 evade+3 1 slot
btw, to get all these skills with that tali, all 13 slots will be used :X
Got this set from Maika
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:03 pm

i think the gun for pierce is rath+ frame/ jho barrel/ eather blos or bari stock
and for status its uhhh damnit i dont remember but it has jhen barrel xD
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

3DS friends code:

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 7:39 pm

blackice wrote:
i think the gun for pierce is rath+ frame/ jho barrel/ eather blos or bari stock
and for status its uhhh damnit i dont remember but it has jhen barrel xD

Poison Stinger Frame/Rathling Barrel/Any stock with 5-10 weight (depending on what status you want to do)? this is what I use when I feel like status gunning.
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 4:08 am

Sapphire wrote:
Axel3 wrote:
Sapphire wrote:

clusting.

Supporters can use recov bullets,buff bullets,status shots and be able to inflict decent damage. Trapmaster is a nice skill to have here, so your team can get plenty of hits off.
This is my type of gunning, so I use a mix that was shown to me that gives EAU, Evade+1 Trapmaster and Bonus shot. with a gun that loads para enough for three rounds, sleep for 2 rounds and after that can focus on trapping and element gunning.

Can you tell me the equipmwnt for that supporter bowgun? include the taili as well :D
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

3DS friends code:

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:40 am

Quote :
Can you tell me the equipmwnt for that supporter bowgun? include the taili as well :D

Its a pretty end game set .-.
And as I said, I change gun to match monsters...the one I was talking about is...
Rath+ barrel, Rath+ frame and chaos wing stock its not the best at rapid fire flame, but as I said I need it to hold other ammo too. That one is used for monsters like barioth and gigginox.

I use a speedsetup+10 evade +3 1 slot. The same as Ultimate Jaggi :P
Back to top Go down
Maika
Cephalos
Maika

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:40 am

Hi Axel3,

Pierce gunning is a very good and convenient way to start gunning, before you decide to branch out to other gunning tactics. As Jaggi said, Thundacrus Rex / Grin / Thundacrus (aka the devilfish) is a very good gun for starters, coz:
1. the frame's +10% affinity cancels out the -10% from the jho barrel, giving you a neutral affinity,
2. reduced ranged which is good for pierce, but not too low-ranged,
3. good Pierce lv1 and 2 clips (Pierce S All Up is IMO not that significant),
4. Has no deviation,
5. Good raw attack power,
6. Has three slots to play around, and
7. Devilfish sounds and looks cool >Yes by vort

You may want to go get Hunter's set with more or less the same armor skills (depending on the waist and feet pieces). My advise is try to get comfortable with Pierce gunning first using the above mentioned set, then afterwards branch out to other Pierce sets and other gunning styles (elemental, clust, support, etc). Speed aiming / speed adjusting / cancel-scope + evading / optimum range / speed comboing, etc... you will get used to these as you go on with gunning.

Try to focus on Pierce lv1 shots as much as possible, and bring the necessary materials to combine for moar :D
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:45 am

Just a heads up, Vulcannon is one gun...

The stock, frame and barrel cannot be seperated. It is literally ONE gun. So yea. xD

It looks pretty awesome though...

as for pierce gunning, I use

rath+/Devilsgrin/barioth stock

Gives me a good amount of Lvl 2 and 3.

I actually like using 3 D:

but since i have combo pro... I basically have 120+ Lvl 2... so that'll last me the entire quest.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

3DS friends code:

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 5:45 pm

Sapphire wrote:
Quote :

Its a pretty end game set .-.
And as I said, I change gun to match monsters...the one I was talking about is...
Rath+ barrel, Rath+ frame and chaos wing stock its not the best at rapid fire flame, but as I said I need it to hold other ammo too. That one is used for monsters like barioth and gigginox.

I use a speedsetup+10 evade +3 1 slot. The same as Ultimate Jaggi :P

XD. I just figured out how to get in trapmaster while keeping evasion+1. Before, I had an evade+7 tali. It wasnt enough to get evasion+2 so a few slots were open. Then I found that tali XD
Now all 13 slots are filled :P
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:53 pm

kama wrote:

something like this is think:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RG
Cephalos
RG

3DS friends code:

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:12 pm

The skills you want for stat gunning are recoil down+2, load up, trapmaster, and bombardier.
this can be gotten 2 easy known ways
Spoiler:
You can also get the same skill set with barrage rest ura+. This is using the lowest tali possible the higher the speed setup tali the less gemming.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 1:17 am

dats pretty much the same thing i did but im pretty sure kama has a +10 speedsetup tally and i added thund resis just cause i had xtra slots lol
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 am

Thx RG for the help on armor. And Yes Blackice i do have the +10 spdsetup 00 slot tail :P
Back to top Go down
Kholdstare
Rhenoplos
Kholdstare

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:11 am

This is a bit off-topic, But why am I in your signature Sapphire?
and who are you? lol
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

3DS friends code:

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:13 am

Kholdstare wrote:
and who are you? lol

Im that person from your nightmares. You dont know me? :P
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RG
Cephalos
RG

3DS friends code:

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Well by the time I was gonna post it up you already posted, it would've been a waste on my part not to post lol. Yeah with that tali you could get the extra skills ignot comes with not that you really need them.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

3DS friends code:

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 5:40 pm

Kholdstare wrote:
and who are you? lol
Everyone's in her signature. It shows the name of whoever is logged in XD
Back to top Go down
Kholdstare
Rhenoplos
Kholdstare

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:33 pm

Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
Kholdstare wrote:
and who are you? lol
Everyone's in her signature. It shows the name of whoever is logged in XD
Oh, so to you, it says "I see you Ultimate Jaggi"? thats cool, how do you do that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gunning N00b Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunning N00b   Gunning N00b Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gunning N00b
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next