Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists

Go down 
+21
Andrew.
Lucas
Luciarn
kama
Oni Zelkami
laoshanicrus
dainbramage
Andrea88GOD
Ultimate Jaggi
Chips
Lou Urau
Ataraxia
Stuff
Slyffer
Rene
KratosAIK
Win32error
It's meh
Oron
Yuki
Kanade
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

What do you think?
You have a good point Nana @_@;
The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 I_vote_lcap62%The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 62% [ 16 ]
No way! all speed runners are cheapo elitists!
The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 I_vote_lcap8%The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Chips is the most mannered and skilled hunter, i accept him as my Eiyuu Ou! (King of Heroes)
The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 I_vote_lcap30%The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Most people here like to play Tri like me and that's just having fun beating random monsters with various weapons dressed in fashionable (yet functional) suits

Most of us have probably encountered the "Elitist" and we think of them, "wtf?! why they kicked me out?! they're speed running?! that's so cheap they must suck!"

But what if those players hunters just like you have fun playing most efficient as possible? and when you enter they're thinking... "wtf?! gotta kick this guy out, armor skill set dps isn't high enough and he's using a derpy weapon, that's so lame they must suck!" (Think how you feel when an "No Skills" set guy walks in and joins your Ala quest)

Most people will think I am a speed runner because of my HR but I've been on both sides of the coin, having played freestyle for 2500 hours and 999 HRs just derping around with stuff like Scholar armor and Yan Yue Dao G to my 3rd character 400 hours and 450 HRs which I have ran with speed runners on quests like Barilos and World Eater... I guess being revealed to the "other" side of things have opened my eyes a bit

so I present you with a question, aren't freestylers who look down on the "efficient" hunters for their "cheap" tactics in fact the Elitists themselves?

Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com

AuthorMessage
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:16 am

^^

0MG THIS 1 TIME I WAZ IN ALA ROOM N IT SED SKILL PLAYAZ ONLI SO I HAD MY LONGSHOT N URAGAAN SO I CUD CLUST DAT MOTHAFUCKA BUT TIHS NUB CUM IN HE HAZ LIEK BARI BG AND URA AND WANTS TO SB CUZ HE NUB AND O SAY "NO CLUST OR GTFO" THEN HE SEZ "SB OR GTFO" LIKE OMG SRSLY SUM PLAYSR R SO NUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /mad/ /mad/ /mad/
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 4:02 am

dainbramage wrote:
^^

0MG THIS 1 TIME I WAZ IN ALA ROOM N IT SED SKILL PLAYAZ ONLI SO I HAD MY LONGSHOT N URAGAAN SO I CUD CLUST DAT MOTHAFUCKA BUT TIHS NUB CUM IN HE HAZ LIEK BARI BG AND URA AND WANTS TO SB CUZ HE NUB AND O SAY "NO CLUST OR GTFO" THEN HE SEZ "SB OR GTFO" LIKE OMG SRSLY SUM PLAYSR R SO NUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /mad/ /mad/ /mad/

IKR!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 4:41 pm

Lou Urau wrote:
Luciarn wrote:
Lou Urau wrote:

But if you meet one, just go along with it. And when he is stunned from an attack, sharpening, or whatever. L Bomb+ him. That or use a felyne bomb. And if your a hammer user, just come up from behind and Superpound him.

Basically, stabbing them in the back just to show.

It's what I wound do personally. But meh...You could do that or join the quest and BRB it. OR if your a gunner, hit the monster with health shots several times till where the time runs out or something.

Isn't that a bit like... stooping to their level?
Because believe me, I would rage to no end if somebody did this to me! :P
Also, consider the fact that other people on the team might not be douches and want to finish the quest as soon as possible to leave the city.
IMO, you just waste -not only others- but also your own time by purposefully failing a quest...
I'd find it better to save time and just leave the city with dignity (yeah, i know, it sounds cheesy :P)
Well i mean if it is just you and the Hunter.

But it's basically going lower to basically show that it is not, "My way or the highway".

I heard my name @.@
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:43 pm

we must go deeper! ELITISCEPTION

I would think the real question is: why does anything other than having fun matter.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:02 pm

Vortiene wrote:
we must go deeper! ELITISCEPTION

I would think the real question is: why does anything other than having fun matter.

i guess dats true, unlike the japanese we dont have to buy 30 day subscription so it's not like we have to speed run stuff to get materials quicker and other stuffs
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:50 pm

I know this is a pretty big bump but not all players get a chance to play daily some can only play on weekends so speed running speeds up the catch up process. i lost two accounts since I have began and I speed run a lot more than I did to reach 483 and 380+ I put time and effort in them So i felt like doing something different with my character I reached 227 in two months that is quite a bit and planning on reaching 300 and beyond soon I played freestly for two years so I know how it is to grind a character the long and tedious way. Now i want to try to speed run people shouldn't look down on each other by how the reached a certain rank in the very end it is just rank what shouod be important is having fun of you aren't having fun then why are you playing the game? Over the course of the past month or so I have been looking at myself and not liking the type of player I have become I am going back to my roots and hunting a little more with randoms kicking less trying to be the best player I can be for my team and still have fun doing it.
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha

Thank you Points : 35

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:25 pm

I've been a douche since day one, the people here who have played with me know what i mean, I can't help but hate hackers and leechers (especially when they wear horrible equipment compared to their current HR) ;)
Back to top Go down
Andrew.
Seltas Queen
Andrew.

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 4:15 pm

I fail to see the point of this thread, aren't we pretty much complaining about "Elitists" here, or moaning about trolls, or how we troll...
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:54 am

The thing is that it'll never end, and theres nothing to stop it. There will always be these people that, to use a crud figure of speech, want to muscle their way through the game to the reach the top. They don't care about the 'fun' in the game they just want to rush through and get the things they need. Which I find ironic because if these 'elitist' are so good to dictate others just trying to enjoy the game, why are they not doing this by themselves? If they're so good solo it and everyone else won't slow you down. Trolling just can be stopped either. The lack of face-to-face interact just invokes that whole side to some people. The only way you can stop it is to shut down the servers, and no one wants that.

besides, Nowadays the latter of people logging on are to hang out with their friend groups and some of the clans still thriving. So really, they're the ones utilizing the game to it's fullest, they're actually enjoying it and having fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:06 pm

I enjoy trolling people who think they are better than someone, well not just think, say it out loud and smashing it in everyones faces, I discovered a way to find people all over the servers, it doesn't matter if you are inviz or you blocked me I can find you so I kept warping to 2 elitists who wanted to be alone. They thought I was a hacker and I found them and warped to them like 20 times, I also wild guess one of their coded quest in one try xP

That thought them not to mess with other ppl
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Otoshimo wrote:
The thing is that it'll never end, and theres nothing to stop it. There will always be these people that, to use a crud figure of speech, want to muscle their way through the game to the reach the top. They don't care about the 'fun' in the game they just want to rush through and get the things they need. Which I find ironic because if these 'elitist' are so good to dictate others just trying to enjoy the game, why are they not doing this by themselves? If they're so good solo it and everyone else won't slow you down. Trolling just can be stopped either. The lack of face-to-face interact just invokes that whole side to some people. The only way you can stop it is to shut down the servers, and no one wants that.

besides, Nowadays the latter of people logging on are to hang out with their friend groups and some of the clans still thriving. So really, they're the ones utilizing the game to it's fullest, they're actually enjoying it and having fun.

Did you ever stop to think that people playing the game differently than you are having fun in a different way? You are dismissing a playstyle you dislike and, even worse, dismissing the players who like to do that as not having the right kind of fun (per your personal standards).

Donnie dress-up like to hunt in the cool-looking armor with the cool weapon even if they are sub-par statistically. Stats aren't fun, but looks are.

Rebel Rachel wants to complete quests using "fun/off-the-wall" tactics and setups even if they are known to be less efficient.

Speedy Steve likes the sense of accomplishment he gets from completing quests more and more efficiently within the boundaries of the game.

Chatty Cathy does whatever her friends like to do, the game is a veihcle for thier conversations.

Freddy freestyle likes the gameplay of fighting monsters, the act itself. He likes winning, of course, but doesn't like tactics which remove the monsters half of the fight.

Tammy the troll takes pleasure from the frustration of others. (odd how so many can hate Tammy even when they go troll someone themselves)

And so on. The real thing which separates "elitists" from others is simply the frame of mind that thier way is superior, whatever metric they use. Forcing others to play YOUR way is not fun for everyone, no matter your chosen playstyle.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:04 pm

What navgoose said pretty much sums it up. People have their own way of playing. It's a good thing in MH that there are multiple rooms. You're not forced to hunt with anyone you do not want to. Just go make another room, and ignore what bothers you and have fun. I find that backlashing on people who ask other hunters to do something else, especially when the person already said ahead of time that the room was "speedrunning" "clusting" or whatever the sort, even "modding/hacking."

I appreciate people that give fair warning as to what the agenda is in the room. Some people just outright say "use clust" "get lance" as soon as you enter the vicinity. If it's something you don't want to do just leave, and both parties are happy. xD

PS: Can I be Chatty Cathy?

=P
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Chips wrote:

PS: Can I be Chatty Cathy?

=P
Nope.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Thank you, navgoose, finally someone who gets it xD

and no, the OP was not complaining about anything - just pointing out a flaw(hypocrisy) in the hating of elitist when oneself is elitist about their own style trend that was happening when the thread was created. there will still be people who view their own ways as the best way and will look down on all others for whatever reason, however if this topic was thought provoking enough to make someone realize the hypocrisy in their own gaming philosophy then its a thread worth having IMO
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:41 pm

I'm a hipocrite but I glad I was in this case I said I would not go for 999 I would not speed run that I would not stat gun and so on. Well I am going for 999 and speed running and having fun doing it I have been thinking of my friend Akane a lot lately and now see why she continued for so long she was having fun on tge road to 999 if I ever get the chance to see her I would like to thank her and also apologize. Now don't mistake it for me just doing speed runs they are fun but in moderation for me. To each their own I plan on making that my phylosophy.

Off topic: Thank you Akane I love you. You are one of the best nicest amd kindest people I ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Back on topic: Thank you Nana I have been thinking since you posted this thread that maybe I am not such a good player in my gaming phylosophy.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:58 pm

Give me a speedrunner any day. If they don't want me to do anything then fine :3 I'll just laze at base camp or do any small-monster sidequests!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists   The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Efficient hunter vs the dreaded Elitists
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3