Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)

Go down 
+28
anduin55
iJAM
Ataraxia
Anonymin
Yuki
Ultimate Jaggi
quidam
Yamatsu
MasterOnion
Lalo
Will
Silverwind
Silverneo188
Vajra
Chips
Ulicies
RDC
Oni Zelkami
Quentin
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Derb
WinNerd
Snagglux
Eddy
It's meh
elchele
Win32error
dcj91x
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:10 am

First topic message reminder :

Rumors but they have gotten a few things correct before:

http://stickskills.com/2012/07/04/monster-hunter-4-details/

Last edited by dcj91x on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
iJAM
Kelbi
iJAM

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 4:15 pm

Looks like there will be another new weapon beside the insect/pole!

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201209/23021693.html

This is way more new content than i ever expected.
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos
anduin55

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code: 2852-7597-3150
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 4:29 pm

Anonymin wrote:
Just a thought.

If that new necromancer dragon can re-animate the dead, what do you think it's armour skills will be? :o
While we're at it, what will it's weapons do?
Also, imagine having to do a quest with two of them... /scar/ Hopefully, there will be a limit to how many times they can "resurrect" other monsters (once, maybe twice.).
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/109952126346148067866
aninymouse
Jaggi
aninymouse

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 1:53 am

iJAM wrote:

I've watched this video like 3 times already and I never noticed anything of the sort. As far as I can tell, this game will have 13 weapon classes so far. If another one pops up, that remains to be seen... unless you're seeing something I'm not.

anduin55 wrote:
Anonymin wrote:
Just a thought.

If that new necromancer dragon can re-animate the dead, what do you think it's armour skills will be? :o
Also, imagine having to do a quest with two of them... /scar/ Hopefully, there will be a limit to how many times they can "resurrect" other monsters (once, maybe twice.).
Anymore than once would be agonizing. I mean, doubling the time it takes to finally kill something is harsh enough!

The weapons will probably have Dark element. When the player was hit by "Zombie Tigrex," he was enveloped in some kind of shadow aura... like "Shadow Blight."
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos
anduin55

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:25 am

aninymouse wrote:
anduin55 wrote:
Anonymin wrote:
Just a thought.

Anymore than once would be agonizing. I mean, doubling the time it takes to finally kill something is harsh enough!

The weapons will probably have Dark element. When the player was hit by "Zombie Tigrex," he was enveloped in some kind of shadow aura... like "Shadow Blight."
Yeah, but what would that dark element do as a weapon? Could it be used to "revive" other players? Say, if you hit them in the second or two before they're carted back to camp, they get revived with, say, 10% health? (fully reviving them would probably be a little broken, so just give them enough where a good hit would send them back, but at least they can heal and get back in quicker.)
Or maybe if you kill small monsters with it, they get revived as your pets to throw at the big monsters? (I don't really see it being this, it'd be too easy to get an army of jaggis and have them all dog pile a tigrex. They still wouldn't do too much damage overall, however.)
Or maybe it'll be something more conventional, like just regular elemental damage... ¬_¬
Back to top Go down
iJAM
Kelbi
iJAM

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:32 am

aninymouse wrote:
iJAM wrote:

I've watched this video like 3 times already and I never noticed anything of the sort. As far as I can tell, this game will have 13 weapon classes so far. If another one pops up, that remains to be seen... unless you're seeing something I'm not.

Its not in the video. They didn't show it yet.
Famitsu just says that MH4 producer Ryozo Tsujimoto confirmed that there will be another new weapon.
It will be revealed at a later date.

Another source
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=186228
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:19 pm

anduin55 wrote:

Yeah, but what would that dark element do as a weapon? Could it be used to "revive" other players? Say, if you hit them in the second or two before they're carted back to camp, they get revived with, say, 10% health? (fully reviving them would probably be a little broken, so just give them enough where a good hit would send them back, but at least they can heal and get back in quicker.)
Or maybe if you kill small monsters with it, they get revived as your pets to throw at the big monsters? (I don't really see it being this, it'd be too easy to get an army of jaggis and have them all dog pile a tigrex. They still wouldn't do too much damage overall, however.)
Or maybe it'll be something more conventional, like just regular elemental damage... ¬_¬
My guess is that the weapon will have different effects:
When you attack a "companion" that's dead, you revive it.

When you attack monsters.... I guess it'll act like a status? Each time it makes a splash, extra damage is given?
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
http://gematsu.com/2012/09/monster-hunter-4-has-a-second-new-weapon
Better be one of these:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos
anduin55

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:50 pm

What if the new weapon was a new ranged weapon?
hmm...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:54 pm

I think more ranged weapons would be nice..
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos
anduin55

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:59 pm

Number of Blademaster Weapons (including the new "Bug Pole"): 10
Number of Gunner Weapons: 3 (4 if you include Medium Bowguns)

yeah, I think we could do with some new ranged weapons...
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx
Anonymin

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS/WiiU

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Duo-Bowgun pistols pls.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:02 pm

Pistols.. I could see those.. but... I think they may not fit in with bows and bow guns... maybe.. Chain spears? of some sort?
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos
anduin55

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Anonymin wrote:
Duo-Bowgun pistols pls.
with the ability to chamber different ammo in each pistol, allowing you to heal teammates with one and pierce with the other.

Or, when fighting two monsters of differing elemental weakness, have each chambered in two different elemental shots respectively.

dcj91x wrote:
Pistols.. I could see those.. but... I think they may not fit in with bows and bow guns... maybe.. Chain spears? of some sort?

If you think about it... Since they're trying to give this game a more "Wild West" vibe (at least, that's what they initially said, right?), dual pistols work rather well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:21 pm

I would like to see some variant of sword and shield besides double swords. Maybe something gladitorial-esque, like the trident and net? Lol that would be fun.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:35 pm

I would like to see a brand new weapon instead of a stupid spinoff one.

Also here is a nice little article on MH4 from destructoid.
http://www.destructoid.com/monster-hunter-4-is-a-fast-and-ferocious-beast-235568.phtml/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Brand new weapons are fine and all but tried and true is good for older fans too wouldnt you agree? Besides i think all the better ideas have been used up in terms of functionality. Wouldnt want a new weapon to be stupider than "stupid spinoff" ones
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:25 pm

Well even if we are going to get spinoff weapons I would like to see spinoffs of weapons that don't already have spinoffs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:38 pm

So what would you like then, since your opinion is that of a deity's?
Back to top Go down
Derb
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Gauntlets is what I would like, personally.

Everyone can appreciate a good punch-fest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:46 pm

Now, that would be slightly awesome.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:12 am

ZOMG you have no frighin clue how much I'd love to Falcon P-P-P-Paauunch Rath in the face!!! XD

but since you brought it up.... the idea of a gauntlets is pretty sick. the idea of like judo'n a monster would be friggin impecable since we're already getting the jump-on-their-back thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:17 am

wait,,, WHAT? We get to jump on them like Link does in every Zelda game? How is this gonna work online?
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:23 am

That right there demonstrates the back jumping, it works exactly the same online. One person gets on em and stabs em while everyone else whacks at them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:26 am

Oh my god thats just too amazing. Oh no chacha is still there? Really?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)   MH4 info (mostly confirmed now) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MH4 info (mostly confirmed now)
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next