Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Taboo's of MH tri?

Go down 
+19
Edsain
Xenohunter
Swing
navgoose
Andrea88GOD
kama
Sai_
It's meh
Lalo
Andrew.
Quentin
Ataraxia
Chips
Yuki
Ares
Otoshimo
red1228
Godzilla2195
Dathblade
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dathblade
Popo
Dathblade

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey all, I'm still relatively new here, but I have come to notice that some things are considered taboo. (for instance the guan dao, or the rathian armorset), I was hoping that maybe someone can tell me these taboo's so when anyone talks about it I'm not left confused, and (hopefully) other new players can learn these Taboo's and ultimately avoid them if they happen to be negative, thank you. /yes/
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Xenohunter
Kelbi
Xenohunter

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:39 am

If your going to be away for about 10 or so minutes, don't waste a space in a city, leave so that other players can join.
Back to top Go down
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:49 am

Quentin wrote:
Lance charging is a no-no.

Don't be an asshole

Do not "noob carve" (when someone cuts the tail and you go to carve it while the monster is still in the area)

Do not demand to have the group cut the tail, break the face, etc if you see that the rest of the group has weapons that can't do the job.

its not noob to carve mid battle (its pro) and if successful you might get a dingdong jackpot
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 9:37 am

Don't randomly plant bombs around. It's annoying to be focused on a monster an some kid just places bombs all willy-nilly. Especially when there's a trapped monster and everyone's wailing on the monster, but 1 kid decides to put up a barrel bomb right in front of your face.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Lou Urau
Rhenoplos
Lou Urau

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Well I bet this is common sense but dont hit a monster when it is sleeping. Have had it happened several times on Ala. He KO'd. I place bomb. One guy comes up and GS 3lv charges it. I tell him to stop, no listen.

I can't believe anyone would experience it but....Dont ever forget your whetstones.

Unless you are doing an handicapped quest for fun, use the elemental wep that hurts the monster. Or just status or plain Raw damage.

Dont hit people during quests or during carves (Like Jhen) but once someone is done, i mean it's fun to try and send them flying. (Now I have been blessed sometimes to get hit by GS, Lance, or hammer RIGHT before getting hit by a monster. Saves my life most of the time because of the swing. But dont try it on purpose)

Another taboo is no communication. It really helps if there is minor communication so you know what you doing exactly, if it for parts or a plan to get some hits in.

When you on a Cap mission and someone has clearly said it's ready. Dont keep hitting it.

If you've carted twice, stay in Camp or just abandon. You'll help the rest by just making sure you not the reason anyone dies.
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Lou Urau wrote:
If you've carted twice, stay in Camp or just abandon. You'll help the rest by just making sure you not the reason anyone dies.

You do that and many of us will abandon the quest and leave the city. Fight or die, don't cower in camp hoping other hunters kill it for you. I'd rather fail a hunt than stay in a city with someone like that.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 3:56 pm

navgoose wrote:
Lou Urau wrote:

You do that and many of us will abandon the quest and leave the city. Fight or die, don't cower in camp hoping other hunters kill it for you. I'd rather fail a hunt than stay in a city with someone like that.
Amen, brother.
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga
Leonhardt

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 3:59 pm

It's meh wrote:
navgoose wrote:
Lou Urau wrote:

Amen, brother.

IKR, how u supposed to get any better if u chillin at da camp?
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 4:03 pm

navgoose wrote:
Lou Urau wrote:

Well, yeah but just picture this.
You are in need of a ruby... or something more common, idk a scale
and you are doing ian with 3 randoms, everyone gets to the ian and she kills the HR 31 with Jhen armor, he apologize blah-blah he gets into to the fight and some minutes later he gets killed again. I would rather tell him to stay in the camp or go gather stuff than risk the mission if you just need a scale+, it might be leeching but I cant stand randoms dieing 3 times in a row, somethimes I even tell them "I can solo if you want"

But dont abandon a quest, thats just being coward
Back to top Go down
Dathblade
Popo
Dathblade

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 5:11 pm

Lalo wrote:
navgoose wrote:
Lou Urau wrote:

Well, yeah but just picture this.
You are in need of a ruby... or something more common, idk a scale
and you are doing ian with 3 randoms, everyone gets to the ian and she kills the HR 31 with Jhen armor, he apologize blah-blah he gets into to the fight and some minutes later he gets killed again. I would rather tell him to stay in the camp or go gather stuff than risk the mission if you just need a scale+, it might be leeching but I cant stand randoms dieing 3 times in a row, somethimes I even tell them "I can solo if you want"

But dont abandon a quest, thats just being coward
IKR! I cannot tell you how hard it is to clutch with 1 other person when people wimp out and leave us to die.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:30 pm

Asking other players to the tail then once cut carve with the monster right above the tail and have the other olayers knock you to safety and in return shoot them in the back eith clust changing areas.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 1:00 am

Don't try and be some showoff just cause your high ranked. It's very annoying when you walk in a city and some snob starts going "I hammer only", " just stay outta' my way" or something like it's your first time picking up a video game remote. If you want to be all commando & give orders, go play offline and tell cha-cha what to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 5:45 pm

navgoose wrote:
Lou Urau wrote:
There's always End via Subquest.

On topic, never get in the way of SnS and Lance users. Don't make them stagger. It's anoyying as hell.
GS/SwAx upswing/Hammer Unsheath someone off a cliff post-mission, or even post-carve. Funny it may be, but some take it the wrong way. Or in my case the hunter in question just took revenge by beating me at arm-wrestling.
MIXED ARMOUR FOR RAW DEFENSE ONLY dhqfgewjwhvcjsackajgurhgbrbrbr
Badly placing Super-pounds
Never EVER upswing. There's always this one guy who'll get hit and therefore annoyed.
Not getting a hunter out of a pindown (GS charge or otherwise). Happened once in the arena with me as the victim. How you're SUPPOSED to do it is a) Super-Pound b) Lv3 GS to the face c) the obvious: "HEY RATHIAN DO YOU LIKE POOP!?"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:54 pm

Otoshimo wrote:
Don't try and be some showoff just cause your high ranked. It's very annoying when you walk in a city and some snob starts going "I hammer only", " just stay outta' my way" or something like it's your first time picking up a video game remote. If you want to be all commando & give orders, go play offline and tell cha-cha what to do.

THIS^

This one time, I walked into a los city with ala hammer (hadn't gotten jho's yet) and this one other guy had devil's due. He told me to go change because he was hammering. I told him that we could both hammer. He got all mad and said it "distracts" him. Since I didn't want to start anything, I went and changed. In the quest, he did not get a single ko... After the quest he blamed me for not helping him out with hammering...
Dafuq?
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:15 am

Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
Otoshimo wrote:

THIS^

This one time, I walked into a los city with ala hammer (hadn't gotten jho's yet) and this one other guy had devil's due. He told me to go change because he was hammering. I told him that we could both hammer. He got all mad and said it "distracts" him. Since I didn't want to start anything, I went and changed. In the quest, he did not get a single ko... After the quest he blamed me for not helping him out with hammering...
Dafuq?

You should have said "Well why didn't you help me cut the tail?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Taboo's of MH tri?   The Taboo's of MH tri? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Taboo's of MH tri?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii :: Monster Hunter 3 (Tri)-
Jump to: