Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
G rank armor question Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
G rank armor question Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

G rank armor question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

G rank armor question Empty
PostSubject: G rank armor question   G rank armor question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:59 am

So I reached g rank about two months ago... I went through hr7 wearing a dark akantor armor , which was good. But now I can't keep getting two hit'd by a lavasioth and a nargacuga...

So I was wondering if anyone could tell me about any good easy-to-make armor for ds/ls users so I can at least farm nargacuga with it....

ps lavasioth is freaking cute when he pops his head out of the lava :3
Back to top Go down
red1228
Aptonoth
red1228

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: G rank armor question   G rank armor question Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:02 pm

"Introductery Armors for G Rank"?

I actually used Dark Akantor armor all the way until my Urgent to hit Hr9. It was lacking on defense at that point in the game (as you mentioned), but I liked the skill set too much to bother with anything else.

You might give Hermitaur Z a try. While the Guard+1 won't serve you any purpose with Longsword or Dual Sword, it does have the Guts skill (prevents you from getting 1hKO'd if you're over 2/3 HP). Usefull if you arent familar with dodging the G rank monsters attacks (some of the G rank monsters in Rage mode are quite capable of 2hKO'ing you, even with 600+ defense).

Ceanataur Z is also good since it can be gemmed for Sharp+1, SharpKnife & Speed Sharpen (great for DS). You will however, have to deal with Defense Down (even if you use all slots with Defense boosting decorations, you can't remove it completely).

There's also Kut-Ku X (if you're looking for G Rank worthy defense early on). Can give Attack Up, Recovery Speed Up, & Psychic Vision. Don't forget to gem out the Defense Down, though.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

PostSubject: Re: G rank armor question   G rank armor question Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:41 am

Yeah those dark akantor skills are just amazing.....

I decided to go with hermitaur Z since noone was answering... I am thinking of using it to farm narga since as you said guard is not useful for me... Attack large (gemmed) and guts are pretty cool though but again I find it has better use for farming...
Back to top Go down
red1228
Aptonoth
red1228

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: G rank armor question   G rank armor question Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Yeah, both of the Crab Z armors are pretty good for most of G Rank.

Best way to go however, would be custom mix sets. I don't know how you are on cash in this game, but this link has a nice list of sets to use:

http://forums.minegarde.com/topic/171-deviltriggers-armor-combo-library/
Back to top Go down
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

PostSubject: Re: G rank armor question   G rank armor question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:55 pm

Laviasoth armor is amazing for archers. I used Hermitaur Z to beat him with a lance. It took me 30 mins each time but it was worth it. I also made hermitaur z for gunnner and used bow on him too.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

PostSubject: Re: G rank armor question   G rank armor question Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:54 am

red1228 wrote:
Yeah, both of the Crab Z armors are pretty good for most of G Rank.

Best way to go however, would be custom mix sets. I don't know how you are on cash in this game, but this link has a nice list of sets to use:

http://forums.minegarde.com/topic/171-deviltriggers-armor-combo-library/

Ah yes dat minegarde post...
Really helpful but I dont think I'll go with mixed... Easier to learn and farm one monster than 3...

For now I guess I'll go with plum d. until I find something better... That atk large is quite good >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G rank armor question   G rank armor question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

G rank armor question
Page 1 of 1