Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.

Go down 
+43
Roon
laoshanicrus
bill_the_noob
sephalatos
Seahorse91
E&Troy
Sir Tristen
Slyffer
Spiritlord
Ataraxia
toadmasterCC
Lalo
Gian
Atalanta
Archie
Esham
Edsain
Yuki
GobulHunterJames
Jader7777
Saisei
Will
Retoman
Vajra
Crystaelis
kama
Ultimate Jaggi
Arkenaw
Chagrilled
A Drunk Ninja
TKMT
Gilgames
BoredForLife
RDC
Rowiehz
Sephastus
PAiN---
dcj91x
Yamatsu
It's meh
Volke
Snagglux
Ares
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ares
Seregios
Ares

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 1:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

So this has been popping up in many threads in the MH3U section, so lets put it all here in one place.
What weapon do you plan to focus on in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

I for one will be using the Hunting Horn and Heavy Bow Gun.

I'm curious as well to know what you guys will be using.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn

AuthorMessage
Slyffer
Cephalos
Slyffer

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 3:24 pm

SnS master race reporting in ;)

As always I'll have a special love for my SnS', but I'd started using the GS almost exclusively before I stopped playing MHTri, and also used the hammer (mostly for Alatreon, decent, randie hammer users against Alatreon in my experience was almost a non-occurence), LS and lance at different times. Seen as I never played MH Unite, I've never used the Gun Lance, Hunting Horn, Bow or Duel Swords before, so will wanna try all of 'em at some point.

But still....dat SnS ;)
Back to top Go down
Volke
Aptonoth
Volke

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 3:46 pm

[quote="Atalanta"]
Volke wrote:

I have a question about the SwAx. I noticed mobility as being solid when using the axe, but you move like a turtle with the sword.

The demo doesn't show how much damage you're doing. Does the sword do more damage than the axe? How do you even figure that stuff out?

Anyone with thoughts please bless me with your knowledge! =D

Since it's off topic, put in spoiler:
Spoiler:
[/quote

Thank you. =)
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:54 am

Atalanta wrote:
Volke wrote:

I have a question about the SwAx. I noticed mobility as being solid when using the axe, but you move like a turtle with the sword.

The demo doesn't show how much damage you're doing. Does the sword do more damage than the axe? How do you even figure that stuff out?

Spoiler:
Uh, is this about the 3Ultimate demo?
Back to top Go down
Sir Tristen
Aptonoth
Sir Tristen

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:43 pm

Bowguns, cuz why not try something new.

I'm sure I'll also spend some more quality time Hammer ing Tigrex
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:01 pm

Spiritlord wrote:
I mainly used LS, lance and GS in tri, so I'll probably get some use out of them. As for new weapons, the DS looks like a pretty good bet. I'm considering trying out the HH and bow, as well.

And now for some switch-axe discussion.

Atalanta wrote:
Volke wrote:

Spoiler:

I'll put my reply in a spoiler too.

Spoiler:

Well, since we're on the topic.....

Anyone else notice that the slashes in sword mode are a bit faster than in tri? Not the mobility, just the slashes themselves. I could be mistaken, but it certainly looked more fluid and a bit faster.
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:46 am

After playing the demo I have a new respect for Hunting Horns, I might focus on them now. Although in the end, my forte is Sword 'n' Shield.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Now I've never used the Gunlance, Bow, Duel Swords, or the Hunting Horn. The weapon I'll use most will probably be the hammer. Now this %100 coming from my experience from TRI. That experience will most definitely change once I fight some of the new monsters, and try out the new weapon types. But if I, for whatever reason, find all of weapon types in Ultimate that weren't in TRI, junk. Then I'll probably stick with Hammer. With, of coarse LS, Lance, BG, GS, Swax, and SnS.
Back to top Go down
Seahorse91
Kelbi

PostSubject: New guy reporting in!    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 11:00 am

I was so happy when they announced MH3U. To make a long story short.
My first Monster Hunter game was tri. Loved it, played the hell out of it. Bougth a PSP just so I could play Freedom Unite. Loved it even more (mainly because of the bow).
And now I can play with my lovely bow online and on my TV. This will be so awesome!

So my weapon of choice is - Bow

Back to top Go down
Saisei
Felyne
Saisei

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:41 pm

So I think I may change up my priorities a bit. After spending a lot of alone time with the Swax, it has clearly brought my interest above the DS. So with that being said:

Main: Lance Gun Lance
Subs: Switch AXE Hunting Horn Heavy Bowgun
Back to top Go down
sephalatos
Kelbi
sephalatos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 7:36 pm

My top 3 of choice would be the SnS, gunlance, and the dual blades have been used to them in my many previous adventures. though i might venture out into the GS and hammer since i hardly ever play with them.
Back to top Go down
bill_the_noob
Bnahabra
bill_the_noob

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): France

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 7:24 am

the demo convinced me to main the Hunting Horn
Seems really fun and efficient; sustained damage, KO, mobility (awesome mobilty with the speed song)
.... and of course i'll still use HAMMER, LS and Lance a lot and from time to time GS, Gunlance
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 9:34 am

*cracks knuckles* ds and swax for me
Back to top Go down
Gilgames
Melynx
Gilgames

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 5:01 pm

I've changed my mind: I will focus on gunlances and longswords. I'll also use bows, HBGs, dual swords and from time to time SWAX and GS.
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 8:41 am

If the Demo is any indication Dual Blades will be my main weapons in this game.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 12:17 pm

Funny thing, in a poll in Japan and among western players of the older games. Duel Swords/Duel Blades were rated as the most popular weapon among "Female" players. (Not those using female characters but actual females)

And MH is one of the more higly played games among female playes in both Japan and the west...
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 12:21 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Funny thing, in a poll in Japan and among western players of the older games. Duel Swords/Duel Blades were rated as the most popular weapon among "Female" players. (Not those using female characters but actual females)

And MH is one of the more higly played games among female playes in both Japan and the west...

Interesting, dual swords are a pretty solid choice though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Vajra
Aptonoth
Vajra

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 8:56 pm

lomgsword, hunting horn, gunlance, dual blades and bow
Back to top Go down
Akai the White Lightning
Gore Magala
Akai the White Lightning

Thank you Points : 56

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 9:29 pm

Longsword and Switchaxe will probably be my mains as they were in Tri. I'll definitely give Dual Blades a try too, I wasn't able to get into them much in MHFU, but I'm hoping this gives me a new chance to appreciate them.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos
pumpkinslayer

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 7:43 am

A Hammer and a bit of Long Sword with a side dish of Light Bowgun although I have never used a hammer before I really enjoyed it in the demo and owned the lagombi in 5 minutes, while I have used long-swords before, they have a place in my heart so I will probably never stop using them, I like the light bow gun because of the mobility and range, and the heavy bow guns 'siege mode' doesn't appeal to me at all (can only fire certain types of ammo D: still cool though)
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung
Oni Zelkami

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 7:47 am

In Tri, I used everything but the SWAX. Mostly SnS, and some Lance and Bowgun. I tried out the Bow in Unite, but I couldn't get it to work. So far, it's just been SnS for me in TriU.

Ares wrote:

Interesting, dual swords are a pretty solid choice though.

I get it!
Back to top Go down
Archie
Melynx
Archie

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:29 am

Im currently using GL, HH, and DS. I have no plans to stop using them. Decided against the hammer not because i dont like it but because I never got around to it, and having that many weapons in the early game is expensive.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 12:05 pm

I'll probably hammer most of the game first, i'll try the hunting horn and throw it away 10 minutes later. I'll see what the gunlance can do, and i'll probably make one character dedicated to bowgun, or the bow if i find that preferable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.    This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This topic has been floating around the various 3U threads (what weapon will you focus on?) lets just put it here.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3