Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Character transfer between other people Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Character transfer between other people Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Character transfer between other people

Go down 
+2
Silverwind
Jader7777
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Character transfer between other people Empty
PostSubject: Character transfer between other people   Character transfer between other people Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:27 pm

Now that we can move characters from WiiU to 3DS was vice versa does that mean people can 'give' characters to other people? You could trade characters with someone or even just give them a character outright?

Do you think this might raise the character selling mentality that many MMORPGs have?
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Character transfer between other people   Character transfer between other people Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Unless you know the other person in real life, or in person, I don't think that anyone would try and sell characters. Giving a character to a friend might happen, but I don't see it becoming much of a problem since the point of a monster hunter game besides hunting is moving up the ladder and getting things for yourself. Anyone that would buy a character would quit once they realized that they can't handle G rank even with the armors, unless it was just to get back there after losing their own save data somehow.
Then again, it might link the character to the specific WiiU/3DS so it couldn't be sent WiiU->3DS->OtherWiiU or 3DS->WiiU->Other3DS.
Overall, too much of a hassle to be viable. MMOs only have it as a problem because it only requires login info, this requires actual data transfer through very limited methods.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Character transfer between other people   Character transfer between other people Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:29 pm

also it's likely that there may be a process during transfer that will read the 3DS and WiiU's code that you first do the transfer with and it locks the data between those two devices....
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Character transfer between other people   Character transfer between other people Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:07 pm

Two device lock would work, though I can imagine it being a total bummer if you wanted to migrate your data from one console to another for whatever reason (loss/damage/theft/etc).
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Character transfer between other people   Character transfer between other people Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 2:33 am

^ From what I can tell from a quick net search, Capcom implemented a device lock on Tri when you go online. Once you take a Tri character online, you can only go online from that Wii. I'd have to believe that if Capcom did that for Tri, they would do something simliar for MH3U.

What market I could see is for an elite hunter helping a weak hunter leech for a fee. In Tri, you'd sometimes see profiles asking for Honey in return for their assistance. Played with a few (never paying), and came out less than impressed (and I'm no pro either). With G rank, a more serious market might open. Might not. I just see the possibility, given the Honey market I saw before.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Character transfer between other people   Character transfer between other people Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:40 pm

I will have both the WiiU and the 3DS version, and I have a friend that will not have that privilage. I told him, he could make a character on the 3DS and play along side me, and that eventually when he does get his own 3DS we could do a sort of swap where he would end up with the character that he created.

Technically, I am not sure if this will be possible, but I am hopeful that as long as I don't have his character transfer over to my WiiU, he should be able to transfer his character to his WiiU... or that he could transfer his character to my WiiU, and then onto his 3DS... one way or another, just making sure that his hours invested in the game do not go to waste.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Character transfer between other people   Character transfer between other people Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:58 pm

I would only want this feature for backup. With MH, it's a must for me to have a backup file. I've always backed up my psp files and would love to save my MH3U file. i had to buy the wii i started my tri file on because at the time i was borrowing it -___-

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character transfer between other people   Character transfer between other people Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character transfer between other people
Page 1 of 1