Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
What Differences Have You Noticed? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
What Differences Have You Noticed? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Differences Have You Noticed?

Go down 
+15
Roon
Anonymin
Hawkfriend
Esham
Crystaelis
dcj91x
Chips
Will
Vincent
Sai_
Lalo
It's meh
haruno
Paralykeet
Sir Tristen
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Tristen
Aptonoth
Sir Tristen

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

What Differences Have You Noticed? Empty
PostSubject: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 4:59 pm

After playing through until I am about to Ceadeus, I have noticed that pretty much all the armors got different skill sets, you cannot support your farm from the fishing boats, and low rank monsters seem a lot easier than in tri. People say it is the same game, but enough is different to really keep things interesting.

As a poverty-stricken bowgunner, I'm really considering starting a community-driven advice thread. What bowguns to use, what ammo, how to get the resources and funds to support my habbits. It would only work if experts were willing to chime in, cuz I got little experience. Any thoughts from the community?
Back to top Go down
Paralykeet
Melynx
Paralykeet

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Sir Tristen wrote:
After playing through until I am about to Ceadeus, I have noticed that pretty much all the armors got different skill sets, you cannot support your farm from the fishing boats, and low rank monsters seem a lot easier than in tri. People say it is the same game, but enough is different to really keep things interesting.

As a poverty-stricken bowgunner, I'm really considering starting a community-driven advice thread. What bowguns to use, what ammo, how to get the resources and funds to support my habbits. It would only work if experts were willing to chime in, cuz I got little experience. Any thoughts from the community?

I've noticed that the overall quality of the LR armor skills is less polarized than in Tri (probably to emphasize the power of armor skills in Hi and G.) So I'm not really sure about making any Lo+ armor to compliment the Hi and G sets later on. For the most part I just got BM sets for Jaggi, Gobul and Volvidon and have been thoroghly smashing LR ('I'm currently farming Diablos before I move on to the final leg of the Village story.) I think the most interesting change I've noticed is the massive improvement to Barrioth (which may have come in MHP3rd, but I wouldn't know.) Specifically, Barrioth is no longer cold to the "roll into him" strategy, which makes the Arena quest significantly more challenging than it previously was. He finally feels more comparable to Narga and Tigrex.

EDIT: I'm also enjoying how much more aggressive Rathalos is- It feels like much less of a waiting game for him to get exhausted or stop flying.

Also, the Rathian HBG has me itching to make a gunner set, something I only did in Arena quests when I played Tri (I had HR gun sets, and learned to use them proficiently, but the need to make everything an MBG in Tri felt kind of lame- taking what was supposed to be a depth adding feature and instead creating a situation of meaningful min-maxing.)
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 5:00 am

Paralykeet wrote:
Sir Tristen wrote:

I've noticed that the overall quality of the LR armor skills is less polarized than in Tri (probably to emphasize the power of armor skills in Hi and G.) So I'm not really sure about making any Lo+ armor to compliment the Hi and G sets later on. For the most part I just got BM sets for Jaggi, Gobul and Volvidon and have been thoroghly smashing LR ('I'm currently farming Diablos before I move on to the final leg of the Village story.) I think the most interesting change I've noticed is the massive improvement to Barrioth (which may have come in MHP3rd, but I wouldn't know.) Specifically, Barrioth is no longer cold to the "roll into him" strategy, which makes the Arena quest significantly more challenging than it previously was. He finally feels more comparable to Narga and Tigrex.

EDIT: I'm also enjoying how much more aggressive Rathalos is- It feels like much less of a waiting game for him to get exhausted or stop flying.

Also, the Rathian HBG has me itching to make a gunner set, something I only did in Arena quests when I played Tri (I had HR gun sets, and learned to use them proficiently, but the need to make everything an MBG in Tri felt kind of lame- taking what was supposed to be a depth adding feature and instead creating a situation of meaningful min-maxing.)

Errrr uhhh wutttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Didn't do the arena quest solo but the general rolling into him is still a very viable and useful strategy.

Narga: Fast but TINY and i mean TINY hitboxes for everything but the tail slam which has a massive tell.
Tigrex: U A DEER IN HEADLIGHTS!!!!
barioth just does its own thing. I mean it has a range, it isn't exactly a panther like narga nor a truck like tiggy.......... which already seperates it from the two.

Overall sets tend to be at a much lower quality than they were in p3rd or tri. Which is sad (disregarding G rank of course since there's no basis for comparison)
Back to top Go down
Paralykeet
Melynx
Paralykeet

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 6:34 am

haruno wrote:
Paralykeet wrote:
Sir Tristen wrote:

Errrr uhhh wutttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Didn't do the arena quest solo but the general rolling into him is still a very viable and useful strategy.

Narga: Fast but TINY and i mean TINY hitboxes for everything but the tail slam which has a massive tell.
Tigrex: U A DEER IN HEADLIGHTS!!!!
barioth just does its own thing. I mean it has a range, it isn't exactly a panther like narga nor a truck like tiggy.......... which already seperates it from the two.

Overall sets tend to be at a much lower quality than they were in p3rd or tri. Which is sad (disregarding G rank of course since there's no basis for comparison)

You're overthinking the statement far too much. Narga is derivative of Tigrex, and Barrioth is derivative of Narga (and Tigrex is partly derivative of Diablos.) They aren't pallet swaps, but they all have similar models and behaviors- and that's mostly intentional. The issue in Tri was that Barrioth's pattern was very easy to catch and it couldn't do anything when you rolled into it. In TriU, Barrioth's movement is far less predictable and the liberal use of the shoulder smash makes it difficult to set up camp underneath it's chin. It simply feels nicer to have a Tigrex-variant that feels more like Tigrex in that it's tougher to predict than Barrioth circa Tri.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 1:25 pm

TIgers and panthers are two entirely different species.....................................................
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 2:06 pm

haruno wrote:
TIgers and panthers are two entirely different species.....................................................
Tiger, Panter, and Saber tooth.
Tiger: Big angry cat
Panther: Big angry cat
Saber tooth: Big angry cat.

That seems pretty similar to me XD

They are different kinds of cats, but in the end, they are just dead meat Big Old Cats.
Back to top Go down
Sir Tristen
Aptonoth
Sir Tristen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 8:24 pm

[quote="haruno"]
Paralykeet wrote:

Yeah, I've had no real desire to forge armor. Got the Jaggi gunner armor and the Ingot gunnor armor, and those got me through Ceadeus. I considered volvidon gunner, but . . .meh.

After fighting the purple luderoth as a segway into high rank, lets just say I need new armor :P
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 10:44 pm

aside from barrot having more recovery time and barioth zig zag move being replaced by a hip check cause the sig zag is tredemarked by narga?

well yes, uragan has now poison and dung color attacks instead of the red fire and white sleep

Last edited by Lalo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 11:07 pm

Rathalos' fireballs are now logistically shot, so you gotta be extra careful where you evade.
Back to top Go down
Vincent
Aptonoth
Vincent

Thank you Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:25 am

I don't care about what has changed, all I care about is having Dual Swords and Bows back.

=]
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:28 am

In area 1 of the Sandy Plains, you can see a herd of parade floats off in the distance.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 9:57 am

haruno wrote:

panther.... isnt even a species =/ it's a genus.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 10:11 am

OMG!!! What's changed?!!!! Now it says, "ULTIMATE" after Manater Hunter 3!

Quite a lot of changes, I think my favorite on is being able to check the farm while at port.
Back to top Go down
Crystaelis
Aptonoth
Crystaelis

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 11:15 am

Main thing I noticed is that Rathian seems to have rather small hit boxes...

Along with the fact that most LR monsters are absolute jokes, with only a few exceptions; namely, Rathalos and Ceadeus (to an extent).

I did come mostly straight from Unite, so my view on the damage I take is a bit biased.
Back to top Go down
Esham
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 4:10 pm

Armor skills have changed a bunch. I went Peco to start and was sad to not have evasion to carry me through the game.

New elements to weapons that didn't really have them before (early i should say).

I really like being able to eat when you have a quest selected though. And being able to setup your farm/fishing fleet from the multiplayer port.
Back to top Go down
Hawkfriend
Jaggi
Hawkfriend

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 4:27 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Quite a lot of changes, I think my favorite on is being able to check the farm while at port.

Esham wrote:

New elements to weapons that didn't really have them before (early i should say).

I really like being able to eat when you have a quest selected though. And being able to setup your farm/fishing fleet from the multiplayer port.

^These are the best changes IMO. I really like having the new weapons back. I honestly think the LR monsters were too weak, but Meh... The game is still fun. :D
Back to top Go down
Paralykeet
Melynx
Paralykeet

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Crystaelis wrote:
Main thing I noticed is that Rathian seems to have rather small hit boxes...

Along with the fact that most LR monsters are absolute jokes, with only a few exceptions; namely, Rathalos and Ceadeus (to an extent).

I did come mostly straight from Unite, so my view on the damage I take is a bit biased.

Los is enjoyably more violent- more akin to the changes to Rathian for MHTri. The monster I had the most trouble with in LR was actually Duramboros- but I think that's mostly chalked to how low your ATK is until you unlock the quests after it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Tristen
Aptonoth
Sir Tristen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 9:50 pm

Hawkfriend wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

Esham wrote:

^These are the best changes IMO. I really like having the new weapons back. I honestly think the LR monsters were too weak, but Meh... The game is still fun. :D

I think those changes are awesome as well. I gotta say, though, the farm is a lot harder to use unless you spend some quality time in moga woods. For those who want to spend all their time online, resources will be scarce. Unless someone has found out how to get decent resources out of fishing . . .

I guess you could spend copious hours mining for charms and convert your ore for resources. I always horded my ore in Tri, cuz it always seemed to be needed for something.
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx
Anonymin

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS/WiiU

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 10:46 pm

Sir Tristen wrote:
For those who want to spend all their time online, resources will be scarce. Unless someone has found out how to get decent resources out of fishing . . .

Lava nuggets. I think I got them from uragaan and agnaktor? Anyway, they give 1.5k reasources and I had quite a few, so now I'm at 24k reasources for maybe 3 or 4 volcano hunts.
Back to top Go down
Sir Tristen
Aptonoth
Sir Tristen

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 10:51 pm

Anonymin wrote:
Sir Tristen wrote:
For those who want to spend all their time online, resources will be scarce. Unless someone has found out how to get decent resources out of fishing . . .

Lava nuggets. I think I got them from uragaan and agnaktor? Anyway, they give 1.5k reasources and I had quite a few, so now I'm at 24k reasources for maybe 3 or 4 volcano hunts.

Lava nuggets eh? Thanks for the insight! Are those high rank or low rank? I know that Duramboros humps give 1.5k resources as well, but not until you are on high rank village, and I don't really have a lot of desire at current to farm Duram, but Uragann and Agnaktor are on my list . . .
Back to top Go down
Paralykeet
Melynx
Paralykeet

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 3:14 am

Sir Tristen wrote:
Anonymin wrote:
Sir Tristen wrote:

Lava nuggets eh? Thanks for the insight! Are those high rank or low rank? I know that Duramboros humps give 1.5k resources as well, but not until you are on high rank village, and I don't really have a lot of desire at current to farm Duram, but Uragann and Agnaktor are on my list . . .

If hunting Agnaktors into ad nauseum is a problem you could also do the R. Ludroth cap quest with Capture Guru on and collect Quality Sponges, which provide 1k Res a piece. Capturing Lagiacrus and Rathian in the LR Moga Woods also provides a solid boost in Res for comparatively little work (since farming Thunderbugs and picking up Spider Webs are something you should be doing anyway..) If you have issues with Tranq Bombs, sometimes Granny sells Bomb Casings- which you can buy en masse (assuming you still need your Iron Ingots or can't farm Sap Plants.) Traps should never be an issue though because you can get them from the Argosy Captain for commodity items which you get from hunting in Moga Woods (in the early game this is how I got the bulk of my Pitfall Traps, as farming Thunderbugs was less out-of-my-way than going to the Moga Woods to pick up Spider Webs

It requires a little more maintenance, simply because you can't go infinite with your fishing vessels- but it's easily a fair trade for Tavern quests counting towards your farm clock, and being able to operate your farm from the Tavern.
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 9:39 am

[quote="Sir Tristen"]
haruno wrote:
Paralykeet wrote:

Yeah, I've had no real desire to forge armor. Got the Jaggi gunner armor and the Ingot gunnor armor, and those got me through Ceadeus. I considered volvidon gunner, but . . .meh.

After fighting the purple luderoth as a segway into high rank, lets just say I need new armor :P

I have to recommend Volvidon Armor for the Brute Wyverrns though. The Rangu set was a fave of mine on Portble 3rd and it's very reliable in Tri Ultimate for the big ones. Especially for creatures that make the ground shake, like Uragaan (In fact I owned Uragaan with Volvidon set and dual Nox Blades.), you can get more attacks in because you're not always getting imbalanced by the quakes.

I have to say the big thing I've noticed is how much more aggressive Cha Cha is. Compared to Tri where he was absolutely useless and his attacks were rather weak until I got the False Felyne Mask for him, he has stunned and even killed monsters for me along with Kayamba.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:58 pm

[quote="Roon"]
Sir Tristen wrote:
haruno wrote:
Paralykeet wrote:

I have to recommend Volvidon Armor for the Brute Wyverrns though. The Rangu set was a fave of mine on Portble 3rd and it's very reliable in Tri Ultimate for the big ones. Especially for creatures that make the ground shake, like Uragaan (In fact I owned Uragaan with Volvidon set and dual Nox Blades.), you can get more attacks in because you're not always getting imbalanced by the quakes.

I have to say the big thing I've noticed is how much more aggressive Cha Cha is. Compared to Tri where he was absolutely useless and his attacks were rather weak until I got the False Felyne Mask for him, he has stunned and even killed monsters for me along with Kayamba.

Funny thing, chacha actually stole the killing blow for my first MH3U lagi...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 1:57 pm

First of all omg guys you have a lot of free time hahahah im still working on my 3 star village quests, and haven't even completed all of 2 star quest.
And yea monsters area a loooooooot weaker, i played the hell out fo the demo and i just loved the dual swords, used them a litte bit on monster hunter f2 and hunite but i just decided that those will be my starting weapon along with the bows.
So i just upgraded the jaggi ones like 2 times (made the fork ones for the lolz), but omg i get all my mega potions, potions, etc etc.
5 min later "TA TA RARA PARA PARA RA RA RAAAA POOOM" QUEST COMPLEATED.
I was thinking omg dual swords own but now i think capcom made it that way so new players don't get angry and kept on playing until the game gets hard.
So now even if you messed up you won't wet 2 hit killed by any monsters, heck you even have a 50 def head start.

I think it's nice for good players, for veterans like us well you can just jump to the marine ones and play naked with dull weapons so you can get a challenge go hit them with a stick! i remember going hunting with rusted weapons and people was like wtf hahahha

I don't like much the night cicles changes made optionals, i was wondering when does night come in this game? well i gess im still early in games to have te power to make the sun go down, where is an ocarina when you need it???
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:32 pm

Hitboxes, they seem fixed imo
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Differences Have You Noticed?   What Differences Have You Noticed? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Differences Have You Noticed?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next