Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
goldbeard ceadeus help Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
goldbeard ceadeus help Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

goldbeard ceadeus help

Go down 
+5
Sephastus
Amnesty
Antari18
Sai_
enemy61390
9 posters
AuthorMessage
enemy61390
Felyne
enemy61390

Thank you Points : 0

goldbeard ceadeus help Empty
PostSubject: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:53 pm

im about to fight him for the first time, i cleared the offline ceadeus in 9 minutes with the dios lance, however seeing as to i have to kill the goldbeard, im wondering what his elemental weaknesses are. checked the wiki saw only dragon, im lacking in that department. if someone could post his secondary and even tertiary elemental weaknesses itd be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 7:01 pm

Thunder then fire.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 7:15 pm

What about slime? Dios lance will do?
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Slime isn't an element.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 8:06 pm

Yeah it's not. So it's useless then? I thought someone test it earlier but no problem. On weekend i should reach that urgent so i check it myself and write here my impression.

Last edited by Antari18 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 8:10 pm

Slime is versatile because it does about the same damage as element, but works on all monsters. Slime is good for breaking parts but not cutting tails.
Back to top Go down
Amnesty
Bnahabra
Amnesty

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Gold beard is a cake walk, Me and a friend with green sharpness dual swords, think snow slicers? did him in 25 minutes, just use dragonator, and ballistas, you have 50 min aswell!
Back to top Go down
enemy61390
Felyne
enemy61390

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 10:59 pm

just finished him twice. me and a friend managed it in 20 mins, me using dios lance and him using the zinogre lance, both using zinogre armor, with 2 dragonator hits. broke eveything. really not too tough, but his waterbeam took about 3/4 of my health with a max potion. definately a 1 hko w/o one.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 1:51 pm

Finally got to Goldbeard and he just annihilate me. I used dragonator 2 times, broke 2 horns. I was using rare6 Zinogre lance and high rank volvidon with AuL, Guard+1, Evade+1 and tremor proof. Also got 350 def. This fight is just really hard without G rank armor.

His waterbeam, when he swim upwards and shot it from the distance is impossible to dodge or block and it's OHKO. Died 3 times because of this bs. For one player it's way too hard than it should be for a urgent.

I'll try one more time today but i don't think i'm gonna kill it. They should make it at least repel for a urgent >_<

Anyone knows how to dodge waterbeam? Any tips?
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:06 pm

Haven't gotten to Goldbeard personally, but if he always goes to the top before he does his beam, why not just fight him up there? Then get behind him when he gets ready to do the beam.

If you fight him down near the dragonators and such, just be ready to put away your weapon and run up there.

Again, haven't gotten to him, so my advice is supposition.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:24 pm

My brother and I fought him the other night. We both had Dios DS, and we killed him in 20 minutes. His water attacks are very devestating, but if you can dash to the side, you'll be okay. When he swims to the top, what I did was swim as fast as I could perpendicular to where he would sweep his water beem. (Am I making myself clear?)
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Yeah if it only was so easy. He's goin long way up before he do his waterbeam, not to mention he's 3 times faster than normal Deus.

Found out that some people use farcaster to avoid waterbeam but i dunno. I kinda pisses me off because i need to farm it a lot for his armor...

And again, Goldbeard may be easy for you playin with other person, but for one player is pretty hard.
Back to top Go down
Snagglux
Seltas

Thank you Points : 38

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:39 pm

Get rid of the Volvidon armour and get something with at least SOME water resistance. That hydro pump hardly takes me to half-health in Agna U, the fact that you're getting one-shot by it just doesn't sound possible to me.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 4:56 pm

Let's just say that "hydro pump" leaves me at heroics range...

But it's ok now. Somehow i managed to kill this goldenbeard bastard Yes by vort Got lucky because he didn't do that move lol now farming for Helios Z armor. Getting those gems will be a pain...
Back to top Go down
Xzen
Kelbi
Xzen

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 5:22 pm

I'm in Narga Armor which is only high rank and my friends and I can beat him in about 13 mins. Also I don't take too much damage from his water beam. When you start beat on him until his underbelly glows red. Swim quickly to the Dragonator. He will swim and line himself up with it perfectly. After that use up all the UW balista ammo. Then beat on him until Dragonator is ready and his underbelly is red again. The 2nd dragonator hit should kill him or he should be close. Single player you might have to hit him with it a third time maybe? Depends on how much damage you can dish out.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 5:34 pm

Xzen wrote:
I'm in Narga Armor which is only high rank and my friends and I can beat him in about 13 mins. Also I don't take too much damage from his water beam. When you start beat on him until his underbelly glows red. Swim quickly to the Dragonator. He will swim and line himself up with it perfectly. After that use up all the UW balista ammo. Then beat on him until Dragonator is ready and his underbelly is red again. The 2nd dragonator hit should kill him or he should be close. Single player you might have to hit him with it a third time maybe? Depends on how much damage you can dish out.

I did it with low rank volvidon armor, the hydro cannon 1HKO me when I was 100HP but with food (140HP) I survived it with a little HP. I don't think you need more than two dragonators
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 6:05 pm

Yeah, i beat it alone in 20 minutes with 2 dragonators. But like i said, i was lucky that he didn't watercanon me even once.
Back to top Go down
enemy61390
Felyne
enemy61390

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:15 pm

So i intend on farmin this guy, and my runs are from 18-22 minutes. I should be happy with this, but with my luck i know its going to take me probably 100+ runs for dark dragongems....so it begs the question, which weapon would be faster (deals more damage) dios lance + or should i upgrade my rusted lance into the undertaker or w/e the final form is?

If someone could simply point me in the direction of a damage calculator, it'd be greatly appreciated. If its a FAQ in which i have to do math of any sorts with factors (such as Lord Grahf's damage faq), then im simply screwed. terrible at math.

Last edited by enemy61390 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:31 pm

After third Goldbeard i managed to get dark dragongem and deep dragongem somehow. Guess i'm lucky, but still i need one more to finish set :/ I think you should try Zinogre lance, but i dunno if it will be faster or not, all weapons you mention above have common results i guess. Hovever keep in mind that mining for rusted lance can take some time, which you could invest in farming those gems. Anyway my best run was 19 min, but i also have AuL on my set, so i really don't know what's best for you.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:40 pm

I managed to get a deep dragongem on my first run. My brother got lucky and got a dark dragongem on that same run, as well as a deep dragongem. Fortunately, I'm not trying to make any helios armor atm. I want to make either lacent Narg armor, or abyss lagi armor.
Back to top Go down
enemy61390
Felyne
enemy61390

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 2:49 pm

well i just bowed him for the first time using plesi armor and baleful giggi coat. gemmed it for fastcharge. The results, 35 minute fight, lots of healing aids, 10 nulberries, 85 power coatings, broken tail,horns,beard,hood, and a lot of frustration later. I have my first dark dragongem. Bowing him is tough, i may just be rusty. On a good sidenote, i did find out both horns are bustible, i diod not know this before, i figured he was like reg ceadeus in that it only breaks once. Or did they change him in this version to both horns bustable as well?
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Normal Deus is pretty much the same as it was in Tri. Only one horn is breakable.

Btw i found out few solutions for this upward waterbeam of Goldbeard.

1) Use farcaster when he starts doing it (in the camp you can get additional 2 so it's like 3 chances per run).

2) When he starts doing it, lock on him and start swimming to the right. When he shot it use immediately dash to the right. This saved my ass few times but it's not always working (probably because my timing wasn't right). But if you succed - you get no dmg.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: goldbeard ceadeus help   goldbeard ceadeus help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

goldbeard ceadeus help
Page 1 of 1