Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lots of Jerks lately Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lots of Jerks lately Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lots of Jerks lately

Go down 
+5
Sai_
Phazon Xenomorph
Ataraxia
Yamatsu
MHAEL
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MHAEL
Aptonoth
MHAEL

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Lots of Jerks lately Empty
PostSubject: Lots of Jerks lately   Lots of Jerks lately Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 6:05 pm

I have been really impressed with the MH community overall.

I ran into a slew of jerks yesterday

1) I waited 5-10 minutes for a hunt to finish to join in.... I said hi when I came in and was friendly - and they said hi. When they were done the host said, "bye" and closed the channel. Why didn't they say, "last hunt."
PS: Why the hell does the whole group disconnect because the leader leaves? This has to be dumbest thing MH3U has in online mode.

2) I am tired of going into I.Lag farms or Brach farms... where the NAME OF THE GROUP IS: Lag Farm - Lagiacrus. You join in... wait for them to get back and they post... Uragaan. So freakin rude.

3) as a host - tell everyone when you are going to leave so we can jump out first... so tired of getting disconnected from network mode rather than returned to the lobby. Man capcom sucks with this stuff right now. Any patches in the foreseeable future?

What is going on? I got like 3 of these yesterday. Wasted so much of my time.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Jerks lately   Lots of Jerks lately Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 6:17 pm

/keystrokes

The MH community outside of the dedicated people (on forums and such) can be a bit unpleasant... Joining random games you will meet nice people sometimes, and not so nice people other times. Main problem with hopping into random games is that they're usually disorganised. Try to set up hunts with people here.

Only patch I know of that's coming is the one to add cross-region play. I don't have the wii U version though so don't know anything else about whether or not it's going to change anything.
Also next time use whaambalance for rage venting ;)

Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Jerks lately   Lots of Jerks lately Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 7:42 pm

Maybe its me having a lesser expectation of people online, but why is 1. rude? They took the time to say goodbye so...
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Jerks lately   Lots of Jerks lately Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 7:53 pm

People will always be rude (I'm surprised at hearing this about their network though...so unlike in Tri, Tri U boots you from the online mode completely if the host leaves?)
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Jerks lately   Lots of Jerks lately Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:24 pm

Lol bro this is all on you. You can do this all in offline port tanzia so I don't see why you complain about online when you clearly have the choice to play offline. I agree that the community outside of dedicated forums can be inauspicious but for you to say you wasted your time on these jerks when you can man up and solo in offline mode is just silly.

This is why you come to the chatbox; many people are there and the zenith of your success in cooperative play is here at the forum. I dont trust randoms and I suggest you dont play with them either
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Jerks lately   Lots of Jerks lately Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:48 pm

It really boots you completely when the host leaves?

Should be patched imo.
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra
Tirith

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Jerks lately   Lots of Jerks lately Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 12:52 am

yes, it boots you to offline port tanzia, it's a minor inconvenience... a minute or 2 and you're online again looking for a new group.
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Jerks lately   Lots of Jerks lately Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:04 am

It's certainly the worst part of Network Mode - host leaves, you get disconnected.

Reconnecting is pretty quick, though. Once you connect the first time per session, any reconnect bypasses all the "keep your information private" warnings and goes straight to World selection.

Still quite annoying, as you don't get a chance to send guild cards/friend requests before the disconnect. Really needs a patch to either boot you back to the lobby, or better reassign the host.

As for the OP's point #2 (quest != room target), that was common in Tri as well. Sometimes a team gets together, hunts the target for awhile, then takes a break to hunt something else. Or the objective is met (finished armor set or weapon), but the team likes playing together, so they continue hunting other monsters. And because of the host disconnect issue, leaving the room to start a new room with a new target with the same hunters is a huge hassle.

The proper etiquette in this case would be to at least inform any newcomers to the room if the target has changed temporarily or permanently. If you are the newcomer, you can ask if the team plans on returning to the target, then stay or go depending on the answer.

Might be time for someone to write an etiquette guide and post it to GameFaqs. Could cut down on some of the perceived rudeness.
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra
Tirith

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Jerks lately   Lots of Jerks lately Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 5:34 am

it would be nice if the room would simply switch to a new host, or let the host assign someone else before s/he leaves.
it would also be nice if you could change the room options while you are in the room <name/target/passworded?> i've never tried to use pw, maybe it can be changed from in the room.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Jerks lately   Lots of Jerks lately Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 12:16 pm

Tirith wrote:
yes, it boots you to offline port tanzia, it's a minor inconvenience... a minute or 2 and you're online again looking for a new group.

Ah, only to port tanzia offline..?

That's fine then, I guess. I was assuming it booted you to the village or even the main screen (like tri when you dc'ed).
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Jerks lately   Lots of Jerks lately Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 12:46 pm

Unfortunatley, this is how a lot of communities are. If your looking for organized group hunts, I recommend looking here on the forums for help. The people on here are super nice and always helpful.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
MHAEL
Aptonoth
MHAEL

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Jerks lately   Lots of Jerks lately Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 3:30 pm

Yeah the channel leader should just move to the next guy in line if the leader leaves the channel or disconnects.

I have had a few great groups and then the leader leaves and we all go our separate ways. I hope this gets patched.

I do want to play with some people from this forum. I know I would learn a lot. I had a strong team in MH3 Tri that taught me a LOT like how to hammer, and how to use SA combos and where to stand on monsters when playing with a good hammerer etc....

Right now I am HR6 (I have my urgent - need to do that) and I have full set of Helios Z with sharpness +1, evasion +1, HG Earplugs and water+1 and a Ceeded Axe. Starting to work on other weapons/armors now for diff mobs etc...
name is M'Hael.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lots of Jerks lately   Lots of Jerks lately Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lots of Jerks lately
Page 1 of 1