Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in?

Go down 
+4
Sephastus
Sai_
Yuki
Hiname
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hiname
Kelbi
Hiname

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Germany

Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in? Empty
PostSubject: Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in?   Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 8:59 am

Hello and good day everyone.

I have a, hopefully, fairly simpel question.

Right now, I am on my "epic" quest to capture at least one of every kind during the night hunt in the moga woods. My hunting report right now stands at 22k points and is still growing, as Rathalos and a few others still have to show their faces.

But I noticed last time that the reward screen is always the same size, no matter how much you kill or how many points you gather up.

So, is it better to pile up as many points as you can? Capturing everything that is big, slaughtering everything that is small, for high kill scores and points in the end, or just go out, kill/capture your stuff for the night and then turn in right away?
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in?   Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 9:47 am

I tend to turn in just to have resource points for my farm. Also see if I got any rare materials along the way to plan my trades ahead for the argosy captain.

I say do what you want it's your game. You really are not doing any harm as long as you are having fun doing what you want.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in?   Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 9:59 am

I'm not sure if you're asking how to get more resource points, but if you are, go kill some high rank Steel Uragaan. Try to get as many Lava Nuggets because they are worth 1500 points, and they usually come in bulks of 3 or 5 in rewards screen.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in?   Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:03 am

Hunt in Moga woods to get rare trades, or to have some non-stress fun.

You get better points from converting monster parts, and you get better rewards from quests.
Back to top Go down
Hiname
Kelbi
Hiname

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in?   Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:03 am

Well, decided to just urn in now and come back later for the whole thing when I have everything unlocked. And, just because I felt like it, here are the results.

3 Great Jaggi
4 Quropeco
1 Rathian
2 Arzuros
6 Crimson Curopeco
1 Pink Rathian
1 Barroth
2 Purple Ludroth
1 Great Wroggi
2 Volvidon
1 Gobul
1 Plesioth
1 Lagiacrus
1 Duamboros
2 uragaan
1 Zinogre
2 Nargacuga

19 Bnahabra
19 Altaroth
4 Aptonoth
4 Gigi
5 Fish
3 Epioth
7 Jaggi
3 Jaggia
9 Ludroth
52 Wroggi
32 Baggi
47 Bullfango

19 Pittance Fang
3 Savory Bear Paw
3 Glossy Scale
14 Whetfish
14 Sushifish
16 Dust of Life
9 peco Pipes
29 Pink Liver
56 Curved Fang
13 Fish Finder
1 Mega Armorskin
3 Mooncatcher Fang
4 Thick Skull
36 Bulky Pelt
1 Goldmine Fang
1 Quality Mud Pack
2 Dung
2 Raw Meat
2 Nargacuga Eye
3 Beautiful Scale
7 Power Paddle
2 Lightcrystal
1 Tender Liver
9 Wyverngold
6 Shroom Germ
1 Perfect paddle
12 Funky Pheromones
1 Platinum Needle
3 Excellent Fang
2 Bag of Z's

Somehow I feel like the reards feel a litle off for the amount of stuff killed... but I'll come back eventually for more.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in?   Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:15 am

Woah, you mean, you never turned your hunts in? I did that in Tri for a bit only cause I didn't know to do it...
Back to top Go down
Hiname
Kelbi
Hiname

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in?   Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:20 am

Yes, that.. was the entire point of my posting. *laughs*

If there is any benefit on hoarding the points for more valuable rewards.
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in?   Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Putting off reporting doesn't get you any better rewards, so I don't really reccomend doing it. Some people voice their suspicions that it actually decreases the amount of rewards you get if you wait, but I don't have any confirmation of that.
Back to top Go down
Grossmond
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in?   Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 7:43 pm

I was actually testing something out as of late and in my opinion it is best to hoard up a bit on kills. I noticed that if I cap or kill mobs I know give certain rare trade items and I just kill or cap 1 then turn in the hunts I don't always get the item. Though a couple times now i've capped/killed 1 or 2 then killed a whole bunch of other stuff and had a really nice turn in and made out with several rare items.

My most interseting turn in I had 1 Ian cap and 1 Ian kill, then several Roy Lud kills, Peco kills, and a bunch of G. Jaggi. Ended up with 4 of the rare trade items amongst other rare trade items even though I only had the 2 Ians. Then went and capped 1 Ian and turned in and only got some junk like raw meat.

So I plan to save from now on to at least a dozen kills/caps.
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in?   Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 5:33 am

The rewards is because of RNG shenanigans, not because of any preset code. For each small and large monster kill, you get something like a 30% chance of each of their up to three items that appear (with captures boosting large monster chances by +5% for each one). Wish I had the charts that showed them, but I didn't think I'd need to save them... oh well. Anyways, it'd be hard to tell either way without a LOT of testing whether or not it makes a difference or not. You just get the rewards for more of them at one time turning them all in at once. That doesn't mean you didn't get nothing the first big monster, and then the second one gave you two of it's trade items due to it being an option, and so on. Just turning them in as you get them is fine, but there is no harm in waiting.
Really the best times to head into the woods is to kill ludroths for paddles, and bullfango are easy points and give good trade items (as well as the chance for a 1* trade item each). Other than that, I can't think of too many good signals to go out besides the high point monsters being in the forecast since they spawn less compared to the others it seems.
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

PostSubject: Re: Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in?   Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:55 pm

thought I had about this yesterday, how many monsters would it take to fill the rewards box when you go to claim?

I had a bit of a play with this in Tri and got the box close to full after a big free hunt, with the extra monsters in MH3U I suspect you could fill the box much easier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in?   Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free Hunting at night. Saving up or turn in?
Page 1 of 1