Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
And people wonder why I hate kids.. - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
And people wonder why I hate kids.. - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

And people wonder why I hate kids..

Go down 
+18
Roon
Phazon Xenomorph
RDC
Ataraxia
MHAEL
Andy124
PAiN---
haruno
Ares
dcj91x
Archie
Martoboyo
Yamatsu
Yuki
Oni Zelkami
Antari18
zeek
Hiname
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hiname
Kelbi
Hiname

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Germany

And people wonder why I hate kids.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:53 am

First topic message reminder :

A little bit of context.

Yesterday a friend of mine and her child paid me a visit because they haven't "seen me in forever". Now thats generally not a big deal, though she insisted to bring her brat along.. a small boy by the age of.. something between 8-10 perhaps.

And since that little *beep* appearently could not bare the fact that his mother was not paying attention to him 24/7, he was making his best effort to change that. So eventually ma friend asks m, if "I would let him play with one of my nintendos".. I politely tell her thatmy currently only game for the console is monster hunter and that it's not exactly for kids. She laughs and tells me that it is fine, "it's not like they're real or something."...

So me, not being the person to talk into how other people raise their kids, fire the console up. I try my very best to keep a friendly face. I create a new character with him, explain the basic controls and then leave him to it. We're still in thee same room just a few large steps away, after all.

I excuse myself ~2 hours later to prepare dinner. My friend offers me to help, but I decline and tell her that it is fine, I prepared most of it beforehand and it's just a few minutes of work to get it together and put it in the oven.

After they leave in the evening, finally I must say, as Im somewhat of an introvert who can't be in company of others for too long without needing a break, I sit down, take a break and fire up MH for myself.

Only to find my game save gone.

Replaced by a new character.

My female archer, 350 hours game time down, replaced by an utterly hideous, male character with a big greatsword.
Mind you, the game save I made for the little *beep* is still there.

So I grab my phone and send my friend a text, very politely asking if she saw what happened there.

She calls me back and after a few words then asks her son, out loud so I can hear it myself on the phone why he did this.
Let me quote for you, word for word, how this conversation went down.

Friend: When you were playing at Akki's place, did you do something to her game?
Kid: Hmhm. I made her a new character.
Friend: And why did you do this?
Kid: 'cuz bows are stupid and girls can't hunt dragons!

I never wanted to strangle someone that badly.

Needless to say, She doesn't even consider punishing him for anything. Because "he hassn't done anything worth punishing him for, he thought he'd do you a favor."

I might b overreacting here, but Im still possitively boiling with rage and hope I'll ever get my hands on one of this little shits memory cards for his consoles.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Skinsword
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:33 am

My best friend had 700+ hours on his MHFU before his girlfriend accidentally corrupted his memory card with illegally downloaded virus infected Japanese games. He is normally a calm person and to say that he flipped ballistic shit when he found out would be an understatement.

He eventually moved on but that unfortunate event is still talked about to this day. I asked my ex how she felt about it and she told me that my friend's gf is "a stupid bitch" and that if she (my gf) ever did something that stupid, she deserved to be yelled at.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:53 am

Good grief xD I understand getting a little mad but holy shit it's just a game. I know we put in hundreds of hours in to it but no reason to lose your head over it. When I say your I mean in general xD
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:51 pm

That's gotta hurt, although, the more time you spent playing video games doesn't mean it should hurt more when it gets erased. After all, as RDC already pointed out, it's just a game. A game that you spend too much time on just because of the enjoyment. Sure it's good to have fun every now and then, but the more time you spend playing it, the less time you spend actually doing what will eventually help you out in the long run with getting a job and things like that. I'm not saying you weren't doing this before, but I'm speaking more from personal experience. Video games have gotten in the way of too many other things for me, even if I don't play them all that much. If some data of mine got deleted, I'd just try to forget about it and maybe even move on.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:43 pm

E&Troy wrote:
That's gotta hurt, although, the more time you spent playing video games doesn't mean it should hurt more when it gets erased. After all, as RDC already pointed out, it's just a game. A game that you spend too much time on just because of the enjoyment. Sure it's good to have fun every now and then, but the more time you spend playing it, the less time you spend actually doing what will eventually help you out in the long run with getting a job and things like that. I'm not saying you weren't doing this before, but I'm speaking more from personal experience. Video games have gotten in the way of too many other things for me, even if I don't play them all that much. If some data of mine got deleted, I'd just try to forget about it and maybe even move on.

that's kinda why you play games and related junk when you don't have those responsibilities to do. don't be an addict about it just play your stuff when you have the free time and it's an option of how to spend it.

and while I agree mostly with RDC and the 'it's just a game' lecture we've heard since we've started playing games, i still feel there's an impact it has one you that's justified. I remember when I had my 2 pokemon files erased. the 2 files that I started really focusing on the metagame and invested alot of time making the best pokemon and sturdy teams. It was rather sad to know that all that time & effort I put into it was just gone by someones stupid mistake, especially since I was panning to do a few tourneys with some of those sets. it being more hurtful that pokemon has sentimental value to me. But still, I got over it and now was just more motivated to get back my data the ol' fashioned way of playing thru the entire game again. "if you did it once you can certainly do it again".

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:59 pm

@ RDC: "JUST" a game? HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!

@ Yuki: If you use to be a naughty naughty child.... What are you now?

@ dcj: perv...

@ everyone else: PLAY MORE MH!!!!

I had a friend text message me this weekend.. it went like this:

Friend: You're going to hate me.. I lost my save data so on 3U so now I have to start all over.

Me: How did you lose it? And I wouldn't hate you, not unless you lost mine ;)

Friend: I thought my game pad had went off while transfering my data and I hit the power button to turn it back on.. I turned it off instead and it erased the data on both systems.

Friend: Man I suck

Me: Nah, it happens. Now you just know what to do and what not to do when you restart your game.

Friend: All that hard work though and stuff..

Me: You'll get it back, besides, it's about playing and having fun.. Now you get the chance to do it twice as much!

Friend: Yea Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 6:09 pm

dcj91x wrote:

@ Yuki: If you use to be a naughty naughty child.... What are you now?

Apparently only Dcjaja doesn't know that yuki is....
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:19 pm

OK, share another story time, but inverted...

Back in the day, I was into the Carmen Sandiego games. We get the most recent one, and my mom goes to install the game. And accidently formats the entire hard drive.

To this day, this was the ONLY time I've ever heard my mom swear. And if you know when the Carmen Sandiego games were big, you can understand why this is amazing in its own right.

My dad's a CS prof, so he knew people who could recover the drive state. No damage done at the end.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:19 pm

.... Umm nice story.. This is still technically the mh3u section. Back on track (insert train picture here.)
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:46 pm

Ask and thou shalt recievith

Spoiler:

On topic-ish. Why is this in the MH section anyways? this seems moreso like it's just about data loss-ish in general
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And people wonder why I hate kids..   And people wonder why I hate kids.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And people wonder why I hate kids..
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2