Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Charm sniping Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Charm sniping Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Charm sniping

Go down 
+2
aninymouse
Antari18
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Charm sniping Empty
PostSubject: Charm sniping   Charm sniping Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 7:48 pm

Anyone tried it yet? I spent whole day trying to get Handicraft+5, KO+4 (2712) tali. No luck...

I got 2711 and 2713 many times which pisses me off as hell. Gonna try it tomorow but if fail i'll probably abandon it.

The problem is that there are so many changing factors that it's still based on luck. I know, i know it narrows it down to 1/200 etc. but kelbi and cats screw RN, so even though you're doing everythin exacly same as previous turn you still got different numbers, sometimes even 100 more than before... added to the fact that some turns i get no enduring charms it's really soul hurting process.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
aninymouse
Jaggi
aninymouse

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Charm sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charm sniping   Charm sniping Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:38 pm

I wish i had a charm with more than +5 power coating, but at some point you just have to play the game. You might never achieve everything there is to do, or acquire all there is to get, but is that so bad? This isn't like Zelda where everyone has more or less the same result, or like Mario where it doesn't matter... In monster hunter, everyone plays differently and has a different experience. Over and over and over and over and over again :p
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Charm sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charm sniping   Charm sniping Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 10:13 am

Antari... exactly how are you doing it? Just reading what you posted it doesn't sou nd like you are doing it completely correct but I could be wrong.

My personal thoughts though. Charm sniping is a bit of a waste, you spend many... many hours trying to find one charm and ditching hundreds of others (even if they are pretty good ones) and resetting your game. When you could spend that time mining or hunting which basically gets you carves, other charms, and a lot of money or stuff to sell and likely the chram you are looking for or one close to it anyways. To me the songle benifit of charm sniping does not outweigh the loss unless.. well you have nothing better to do with days and days of play time... like go out side or get a job you lazy bumb... (dcj91x shivers)
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

Charm sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charm sniping   Charm sniping Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 5:23 pm

I have tried charm sniping but getting the exact RNG is pretty damn hard. I sometimes get 100 to 1,000 RNG points above or below my desired RNG destination. This method is just unsatisfactory and I'd rather get my charms from random hunting, which the odds are low so I will be hunting a lot.

I will just try to mine and gather for a lot of Enduring and Timeworm charms to increase the odds of getting a god charm. Those are most likely the only two charms you should be going after (unless you are looking for bomb boost+10, maestro+10, etc that come from shining charms and such).
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Charm sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charm sniping   Charm sniping Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 11:01 am

Sai_ wrote:
I have tried charm sniping but getting the exact RNG is pretty damn hard. I sometimes get 100 to 1,000 RNG points above or below my desired RNG destination. This method is just unsatisfactory and I'd rather get my charms from random hunting, which the odds are low so I will be hunting a lot.

I will just try to mine and gather for a lot of Enduring and Timeworm charms to increase the odds of getting a god charm. Those are most likely the only two charms you should be going after (unless you are looking for bomb boost+10, maestro+10, etc that come from shining charms and such).

Interesting... I didn't know certain skills came from only certain quality charms... I did at one point want a high maestro charm for my HH, but that time is long past. I no longer use maestro at all since I have learned to attack with songs. I am always playing, so no need to extend the period of song durations.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

Charm sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charm sniping   Charm sniping Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 2:16 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Antari... exactly how are you doing it? Just reading what you posted it doesn't sou nd like you are doing it completely correct but I could be wrong.

No i'm doing it right. Here is tutorial which helps me understand the basic idea:

Spoiler:

Well i gave up on it after 2 days non stop tryin. I spent pretty much 8-9 hour a day and i'm sick of it!

@Sai_: i have no idea how your RNG points can vary so much. 100-200 is normal, but 1000 is just too high value. You're doing something wrong.

This method is actually very precise and if you're doing everything exacly the same you can narrow down certain charm in no time. See the problem is that there're certain thing on quest which spawn randomly and screw the numbers, so each time they're different. First of all death times. If 2 LBB throw you off ledge, the time of the first death is different than if you somehow stay in the secret zone. Than there are cats... each cat in area 3 moves differently which generates different numbers. In area 1 Kelbis spawn randomly. Each Kelbi moves in different direction and "create" different values pretty much each time. If you blew up kelbi with your LBB+ the RNG will be +100-200. Also worth noting is the fact that charms comes always in the same pattern on appraise - RN previous + 7. So if your first charm is 2711 next will be 2718 etc. I got many times 2711 and 2713 so it was impossible for me to obtain 2712. I needed 2705 etc. or by some miracle shot 2712 with the first charm.

@dcj91x: I have pratty much all i need in terms of weapons, armor etc. Is is wrong that right now i wanna make those few sets i was dreamin about for months? And no... there's no such thing as "charm close to it". I need exacly Handicraft+5, KO+4. I know it exists in my table. The set will work only with this charm. I checked charms on my table and all hot crappy skills with H+5, so i figure out i will try snipe one with good skill.

As for now i'm gonna try built set with charm chaser, bombardier, gathering+2 (got +2 carving, +8 charmer, OO tali) and try it again sometime.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

Charm sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charm sniping   Charm sniping Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:28 am

^ Never said it was wrong. and don't get peoples personal opinions about things confused.. Just because I wouldn't do it or don't see a point doesn't mean I see anything wrong with you doing it. By all means go after the set and charms you are looking for if it's what you are working on, we all veiw things differently and ya know what... that's ok.

Also, read the method you are using.. Might I suggest one small difference:

Follow pretty much everything the same, armor, boms, explorer.. and all that but a change of location..

Instead of the village try the Misty Peaks in the Port.. Do everything the exact same as before but solo port and at the misty peaks... Just a suggestion you can try it or not.

Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

Charm sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charm sniping   Charm sniping Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:42 am

Well i was talkin about doing it in the Port whole time Yes by vort Village one doesn't give enduring charms.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

Charm sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charm sniping   Charm sniping Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:44 am

Ah.. I only read what was in the link.. It talked about the village. Got it.
Back to top Go down

Charm sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charm sniping   Charm sniping Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 12:28 pm

as with mhtri i have way not enough time to waste to grind for godcharms.

i think +3 edgemaster is good enough for me
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

Thank you Points : 129

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

Charm sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charm sniping   Charm sniping Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:47 pm

This seems like a helluvalot of trouble to go through to get a specific tali. If you are certain that it is in your charm table, why not just grind like mad and pray that it drops (Like back in the good ole Tri days)?
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

Charm sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charm sniping   Charm sniping Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:22 pm

No when you get used to it, it's easier to get certain tali that way. If you're doing everything right your chances of obtaining certain tali are higher than mining like in Tri days. When mining it's like you're trying to get out of the maze and its creator is changing its shape with each of your step. With sniping the maze is the same pretty much every time. So it's just the matter of time to figure out the way out. Instead of ~21,000 random chances to get your charm, you get like ~20-30.

Many ppl got what they want. I got like 5-6 times charm which was only one number lower/higher than charm which i wanted. I literally was there... but after few days i got bored and give up. Now i'm just completing my weapon collection. When i got bored of this game for good i'll try to snipe it again but for now idc.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

Charm sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charm sniping   Charm sniping Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:56 pm

I forget how to do this. Mind putting a link? Edit: just saw some post with it.
I also gave up on charm sniping considering how horrid it is to force an RNG.

Last edited by Sai_ on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

Thank you Points : 129

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

Charm sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charm sniping   Charm sniping Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 11:37 pm

OK man. I read the link and understand the system. IMO, it still seems like there are too many variables to make it reliable enough to be worth the trouble. I hope you find what you are looking for, though.

I always felt that mining was a halfway decent way to get good talis. The best way, imo, was to just grind 5* quests, Jho, and especially Jhozilla. At least grinding the 5* Mobs was hella fun.
Back to top Go down

Charm sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charm sniping   Charm sniping Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:26 am

Grinding is not fun when based on a rng that your chance is less than 1%. Cloudy moonshards were pushing it for me and charm farming is a waste of time for me. Id rather be playing a new game than doing those. I can work with what i get from mission rewards while acomplishing other things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Charm sniping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charm sniping   Charm sniping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charm sniping
Page 1 of 1