Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!

MH4Ultimate releases this Friday, February 13th!

Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
What's hunting you?

Share | 
 

 MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sai_
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:12 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIIJ9PkXRik Click on English Subs

This information is pretty old. What this basically is, upon starting a new character in MH3U, you will be locked into what is believed to be 1 out of 17 charm tables. This means that if you happen to be locked into table 7, that is the ONLY way you will be able to have a chance at an attack god charm. Other tables like table 10 are considered the best because that table is the only one with essential charms

Ways to find out about what table your in:

Moga Fish Ship method:
http://www.hayasoft.com/chisamin/mh3g/tsearch7.cgi

According to what charms you already have method:
http://mh.websimu.mydns.jp/3g_oma/xxx/table.php

Charm Table:
http://www10.atwiki.jp/mh3g/pages/72.html

In other words, once you start MH3U, the table you are locked in means you will NOT be able to obtain other charms besides that table. This is ridiculous.

Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:11 pm

soooo.... this gets posted everywhere at the same time? Yea just about all the other forums had this pop up as well.

Just FYI- systems like this in Monster Hunter are nothing new. The way it has 'ALWAYS' worked before is that once you started a play session you would be placed in one of 10-12 (in mh3u's case 17) tables randomly.
Once you were done playing the game would save the table you were in. Next time you started the game it would remember the last table you were in and place you randomly in one of the others. This prevented you from being locked out of ever getting a certain charm or talisman but still made the more rare ones difficult to get.

I'm not sure i would see this changing in MH3U but I'll look at those videos again to see if i missed something..
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:36 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
Spoiler:
 

According to this info, you are permanently locked into a table. It's not like p3rd where you stay in a single table until for that session until the next time you play again. Tri U's system is unfair as some of the tables are very bad and only like 3-4 of them are any good.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:00 pm

You say TriU... Technically that is all for 3G. And like a few other things that may have been changed. Also, is the translation correct. We should know from experience that translations sometimes get a little mixed.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:13 pm

You may be right (hopefully) about the 3U/3G. The translations in the video are correct. They have been officially translated by a German-English speaker.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:32 pm

Japanese to German to English?
Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:35 pm

Unfortunately dcj, this system is fact, and it's not getting changed from 3G.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:42 pm

Ark, fact as in confirmed by Capcom US? Because I have not seen that yet, yes "fans" claim it to be a fact but it has not yet been "officially" stated. And again "fans" claim a lot of things to be fact which often turn out to not to be.


Last edited by dcj91x on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:44 pm

Ummmm, confirmed by fact the game has been out for months in Japan? It's confirmed to be there unless capcom says it isn't, not the other way around. Why would they change game mechanics from the Japanese version?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:55 pm

Guilty until proven innocent? I think you have it a bit backwards there. Again as stated before why would they suddenly change it for 3U the way they have been doing it for other MH games and if so was this tested on both 3DS and WiiU versions? I don't believe so. Also what methods were used again to test this? Just saying it may not be the way it seems.
Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:58 pm

Why would they change it? How should I know, I'm not capcom. If you can't understand how it works from watching the video I'm afraid I can't do anything to help you understand. You can look anywhere on the internet and people are saying this has been known for months now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:25 am

I've looked and seen what fans have stated from the 3DS 3G version yes.



@Arkenaw wrote:
Why would they change it?

Why would they change it from how it's previously worked? Why would they add voice chat for the west and not Japan? Several things could change in the localization process and when importing to the WiiU from the 3DS, for all we know they could have had the system on the 3DS due to some size limitation they did not have on the WiiU vesion.. And they could have decided to set it back to the way it was in P3rd and Tri before Localizing..

All I'm saying is until we actually get the game next month there is no point in over reacting or thinking that this is a "Fact" that we actually don't know it is at this time.

I think we can still enjoy the game regardless.


Last edited by dcj91x on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:23 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Diablos


Thank you Points : 29

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:20 am

Fact or not, this is being overblown. Knowing the inner workings of the game to this extent is not bringing out any enjoyment to anyone.

Only reason why people would want to know what "Charm Line" they are on, is to be able to min/max their avatars.

I will work with what I am given and I am sure I will be able to conquer any monster that Capcom throws at me, and then some. Its about the journey, and not the destination, imo.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:16 pm

@Sephastus wrote:
Fact or not, this is being overblown. Knowing the inner workings of the game to this extent is not bringing out any enjoyment to anyone.

Only reason why people would want to know what "Charm Line" they are on, is to be able to min/max their avatars.

I will work with what I am given and I am sure I will be able to conquer any monster that Capcom throws at me, and then some. Its about the journey, and not the destination, imo.



Thank you. Your words are so true most people these days do not take that in to account. Most people now care about being the best baddest players the can be but do not realize monster hunt is something needed to be taken slowly like a fine wine.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:37 pm

@Yuki wrote:
@Sephastus wrote:
Fact or not, this is being overblown. Knowing the inner workings of the game to this extent is not bringing out any enjoyment to anyone.

Only reason why people would want to know what "Charm Line" they are on, is to be able to min/max their avatars.

I will work with what I am given and I am sure I will be able to conquer any monster that Capcom throws at me, and then some. Its about the journey, and not the destination, imo.



Thank you. Your words are so true most people these days do not take that in to account. Most people now care about being the best baddest players the can be but do not realize monster hunt is something needed to be taken slowly like a fine wine.

Thank you both... Sometime's we forget that one of the best parts of monster hunter and this community is just having fun and being around people we like... even if we don't allways agree.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:33 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
@Yuki wrote:
@Sephastus wrote:
Fact or not, this is being overblown. Knowing the inner workings of the game to this extent is not bringing out any enjoyment to anyone.

Only reason why people would want to know what "Charm Line" they are on, is to be able to min/max their avatars.

I will work with what I am given and I am sure I will be able to conquer any monster that Capcom throws at me, and then some. Its about the journey, and not the destination, imo.



Thank you. Your words are so true most people these days do not take that in to account. Most people now care about being the best baddest players the can be but do not realize monster hunt is something needed to be taken slowly like a fine wine.

Thank you both... Sometime's we forget that one of the best parts of monster hunter and this community is just having fun and being around people we like... even if we don't allways agree.

True be that.

Lets make sure that as a community, we can still focus on the game and what is most important (not saying that if this is fact, I won't continue to make new characters until I get into the table I want) but lets just not turn into a stereotypical gaming community that beats the shit out of each other. The last thing we need is for the community to start leanin towards things like taking player to player insult to levels of "LOL YOU GOT INTO A SHITTY CHARM TREE TROLOLO" or even worse, blame hunts on LAG like cod players.

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Antari18
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:45 pm

@Sephastus wrote:
Fact or not, this is being overblown. Knowing the inner workings of the game to this extent is not bringing out any enjoyment to anyone.

Only reason why people would want to know what "Charm Line" they are on, is to be able to min/max their avatars.

I will work with what I am given and I am sure I will be able to conquer any monster that Capcom throws at me, and then some. Its about the journey, and not the destination, imo.

Sorry but imho that's BS. For you the journey is important, for me goal in the horizon. Permanent table simply rip apart my dreams. I can't achieve my goal. It's pretty depressing.

I want to awaken the full potential of my blade. What's wrong with that? Who gives you right to decide how do i play this game, casual or hardcore? Everyone's right there. Agreeing with only one side is imho huge BS. The problem is that one side can live happily with permanent tables. The other one can't. So it's serious issue. Don't think they'll fix it in western release tho... just my hunch.

On the other hand mabye they do and that's why servers're region locked? I dunno.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:20 pm

@Antari18 wrote:
@Sephastus wrote:
Fact or not, this is being overblown. Knowing the inner workings of the game to this extent is not bringing out any enjoyment to anyone.

Only reason why people would want to know what "Charm Line" they are on, is to be able to min/max their avatars.

I will work with what I am given and I am sure I will be able to conquer any monster that Capcom throws at me, and then some. Its about the journey, and not the destination, imo.

Sorry but imho that's BS. For you the journey is important, for me goal in the horizon. Permanent table simply rip apart my dreams. I can't achieve my goal. It's pretty depressing.

I want to awaken the full potential of my blade. What's wrong with that? Who gives you right to decide how do i play this game, casual or hardcore? Everyone's right there. Agreeing with only one side is imho huge BS. The problem is that one side can live happily with permanent tables. The other one can't. So it's serious issue. Don't think they'll fix it in western release tho... just my hunch.

On the other hand mabye they do and that's why servers're region locked? I dunno.

And if you never knew this in the first place? First again.. we still don't know yet, we have to wait until next month to see so no reason in getting upset about it.

Second, Lots of games have run things like these in the back ground before.. thing is we didn't know about it. Did that ever effect us in enjoying a game before? If you never knew about this and were still able to take down a monster in a minute would it matter? Probably not...

Is it that difficult to just enjoy a game? Or am I missing something...
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:05 pm

@dcj91x wrote:
And if you never knew this in the first place?

I'll wonder happily after 1000 hour why the hell i can't get proper crit draw tali. I would curse luck probably. Thx to japanese geniuses, i can blame Capcom for this nonsense. If it ain't broke why they try to fix it?

I think we should talk about it rather than say "it's all right". Let's hope it's Capcom's oversight and thay didn't make same mistake in MH4. Someone should post about this case on capcom-unity forums.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Sephastus
Diablos


Thank you Points : 29

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:23 pm

@Antari18 wrote:
@Sephastus wrote:
Fact or not, this is being overblown. Knowing the inner workings of the game to this extent is not bringing out any enjoyment to anyone.

Only reason why people would want to know what "Charm Line" they are on, is to be able to min/max their avatars.

I will work with what I am given and I am sure I will be able to conquer any monster that Capcom throws at me, and then some. Its about the journey, and not the destination, imo.

Sorry but imho that's BS. For you the journey is important, for me goal in the horizon. Permanent table simply rip apart my dreams. I can't achieve my goal. It's pretty depressing.

I want to awaken the full potential of my blade. What's wrong with that? Who gives you right to decide how do i play this game, casual or hardcore? Everyone's right there. Agreeing with only one side is imho huge BS. The problem is that one side can live happily with permanent tables. The other one can't. So it's serious issue. Don't think they'll fix it in western release tho... just my hunch.

On the other hand mabye they do and that's why servers're region locked? I dunno.

You focused on one part of my post... and the only part that I strictly said was "imo" (in my OPINION). Listen to the other parts and tell me if they do not apply to you: "Only reason why people would want to know what "charm line" they are on, is to be able to min/max their avatars." I think it is safe to say you fit the bill with your "I want to awaken the full potential of my blade."

Nothing is wrong with wanting something, however, the way you are going about it could be harming yourself. Like I said in my post "Knowing the inner workings of the game to this extent is not bringing out any enjoyment to anyone", Here are a few things to concider:

1) There will undoubtably be other ways of getting the armor skills you are seeking, even if it is not as easy as just dumping a charm on your character.

2) These changes might not even make it to the MH3U version, as has been stated numerous times in this same thread. Many bug fixes are often rolled out when game localizations are out, and this might be a bug, in which case this whole argument is a moot.

Finally, I never decided for you on how to play your game. It is in fact your money and your time. If you want to spend several hours on your first character just to make sure you have what you concider to be the absolute best melee charm (A charm with +7 Awaken and +5 Artisan), then by all means go for it. Had you never known there was a pattern to charms, would this have made the game worse or better for you? Remember: Ignorance is bliss... you choose knowledge, then take it with the fact that some of that knowledge will ruin things for you (Story endings, movie outcomes, and in this case, a small part of a game.) On the other hand, now that you know, that there seems to be a pattern on the Japanese release, you can pre-plan for the MHFU version and make sure that the first few hours of your playtime are used in getting you the best outcome of something that you will achieve a few hundred hours later of playtime (yep, that charm only drops in G rank missions).

I wish you the best, and I will take the dung you said I post and grow some Firedouse Berries for that nice flame of yours /yes/
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Flame? I think you misinterpretatated my words. I don't want to offend you in any possible way. If you feel that way - I'm sorry.

Probably as always i express it too much - all i wanna say is don't underestimate this issue because some people do care about it. Obtaining proper tali with "old system" like in Tri for instance, wasn't that easy :P Now the chances of getting some charms drop to zero. It's just ummm i gotta feeling they destroy some aspect of the game. Like they did with custom bowguns from Tri. And i'm afraid it won't come back. I hope i'm wrong and it's only mistake...
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Sai_
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:19 pm

@Yuki wrote:

Thank you. Your words are so true most people these days do not take that in to account. Most people now care about being the best baddest players the can be but do not realize monster hunt is something needed to be taken slowly like a fine wine.

Those are opinions, not true words. I find fun to be something I can achieve with an iron fist; therefore getting the sets I want to be very powerful is fun. If playing monster hunter casually is your way, that's fine, but for you to tell me that playing that is the "true" way just means you're trying to press your opinions on other. Maybe I want to get the rarest set possible; maybe I want to be the best of the best; that is all fine but I hope you realize everyone is different and do not see the vision you are seeing. No on vision is more correct than the other. Many people would agree with me and many would agree with you.

That being said, most of the armor sets CAN be obtained with a 3 slot charm that is available on ALL tables, but even 3 slot charms have their limitations.
There isn't that much to be worried about, but if you are aiming for the best set possible, hopefully this thread will help.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis


Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:45 pm

^ actually it doesn't help. ...Let me explain...

It kind of does mislead people into believeing that 1. They can't get all the skills in the game.. Which they still can. They just need a bit of creativity. And 2. As stated we still have a month to know before this is true or not for MH3U in the west.

Though some people can handle the information and use it informatively to make their game play better, for others it just causes needless rage.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:29 pm

The case of MH3 U is already setted. The game is ready and waits to be putted on shelves. We can only believe that it turns out as we want.

Hovever there is still hope for MH4 which is in development right now. I think it woulnd be good idea to post this issue on capcom-unity forums. Adress it directly to Yuri. Hopefully we'll get some response. This will show us if they're aware of this problem or not. As a community we can make a difference.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Sai_
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:08 pm

Once MH3U comes out, I will confirm if this table does exist. I'll choose table 10; once I get a charm from another table, I will post here. If I don't get even the simplest of charms like a B+2 from another table during my playthrough, it will be obvious if this does exist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   Today at 5:32 am

Back to top Go down
 
MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)
» Charm System
» Charm Hunter broken.
» MH3U info links
» Charm Tables for MH3U

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii U :: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-
Jump to: