Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Most played game console? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Most played game console? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Most played game console?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

Thank you Points : 6

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Most played game console? Empty
PostMost played game console?

Title speaks for itself but just curious. I play MH3U on my 3DS a lot but I'm mostly a PC gamer. Ever since I upgraded my rig I can run newer games. (Don't mistake this as a fanboy war, I don't want to see any Xbox ,Sony or PC fanboys argue which gaming system is better.) Just share what your primary gaming system is as well as some top games on said system. Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Most played game console? :: Comments

Yamatsu
Re: Most played game console?
Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:41 am by Yamatsu
Most played has to be PC for me, huge variety of games and I can do what I want with my machine. Played loads of Team Fortress 2 over the years, Tribes: Ascend was my main game last year, had some fun with Diablo 3 also despite its shortcomings. Currently playing loads of Phantasy Star Online 2.

3DS hasn't really been grabbing my attention outside of MH3U, I prefer the ps vita as a portable. I kinda want to pick up a PS4 some time next year but at the same time my PC will be due for an upgrade mid 2014 or so... that comes first.
dcj91x
Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:51 pm by dcj91x
Over all (not me personnally but numberwise) worldwide I believe the last numbers were PC, Mobile (IOS/Android), 3DS, PS3, Xbox360, WiiU/Vita. These are mostly due to shere numbers though. Sales wise in popularity for mass it would be IOS/Android then 3DS with WiiU/Vita tied for last. Though let me clarify that no single game on IOS/Android is very high in sales and those that are are cheap and or free. Also Individually both the vita and WiiU have had several high selling games regardless of low system sales.

Yama and I talk about game Quite a bit and I support "most" systems as a games. IN the handheld relm the Vita and 3DS offer a very different experiance. Though the 3ds has some really inventive fighting games the Vita would be more geared towards those types of games IMO and would be more sutable for those looking for quick competative challenges in a lot of games (not all). The vita will also offer more home console games, though in my opinion needs more exclusives of it's own to set it's self apart from the PS4 and give it its own identity. For those who do want a Vita it has recieved a nice price drop on both the system and memory, though the memory is still high and the 3g version is at the same price. Also, there is said to be a new vesion on the way for the holidays.

For the 3DS it offers many exclusives that can't be found anywhere else and the games are quite long overall with lots of replay value. The systems themselves come in many varieties (which I think is a good thing as I like choices and individuality) and the line up of games coming out is varied for every type of player. Though the 3DS is region locked Nintendo has announced many previously Japan only games being licalized later this year.

As far as mobile phones.. I don't have much to say about them. I still feel that the games are exspensive for reduced versions of games found on other systems and lack control options and do not offer long standing play value... even if they are free. I also feel those who buy them in the first place are wasting money and aparently don't care about losing hard earned cash..[b]<-- My opinion.[b]

Home consoles:

I feel that though the PS4 is not backwards compatable the fact that sony is offering a digital upgrade program is very good and that after a long time they are finally getting it right. I do have issues with the pay to play online/multiplayer but really like the overal structure of PS+. Not much more to say about it until more games and Exclusives are announced.

WiiU: Nintendo is huge on originality and exclusives.. and saddly that leaves them open as targes by other companies. I'm not buying the whole thing from EA and other 3rd parties that they are not developing for nintendo due to low WiiU sales as if that were the case why are they not making games for the 3DS which world wide is the top selling dedicated gameing system and week after week is continuing to make nintendo the only company that is profiting once again?.. Yet EA and many of these companies that are speaking out against the wiiu are still developing for the Vita, so I feel it's not an issue of sales but other reasons. Regardless just as with the Vita the WiiU has many good games out and a huge list of games coming out. Though only a few 3rd party several huge ones from Nintendo such as X from Monolith. If Nintendo is able to turn around the WiiU in the same manner as the 3DS many companies may change ther policies towards Nintendo or become more outspoken only time will tell. Overall though The system is fun as well as the games as always.

.. Now to the XB1, this is a toss up. On EA's behalf Microsoft made several mistakes with DRM and several other risky announcements from the start which backfired on them. Though they have corrected those mistakes since then a lot of damage was done. It is really most difficult to tell with the XB1 how any of the games are going to be until it's actually released.

For my and my suggestion on systems (if you had the time and $$$) it would be a PC, Vita, 3DS, PS4, and WiiU as it covers the most exclusives and games all around. Since most don't have that kind of $$$, PC, 3DS, WiiU/PS4. I would add the vita to the list but as the PS4 will pretty much have all the same games you pretty much have that covered.. the 3DS and wiiU have all different games though and those that are the same titles are still different, so... Anyways... That's my thoughts on the matter. Not sure if I was anywhere on topic.
Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:33 pm by Guest
most played overall would be either gamecube or game boy color.

Probably gamecube.

but if you count the 6034.49667 hours i have on eve online...

(that's combined from 3 characters though, and often i have all 3 running at once so its more like a 3rd of that)
dcj91x
Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:35 pm by dcj91x
^ well.. if we are talking about every system.. ATARI 2600 FTW!!!!!!

Last edited by dcj91x on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Oni Zelkami
Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:57 pm by Oni Zelkami
Even with the 1000 + hours I've put into Tri and other Wii games, most played I would have to say is Xbox360. I just have a more diverse selection of games on that than I do Wii or PC.
Red
Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:33 pm by Red
ummm not sure but it's likely the gameboy advance sp,the nintendo ds lite(have a guess why :P) or the ps2 Yes by vort 
Oni Zelkami
Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:36 pm by Oni Zelkami
dcj91x wrote:
ATARI 64 FTW!!!!!!
The what now?
dcj91x
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:06 am by dcj91x
.... That was suppose to be Atari 2600 but I was thinking Telstar system at the same time and for some reason it game out as that, no clue how.

Also, from what I can find out its the PS2 followed very closely behind by the DS. Gameboy is a distant 3rd followed by an even further 4th playstation.
Kurtz
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:48 am by Kurtz
well, I did waste a lot more time than needed on the dot hack series. So I guess PS2 is still my most used time playing videogames. I've not spent a very long time on other systems (surely not handlhelds, even though I love playing them) not only that, PS2 was generally a bigger part of my life, I've never been early or even on time for any other game system than PS2.
Silverneo188
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:50 am by Silverneo188
Yamatsu wrote:
Currently playing loads of Phantasy Star Online 2.
Me too! You should add me xD i'm a Hunter Cast
Yamatsu
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:16 pm by Yamatsu
Silverneo188 wrote:
Yamatsu wrote:
Currently playing loads of Phantasy Star Online 2.
Me too! You should add me xD i'm a Hunter Cast
:O! :O!!!!
What's your PSO2 ID? Mine's Yamatsucoffee.
WyvernGS
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:03 pm by WyvernGS
Kurtz wrote:
well, I did waste a lot more time than needed on the dot hack series.....
NOT A WASTE
Most played game console? Apop+rage+face
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:15 pm by ShadowCeadeusDM324
PS2, the only console that I have in my room (and the most accesible at the moment, damn pirates).
I guess my 3DS is now also my DS since my ds can no longer play any games, well it can, but because I used it so many times it gets frozen... it can happen in any moment and I don't want to lose any Pokemon data... or any save data for that matter.
I used to use the GBA a lot... used to.
And now I want to get a PS3 which has gotten incredibly cheap from what it was last year (from $500 to $300) so I might buy that... and if can get that elder scrolls anthology then why not PC.

note: PS3 $price in my country is different. 50000c (colones) equals $100. Only used $ so people in the forum could understand. Thanks for reading this.
dcj91x
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:38 pm by dcj91x
Shadow.. PS3 is only cheap(er) because the PS4 is coming out and at a rather decent price overall..... Honestly, though the price may seem fair it wont be worth getting a PS3 now. If you are wanting a sony system that play the same games pretty much as the PS3, wait on the ps4 $399 or get a Vita at $199. They will last you longer for games overall and in the vita case is even cheaper... Now.

ShadowCeadeusDM324
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:50 pm by ShadowCeadeusDM324
dcj91x wrote:
Shadow.. PS3 is only cheap(er) because the PS4 is coming out and at a rather decent price overall..... Honestly, though the price may seem fair it wont be worth getting a PS3 now. If you are wanting a sony system that play the same games pretty much as the PS3, wait on the ps4 $399 or get a Vita at $199. They will last you longer for games overall and in the vita case is even cheaper... Now.

I know that it is getting cheaper because of the PS4 coming out. However the price the PS4 is gonna have when it comes out in my area is going to be WAY more expensive, not to mention I also have to buy games. Right now my best option is either the PS3 and/or WiiU. Unless the PS4 have any game that will make me change my decision then I prefer to wait until later.
dcj91x
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:09 pm by dcj91x
If you are interested in the WiiU it is a good system with some nice upcoming games, otherwise I would say hold off a bit longer. There is always a problem with getting an older system when a new one is about to come out. You will start to see a lack of game support and system support on the PS3 as Sony starts focusing on the PS4. It happens with ever system and it's be a shame to spend the money on a ps3 now just to quickly find yourself lacking new games next year.
Ultimate Jaggi
Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:54 pm by Ultimate Jaggi
But you'll also find an already established library on ps3 that is fantastic, so ps3 is an excellent buy right now.
Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:40 am by Guest
thats why you wait to see what backwards compatibility they offer on the PS4...
dcj91x
Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:09 am by dcj91x
I just posted here: https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t10189-if-you-want-a-wiiuhttps://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t10189-if-you-want-a-wiiu about the WiiU price drop and another announcement that may see sales and playing of the WiiU increase quite a bit.
Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:33 am by Guest
you keep posting stuff that nintendo says like exactly the same way nintendo says it. "a price drop will help our console sell so much better in light of the amazing games coming to it"

...yeah you mean the amazing games that are out on every other system including PC for like 10 bucks on steam where the Wii U version is slated at 50 bucks per game? :|

seriously i can buy scribblenauts unlimited for 5 bucks on steam, still costs at least 40 for wii u version. Same with resident evil revelations etc.
dcj91x
Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:35 am by dcj91x
^ It's not the multi plat games you get a wiiu for it's the system exclusives. Games you can get for 5 on steam and others.. do it. But ehere elese can you really go for Wind Waker HD, X, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3.. and so on.

You get the good deals where you can same with exclusives and aside from PC's nintendo consoles are the next place to go for "good" exclusives. Because (getting back on subject) when you are talking about getting the most play out of a game system you also want one that has games that you can't just get anywhere else. And yes while getting a game for less is what we all want, well saddly based on how willing people are to "pay to Play" or give into monthly fees, it seems cost doesn't mean as much as it use to.

(still waiting on a new metroid, f-zero, spectrobes... and many others though.)
Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:45 am by Guest
i realize nintendo has good exclusives but currently none of them are released. mario and pikmin aren't enough. windwaker is fine but extremely similar to original.

they're saying dont worry because look at all these awesome games coming out, and my response to it was simply "you mean the ones i can get for 5 bucks on steam?" i dont care if i get a picture of jesus with my scribblenauts unlimited on wii u, its not making me pay 30-40 bucks for a 5 dollar game
dcj91x
Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:59 am by dcj91x
^ I understand that argument and don't get me wrong I agree.. Nintendo is doing the "EXACT SAME THING" that happened with the 3DS.. It was released at a higher price the had few games the psvita was announced the 3ds kept going down no games.. for .. a year almost? Then suddenly Vita appears the 3DS gets a price drop and all these games appear out of nowhere.

Same thing with the WiiU and the upcoming PS4X1 release... System gets a price cut them I'm willing to bet we don't just see the announced games but many others as well.

It shouldn't be that way and is a dirty business tactic but not a new one. And your example of Scriblenauts while I get the point is an older game at this point. If new games were released like that it would be more of a concern IMO but as it is an older game as I said get it where it's cheaper. I'm pretty sure most full games coming out you can't get for $5 on steam.
Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:27 pm by Guest
i'm doubtful they would put the same amount of games out as they did with 3DS, they don't have the people to release that many quality HD stuff.

could prove me wrong though

also resident evil revelations came out 3 months ago and it costed me 15 dollars on steam O_o
Post  by Sponsored content

Most played game console?

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next