Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
So now that I've hit G Rank... Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
So now that I've hit G Rank... Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So now that I've hit G Rank...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the Pykrete Bunny Smasher
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A.

So now that I've hit G Rank... Empty
PostSubject: So now that I've hit G Rank...   So now that I've hit G Rank... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 10:41 pm

So now I'm in with the big boys. I've hit HR7, which I know is still pretty low, but there seems to be a dirth of new monsters. The only ones that I know I have yet to beat are Alatreon and Dire Miralis and I'm not counting subspecies. Will there be any new monsters after this or is that it? I enjoy the quests that force me to hunt multiple monsters at once, but I'd really like to keep finding completely new species. If this is it has Capcom given any hint that they might introduce new creatures through downloaded content?

I'd like to keep playing this game. It's been really fun, but without any new levels or monsters I don't know how much longer it could hold my interest. I'm not much for collecting every armor piece. I got the clothes and the weapons that I like, but the Pykrete Bunny Smasher is running out of things to, well... smash.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: So now that I've hit G Rank...   So now that I've hit G Rank... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:10 pm

the Pykrete Bunny Smasher wrote:
Will there be any new monsters after this or is that it? I enjoy the quests that force me to hunt multiple monsters at once, but I'd really like to keep finding completely new species.
There are monster Rare species that are unlocked after Hunter Rank 8.
Spoiler:

If this is it has Capcom given any hint that they might introduce new creatures through downloaded content?
No hints at all. The DLC period has currently ended, and not even Japan's MH3G has gotten new monsters by DLC, plus Monster Hunter 4 has been around for a while, and it's currently focused on...
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: So now that I've hit G Rank...   So now that I've hit G Rank... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 5:06 pm

^ What TKMT said. We will most likely not see any new DLC here for the West. I'm not sure how long you've been playing MH but that's usually how its been, unless you can play MHFO which gets expansions ( I don't know a lot about that though). Monster Hunter is a grind/farmfest.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: So now that I've hit G Rank...   So now that I've hit G Rank... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 12:35 am

I'm interested in these rare species that TKMT mentioned. Are they completely new from the regular ones or are they subspecies like the Abyssal Lagiacrus?
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: So now that I've hit G Rank...   So now that I've hit G Rank... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 12:45 am

I'm interested in these rare species that TKMT mentioned. Are they completely new from the regular ones or are they subspecies like the Abyssal Lagiacrus?
The ones TKMT mentioned are all subspecies of a different monster.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: So now that I've hit G Rank...   So now that I've hit G Rank... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 8:42 am

As far as I see, Monster Hunter games don't really have true DLC. It seems that the DLC is already on the disc and "downloading" it from the DLC menu is really just unlocking the DLC. They've never made the capacity to change game infrastructure to add new monsters besides MHFO. If anything, western releases of MH3U is missing some DLC because it was removed; Japan got a few more bonuses than us.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: So now that I've hit G Rank...   So now that I've hit G Rank... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 9:45 am

E&Troy wrote:
The ones TKMT mentioned are all subspecies of a different monster.
Pretty much how Rathian and Rathalos have 2 subspecies, thats how it is with Abyssal and Lucent. They are still fun to fight though.

EDIT: Also, with the Rare monsters, you can only fight them in one area. You need to be HR40 to unlock Lucent and HR70 to unlock Abyssal
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So now that I've hit G Rank...   So now that I've hit G Rank... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So now that I've hit G Rank...
Page 1 of 1