Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Began using the Hunting Horn - any weapon and armor recommendations? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Began using the Hunting Horn - any weapon and armor recommendations? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Began using the Hunting Horn - any weapon and armor recommendations?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake Johnson
Khezu

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Began using the Hunting Horn - any weapon and armor recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Began using the Hunting Horn - any weapon and armor recommendations?   Began using the Hunting Horn - any weapon and armor recommendations? Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 9:17 pm

My "eclectic" character has recently gotten into using the Hunting Horn weapon.

I love this weapon!

I am currently looking for a good Hunting Horn and armor set pairing.

This new character is only to the level five fight with the Ceadeus.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Began using the Hunting Horn - any weapon and armor recommendations?   Began using the Hunting Horn - any weapon and armor recommendations? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 3:46 pm

In terms of the Hunting Horn itself, you'll want to look for the songs they can play, and obviously high raw and sharpness is a must. Element is a little more important on HH than on Hammers, but not as important as say Lance or whatever.

You'll want standard blademaster armour skills, AUX, crit eye, that sort of thing. Armour doesn't really matter much at low rank, so long as you don't instantly die (upgrade your shit) and you're not running something completely and obviously god awful like one piece from 5 random monsters. (as in, no armour skills)

Like, at this point you can run with a full set of something, gemming out any negative skills and get to high rank with it.

EDIT: This might help
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Began using the Hunting Horn - any weapon and armor recommendations?   Began using the Hunting Horn - any weapon and armor recommendations? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 11:48 pm

What Ataraxia said is good. I don't use HH that much, but I know some people go for a more (Assuming you are playing with a group) boosting style of skills. For example, getting the skills Wide Range and Speed Eating + HH can really boost you allies. Those skills plus Horn Maestro and Sharpness +1 (A hard set to get, but it's good) can make for a pretty awesome HH set.

Everything I said is coming from someone who has used the HH and grand total of 12 times though. Meaning, what I just said is from stuff I've read so you may want to throw the info out.
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Began using the Hunting Horn - any weapon and armor recommendations?   Began using the Hunting Horn - any weapon and armor recommendations? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 6:08 am

My Favorite Hunting Horn seems to be the fully upgraded Lucent Nargacuga one.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Began using the Hunting Horn - any weapon and armor recommendations?   Began using the Hunting Horn - any weapon and armor recommendations? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:47 am

Having picked up HH a few months ago, you cant go wrong with the Metal bagpipe path, it is pretty allround with good numbers. Teh queropeco honker carried me for quite a long time in LR and the first row of HR.
Next I recommend the Snarfonica, it's water element comes in handy with the brach, ura, nox's etc.

That should keep you good for awhile. Dont worry about status on HH, you probably wont hit enough for the status to ever take.

As for armor skills, if you are playing online it is said that Meastro is pretty worth it. Otherwise the ussual suggestions, Attack up, crit eye, evasions, whatever fits your play style really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Began using the Hunting Horn - any weapon and armor recommendations?   Began using the Hunting Horn - any weapon and armor recommendations? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Began using the Hunting Horn - any weapon and armor recommendations?
Page 1 of 1