Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas) Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas) Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)

Go down 
+4
Tomderdepp
Phazon Xenomorph
Bidoof
PAiN---
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas) Empty
PostSubject: MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)   MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 11:04 pm

Sure is better than that effing hunting horn, thoughts? Critics, proceed.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Bidoof
Aptonoth
Bidoof

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)   MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 12:54 am

I don't know which one I like better, I'm really digging them both tbh.

I really love the mechanical theme for this one though
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)   MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 3:34 am

MUCH better than that god awful ugly pig-based hunting horn (sorry I failure to see, even after years and years of Monster Hunter), how people love pigs. It's a filthy animal that rolls around in its own feces and will even eat it if given it for food. It's a real nasty animal yet everyone is all gaga.

I'm much more impressed with this insect glaive for sure. Looks very nice and epic. (plus a hunting horn for EU? Did they miss the part where we were getting TWO new weapons, they should have had an insect glaive or charge axe as the weapon to promote them even more than they already were, but I digress).

Woo hoo we get an awesome as hell bug staff!
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)   MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 5:38 am

i really like both.

i always loved weapons with fun-designs, and the "Emperors Speech" is a really great one.

the "Clockwork" also looks awesome and i'm really looking forward to playing both
Back to top Go down
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)   MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 8:17 pm

The EU weapon was a fun design, while this is a badass one. They are both meant to entertain, but with different ways of doing it. So, while I like this one better, they're both awesome.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)   MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 8:38 pm

Why thunder element? Should be without any element if you ask me to work with this "mechanical" theme. Meh I like poogie horn better Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)   MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 4:33 am

Because mechanical objects use electricity?
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)   MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:17 pm

Raptor98 wrote:
Not all mechanical objects use electricity. You can have spring and gear based machines that rely entirely on torque and potential energy.
Back to top Go down
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)   MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:54 am

Sai_ wrote:
Raptor98 wrote:
Not all mechanical objects use electricity. You can have spring and gear based machines that rely entirely on torque and potential energy.
Ok, SOME mechanical objects use electricity, and this is, apparently, one of them. xD
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)   MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 9:45 am

hmm... They decided on a "SteamPunk" design for the American winner.. Interesting choice as steampunk has taken off over the last several years and in its self is a very popular "WESTERN" format and ideology. From Jules Gabriel Verne to H. G. Wells it has come to symbolise the west in a very subtle and distinctive way along with Ben Franklin and Nikola Tesla with their use of electrisity thrown into the mix... Very smart choice on CapJaps decision here.

As for everyone who is complaining on the EU's weapon.... It is also a very smart decision. It feels a void in MH weapons that has been missing for quite some time. There has been a weapon made of every supporting character to this point except for the poggie. CapJap did a very smart thing in picking a Fanmade weapon from the west in representing one of the staple characters of MH to represent it. In that it is likely a weapon that will endure throughout the series for some time (an EU western fan made weapon) and will likely be in both Japan and western versions of the game. This will not only show good relations on CapJap's part toward the west but be a good sign of many further releases for us. Furthermore, we all know the "famed" rumored skills that the pig usually brings and capcom has achknowledged in the past... I am actually interested in seeing if capcom has in anyway incorperated this into the weapon in anyway, which in my opinion will make this weapon (above others) even more highly prized.

So before writing off either weapon look at the meaning they could hold and the skills they could have first... ;) just my thoughts because looks aren't everything
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)   MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:49 am

Raptor98 wrote:

I'm failing to see how this Insect Glaive (made from gears) is generating electricity. Especially if we take into consideration series lore. This is more medieval than modern era. There's also no light bulbs or phones etc. There're blacksmiths instead of factories etc.

If weapon has thunder element, it's most likely from monster parts which generates electicity naturally like Zinogre or Lagi. So it's understandable for me, that's the point of hunting, collect rare parts to buff your gear which you normally can't. If we contradict this, what's the point of killing all those monsters? Blacksmith can make you best gear of any element just from bunch of iron, wood and steel.

Of course we have some weird stuff like LS chainsaws... it was always an eyesore for me.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)   MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:43 pm

Antari18 wrote:
Raptor98 wrote:

I'm failing to see how this Insect Glaive (made from gears) is generating electricity. Especially if we take into consideration series lore. This is more medieval than modern era. There's also no light bulbs or phones etc. There're blacksmiths instead of factories etc.

First off my post right above yours points out that the gear weapon is likely a "SteamPunk" weapon and reminicent of "Ben Franklin and Nikola Tesla" which all rely heavily on electricity and gears in some ways...

Second, "Event Weapons" are not standard weapons and do not hold to the same guidlines as standard weapons. Therefore it is often excepted that many of them are not from the same MH universe, are not as primitive, are just colorful whacky weapons, and not meant to be taken as part of the main series of weapons.... (that's also why you get the special items to build the weapons/armors)

Event weapons are fun weapons to play around with and if they are usable that's even better.. but more often thean not they are just there for looks and fun and part of the main MH seiries line otherwise there would be no point of any of the crossovers.

but you know what... the good thing about anything in MH is that you can choose to use it or not. If you don't like it there is always something else. Plenty of things to pick from and we all have different likes and dislikes so, there ya go.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)   MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:04 pm

I didn't say "I don't like it". It's a really smart and cool looking design. On top of it all we don't have too many IG right now so every new type counts. It's a great addition to IG collection!

I just pointed out that giving thunder element to such weapon (which is entirely human creation, looks like no monster parts included) is something I personally don't understand. But it happened in the past few times so I guess Capcom don't take rules of their own universe too seriously Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)   MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Antari... Remember they do use "mined" materials and ores in the game.. "No monster parts requiered". You often see forges in the background of the blacksmiths..

Also "likeing and disliking" something doesn't always involve "hate" or a decidedly negative context.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)   MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MH4U Weapon Design Contest Winner (Americas)
Page 1 of 1