Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)

Go down 
+7
Guild Adventure
dcj91x
MHWF
Verity19
DanielisAwesome52
MetaMarx
Tomderdepp
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Empty
PostSubject: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 3:17 pm

Capcom is doing a weapon design contest for Monster Hunter. The weapons of the 2 winners (one America, one EU/AUS) will be featured in "Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate" in a yet unknown way.

Any drawing technique is allowed but only one entry per person. The competition starts today and entries will be taken until May 5th.

More information and rules here:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2014/04/05/monster-hunter-4-ultimate-weapon-design-contest

Good Luck to everyone who want's to participate.

PS: Also could someone be so nice to explain this rule to me?:
If a Canadian resident wins a prize, that person must also answer correctly within a 5 minute time period a mathematical skill-testing question without the benefit of any calculating devices before the prize will be awarded.
(Human verification? or something like that?)

Last edited by Tomderdepp on Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 3:36 pm

All Canadians are androids, duh. Actually, that's a weird rule. I'm curious myself as to why that's a rule.
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:28 pm

I've starting drawing already, I would love to have a weapon of my own design in a Monster Hunter Game
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 3:18 am

MetaMarx wrote:
All Canadians are androids, duh. Actually, that's a weird rule. I'm curious myself as to why that's a rule.

Yep, they're trying to make sure the Canadian isn't an android like all the rest are... >.>
Might be some weird way of them saying they don't want Canadians entering? I mean, I personally have nothing against Canadians or residents of Canada whatsoever and mean no offense by this, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed that certain events and things will specifically state that it means North America can be/is involved, but Canada involvement isn't allowed/won't happen.
A very weird rule to do it through, but that might be it, though I'm sure people who are in Canada will still go for it, anyway. I might just start hoping a Canadian gets theirs picked now and successfully does this math problem properly for them xD
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 9:36 am

I decided to make this the forum theme until May 5th when the contest ends. This is a pretty big step for Capcom Japan in promoting Monster Hunter in the west and the first time they have ever allowed us to participate in designing a weapon. I want to get as much participation from the forum as we are able and it would be amazing if one of us actually won but even if not I think it's a great opertunity to show Capcom the amount of support MH has here in the west.

Good luck to everyone who enters!
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 9:50 am

as mentioned in the link there was a design competition for tri. not sure though if it involved the west. anyways, this are the winners from last time:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2010/02/01/the_fan_created_weapons_of_monster_hunter_tri
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:01 am

Ahh yes, that is correct, those were to replace the Japanese versions of the weapons. The Pirate J, The Tessaiga and something else...

That may mean these are to replace possibly the Silver spoon, and the universal studio weapons... Most others such as the One Piece and Nintendo items are already Western games... Could also be for other unannounces items as well.

We already know all MH4 items are in MH4U as this time around Capcom has announced (for japan) all data is transferable.

Back to top Go down
Guild Adventure
Gore Magala
Guild Adventure

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 8:45 pm

Some countrys have laws that forbid them to participate in international drawing contests, or in some type of them, i know it cause in spain we have it and i have been left out from some contests. I know Italy has something like that too. Maybe canadians have also some weird law and they are joking about it, because, you know, it IS weird xD

What i found more funny is this one xD

"The prize will be virtual.  The total monetary value of the prize is approximately £0/$0."
Back to top Go down
http://guildadventure.deviantart.com
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 9:31 am

Ya know... for some people that's a lot of money. :p
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:19 pm

^Yes, tons xD
Guild Adventure wrote:
Some countrys have laws that forbid them to participate in international drawing contests, or in some type of them, i know it cause in spain we have it and i have been left out from some contests. I know Italy has something like that too. Maybe canadians have also some weird law and they are joking about it, because, you know, it IS weird xD

That is a weird law, but, then again, I'm an American, so a law forbidding one from participating in such an innocent contest is beyond me xD
Maybe there's some reason behind it that the rest of us don't know about..?
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 6:41 pm

So weird laws/rules aside, has anyone come up with ideas? I've had a few but they're all Swaxes
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 9:30 pm

^I've been thinking over some ideas, but all of mine are turning out to be long swords rather than switch axes ^^"
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 11:13 pm

i wanna make greatswords and charge blades because it was pointed out that those are the japanese event weps that may be replaced but i cant think of any
Back to top Go down
Bidoof
Aptonoth
Bidoof

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 8:26 am

I suck at drawing but I'm gonna give this a go anyway.

I'm happy with what I've done so far, so I hope I can continue with it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 10:54 am

Canadians have to answer a skill testing question in contests in order to not affected by gambling laws in canada.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skill_testing_question

It's not like they are difficult questions, just need to go through that loophole for contests.
Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 11:06 am

^Well, that explains our math question for Canada...
Apparently it's the only way they would be allowed to participate, then, without legal issues rising from it ">.>
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 11:52 am

Ohhh... you know all this time I though the skill question for kanadia's were to see if was an actual one submiting the entry or not.. you know if they got the answer right it was someone from another country pretending to be one of them and all....

*dcj waits for the backlash from his comment (the typical ignorent american response)

Now back on subject:

So has anyone finished and submited their entry yet? I am interested in what everyone is submiting and really want to share mine with all of you but in all fairness feel we should not share anything until after the full entry date is over.

The Week after May 5th I will start a Gallery section for everyone who would like to share their submissions, and if you all would like we can even have a comment section (a friendly comment section) where you can say nice things about each persions submission and talk about your own weapon as well as + those you really like. What do you all think?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 12:03 pm

dcj91x wrote:

Now back on subject:

So has anyone finished and submited their entry yet? I am interested in what everyone is submiting and really want to share mine with all of you but in all fairness feel we should not share anything until after the full entry date is over.

The Week after May 5th I will start a Gallery section for everyone who would like to share their submissions, and if you all would like we can even have a comment section (a friendly comment section) where you can say nice things about each persions submission and talk about your own weapon as well as + those you really like. What do you all think?

I might have time to make one after my exams are done.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 12:13 pm

I'd be interested in seeing it Vort.

I wish everyone luck and hope everyone on the forum's gives it a shot no matter their skill level in art. If nothing else I think the more entries the more it shows our love for MH here in the west!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 1:11 pm

oh wait, i realized it isnt designing a new type of weapon. Maybe I won't make one then.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 1:23 pm

No, it's basically an art contest for one of the 14 already existing types.

Basically you design a weapon like the Tenabra or Sinister saints that was in MHTri that were also fan made weapons.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 9:43 pm

Someone should submit a compound looking bow. Something that maybe doesn't even fit the monster hunter setting (Kinda like the Hellhunter armor.). Too many bows look cheesy IMO. Having a bow that looks like a compound bow would be totally awesome. And I'd use it even if it were junk.
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 11:11 pm

Hunter's Stoutbow looks like a MH Era Compound Bow
Back to top Go down
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung
Oni Zelkami

Thank you Points : 151

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 11:54 pm

Uncolored concept of an SnS I've decided to work on. Shield is probably going to change, and isn't even finished in this version anyway. Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) PxTr6cw
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 12:09 am

I've got several designs I want to submit, should I upload them and see what the community thinks? (FYI its like thw Swaxes and two ChargeAxes for now)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)   Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weapon Design Contest (by Capcom)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next