Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 11 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 11 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread

Go down 
+26
Ryuuji
Ken Kurobasa
XenonFrost
TKMT
Ataraxia
Jojozityjo
Crystalis
kama
Samochan
A Drunk Ninja
th8827
Tomderdepp
dcj91x
Antari18
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Baumgart5
X Kitsune X
Shindouz
PAiN---
InstaCakes
Raptor98
yvz
Firpi
Phazon Xenomorph
Sephastus
E&Troy
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 3:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

I didn't see one of these threads yet so I decided to start one.

To start it off, does anyone know how to unlock all of the 6* Caravan quests? I want to fight the high rank Gore without doing the Gathering Hall quests.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 6:12 pm

Sephastus wrote:
I said it was a guaranteed hit... meaning, it will apply the crit status/element skill, not activate the effect.

If you hit with a weapon with 200 paralysis, your critical strike would add 50 points to that single hit. If you pass the thresh-hold, then it would paralyze the monster.

also of note, a fully charged (level 3) GS hit does 300% of the noted status/element, so using the same example, a weapon with 200 paralysis, at level 3 with critical draw and critical element, would do (200x3) x 1.25 = 750 paralysis

Also, those numbers I stated are the raw numbers you would plug into the formula that determines the actual final application.

I have done some testing and ^this^ is close to what I found.
Using Chamelios who has an initial sleep resistance of 200 and the Nercylla GS which has 500 sleep (with skills and eating) I was able to put it to sleep with 2 lvl3 charges, 1 lvl3 charge and 2 additional hits, or a combination of regular hits.

This also means that the initial lvl3 charge does x2 status not x3.

50 status x critical 1.25 x lvl3 charge (x2) = 125 sleep.
1 unsheathe attack does 62.5 and a non crit attack will do 50.

However there is no good way to know when the status will activate with the initial charge. I did up to 5 lvl3 charges in a row, sheathing each time, without a status effect and one time I got two charges in a row where it did activate.

I was hoping that using charges would cause the status to activate more often but this does not appear to be the case. So I guess this again proves that the great sword is still a poor choice for status application.
I may look into element too. That is much more reliable when it comes to activations rates (every hit).

Thanks for your help guys.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 10:18 am

You have to also take into concideration that monsters build up a resistance after each activation. And you can't say MY numbers are wrong, cause I took it from sites that have that actual back-end formulas for this stuff.

Go to kirinikos and check out the monster initial tolerance and their resistance build ups.

As for why it looked random to you, you have to take a few things into consideration:

1, every few seconds, the monster looses a bit of whatever status number it was at. So if it was at 124 (and the threshold was 125), and you waited 1 minute to hit it again, then it would have already gone down to 75 or below (Made up numbers). Also, When using the greatsword, and hitting things in their sleep, you are doing 3x the original damage/elemental/status.

So, lets say that you hit it into sleep, with a hit that did 50 *actual* sleep, when the monster needed only 1 more point to put it to sleep. That means, 49 of those points went into going to the next threshold. Your next hit is a triple - triple critical... so 9x the status of a normal hit (vs a level 3 charge). This could easily bring the monster to the brink of a threshold, which means your next hit could put it to sleep again.

Once the monster has built up a resistance, then it would seem like you can do 4 and 5 greatsword charges and it is not going to sleep. It is not because it is random, but because too much time is passing amongst the hits, and/or the resistance is just that high.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 1:01 pm

@Sephastus: Yeah, I knew that.
I was just replying to A Drunk Ninja's post, where I got the idea that he was asking if getting a critical hit with the Critical Status skill would guarantee the activation of the actual status.
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 4:14 pm

@Sephastus: Than you for bringing up the tolerance build up.
In my testing I was only looking at the first status activation so after it fell asleep I abandoned the quest to keep as much the same as I could.

I know that the amount of status damage decreases over time and I was keeping track of that as well. If it longer than a minute of so I would restart. I did this maybe 30 times, testing the different combinations of attacks and getting the status to activate, until I had reliable results for each condition I was looking at.

To recap: I was looking at if a raw critical determined a status activation, it does not.
I was looking at if critical draw guarantees a status crit when the status activates, it does.

This is why I tried the different combination of attacks, to find how the status damage lined up with the calculated damage.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 5:49 pm

Gotcha drunk. One final thing, is "Where" on the monster you hit it, and on the greatsword, on what part of the blade you hit it. A hit with the tip of the greatsword will not do as much as the center portion.

All in all, there are so many variables to concider that finding out what exactly is going on in the back end can be very time consuming (as you have no doubt found out). It's a reason I read multiple sites and multiple back-end information on how a lot of this stuff functions.

My final conclusion: Just do whatever is fun, and stop min-maxing. :-D
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 7:01 pm

I hadn't thought of those variables. And you are right, it's too much work for what it's worth. I actually had much more fun making the set to test it than the actual testing.

Games are made for having fun! Not being frustrated at a game mechanic.
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 12:24 pm

Is the Diablos event quest armor worth making? I already have the 9 tickets needed to make it but just wondering if people find it useful.

If so, what waist is good to put with it? Assume something with Handicraft to get the sharp+1 but would also think cap guru points would be good to help with that.
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 9:46 pm

Use the nargacuga x waist and finish handicraft with the tali. You might be able to fit in evasion or evade distance if your talisman is good enough and you have some weapon slots.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 11:08 pm

I personally use the Gogmazios waist because it matches well visually, and also gives +4 Expert as well as 2 slots for Challenger, my set gives:

Critical Eye +3
Challenger +2
Bounty Hunter
Sharpness +1
Weakness Exploit

So with the matching weapon, I can get 90% affinity, which is quite fun. Needs a Handicraft/Spirit talisman though, which can be rough to find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread   Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Question Thread
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11