Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Request an Armor Set!

Go down 
+16
GMK_Jordan
Bidoof
X Kitsune X
TheLaw
Jojozityjo
Tomderdepp
XenonFrost
Antari18
TKMT
A Drunk Ninja
E&Troy
th8827
Crystalis
Sephastus
InstaCakes
Phazon Xenomorph
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 10:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

So while we already have a thread for what sets you are currently wearing or using, we don't have a help thread for people looking to make sets. Back in 3U some of our more experienced members could either figure out on their own how to make a set, or use Athena (is that even updated yet? or something similar now?) effectively. So here's a thread for getting help since we can't just pester the pros on Twitch and Youtube, like Melf, Gaijin, and Iceman.

So yeah, let the requesting begin! I'll start things off!

Is it possible for me to get a set with: Honed Blade, Edge Lore, Rodeo God, and either Partbreaker or Evasion or Bombardier (I know there are crazy stuffs to get in high level guild quests like gems you normally can't, I don't mind the farming part). Is this possible?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 4:59 pm

kama wrote:
Okay guys. I need your help on making armor sets based on my talisman. Any sets is fine, I simply want to make use of the talismans that ive had obtain so far. Thanks in advance^^

Talisman List
Spoiler:

Here's one set:

Two Slot Weapon: Evasion Jewel 2
Gravios Helm X: Evasion Jewel 1
Kushala Cista X: Evasion Jewel 2
Gravios Vambraces S: Ironwall Jewel 2
Kushala Cocoon X: Artisan Jewel 3
Gravios Greaves X: Ironwall Jewel 2
----------------------------------------------------------------
Talisman: Evasion +6, Defense +10

Skills:
Defense Up (L)
Evasion +3
Guard +2
Sharpness +1

Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 9:58 pm

burning_rogue wrote:
I just so happen to come across that godly talisman an hour ago! Thank you Yes by vort

Oh wow, nice! I recommend the first set because Crit Draw is immensely useful on GS, and Earplugs does work vs a lot of monsters, and you can always buy Disposable Earplugs for vs the ones that need HGE. However, there's still the issue of needing 2 slots on the weapon...
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 5:36 pm

Hey Crystalis, or anyone, I need the ultimate gunlance shelling set. I'd be using a wide 5 shell and would be spamming shells, charged shells, poke combo full unload, and wyvern fire.

Gunlances I'm looking at are like the crimson fatalis one for example. So what skills am I looking for?
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 12:27 am

Artillery God is pretty much your only priority, as explosions aren't affected by sharpness. I'd also take Guard Boost and Guard +2 skills considering that'd be the easiest way to work with shell lancing, Attack Up and Challenger +2 help with extra damage, and anything else can simply be personal preference quality-of-life skills.

Also, don't bother with the poke combo full unload, that's for Normal Gunlances which have 5 shell ammo. Wide Gunlances only have 2 ammo, so their full unload is quite pitiful.

Feel free to take Load Up (Barrage Earring I think) if you like, but I've never had reloading problems (you can quickly reload a single shell after every shot anyway).
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 3:37 pm

Crystalis wrote:
Artillery God is pretty much your only priority, as explosions aren't affected by sharpness. I'd also take Guard Boost and Guard +2 skills considering that'd be the easiest way to work with shell lancing, Attack Up and Challenger +2 help with extra damage, and anything else can simply be personal preference quality-of-life skills.

Also, don't bother with the poke combo full unload, that's for Normal Gunlances which have 5 shell ammo. Wide Gunlances only have 2 ammo, so their full unload is quite pitiful.

Feel free to take Load Up (Barrage Earring I think) if you like, but I've never had reloading problems (you can quickly reload a single shell after every shot anyway).

Any generic skill sets that give those so I can hunt them down?
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 7:12 pm

Black Gravios gives Guard Up, Sheathing, and Fencing points and a lot of slots, while Artillery is best done just with a good talisman and jewels since its so efficient, so something like:

Hellruin Gunlance (Artillery Jewel 1)
Gravios Z (Sheathe Jewel 2)
Gravios Z (Ironwall Jewel 2, Artillery Jewel 1)
Black Belt
Gravios Z (Shield Jewel 2)
Diablos X (Sheathe Jewel 2, Shield Jewel 1)
Guard +6 Artillery +12 (Ironwall Jewel 2, Artillery Jewel 1)

with a Guard/Artillery talisman (some combination of +9/14 from weapon slots/talisman slots/talisman points) can get you Artillery God, Guard +2, Guard Boost, Mind's Eye, Quick Sheathe, and Iron Wall.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 12:51 am

Crystalis wrote:
Black Gravios gives Guard Up, Sheathing, and Fencing points and a lot of slots, while Artillery is best done just with a good talisman and jewels since its so efficient, so something like:

Hellruin Gunlance (Artillery Jewel 1)
Gravios Z (Sheathe Jewel 2)
Gravios Z (Ironwall Jewel 2, Artillery Jewel 1)
Black Belt
Gravios Z (Shield Jewel 2)
Diablos X (Sheathe Jewel 2, Shield Jewel 1)
Guard +6 Artillery +12 (Ironwall Jewel 2, Artillery Jewel 1)

with a Guard/Artillery talisman (some combination of +9/14 from weapon slots/talisman slots/talisman points) can get you Artillery God, Guard +2, Guard Boost, Mind's Eye, Quick Sheathe, and Iron Wall.

Anything that doesn't give minds eye which is useless for shelling? Maybe bombardier? Since my prime gl is crimson fatalis? And what about challenger 2? Does it affect shells and wyvern fire?
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 2:08 am

Phazon Xenomorph wrote:
And what about challenger 2? Does it affect shells and wyvern fire?

I doubt it does, since the shots from the GL aren't affected by the raw power of the weapon (also meaning that the affinity won't make a difference either).
I'm actually not sure how wyvern fire works though, so I'm not sure about that one.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 6:54 pm

Well if you don't want Mind's Eye, then don't ever think about touching that lance poke button because it becomes impossible to use it without getting punished if you're against any strong monster. However, it comes with Gravios Z regardless of whether you want it or not. I suggested it in the first place since it has an absurd number of slots, Guard Boost, came with lots of points in Quick Sheathe and Mind's Eye, two skills that I personally find very useful on Gunlance, and a free Iron Wall to boot thanks to the +3 on the chest.

You could likely easily add Bombardier since it's a simple +2 O skill, but Challenger is likely impossible since it reduces Guard, my apologies for forgetting that in the first place in my initial suggestion, and talismans can only give you up to Spirit +6 at max.

I'm not even sure if Gunlance shells can apply element/status in the first place, since they do true damage plus a nominal amount of fire damage rather than an actual weapon strike. As I stated earlier, the only real damage skill that's required is Artillery God. Since my personal preference is making hunts easier to do with some supplementary defense/utility skills rather than potentially speeding up my hunt time by a minute or so, I had suggested the ones that I did, especially the Guard skills.
Back to top Go down
Un-Tan
Seltas Queen
Un-Tan

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 4:37 pm

Generally speaking, what skills do you want to go for when using a normal shot HBG?
Found a neat relic that I want to use.
30% affinity
It loads 9, 11, 11 normal shots with 0, 0, 5 pierce and 3, 3, 3 crag. as backup.
Has low recoil.
crouch fires: normal3, pellet1, crag1, flaming S
It also comes with +4 SteadyHand so I can probably make something out of that.

Currently thinking along the lines of this but I got no idea what you want for normal shots as I generally just adre pierce gun or status gun whenever I do gun.
Weakness Exploit
Challenger+2
Silver Bullets
Latent Power+2

But yeah if I could get a list of the generally good skills to have on a HBG when normal shots is the main ammo type that would be nice ^^
Leave the armor making to me, just some tips on what skills to go for really.
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 9:43 pm

For me if the set is not for hame runs them I always put evade extender in. That helps a ton with not getting hit. If you can put in normal up that is nice to have as well. And normal up is absolutely better than latent power to so unless you have rajang parts and it comes with it already use the space for something else. The rest looks great! And that's a nice relic you found.
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 11:08 pm

Latentpower skill is like, so very weak. Only activates maybe once or twice per quests since it needs like 5min loadup time and even then the buff is pretty weak. I only ever use it if I can't get anything else or more defence or better looking armour set.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 7:04 pm

Having Latent Power +1 or +2 with Challenger +2 is a bad idea, since activating one will deactivate the other one.
And having Challenger +2 activate, and then you lose it because of Latent Power +2 is really awful.

I think a set with Challenger +2, Tenderizer, Silver Bullet, Evade Extender and some attack skill would be nice (if it would be possible).

Or you also go the route with Fleet Feet, skip Challenger +2, and just get some skills with that.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 6:38 am

I know on page 6 I long ago requested a Honed Blade / Razor Sharp / Evasion+3 / Challenger+2 set and that it is possible with a +4 Edgemaster and +9 Evasion with 3 slots charm.

Two things. One is that even remotely possible as a legit charm from Guild Quests (imagine nothing like that can come from Enduring) at level 140.

And Two, I was wondering if I could request a slightly different version of that set? Basically I'm trying to power farm Savage Jhos and they are proving to be a little difficult since I havent played in a white...sooooo:

Can I get / is it possible to get a set with: Honed Blade, Razor Sharp, Evasion+3, Evade Extender, AND tremor resist? or if not all one set with the first three and evade extend, and another with the first three and tremor resist?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 8:18 pm

It becomes a lot easier if you have an Edgemaster Relic weapon. Full Kujula gives 3 points in Honed Blade (completed with weapon and talisman), Razor Sharp, and Evade Extender, with plenty of slots available.

I'm running a +5 Edge weapon, +2 Edge +7 Evasion OO charm, which (charm filled to +10) gives

Honed Blade
Razor Sharp
Evasion +1
Evade Extender
Peak Performance
Constitution +1
+4 OOO skill (or +3 OO but less efficient, basically 8 open slots in a 1-1-3-3)

Currently running Weakness Exploit in the last slot. Upgrading to Evasion +3 is definitely possible, while having a +2 O skill such as Tremor Res only leaves 3 slots open, which if you do remove the Poison jewel and keep the Double Poison skill, you can have 4 slots open to upgrade Evasion to +2.

The problem is Honed Blade messing with full sets, which is why having a Relic weapon eases up so much on the other requirements. I pinged Athena because I couldn't find any other armors that gave as much of the relevant skills, and nothing came up for all of the skills.

Plenty of results pop up when sacrificing Evade Extender, but the lowest Talismans seem to be in the area of Edgemaster +1 / Evasion +7 OOO or +2/+6 so they seem to be less effective than the full set I'm running tbh, but they don't require a relic weapon.

Something along the lines of

Skull Visage
Grand Divine Ire Robe
Kujula Grip
Grand Divine Ire Obi
Vangis Greaves X
Edge +2 Evasion +6 OOO
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 6:21 pm

Ugh I haven't bothered with relic hunting in a while, and I hear the groups have gotten far more ridiculous, nevermind the fact I'm NEVER gonna get a relic insect glaive that I'd actually use. Also mostly wanted this set so I can solo g rank Savage Jhos easier.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 9:56 pm

Then honestly the second set I listed should be fine. Jho's a clunky monster whose attacks go a long distance, so Evade Extender probably isn't necessary while you have Evasion+.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Request an Armor Set!
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6