Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Request an Armor Set!

Go down 
+16
GMK_Jordan
Bidoof
X Kitsune X
TheLaw
Jojozityjo
Tomderdepp
XenonFrost
Antari18
TKMT
A Drunk Ninja
E&Troy
th8827
Crystalis
Sephastus
InstaCakes
Phazon Xenomorph
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 10:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

So while we already have a thread for what sets you are currently wearing or using, we don't have a help thread for people looking to make sets. Back in 3U some of our more experienced members could either figure out on their own how to make a set, or use Athena (is that even updated yet? or something similar now?) effectively. So here's a thread for getting help since we can't just pester the pros on Twitch and Youtube, like Melf, Gaijin, and Iceman.

So yeah, let the requesting begin! I'll start things off!

Is it possible for me to get a set with: Honed Blade, Edge Lore, Rodeo God, and either Partbreaker or Evasion or Bombardier (I know there are crazy stuffs to get in high level guild quests like gems you normally can't, I don't mind the farming part). Is this possible?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 4:11 pm

Need 2 things.

Need an armor set that will easily break 1000 Defense, going for maximum defense or close to it.

Need a good all around bow set.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 4:27 pm

Phazon Xenomorph wrote:
Need 2 things.

Need an armor set that will easily break 1000 Defense, going for maximum defense or close to it.

I can't for the life of me think of why you would need that much defense. If you do not want to get one shotted, get the guts skill. 1 Mega potion and 1 herb makes sure you are above 60health again, and no possibility of a 1 shot.

Then again, I have little experience with some of the higher level G ranks (Cept the occasional Apex Rajang that showed up).
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 4:53 pm

Sephastus wrote:
Phazon Xenomorph wrote:
Need 2 things.

I can't for the life of me think of why you would need that much defense. If you do not want to get one shotted, get the guts skill. 1 Mega potion and 1 herb makes sure you are above 60health again, and no possibility of a 1 shot.

Then again, I have little experience with some of the higher level G ranks (Cept the occasional Apex Rajang that showed up).

Has nothing to do with getting 1 shot, more for the gimmick of having it for lols.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 8:27 pm

I just got a Fire Atk +7, Psychic +11 Talisman. Since I have a set that uses both Psychic and Fire Atk, it opened up 6 slots on that set. Either 3, 2, 1, or 2, 2, 2. The 3 slots are on the weapon.

Currently, I have Fire Atk +3, Autotracker, Constitution +2, and Def Lock.

Which skill should I gem in? I'm considering Tremon Res, but I'm not sure if there is a better one.

Last edited by th8827 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 8:44 pm

Phazon Xenomorph wrote:
Need 2 things.

Gravios X with armor spheres and two Defense Jewel 2. Weapon with defense bonus and Defense hone. Done.

Can't help much with bow, I'm still learning it myself.

th8827 wrote:
I just got a fire Atk +7, Psychis +11 Talisman. Since I have a set that uses both Psychic and Fire Atk, it opened up 6 slots on that set. Either 3, 2, 1, or 2, 2, 2. The 3 slots are on the weapon.

Which skill should I gem in? I'm considering Tremon Res, but I'm not sure if there is a better one.

What weapon is this for, and with what armor?
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 12:10 am

Crystalis wrote:
th8827 wrote:
I just got a Fire Atk +7, Psychic +11 Talisman. Since I have a set that uses both Psychic and Fire Atk, it opened up 6 slots on that set. Either 3, 2, 1, or 2, 2, 2. The 3 slots are on the weapon.

What weapon is this for, and with what armor?

Kecha Z Armor, with the Tamo Saggrama (fully upgraded Ash Kecha) Long Sword. Autotracker is gemmed in with 2 extra gems, and Water Res -20 is gemmed out with one more gem.

It is not a top tier armor, but I really like it. Being able to panic dive towards a monster is nice.

Last edited by th8827 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 1:58 am

Ah, so you basically can only gem in skills that have +2 O jewels. 6 slots will get you +9 at most for other skills.

Speed Sharpening is really nice, Perception matches well with Autotracker, Mounting Master is always helpful (even though you'd need ledges, it's still quite usable), Rationer is interesting though I've never tried it, Mycology exists (I'm kidding, pls no).

And if you're in the mood to make a lot of decorations, you can make several registered armor sets for various situational purposes, since they change decorations for you. Any of the elemental resistances, Heat Cancel, Cold Cancel, Mud/Snow, Bleeding, lot of stuff exists.

I'd personally go with Perception since I rarely have sharpening issues, but you've got plenty of options.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 2:29 am

Mycology, you say? Interesting...

Seriously, though, with a base of 15 Fire and Dragon Res, it might be worth making a set with those resistance gems to give me an additional +15 on those elements and reach 30 to negate most damage from those elements. And it would be nice to cancel out my Thunder or Ice weakness, as well.

I did love having Perception on my older armor sets, too.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 1:16 pm

Crystalis wrote:
Rationer is interesting though I've never tried it

I've used it before. It's actually kind of nice, as it will occasionally say "All you needed was one bite!" and you don't consume that item. The cool thing is, it works with everything you consume (That I've tried), including max poitions.

Phazon Xenomorph wrote:

I think the Kushala X gunner armor isn't bad for an all around bow set. It has Fastcharge, Evasion +1, 3 points towards Load Up, and lots of slots.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 12:15 pm

I want an item-centric set:

Recovery Up
Item Use Up
(optional) Quick Sheath
Rationer (I have a +7 OOO LightEater tali)
Speed Eating+2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 1:54 pm

The problem with that set is that your talisman is for the easiest to get skill, one of two with a +2 O jewel.

Full Nibelsnarf X armor gets you Speed Eating +2, Quick Sheath, and Punishing Draw. It has six slots, so you can easily fit in Rationer with 5 of them. The problem is getting Recovery Up, a skill that has +3 OO jewels. It's most straightforward with a RecLevel +10 OOO talisman (should exist), with a one-slot weapon, that leaves 5 more slots open for gemming in Item Use Up. Conversely, you could use a worse talisman with more weapon slots. For example, with a +10 Rationer OOO and a three-slot weapon on the set I listed below, you could tag on Item Use Up with the weapon plus the two slots freed up from no longer needing the Satiated Jewels.

The next closest armor was Khezu Z, which has RecLevel and Rationer, but that leaves precious points off of Speed Eating, a very hard skill to gem for, as it only has +1 O and +4 OOO, only making it harder on yourself.

I was always able to come close with the combinations I tried, but none actually worked without changing your talisman out for a better one. As it currently stands, you'd have to sacrifice Item Use Up.

Nibelsnarf Helm X
Satiated Jewel 1

Nibelsnarf Mail X
Medicine Jewel 2

Nibelsnarf Braces X
Medicine Jewel 1

Nibelsnarf Faulds X
Medicine Jewel 2

Nibelsnarf Greaves X
No Slots

Talisman (Rationer +7)
Medicine Jewel 2, Satiated Jewel 1

Speed Eating +2
Rationer
Quick Sheathe
Recovery Up
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 10:38 am

So I had a set for the bushido in 3U that had Sharpness +1, razor sharp, awake, evasion +1, and bomb boost.

I also had a set with Honed blade, evasion +1, razor sharp/element attack up, and stamina recover up.

Are there comparable sets this time around? These were my Sns/DB sets (obviously) and I would love to have them again. I would normally use a armor builder but I have a Mac and Athenas doesn't run and mhag.info does not have MH4U stuff
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 11:37 am

If you'd like to play around for yourself, the Kiranico armor builder works very well, the only problem is that it can't take into account talismans for you.

I'm in class right now but I'll get to messing around with it soon. Too early for me to make any accurate predictions but because of the lack of Hallowed Jhen armor, it might be too difficult for those specific skills, although there are certainly armor combinations along that level of power.
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 12:47 pm

Crystalis wrote:
If you'd like to play around for yourself, the Kiranico armor builder works very well, the only problem is that it can't take into account talismans for you.

I'm in class right now but I'll get to messing around with it soon. Too early for me to make any accurate predictions but because of the lack of Hallowed Jhen armor, it might be too difficult for those specific skills, although there are certainly armor combinations along that level of power.

Thanks, I have used that a bit but without adding talismans and decorations it has been difficult to get anything figured out. I used gigi x and artisian x then nether stuff for the sets so I figured there wouldn't be much available with this generation.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 1:27 pm

A Drunk Ninja wrote:
So I had a set for the bushido in 3U that had Sharpness +1, razor sharp, awake, evasion +1, and bomb boost.

I also had a set with Honed blade, evasion +1, razor sharp/element attack up, and stamina recover up.

Are there comparable sets this time around? These were my Sns/DB sets (obviously) and I would love to have them again. I would normally use a armor builder but I have a Mac and Athenas doesn't run and mhag.info does not have MH4U stuff

You mentioned in a different thread that you will likely be making the Ruiner Sns. So I'm assuming you will have 3 slots available for those sets.
I'll let you know that they are definitively possible as my MH4U Athena's A.S.S. has about 4500 solutions (For the Sharpness +1, Razor Sharp, Awaken, Evasion +1, and Bombardier) so far, and it's only about a 3rd of the way through searching.

This is with MH4 talismans too, which I'm not sure how much they vary with MH4U's talismans.

I know I've personally made a set with (Using a two slot weapon.) AuXL, Speed Eating +2, Sharpness +1, Razor Sharp and Awaken. But that's using a Free Element +4, Handicraft +7 talisman. So I doubt you'd be able to make it the same way I do.

I'll edit this post once my A.S.S. finishes searching.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 1:33 pm

Yeah, when I was trying to look for workable sets I didn't want to have to include a wicked specific talisman, especially since Handicraft and Razor Sharp counteract each other for decorations.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 2:00 pm

E&Troy wrote:
A Drunk Ninja wrote:

You mentioned in a different thread that you will likely be making the Ruiner Sns. So I'm assuming you will have 3 slots available for those sets.
I'll let you know that they are definitively possible as my MH4U Athena's A.S.S. has about 4500 solutions (For the Sharpness +1, Razor Sharp, Awaken, Evasion +1, and Bombardier) so far, and it's only about a 3rd of the way through searching.

This is with MH4 talismans too, which I'm not sure how much they vary with MH4U's talismans.

I know I've personally made a set with (Using a two slot weapon.) AuXL, Speed Eating +2, Sharpness +1, Razor Sharp and Awaken. But that's using a Free Element +4, Handicraft +7 talisman. So I doubt you'd be able to make it the same way I do.

I'll edit this post once my A.S.S. finishes searching.

EDIT - Welp, my 38105 results are in.

And... The majority of the talismans required are Handicraft talismans that either do another skill (e.g. Free Element) or have 2-3 slots.

I'm not sure what talismans you have,  so if you could post any Handicraft and Sharpness talismans you have, I'll re-search and see what I get.

Hmm, I just realized I hit "Quote" and not "edit"... -_-
Back to top Go down
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 2:46 pm

Thank you for your help! 38k solutions... I feel kind of dumb now.
I just finished the 9 start caravan quests and I don't have a large selection of talismans yet. If you just send a set with some of the common armors used and an idea of the talisman I can work out the details. I just really didn't know where to start. I can be patient waiting for the right talisman too.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 3:29 pm

Don't feel dumb, 99% of those solutions are either minute or aesthetic changes to decorations or talismans.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 4:17 pm

Crystalis wrote:
Don't feel dumb, 99% of those solutions are either minute or aesthetic changes to decorations or talismans.

^ This
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 6:54 pm

Workin on a crazy set right now. It's basically solely to be anti-Chameleos. It's a dual sword set (dual dragons angst) that will be Sharp+1, Razor Sharp, and Dragon attack+3, the hardest part of the set is the savage deviljho g rank arms, I could do a slightly different set that wouldn't need as crazy of stuff but I'm tired of Seltas / Seltas Queen, and this set yields more end defense. It's like Seltas Helm X , Tempest Robe (amatsu trade parts), Savage Jho G arms, Garuga Tasset X waist, and Tempest legs.

All in all I'm gonna exploit the living crap outta Chameleos dragon weakness again. Just like in Unite.
Back to top Go down
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 8:11 pm

Weapon
Dragon Jewel 2

Rebellion Helm Z
No Slots

Grand Divine Ire Robe
Razor Jewel 3

Kujula Grip
Dragon Jewel 1

Kushala Cocoon X
Razor Jewel 3

Miralis Drouges
Dragon Jewel 1

Talisman (Evasion +6 Dragon Atk +12)
Dragon Jewel 2, Evasion Jewel 1

Honed Blade
Razor Sharp
Dragon Atk +3
Evasion +1
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 5:20 am

I already have full Gravios X to play around with super defense / guard+2 for things like CB and lance...

But I need like a god tier Evasion lance set. Something insane like Evasion+3, Guard+2, Constitution (if possible cause yay reduce stamina drain), and even Evade Distance (though it can put you away from the spot you were hitting so this skill is maybe least desirable). I basically want to be able to evade and guard lance depending on the situation without changing armor.

Oh and maybe Sharp+1 if it turns out that some skills aren't as needed like Constitution or evade distance.

What you got in mind Crystalis?

EDIT: Actually in hindsight that might be bad cause i might lose some attack skills so if possible Crystalis (or anyone else though Crysta is bossing up the thread and being super helpful) could I trouble you for a god tier Lance Guard Set, Lance Evasion set (with super evasion / attack skills), and a mix of both like initially requested?
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 5:49 am

I'd like a set with Evasion+3, razor sharp, and sharpness+1.// Or at least evasion+2.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 6:49 am

TKMT wrote:
I'd like a set with Evasion+3, razor sharp, and sharpness+1.// Or at least evasion+2.

Given what I've seen Crystalis make and come up with, you can probably get Honed Blade instead of Sharp+1, plus everything else, real good at making armor sets. Maybe even an extra skill on-top of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Request an Armor Set!   Request an Armor Set! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Request an Armor Set!
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next