Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Checking in with all users! Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Checking in with all users! Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Checking in with all users!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Checking in with all users! Empty
PostChecking in with all users!

So it's been ages since any of us seem to have posted here. Just checking in to see who is still lingering around despite it looks like there hasn't been a post in ages.

Seems the thing we all wanted, a surge in popularity for Monster Hunter... has killed off our niche little community heh. Now Twitch streamers, Youtubers, and reddit/social media is responsible for most organized groups, or most just use the SOS Flare in World.

So... who is still around these days that we'd all recognize?
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Checking in with all users! :: Comments

Ares
Re: Checking in with all users!
Post Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:05 pm by Ares
Ares reporting in. Forgot this forum ever existed but saw a newsletter in my spam email box that reminded me it exists. Funny how outdated everything here is. This was the first forum I ever joined when I was 13.
ghostwind101
Post Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:45 pm by ghostwind101
Ares wrote:
Ares reporting in. Forgot this forum ever existed but saw a newsletter in my spam email box that reminded me it exists. Funny how outdated everything here is. This was the first forum I ever joined when I was 13.

Same exact thing happened to me. Got a newsletter in my spam and got hit with a wave of nostalgia. Funny how I was obsessed with MH back in middle school but now I don't play it, despite the game being so popular. School and work suck :P
TheLaw
Post Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:31 am by TheLaw

I still linger from time to time.
Considering that I no longer play Monster Hunter, despite having a killer PC to do so, I have little time nowadays with work, as well as looking after a house.

I remember joining back when I was 17, how the years have passed..

In saying that though, I could easily pick up 4u, and still kick ass like a god.

Nice to see a few people around still.
Phazon Xenomorph
Post Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:12 am by Phazon Xenomorph
It's a shame that smaller communities died, but on a whole Monster Hunter is looking better than ever.

Glad to see some faces I recognize the names of, life sure has gone by over the years.
Red
Post Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:35 pm by Red
I'm still here as well. Nice to see you again.
Un-Tan
Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:19 pm by Un-Tan
Woooooow.

Didn't even get a notification of this thread. Just decided to see when the last msg in each subforum was. I still check the forum quite often. I still play GenU every now and then but that's about it. I am not a massive fan of MH World so not playing that one too much.
Shiinobu
Post Tue May 05, 2020 10:44 am by Shiinobu
Oh dear, its been years since i've been here. So many good old memories and grand times with you all.
Hope you're all doing just fine in these rather unfortunate times.
That said, do any of the users still play MHW from time to time?

Kind regards,
Shiin
Raptor98
Post Mon May 11, 2020 8:32 pm by Raptor98
Haven't been here in forever, but I'll check in as well. I'm in the same boat as Un-tan, mainly playing GU, didn't care for World.
BoredForLife
Post Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:08 am by BoredForLife
Got hit with some nostalgia and visited to see if anyone posts here

It's really strange how things have changed for this fan base and I do miss that old sense of a smaller community, but I think it all has been for the better.
Great memories from this site, hope everyone has been ok in this shitty year and who knows maybe we'll randomly meet online in Rise cat
Crystalis
Post Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:25 am by Crystalis
Hey everyone, I had a discussion today on Discord about how different current-era communication is compared to the older times where everyone was on forums, and this was the first place that came to mind in my memory, so I decided to wax nostalgia and re-read some of the threads in here. It's kinda sad to see everything so inactive and outdated, but I'm still vastly impressed that the website is technically still alive and kicking. If anyone else is out there, feel free to say hi, but otherwise I'll just be putting in this shoutout for the world to see if they come across this again. Gonna go post in Roon's more recent thread now, but this more generic thread seemed like a good place to start, I fondly remember many of the users on the forum especially those that were active in MHTri and MH4U.

Cheers,
Mystletaynn
(seriously this account is so old it predates my current username I've had for a very long time)

P.S. If you do manage to contact me, my Twitter is the same @ and my Discord is Mystletaynn#9068.
P.P.S. I'm kinda slacking in Rise lol, only like HR130 or something, I have multiple series to juggle.
Roon
Post Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:54 am by Roon
Hey friend, you're not accepting Friend Requests on your Discord. You're going to have to add me yourself. It's Monster Huntress Roon#2068
TheLaw
Post Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:59 am by TheLaw
Crystalis wrote:
Hey everyone, I had a discussion today on Discord about how different current-era communication is compared to the older times where everyone was on forums, and this was the first place that came to mind in my memory, so I decided to wax nostalgia and re-read some of the threads in here. It's kinda sad to see everything so inactive and outdated, but I'm still vastly impressed that the website is technically still alive and kicking. If anyone else is out there, feel free to say hi, but otherwise I'll just be putting in this shoutout for the world to see if they come across this again. Gonna go post in Roon's more recent thread now, but this more generic thread seemed like a good place to start, I fondly remember many of the users on the forum especially those that were active in MHTri and MH4U.

Funny you should mention MHTri. Amongst a few friends whom I met in 3u, were talking about it the other day on Discord, I would totally pick up the series again with a nostalgia trip in Loc Lac City.
Whilst aforementioned I have given up Monster Hunter as a series, I would gladly pick up 4u to hunt with a few of you again (timezones and days permitting).

I'd post my Discord tag, but I'll only accept those whom I know the request is from.

Cheers,
Law.
shadowbinder
Post Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:19 pm by shadowbinder
doing my 5 year check in, weird to see so many names that i remember still commenting/checking in here
Un-Tan
Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:28 pm by Un-Tan
If more of you commented more often it wouldn't be as much of a graveyard ;)

Can't really say that I play any monhun actively lately. World and Rise kind of killed the desire about the new games for me. For one the amount of handholding with things like built in auto-tracker and gathering speed. The armor skill system isn't interesting, Both the combat and gathering is too fast paced. Having monsters scale with party members the way it does and the SOS system kind of changed the social dynamics of the game(and in my opinion for the worse).

#OldManYellingAtClouds
Crystalis
Post Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:06 am by Crystalis
Ahahaha wow, this board is really old-school, I forgot to click "watch this topic for replies" and was just waiting for emails that would never come, I feel so silly now.

A lot of my time recently has actually been in Monster Hunter Stories 2 (although I'm on PC there because framerate on Switch is baaaaad), as an avid Pokemon fan who's very sad with the current state of that franchise, Stories has been absolutely wonderful.

Roon wrote:
Hey friend, you're not accepting Friend Requests on your Discord. You're going to have to add me yourself. It's Monster Huntress Roon#2068

I would have gotten around to this muuuuch sooner if I hadn't made the above error, but Discord is saying it's not finding any profiles when I tried to send you a friend request, unfortunately. Just changed my privacy settings for now to allow incoming friend requests, although since I know who'll be sending it I can just reject anyone else's that I don't know. I'm also in the Arekkz Gaming Discord server for MH related things since I don't like how big the Reddit-based MH server is.
GrashXL002
Post Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:24 am by GrashXL002
Don't know if anyone from here remembers me, used to hang around in the chat box a lot back in 2012-2015 sort of time (I was younger than the forum's minimum age back then lol). Kinda cool to see the website's still knocking about, though as someone else said above it's also weird seeing how much mainstream success monster hunter has now. I remember back in the days of freedom unite and tri I would ask people if they'd ever played monster hunter and most wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about, now thanks to World everyone has at least heard of it. Don't play so much nowadays as I have other stuff going on in my life but it's been a nice little nostalgia trip looking through here. If anyone who does remember me wants to add me on anything (steam, discord, etc) I use BlitzNexus as my username for most things now.

Also shout-out to whoever it was from here that recommended me Clannad back in the day, has been in my top 3 anime ever since.

EDIT: Had a look through some old threads I wrote, it's very obvious I was a child. Not sure why I wasn't banned lol. Here's a decade-late apology for the low quality threads I made.

Last edited by GrashXL002 on Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Akai the White Lightning
Post Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:10 pm by Akai the White Lightning
Ey Akai reporting in! Almost been a decade since I was super active here! So many great memories, it's great to see you all, especially the names i remember aha, I've no idea how many remember me in return. I'm down to reconnect if anyone is interested though, I haven't kept up super hard with Sunbreak but I do have it at least!
Post  by Sponsored content

Checking in with all users!

Page 1 of 1