Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!

Go down 
+4
Roon
Phazon Xenomorph
Yamatsu
Lagiacrus the ultimate
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos
Lagiacrus the ultimate

Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Empty
PostSubject: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 1:10 pm

My weapon, bounced of it's hide like a toy, then it beat me away pathetically. I, was dumbfounded. In short, how do I break the hide of Basarios.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 1:36 pm

Use a Heavy/Light Bowgun or Hammer while fighting Basarios.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 1:55 pm

If you use something like a LS, just keep hitting and bouncing till you get a full spirit gauge, however with Basarios the trick is staying underneath him because his weak spot for melee is his BELLY! Once you hit the belly eventually it will crack once and break off showing the red tissue underneath, I think it can break a second time too. Once its broken off a large portion of your hits won't bounce and you'll deal tremendous damage.

However I honestly would recommend a hammer. A full charged Superpound almost never bounces (especially on Basarios) you can smack the belly EASY with a single, double, or triple pound or super pound and you can move while charging to get out of the way of his charges and stuff.

However if you think HE is annoying...wait till you fight their larger form...Gravios...and the dreaded Black Gravios sup species. Now THEY can take a huge beating.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 2:52 pm

Nova wrote:
If you use something like a LS, just keep hitting and bouncing till you get a full spirit gauge, however with Basarios the trick is staying underneath him because his weak spot for melee is his BELLY! Once you hit the belly eventually it will crack once and break off showing the red tissue underneath, I think it can break a second time too. Once its broken off a large portion of your hits won't bounce and you'll deal tremendous damage.

However I honestly would recommend a hammer. A full charged Superpound almost never bounces (especially on Basarios) you can smack the belly EASY with a single, double, or triple pound or super pound and you can move while charging to get out of the way of his charges and stuff.

However if you think HE is annoying...wait till you fight their larger form...Gravios...and the dreaded Black Gravios sup species. Now THEY can take a huge beating.

I just got the Heavy Crab Piercer (HR Shogun Ceanataur HBG).
Would it be suitable for HR6 Black Gravios if I use Water S paired with Element Atk Up? (From Kut-Ku U)
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 10:19 am

Are there any lances that would suffice, water types to be exact?
Back to top Go down
qwertyuiop1238
Kelbi
qwertyuiop1238

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:08 pm

thats just it you dont. just stay out of its way. its a slow hulking monstrosity, but i agree. gravios is much worse. just try like fuck not toget hit by his all too obvious attacks Tigrex
Back to top Go down
Neophix
Popo

Thank you Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:28 pm

I used a light bowgun and it was a cakewalk. The one I used was Spartacus Soul+ iirc.
It fires all three Pierces and lvl 1 as rapid fire.

If you stay on his right, you can just fire through his body and remain untouched, the only problem is when does that sweeping beam (it is rare though) - but if you're far enough on his right you should see it coming and have enough time to slip your gun away and panic dive over it.

Black Gravios is also easier this way but is much harder to take down (tons of hp's and he does the sweep A LOT more often).
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:42 pm

Has anyone noticed that gravios seems a whoooole lot easier with a bowgun? haha
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 2:07 pm

silverneo188 wrote:

Gravios is.
Black Gravios isn't.

I pretty much failed the HR6 Black Gravios quest last night with my best bowgun set thanks to moving heat beam spam and Bullfangos.
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 3:12 pm

Mat086 wrote:
silverneo188 wrote:

Gravios is.
Black Gravios isn't.

I pretty much failed the HR6 Black Gravios quest last night with my best bowgun set thanks to moving heat beam spam and Bullfangos.

For black gravios i just use my hermitaur/cenataur bow. Although for high rank and G rank i had to use my eldiwiess Ice blade with ESP skill

Last edited by silverneo188 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos
Lagiacrus the ultimate

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 1:03 pm

Thanks for the LS trick Nova, the fight was almost one-sided once I knocked a hole in Basarios' stomach.
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:01 pm

Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:
Thanks for the LS trick Nova, the fight was almost one-sided once I knocked a hole in Basarios' stomach.

Good job now good luck with gravios and black gravios >.> pain in the ass
Back to top Go down
Gamer4845
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 8:29 am

silverneo188 wrote:

Not just any pain...............unimaginable pain.Dont try using ranged weapons on high ranked and G-rank black gravios,they spam their frigging heat beam and can move it from side to side.Basically,the nightmare version of teos and lunas Flame thrower.
Try using Kut Ku pick for Gravios when you reach it.And good luck with tigrex X.X
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 3:28 pm

Gamer4845 wrote:
silverneo188 wrote:

Not just any pain...............unimaginable pain.Dont try using ranged weapons on high ranked and G-rank black gravios,they spam their frigging heat beam and can move it from side to side.Basically,the nightmare version of teos and lunas Flame thrower.
Try using Kut Ku pick for Gravios when you reach it.And good luck with tigrex X.X

Kut Ku pick is a terrible weapon choice for Gravios, imo...

I'd rather just make uhhh:

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Dragonbreaker

which has same raw, more sharpness, and FAR more element (gravios does have a SLIGHT weakness to Dragon element, not as much as water)

which is the upgraded form of:

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Destroyer

which is the Lao Shan hammer line, both weapons can be made from materials you can acquire by just simply REPELLING a Lao Shan Lung and Shen Gaoren. You don't need to kill them.
Back to top Go down
Gamer4845
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 5:42 am

Nova wrote:
Gamer4845 wrote:
silverneo188 wrote:

Kut Ku pick is a terrible weapon choice for Gravios, imo...

I'd rather just make uhhh:

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Dragonbreaker

which has same raw, more sharpness, and FAR more element (gravios does have a SLIGHT weakness to Dragon element, not as much as water)

which is the upgraded form of:

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Destroyer

which is the Lao Shan hammer line, both weapons can be made from materials you can acquire by just simply REPELLING a Lao Shan Lung and Shen Gaoren. You don't need to kill them.

Yeah,its horrible,but i doubt most newbies unlocked lao shan lung or Shne gaoren by their first gravios.Besides,Kut ku pick eventually evolves into Chaotic Order.But,you probably killed a few daimyo hermitaurs already,make Daimyo Warbow and go shoot the crap out of gravios.Just mind the roar.
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:08 am

One thing that's worth the trouble to make, the Diablos Kingsword. Strongest raw GS. Granted it can't help you if you haven't made it to the G ranks because it uses G rank diablos and black diablos material. im making it so i can get rid of G rank chameleos easier
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:25 am

Gamer4845 wrote:

Yeah,its horrible,but i doubt most newbies unlocked lao shan lung or Shne gaoren by their first gravios.Besides,Kut ku pick eventually evolves into Chaotic Order.But,you probably killed a few daimyo hermitaurs already,make Daimyo Warbow and go shoot the crap out of gravios.Just mind the roar.

It's not that they unlocked gravios probably before lao or shen, its that there isn't any real reason to fight them as, if i remember correctly, village elder wise they arent part of any key quests to unlock and progress urgents. And nah I used uhhh some LS for my first gravios after struggling ages ago with it before I realized hammers were the best choice for that monster.

And yeah I know all about Chaotic Order, moreso than you can imagine...Working on the Chaos Broker ...need just 1 more majestic horn then I can work on the final materials.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:26 am

silverneo188 wrote:
One thing that's worth the trouble to make, the Diablos Kingsword. Strongest raw GS. Granted it can't help you if you haven't made it to the G ranks because it uses G rank diablos and black diablos material. im making it so i can get rid of G rank chameleos easier

Incorrect. The strongest RAW GS would be the Ukanlos one. Granted it's sharpness and affinity leave something to be desired but raw wise Ukanlos weapons dominate everything usually.
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:43 am

Nova wrote:
silverneo188 wrote:

Incorrect. The strongest RAW GS would be the Ukanlos one. Granted it's sharpness and affinity leave something to be desired but raw wise Ukanlos weapons dominate everything usually.

But that's not a pure raw GS, it has ice. I was talking about strongest PURE raw GS sorry for the mix up /:
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:45 am

silverneo188 wrote:
Nova wrote:
silverneo188 wrote:

But that's not a pure raw GS, it has ice. I was talking about strongest PURE raw GS sorry for the mix up /:

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Ukanlos_Destructor

Doesn't matter if it has ice, it's still the highest RAW damage GS available, the ice is a mere benefit to help aid with the weapons terrible sharpness.
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:53 am

gee sorry, didn't mean to like piss u off or something. But i think diablos is a little easier than ukanlos sooo yaaa
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:58 am

silverneo188 wrote:
gee sorry, didn't mean to like piss u off or something. But i think diablos is a little easier than ukanlos sooo yaaa

Lol i'm not pissed off or anything of the such. Just was saying a lot of people get the highest raw GS confused heh. Ukanlos is quite fun...once you know how to handle the damn thing .... and yeah blos is easier to get lol...i myself and working on making the Chaotic Order hammer atm....not fun lol
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:02 pm

ouch, that sucks /: I actually can't find my psp so i can't work on anything right now lol otherwise i'd be working on getting those damn diablos material. But that black diablos... It is the spawn of satin himself... not fun either lol x_x
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:29 pm

silverneo188 wrote:
ouch, that sucks /: I actually can't find my psp so i can't work on anything right now lol otherwise i'd be working on getting those damn diablos material. But that black diablos... It is the spawn of satin himself... not fun either lol x_x

Heh, you're telling me...I have all the thoracics I need for Diablo Chaos Broker, just need 1 damn majestic horn then I work towards Chaotic Order.
Back to top Go down
Silverneo188
Diablos
Silverneo188

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:44 pm

i need one of them suckers too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!   GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GAAAHHHH! BASARIOS!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next