Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Touhou Project - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Touhou Project - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Touhou Project

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tarath
Deviljho
Tarath

Thank you Points : 32

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Touhou Project - Page 2 Empty
PostTouhou Project

If you frequent the chatbox whenever I'm around, you know that I play this obscure series of games. Touhou is a series of shoot-em-ups, produced by Team Shanghai Alice, which is actually comprised of one man, who goes under the pseudonym of ZUN. In most of the games, you play as either Reimu Hakurei, a shrine Maiden, or Marisa Kirisame, a witch in an attempt to solve a bizarre, supernatural incident.

There are 5 games for the (now obselete) PC-98, so the windows series starts at 6. Most of the series are shmups, however, there are 3 spin-off fighters too.

If you want a link to where you can download the games, then PM me. I don't bite~. If you're a big shmup fan then do try them out, as they are a lot of fun. Also frustration, since they can be very difficult in the latter halves of the games!

You may wish to visit the Touhou Wiki for backstory, plots and character backgrounds.

^That video shows a playthrough of one of the stages, specifically, Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith stage 4, normal difficulty.

Last edited by Fire-lord Zuko on Sun May 15, 2011 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed harmful link)
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Touhou Project :: Comments

Kento
Re: Touhou Project
Post Wed May 25, 2011 11:38 pm by Kento
Surprised to see some Touhou fans here too. I've been in love with Touhou for almost a year now and I had an obsession with Marisa Kirisame for again, almost a year until I started to fawn and gain a fetish to Kanade Tachibana. Touhou is really fun and there is a new game called Touhou Sky Arena that recently released in April. It has a similar gameplay to some of those Doujin games such as Fate Night Colosium (For those Fate lovers might know this game for the PSP). Out of all the Touhou games I played, I really loved Mountain of Faith the best. Some of the character themes and bosses are pretty intense such as Sanae's themesong "The Primal Scene of Japan the Girl Saw" (my personal favorite Touhou themesong, still love Marisa as her character though). Not to mention fighting Kanako is pretty tough also. Even if it is on easy mode. Jeeze I can go on for days talking about the Touhou project. Unfortunately my interest in Touhou is running low due to the delayed release of the Anime Tenchou X Touhou Project Anime. But still looking forward to it. I might go back to my Marisa obsession again. After all I made so many Marisa sigs in the past.
Tarath
Post Thu May 26, 2011 3:16 am by Tarath
Kento, something tells me we're going to get along briliantly. xD Personaly, I'm a fan of the Extra theme, 'Tomorrow will be sunny, yesterday was not', Sanae's theme 'Faith is for the transient people' and Kanako's theme, 'Suwa foughten field' for MoF.
Kento
Post Thu May 26, 2011 6:24 am by Kento
Fire-lord Zuko wrote:
Kento, something tells me we're going to get along briliantly. xD Personaly, I'm a fan of the Extra theme, 'Tomorrow will be sunny, yesterday was not', Sanae's theme 'Faith is for the transient people' and Kanako's theme, 'Suwa foughten field' for MoF.

Haha, yeah we really would xD Mountain of Faith has many good themes no lie. Also it was my first Touhou game that I played xP I really want to try Touhou 12.8 Fairy Wars but unfortunately, I have a mac and I was only capable to porting Touhou 6-12. I still haven't beaten Undefined Fantastic Object yet D;
As the matter of fact, I still haven't Kanade-fied my YouTube channel yet. It still has Marisa all over it lol.
Tarath
Post Thu May 26, 2011 7:45 am by Tarath
GFW extra is fuxxing INSANE. Youtube it, you'll be shocked.
Stuff
Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:58 am by Stuff
Aight. I just reformatted my computer and touhou works. But not at full speed unless I put it full screen and lower the graphics. The bullets looked so bootleg in 16 bit. XD
Tarath
Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:44 am by Tarath
Hooray!
Spoiler:
Stuff
Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:05 pm by Stuff
oh noes. I tried playing TH7.5 and avg said "THREAT DETECTED!" so I was like F U and kept playing. And after I picked a character my computer crashed. avg didn't find any infections after that and neither did malwarebytes. So I'd like to believe I'm safe from anything. But that's a shame. I deleted it and hope the others don't suffer the same fate. I know TH9 doesn't. And everything above 9 doesn't have a graphics option. >.<
Tarath
Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:17 pm by Tarath
Well, balls. What about 6,7&8?
Stuff
Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:43 pm by Stuff
6, 7, and 8 do work at 16-bit. 6 actually was running at about 60 fps at 32-bit, but then I did Marisa's hyper beam :/. I noticed 10 had a config thing, but it was running at 40ish fps even after setting it to fullscreen and 16-bit. Sad by vort

Well I found the max upgrade I could find for my processor at only $11 and that was hard to resist. That might help a little bit. Especially since it's almost 2x my cpu speed. After that gets here, I'll let you know if it still slows down in the later stages. XD
Tarath
Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:02 am by Tarath
Lawl. Dammit, now you've got ME wanting to play them! xD
Stuff
Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:33 pm by Stuff
lol. Guess that's what a thread like this does to you. XD
Tarath
Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:47 pm by Tarath
Did some hunting instead. :3 Didn't you say you were going to mod your wii to play on EU servers?
Stuff
Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:08 pm by Stuff
I'm swapping US files with EU files. But every time I try a new file and just get a black screen, I stop and do something else. I'm getting there though. I still call that red error message progress.
Tarath
Post Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:27 pm by Tarath
Well, progress is progress, I s'pose.
Stuff
Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:19 am by Stuff
This was bootleg(or maybe not) and I felt like sharing this. http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=14259. If it's not bootlegness, explain what happened.

wut do you mean 1cc? If I had to guess, I'd say 1 credit & continue. That's not happening soon. >.< And none of the "special conditions" sound reasonable except for no deaths and maybe no bombs. No focus? When I found out about focus I was all :twisted:. No vertical? wth?! If I'm not wrong, pacifist might be ok since it's sounds like ikaruga's bullet eater. Just without the bullet eating. But it's still a tough endurance challenge.

I did make it to the stage 4 boss. But that's it. And not with 1 continue. XD

EDIT:
1 credit clear. I'm so slow >.>

The search returned only 1 Lunatic mode Pacifist replay, and it was tool assisted AND he was shooting. So now idk what pacifist is. I thought it was a no shoot challenge. :/
Tarath
Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:54 am by Tarath
If you can make it to lunatic patchy without a continue, you are officially a decent Touhou-er. EoSD lunatic stage 4 at max rank (so no bombs or deaths throughout the stage for a tougher boss) is arguably THE hardest stage 4 in the series. Yeah, pacifist is a no-shooting challenge, and 1cc = beat without a continue.
Stuff
Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:09 pm by Stuff
lol. Stage 4 was quite a steep increase in difficulty. It was torture trying to make it to the boss. But I got 2 1ups during the stage which helped a lot. 1cc will happen eventually, since that's how you unlock extra stage, I think. You probably don't have to do it in lunatic, but where's the fun in that? XD

http://replays.gensokyo.org/index.php?u=&g=6&p=&t=--&d=4&c=1&ch=2This is searching EoSD, Lunatic, Cleared, Pacifist. But he was shooting through all of stage 1. I stopped watching cuz it's not what I was hoping for. And in the description he says pacifist. GDIT, tool assist using, lying trollface!!
Stuff
Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:30 am by Stuff
>.>
<.<

That is all.

Oh and I got a laptop last month. Touhou works great on this. But I've been doing more hacking than anything else lately. >.<
Tarath
Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:37 am by Tarath
Ohh? What sort of hacking?
WinNerd
Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:20 am by WinNerd
Lol, I have that screensaver
Stuff
Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:45 am by Stuff
It's in the video's description. nvm. There's only a torrent link there >.>. I got it from here. Must've been in another video.

I saw the original video yesterday and ended up watching all types of videos. there was a color one that was corny, a sand art one that was pretty cool, a stop action one using apples(that was amazing), and I favorited a lazer art version(cuz c'mon. You wouldn't want to sit on your roof and watch this light show in the sky?). But then I saw screensaver. You gotta be kidding me. I saw a forum post somewhere that sounded like my mind atm. "I always thought screensavers were useless and never use them...until I saw this". It's awesomeness. Even without the music, but it's not the same without it. You can't not have this.
WinNerd
Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:57 pm by WinNerd
I have mine set up so that there's music as well.
Tarath
Post Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm by Tarath
http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/view/53940?search=Touhou
:hicc:
Post  by Sponsored content

Touhou Project

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2