Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
I can haz video gaemz - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
I can haz video gaemz - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I can haz video gaemz

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Oni Zelkami
Lao-Shan Lung
Oni Zelkami

Thank you Points : 151

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

I can haz video gaemz - Page 2 Empty
PostI can haz video gaemz

So here's the deal. Next Monday, I will be leaving to go to a 2 week programming camp stationed at Harvard. One of the courses being taken there will teah you how to make games for the Xbox360. My original idea would be to make a fighting game with some characters I had already thought up of. But with what I had in mind, I think it would take more than 2 weeks to finish. So then I thought, why not make a game based on here? I figured I could make a standard side scroller with forum members here making cameos as either playable characters or bosses.

So what do you say? Should I do it?

If this idea goes through, I'll put some clips on youtube. I might even find a way to be able to possibly sell it to you guys.

Last edited by Shin Zelkami on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

I can haz video gaemz :: Comments

Oni Zelkami
Re: I can haz video gaemz
Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:02 pm by Oni Zelkami
Mer anyone?
Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:09 pm by Snagglux
...well played, sir.
Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:31 pm by Guest
If you put me in, make me something badass.
Stuff
Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:24 am by Stuff
Can I be 00Jaggi? Or even better, a circle. A circle that shoots shooting circles. It'll be easier and much more badass than 00Jaggi. If you don't make me a circle, at least make the final boss a shape.
MetaMarx
Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:15 am by MetaMarx
Stuff wrote:
Can I be 00Jaggi? Or even better, a circle. A circle that shoots shooting circles. It'll be easier and much more badass than 00Jaggi. If you don't make me a circle, at least make the final boss a shape.

A random shape named Stuff is a pretty great idea. Depending on how serious this game is gonna be.
Oni Zelkami
Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:08 am by Oni Zelkami
I think Stuff is just going to be a random blob, so then when people may ask "What's all that stuff?"
Stuff
Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:23 am by Stuff
Make it shoot stuff shooting stuff. Then it can be a bullet hell of stuff.

MetaMarx wrote:
A random shape named Stuff is a pretty great idea. Depending on how serious this game is gonna be.
No matter how serious the game is, a random shape as a boss would fit in perfectly. It's so random that you can't help but laugh while you get your ass kicked.

The shape thing I've always wanted to see. It did happen in a very small homebrew game for the psp, "silveredge". It was entertaining for about 5-10 minutes. It was 1 stage that built up the difficulty at a nice pace. But then I wanted more after the stage was cleared. Sad by vort Anyway, the midboss ended up being a circle. I died about 10 times partially because I couldn't focus due to how hilarious that was. I think he forgot to limit the continues and the circle thing was because he didn't feel like working with new sprites or w/e. The rest of the stage was filled with circles. But it didn't feel like he was ODing with the circles. They each had their own bullet patterns keeping the stage nice and fresh. But the best circle was the one that shot shooting circles and the bullets from those had that popcorn effect. And then those circles would explode(Doing that bullet death thing).

So on a serious note, a shape is not a bad idea. You just have to be creative with what it does.
shadowbinder
Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:47 am by shadowbinder
Can I be the poison boss?
Oni Zelkami
Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:04 am by Oni Zelkami
There will be no poison level. Stuff is just going to be a common enemy.
Kento
Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:54 am by Kento
Make me Kanadeh D:!
Oni Zelkami
Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:56 am by Oni Zelkami
>_>
Kanade is Kanade.

U can be Ice level Pre-Boss.
Oni Zelkami
Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:47 pm by Oni Zelkami
Not going to be what I thought it was. mostly just programming and nothing else. Well see how this turns out.
Pierce708
Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:21 pm by Pierce708
Can i be an weak-ass minion that works for Kanade? : D
Oni Zelkami
Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:22 pm by Oni Zelkami
Read above. If I make everything I intend to, it will be EXTREMELY watered down.
Akai the White Lightning
Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:26 pm by Akai the White Lightning
Distinct lack of Akai.... THE WHITE LIGHTNING
Also cool ideas mate
Oni Zelkami
Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:25 pm by Oni Zelkami
good news. I may be able to make it a sidescroller. Albeit a basic one, but I may be able to fit most of you in.
Oni Zelkami
Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:39 pm by Oni Zelkami
Update again.

Yeah. Likely not going to happen. I'll try to show you what I DO create however. You might be able to download it it as it's for windows.
sipax
Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:47 pm by sipax
Shin Zelkami, i hope it will run on my pc...
Anyway, the hardest thing in creating games is graphics (at least for me), will
you draw everything by yourself??? Most of my projects were abandoned in that reason in about 50% before release.
Oni Zelkami
Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:49 pm by Oni Zelkami
Heh. It will DEFIANTLY run. It's just a simple sprite based shooting game.
Oni Zelkami
Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:30 pm by Oni Zelkami
Well the basic gameplay is pretty much complete. There are a few glitches like the health bar spazzing out and the score not going past 10. it'll all be ironed out within the hour and I'll be working on a boss battle tomorrow.

I don't expect much of you to own one, but you can hook up a USB XboxController to play with it if you want.
Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:00 pm by Guest
Shin Zelkami wrote:
Well the basic gameplay is pretty much complete. There are a few glitches like the health bar spazzing out and the score not going past 10. it'll all be ironed out within the hour and I'll be working on a boss battle tomorrow.

I don't expect much of you to own one, but you can hook up a USB XboxController to play with it if you want.

*hooks mine up*

Commander, I am awaiting deployment! Over!
sipax
Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:39 pm by sipax
B+delete = kill boss instantly :p
dont forget that.
Oni Zelkami
Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:51 am by Oni Zelkami
Well the thing is pretty much functional. All I have to do is add in a boss fight and a game over screen.
Oni Zelkami
Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:35 am by Oni Zelkami
The whole game should be finished by the end of today, and be uploaded this Saturday. Late Friday at the latest.

EDIT: Game Over screen complete. The boss shalt be a surprise.

EDIT2: The game is now 100% complete. i just need to test the finsihed project.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Post  by Sponsored content

I can haz video gaemz

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next