Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
3G for the west - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
3G for the west - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

3G for the west

Go down 
+47
Kikyome
quidam
Lou Urau
Luciarn
Crystalis
Florenz
Lucas
Vajra
Lagiacrus the ultimate
nguyenmanhlam
Roik
Ares
Axel3
MHWF
CoalRequiem
Snagglux
Exzyro
Dark Angel Frank
Flamingo
Derb
MasterOnion
Roon
RDC
Skinsword
Arakune
1bighiccup
Quentin
Ataraxia
Yamatsu
Win32error
Jader7777
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Phaaze
NinjaX
Eddy
Daggers
Oni Zelkami
Noodles
Silver
Crathen
WinNerd
Silverwind
Chipou
Godzilla2195
It's meh
Will
dcj91x
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

3G for the west - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:58 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/18/capcoms-christian-svensson-comments-on-monster-hunter-3g-and-4-localizations/

So it looks likely we will be seeing 3G in the west.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:05 am

I'm sure that fans will find a way to play the game even without an internet connection. People can organize meet ups and hire venues with small door fees. Or people could find a few friends in the area around them with a 3DS and Monster Hunter.

It's not like Mario Party or Bomberman or any other title with excellent multiplayer has drowned simply because of a lack of online play.

I'm not entirely sure of the technical skill level of the fanbase, but I have a feeling there may be some 'virtual local area network connection' development for the 3DS. (Think Ad Hoc but with a PC.)

I believe they tried something along those lines for the original DS, it was called 'tunneling'. Apparently it didn't go anywhere because of a lack of support.

We'll see though. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:13 am

Jader7777 wrote:
I'm sure that fans will find a way to play the game even without an internet connection. People can organize meet ups and hire venues with small door fees. Or people could find a few friends in the area around them with a 3DS and Monster Hunter.

It's not like Mario Party or Bomberman or any other title with excellent multiplayer has drowned simply because of a lack of online play.

I'm not entirely sure of the technical skill level of the fanbase, but I have a feeling there may be some 'virtual local area network connection' development for the 3DS. (Think Ad Hoc but with a PC.)

I believe they tried something along those lines for the original DS, it was called 'tunneling'. Apparently it didn't go anywhere because of a lack of support.

We'll see though. We'll see.

Do you realize you posted in a 3 months old thread?

Also, MH wasn't made specifically for multiplayer, so i don't see any of it happening. 99% of the players isn't gonna go anywhere just to play with others. Only those with friends who have the game will be able to do so. And no, 3DS owners will not be capable of making a reliable multiplayer using PC's.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:58 am

Win32error wrote:
Do you realize you posted in a 3 months old thread?

Also, MH wasn't made specifically for multiplayer, so i don't see any of it happening. 99% of the players isn't gonna go anywhere just to play with others. Only those with friends who have the game will be able to do so. And no, 3DS owners will not be capable of making a reliable multiplayer using PC's.
His post is still contributing, so I don't see a need to get your 'nips in a twist...

Anyways, you never know what might be brought out for local -> online play. Maybe a software will be developed for Wii U, since 3DS can connect to it?
And if you ask me, saying MH wasn't made specifically for multiplayer is a bunch of crap. The very first game had a proper online town. Even better than Tri's US/EU release town, with more player support. Ad-Hoc Party was (apparently) developed with MH in mind. So people could play a local game online. There's a Monster Hunter MMO. Saying it wasn't made specifically for multiplayer is a bit odd, considering pretty much every main series title (not including the spinoffs like Felyne diary, and I'm counting the Portable titles as "main series") has either had proper online or was able to be played online.
Good day to you, sir.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:32 am

You do realize that western releases of games have been known to add features that were not included in the original Japan release of games? Though honestly I do not see this happening for 3G. What I do see happening though is them adding full online to MH4. IF 3G gets released in the west they should leve it without online to give it as early of a release as possible and just put the online in MH4. I can live without 3G having online as long as we get it at all and get 4 sooner instead of later.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 3:59 pm

dcj91x wrote:
You do realize that western releases of games have been known to add features that were not included in the original Japan release of games? Though honestly I do not see this happening for 3G. What I do see happening though is them adding full online to MH4. IF 3G gets released in the west they should leve it without online to give it as early of a release as possible and just put the online in MH4. I can live without 3G having online as long as we get it at all and get 4 sooner instead of later.

Entirely agreed, though I can see Capcom/Nintendo deciding whether or not to release 4 over here based on how well Tri G does.

... If it does.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Ataraxia wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

Entirely agreed, though I can see Capcom/Nintendo deciding whether or not to release 4 over here based on how well Tri G does.

... If it does.

At a capcom board meeting.

President: "Hmm, TriG sales were horrible outside of Asia. We shall not release MH4 globally."
Junior board member: "But...we only released TriG in Japan!"
*The entire Board stares at Junior member*.
President: "It is decided then, no wordwide release."
*Board members applaud president*.

To Yama.

There is an active threads discussing the lack of online. Seemed pointless to restart another one.
Back to top Go down
Phaaze
Popo
Phaaze

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:25 am

Win32error wrote:

At a capcom board meeting.

President: "Hmm, TriG sales were horrible outside of Asia. We shall not release MH4 globally."
Junior board member: "But...we only released TriG in Japan!"
*The entire Board stares at Junior member*.
President: "It is decided then, no wordwide release."
*Board members applaud president*.

It has to be a bad thing when I can actually see that happening.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:22 am

As much as I hate to type this, I don't think people in the west are going to get Tri G. I say this because Monster Hunter just doesn't have as much pulling power in the west as games such as Dead Rising and Resident Evil. In today's global economy Capcom can't really afford to spending the money localizing and promoting a game like Tri G only for there to be a small amount of profit. Also one must realize the state Capcom is in, they canceled Megaman Legends 3, and the Megaman games sell as well as Monster Hunter in Japan. Of course we can't forget the fact that people in the west are whiny bitchEs when they don get exactly what they want
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

Thank you Points : 79

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 7:29 am

They cancelled Megaman Legends 3 because at that particular point in time, they were pulling away from Nintendo. Ninty then clearly managed to do something to get MH onto the 3DS
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:24 am

^ Nintendo made some deal with some evil force somewhere, there whole price cut worked great and is a basis for why many are holding off on the vita and the release of 3G was times amazingly well in Japan as well. Even the likely Christmas launce of mh4 this year will be another big seller.
Back to top Go down
Arakune
Cephalos
Arakune

Thank you Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:25 pm

Quentin wrote:
As much as I hate to type this, I don't think people in the west are going to get Tri G. I say this because Monster Hunter just doesn't have as much pulling power in the west as games such as Dead Rising and Resident Evil. In today's global economy Capcom can't really afford to spending the money localizing and promoting a game like Tri G only for there to be a small amount of profit. Also one must realize the state Capcom is in, they canceled Megaman Legends 3, and the Megaman games sell as well as Monster Hunter in Japan. Of course we can't forget the fact that people in the west are whiny bitchEs when they don get exactly what they want

This is true, except that it doesn't apply to the Legends games. They sold like crap EVERYWHERE.
No wonder Legends is the least like MM series after Starforce.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:43 pm

^I'm talking about Megaman as a whole, not just the one game, Megaman as a whole sells almost as much as Monster Hunter
Back to top Go down
Arakune
Cephalos
Arakune

Thank you Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 6:40 pm

Quentin wrote:
^I'm talking about Megaman as a whole, not just the one game, Megaman as a whole sells almost as much as Monster Hunter
As a whole MM sold at least 10 million units more than MH. But what i was trying to say is that every MM game can make a sale success, except those from the Legends series.
Back to top Go down
Skinsword
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:15 pm

They need to have a better marketing campaign here. Most people I know that try the game tend to love it.

Maybe a commercial where Chuck Norris beats a Rathalos unconscious?
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

Thank you Points : 79

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:01 pm

Skinsword wrote:
They need to have a better marketing campaign here. Most people I know that try the game tend to love it.

Maybe a commercial where Chuck Norris beats a Rathalos unconscious?

Did you not SEE Ironbead?!
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:29 pm

^ one of the best marketing campaigns for any game EVER! And it did work.
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:52 pm

I'm curious to know what exactly the sales were for Tri in the West. I knew nothing about the game until I was slammed with posters in the Rockefeller subway station in NYC. As you exited the station there were posters all over the walls on pillars. Clearly, their marketing worked on me.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Dat IronBeard. (since when did we know his name?)
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Ataraxia wrote:
Dat IronBeard. (since when did we know his name?)

The commercials had a link to his facebook. He stopped being active though Sad by vort.
Back to top Go down
Skinsword
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:15 am

Maybe Capcom should also bribe reviewers for good reviews lol
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:53 pm

No need, Famitsu gave it a 38/40 in their review, now using a complicated 15 minute formula (my ramen took forever to cook) we can see that this roughly translates into a 9.5/10
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Quentin wrote:
No need, Famitsu gave it a 38/40 in their review, now using a complicated 15 minute formula (my ramen took forever to cook) we can see that this roughly translates into a 9.5/10
Pfft, Famitsu gives EVERY big name game a high score.
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:37 pm

It would be nice if they made a Wii port of this game for the Western audience that allowed for wide ranging online gameplay servers instead of gameplay only connected to other 3DSes within infrared range. It would be even nicer if with that you could transport all your Tri data over to the game like armors, weapons, etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:44 pm

Roon wrote:
It would be nice if they made a Wii port of this game for the Western audience that allowed for wide ranging online gameplay servers instead of gameplay only connected to other 3DSes within infrared range. It would be even nicer if with that you could transport all your Tri data over to the game like armors, weapons, etc. etc.

Apparently the 3G is a port...
For the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:19 pm

3G is a port ot actually more of an expansion, with better everything basically. And it would be pointless to make anything for the wii since the WiiU comes out on June.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3G for the west
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next