Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
3G for the west - Page 12 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
3G for the west - Page 12 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

3G for the west

Go down 
+47
Kikyome
quidam
Lou Urau
Luciarn
Crystalis
Florenz
Lucas
Vajra
Lagiacrus the ultimate
nguyenmanhlam
Roik
Ares
Axel3
MHWF
CoalRequiem
Snagglux
Exzyro
Dark Angel Frank
Flamingo
Derb
MasterOnion
Roon
RDC
Skinsword
Arakune
1bighiccup
Quentin
Ataraxia
Yamatsu
Win32error
Jader7777
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Phaaze
NinjaX
Eddy
Daggers
Oni Zelkami
Noodles
Silver
Crathen
WinNerd
Silverwind
Chipou
Godzilla2195
It's meh
Will
dcj91x
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

3G for the west - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:58 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/18/capcoms-christian-svensson-comments-on-monster-hunter-3g-and-4-localizations/

So it looks likely we will be seeing 3G in the west.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:23 am

^ Yup, but remember, Capcom reservese the right to say "Wait and see."

Though I don't think that will be their answer this time.
Back to top Go down
Derb
Rhenoplos

Thank you Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 11:58 am

dcj91x wrote:
Yea, one of the EU Capcom employess told us to wait for Comic-con a while back. Just one though.

I would say not to get your hopes up to much though. My thoughts, the west will be getting Monster Hunting Cards! Hey it is a comic con and not a game show after all.

There are a number of video game panels. Comic con is a nerd/geek convention and videogames generally fall pretty well into that culture.

And unless they're seeking forgiveness from mega man fans, and they're too lazy to make a new IP, there aren't too many surprises that aren't MH.

And since this is a western culture event, rather than a worldwide coverage, a westernization is a better suited announcement than a new game altogether.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:58 pm

It'd be pretty funny if they pull a move similar to what the tales of games are doing right now. (giving out Tales of Graces F when Xillia is pretty much out in Japan already)
Back to top Go down
Vajra
Aptonoth
Vajra

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:20 pm

they probably would do that.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 8:32 pm

Maybe they will say something this time. If not then I will simply have all my hopes for any MH game to come. Well, it hasn't even been a year since the game released. Tri G was released on December 10th, maybe we are just desperate.
Back to top Go down
Derb
Rhenoplos

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 11:53 pm

Less than 24 hours til do or die time.

And unless Capcom was trolling us when they said we might hear something about MH at Comic Con, I'm pretty confident they'll announce MH3G or MH4 tomorrow.

Or else I'll cry.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 12:28 am

Derb wrote:
Less than 24 hours til do or die time.

And unless Capcom was trolling us when they said we might hear something about MH at Comic Con, I'm pretty confident they'll announce MH3G or MH4 tomorrow.

Or else I'll cry.
Spoiler:
Just in case.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 7:42 am

Capcom US said that no one from Capcom ever said ther would be any information provided at comic con. They did say we would receive information this year "of some sort" just not of what kind or when. But for the most part it was implied it would come from an announcement from Capcom Japan an not from within the west it's self.

Check out: https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t8694-take-this-as-an-announcement-of-sorts

For further details.

Please keep in mind though this may not exclude there still being an announcement or information at the SDCC it just makes it unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Derb
Rhenoplos

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 12:08 pm

Why would Capcom Japan lead a localization announcement?

Considering SDCC is a western event, and they have "surprises" to announce. I can't imagine they'd use SDCC to show something brand new. That said, SDCC seems perfect to announce a westernization.

EDIT: Perhaps Capcom Japan would be ideal in announcing a westernization of MH4 if it gets a worldwide release date. And if that were the case, it might all have online.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 4:25 pm

I'm just imagining

Capcom: Do you want a 3DS or any other portable serious MH game? well fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you.

Something like that are what they are saying to us. They are trolling the community

Back to top Go down
Vajra
Aptonoth
Vajra

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:15 pm

they always troll the community, when the announcement comes it will proabably be.. remember when we said monster hunter had a bright future in the west? well it does mh 4 is set in the wild west and still no global release but keep waiting till 2020 fans!
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 10:21 pm

So, concerning the 'world of capcom' panel that happened today, found a news article of what was in it. This just just the first that I could find, but monster hunter wasn't mentioned anywhere. Don't know about the Q&A, something might have popped up there that wasn't in this.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2012/07/14/sdcc-2012-jojos-bizarre-adventure-in-hd-tops-the-world-of-capcom-panel/

Would be really nice to know for sure or not, but I guess the 'end of the world year' comment is going to stand, what with no other conventions for them to troll us with. Hope you have as much fun as I do waiting for 6 months before even hearing of anything.
Back to top Go down
Chipou
Kecha Wacha
Chipou

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 1:33 am

Watch the comment be "wait for more news"
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 3:21 am

Chipou wrote:
Watch the comment be "wait for more news"

Wouldnt that be shocking
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex
ShadowCeadeusDM324

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Silverwind wrote:
So, concerning the 'world of capcom' panel that happened today, found a news article of what was in it. This just just the first that I could find, but monster hunter wasn't mentioned anywhere. Don't know about the Q&A, something might have popped up there that wasn't in this.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2012/07/14/sdcc-2012-jojos-bizarre-adventure-in-hd-tops-the-world-of-capcom-panel/

Would be really nice to know for sure or not, but I guess the 'end of the world year' comment is going to stand, what with no other conventions for them to troll us with. Hope you have as much fun as I do waiting for 6 months before even hearing of anything.
I guess they just wanted to get the American sector covered. Since there is no MH annoucement nor something like that they only talked about the "official" things.
Back to top Go down
Roik
Tigrex
Roik

Thank you Points : 156

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:46 am

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/29316023/That_Monster_Hunter_thingy...&post_num=4#523023509

"Going to jump in here really quickly...

A few weeks ago, I told MH fans on this forum that you'd hear something before the end of the year. Nothing has changed on that front. You're also assuming that when it comes, it'll be at some event you can see coming from a mile away. That's not necessarily a correct assumption.

While I appreciate the passion, I can't help you if every possible industry event leads to build up and crashes in anticipation. If we somehow get to Dec 31 and you do not have more visibility, then please be mad at me. Until then, I'd request the benefit of the doubt and your continued patience.

Thanks for being such great fans."
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:27 am

HOLY CRAP ITS ROIK! Also, so I guess that's their way of saying "we want to tell you something, but we can't tell you anything"
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:43 am

Not really that at all Q.... Sven has been telling MH fans the same things for many years. He's not really the most trust worthy of people when it comes to anything MH related... Let's just leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:08 am

The "information" could also be "we are not going to localize anymore Monster Hunter games." It's still "information".
Back to top Go down
Snagglux
Seltas

Thank you Points : 38

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:59 am

^If that happens to be the case, I will officialy declare Capcom mega super ultimate master trolls of everything.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:34 pm

We probably should've cottoned on to that comment about not being at an event we could see from a mile away a little sooner, I mean, Nintendo's starting to shun these big events that people have come to expect announcements in too. Maybe Capcom is doing the same.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Nintendo and anything monster hunter is seperate (due to Capcom)...

But most game companies are moving away from hosted video game events to their own. Nintendo is just the first to really publisize it though Capcom has been doing it for a long time as well... Even Sony and Microsoft have been doing it for a while but not as big events like in recent years...

But any ways... Capcom is very particular and personal about being the "ONLY" ones who make any announcements on it's own properties and for the announcements to come from their main Japan office regardless of region, so exspect any announcement even if it's for the west to come from there....
Back to top Go down
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra
X Kitsune X

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 12:09 pm

As much as it pains me to say this, I've given up on the series. I love the games, but we haven't seen an official release outside of Japan for almost four years now. There's been so many false promises from them in the past that it just seems like a waste of energy to hope anymore.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 12:54 pm

^ Four years? I think your information is incorect by a lot. Tri came out in 2010, Monster Hunter Dynamic hunting came out in 2011 and both were western releases within the last year and 2 years.

Both also sold rather well on their respective systems.

Let's look at this from realalistic point of veiw... tough the MH games may not be releasing on the systems "WE" want in the west or the exact games "WE" want, There has been one released in the west almost every single year... Not one this year yet but so far.. yea EVER Year just about...

In 2009 MHFU, 2010 MHtri, 2011 MHdynamic.... So to say nothing for the last 4 years except in Japan is completely false...
Back to top Go down
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra
X Kitsune X

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:55 pm

dcj91x wrote:
^ Four years? I think your information is incorect by a lot. Tri came out in 2010, Monster Hunter Dynamic hunting came out in 2011 and both were western releases within the last year and 2 years.

Both also sold rather well on their respective systems.

Let's look at this from realalistic point of veiw... tough the MH games may not be releasing on the systems "WE" want in the west or the exact games "WE" want, There has been one released in the west almost every single year... Not one this year yet but so far.. yea EVER Year just about...

In 2009 MHFU, 2010 MHtri, 2011 MHdynamic.... So to say nothing for the last 4 years except in Japan is completely false...

I was reffering to the main games, I've never heard of Dynamic Hunting. As for my incorrect figures, I thought Tri was 2009, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3G for the west   3G for the west - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3G for the west
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next