Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 12 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 12 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Hecatonchir
Kelbi
Hecatonchir

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:43 am

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

On to the stupid question:

How viable are punishing draw and crit draw together on a great sword, and is there a good set that can get me both of them as well as other generally good skills (HGE, Sharp+1, etc.)

I've got a gaan blos mix set that's giving me both of these, but before I invest in trying to find a better way to do it I want to make sure it's viable.

EDIT: Fixed first sentence of question, I know that crit draw at the very least is considered a must have, I was more worried about punishing draw and them being on the same set.

Last edited by Hecatonchir on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:11 am

Pieprsn wrote:
That's a shame! I really have no qualms against farming (WOOT FOR SIEGMUND, SIEGLIND, SECOND LEVEL OF GOBUL LS AND LAGI LS, RAVAGER BLADE, BUSTER BLADE, AND GUILD ARMOUR AT HR 17!) but it sounds like that particular charm is a massive pain in the arse to get ahold of, and I doubt that even I could farm that much. Anyone know the numbers on how likely I am to get that particular charm?

1/3100 from a shining charm.

Hence the don't bother trying part.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:18 am

Hey guys what does more damage to Alatreon, Sabretooth G or alatreon gleam. I ask because MasterOnion and I had an argument in the chatbox and I have seen ala gleam coming out on top when I use damage calcs but whatever damage calculator he is using is saying sabretooth wins
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:00 am

Will wrote:
Hey guys what does more damage to Alatreon, Sabretooth G or alatreon gleam. I ask because MasterOnion and I had an argument in the chatbox and I have seen ala gleam coming out on top when I use damage calcs but whatever damage calculator he is using is saying sabretooth wins

I believe it comes from the fact that Ala is only weak to dragon when in the air, when he's flying around being hard to hit (compared to on the ground). The gleam might do more damage then, but it loses the element advantage after Ala gets flashed down twice, lands on it's own, or has it's horns broken (which most 'pros' can do with a hammer quite well from what I read on this forum). It's not as much of a sheer numbers game, it's about practicality.

...Or my assumptions that you didn't know that Ala wasn't weak to dragon when in ground mode was wrong. Then idk what is going on, and I apologize for underestimating your knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:17 pm

Silverwind wrote:
Will wrote:

I believe it comes from the fact that Ala is only weak to dragon when in the air, when he's flying around being hard to hit (compared to on the ground). The gleam might do more damage then, but it loses the element advantage after Ala gets flashed down twice, lands on it's own, or has it's horns broken (which most 'pros' can do with a hammer quite well from what I read on this forum). It's not as much of a sheer numbers game, it's about practicality.

...Or my assumptions that you didn't know that Ala wasn't weak to dragon when in ground mode was wrong. Then idk what is going on, and I apologize for underestimating your knowledge.
I know how his weakness changes i just heard that Gleam was better even with his bigger ice weakness. I guess I was wrong
Back to top Go down
Dark Soul Slayer
Felyne
Dark Soul Slayer

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 11:09 pm

Will wrote:

Firstly ignore ala gleams dragon damage while fighting ala as he is nearly immune to it while on the ground. You would be fighting ala on the ground for most of the fight and would not be able to make use of the elemental damage gleam has to offer except for the few moments he is airborne until he gets flash bombed out of the sky. So basically the question here is wether the purple sharpness of ala gleam adding nearly 1.2 times the damage of sabertooth is more effective than the powerful ice attribute sabertooth has to offer. (We are assuming both lances have shrp+1 ofc). You also need to consider that gleam has a higher raw than sabertooth and that raw damage is far more effective than elemental damage in terms of actual damage. Personally i believe gleam will come out on top due to a higher raw and the significant increase of power purple shrpness offers. I dontg really know the damage formula well eneogh to be able to run down the calculatoins but im assuming someone like drainbamage or haruno or someone can help here.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 11:45 pm

alatreon hitzones are very low, making raw damage edge over elements less significant. on the other hand while sabertooth has lower raw it also have the highest base affinity of any lance making gleam advantage quite smaller than it looks. under such conditions sabertooth definitely wins over gleam.

you want numbers?

sabertooth:

raw: (368+36)*(1+(0,25*0,55))*1,32

where:

368 = base raw
36 = powercharm+talon (WHO doesn't bring them to ala?)
(1+(0,25*0,55)) = affinity modifier
1,32 = white sharpness modifier

= 600,3725. (i'll call it raw1)

as for the actual damage of a 3 stab combo:

head = (raw1/2,3)*0,45*0,86 = 101,02 (where 2,3 is lance class modifier, 0,86 the TYPE and 0,45 the hitzone)

to this damage add ice damage, wich is:

420*3*0,2*0,1*1,125 = 28,35 (where 420 is base ice damage, 0,2 hitozne, 0,1 element modifier, 3 because it's a 3hit combo and 1,125 white sharpness)

so we are looking at 129,37 damage to the head for a 3 stab combo, finally multiply this by alatreon DEF multipleir wich i don't remember but it's fixed so it applies the same way to all calculations and we cna omit it for comparative purposes.

gleam on the head would be:

raw2 = (414+36)*1,5 no base affinity so i can spare myself some time

= 675

a 3 stab combo on the head:

(raw2/2,3)*0,45*0,86 = 113,576

element:

450*0,1*0,05*3*1,2 = 121,676

conclusion:
3 stab combo on ground ala to the head with sharpness+1 (whitout DEF multiplier):
gleam does 121,676
sabertooth does 129,37

sabertooth wins.

also notice:

a) i chose head because it's where gleam goes closer to bari lance, any other hitzone puts more emphasis on element over raw making bari lance advantage larger.
b) i used sharp+1 to calculate, whitout it gleam loses purple sharp while sabertooth loses white, comapratively gleam loses even mroe damage.
c) if you use att up(x) skills, for reasons that are treated already sabertooth gets a larger boost comapred to gleam. opposite goes for critical(x) skills, but those are relatively rare.
d) flight mode ala wasn't taken into consideration because either you are good enough to prevent it or too bad to hit it consistently in that stage.

conclusion conclusion: i used for calculations the conditions that are MOST FAVORABLE to gleam and it still loses.

conclusion conclusion conclusion: i'm generally too lazy to make calcs but i had to remind ppl that drain isn't the only one that can calculate :P

ppps: "haruno or dainbramage or someone".... quidam means "someone", oh the funny
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 1:17 am

Guys, I have a little question about Uragaan just out of curiosity (and since I'll be farming it for Elder Babel Spear, its good to know your enemy) . How much damage does explosive rocks (the big ones ones found in Area 7 or 6 and the smaller ones he threw out) do to Uragaan?
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:24 am

Bimasena009 wrote:
Guys, I have a little question about Uragaan just out of curiosity (and since I'll be farming it for Elder Babel Spear, its good to know your enemy) . How much damage does explosive rocks (the big ones ones found in Area 7 or 6 and the smaller ones he threw out) do to Uragaan?
I know he does not take damage from his own rocks(Other monsters,however, do) and im pretty sure he does not take damage from the bigger rocks but I could be wrong
Back to top Go down
Dark Soul Slayer
Felyne
Dark Soul Slayer

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 4:15 am

quidam wrote:
alatreon hitzones are very low, making raw damage edge over elements less significant. on the other hand while sabertooth has lower raw it also have the highest base affinity of any lance making gleam advantage quite smaller than it looks. under such conditions sabertooth definitely wins over gleam.

you want numbers?

sabertooth:

raw: (368+36)*(1+(0,25*0,55))*1,32

where:

368 = base raw
36 = powercharm+talon (WHO doesn't bring them to ala?)
(1+(0,25*0,55)) = affinity modifier
1,32 = white sharpness modifier

= 600,3725. (i'll call it raw1)

as for the actual damage of a 3 stab combo:

head = (raw1/2,3)*0,45*0,86 = 101,02 (where 2,3 is lance class modifier, 0,86 the TYPE and 0,45 the hitzone)

to this damage add ice damage, wich is:

420*3*0,2*0,1*1,125 = 28,35 (where 420 is base ice damage, 0,2 hitozne, 0,1 element modifier, 3 because it's a 3hit combo and 1,125 white sharpness)

so we are looking at 129,37 damage to the head for a 3 stab combo, finally multiply this by alatreon DEF multipleir wich i don't remember but it's fixed so it applies the same way to all calculations and we cna omit it for comparative purposes.

gleam on the head would be:

raw2 = (414+36)*1,5 no base affinity so i can spare myself some time

= 675

a 3 stab combo on the head:

(raw2/2,3)*0,45*0,86 = 113,576

element:

450*0,1*0,05*3*1,2 = 121,676

conclusion:
3 stab combo on ground ala to the head with sharpness+1 (whitout DEF multiplier):
gleam does 121,676
sabertooth does 129,37

sabertooth wins.

also notice:

a) i chose head because it's where gleam goes closer to bari lance, any other hitzone puts more emphasis on element over raw making bari lance advantage larger.
b) i used sharp+1 to calculate, whitout it gleam loses purple sharp while sabertooth loses white, comapratively gleam loses even mroe damage.
c) if you use att up(x) skills, for reasons that are treated already sabertooth gets a larger boost comapred to gleam. opposite goes for critical(x) skills, but those are relatively rare.
d) flight mode ala wasn't taken into consideration because either you are good enough to prevent it or too bad to hit it consistently in that stage.

conclusion conclusion: i used for calculations the conditions that are MOST FAVORABLE to gleam and it still loses.

conclusion conclusion conclusion: i'm generally too lazy to make calcs but i had to remind ppl that drain isn't the only one that can calculate :P

ppps: "haruno or dainbramage or someone".... quidam means "someone", oh the funny

I always see you doing calculations, sorry i just thought of who came to mind first. Sad by vort I don't believe it i totally forgot about the high affinity sabertooth has lol fail by me. Ahh and i also didnt take into account the low raw hitzones of ala which if i recall are like 10 or 20 for most of his body, head being slightly higher. Oh well thnx for that, ill be sure to use sabertooth from now on.
Back to top Go down
Dracken
Popo
Dracken

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 1:35 pm

What would be better to fight Ceadeus; Heaven's Thunder (Y) or Dancing Hellfire. I would be using OF lagi, no Sharpness+1 or Aux
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:20 pm

Heaven's Thunder (Y) is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Palas
Cephalos
Palas

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:46 am

Heaven's Thunder. The explanation is somewhere in this post. Can you find it? Tic-tac-tic-tac
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:58 am

Heavens thunder is your choice.
Back to top Go down
Dracken
Popo
Dracken

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:19 pm

Oh great thanks for that. Killed him for the first time today and got a Deep Dragongem as my second carve :D
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:08 am

So guys, how important is Affinity for a weapon? I know that negative Affinity is bad for GS and Hammer, but how important is it to get a critical hit on other weapons? Should I just rely on raw instead? I ask this question assuming that one wear an armor without Critical Draw skill.

On that note, I read a guide that said if a weapon have affinity of 55% or more, it should be treated as a weapon with 1.25x Raw with negative affinity. (E.g.: a hypothetical SnS has 100 Raw and 55% affinity so it is treated as a weapon with 125 Raw and -45% affinity). Is it true?

EDIT: Another question (sorry^^'). You know how sometimes elemental weapon fail to make its elemental damage go off during attack (i.e.: no explosion for fire weapon)? What determine if an elemental damage goes off during an attack and what's a good way to make sure that the elemental goes off reliably?
Back to top Go down
Dracken
Popo
Dracken

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:15 am

Bimasena009 wrote:
So guys, how important is Affinity for a weapon? I know that negative Affinity is bad for GS and Hammer, but how important is it to get a critical hit on other weapons? Should I just rely on raw instead? I ask this question assuming that one wear an armor without Critical Draw skill.

On that note, I read a guide that said if a weapon have affinity of 55% or more, it should be treated as a weapon with 1.25x Raw with negative affinity. (E.g.: a hypothetical SnS has 100 Raw and 55% affinity so it is treated as a weapon with 125 Raw and -45% affinity). Is it true?

EDIT: Another question (sorry^^'). You know how sometimes elemental weapon fail to make its elemental damage go off during attack (i.e.: no explosion for fire weapon)? What determine if an elemental damage goes off during an attack and what's a good way to make sure that the elemental goes off reliably?

I'm not sure about what that guide said, but raw is almost always better than Affinity. For example, 10% Affinity means that 10% of the time you will be getting 25% more damage, meaning a average damage increase of 2.5%. Therefore, raw is gives a bigger damage boost than Affinity, the main reason why people use (P) weapons over (G). You should also aim to get Aux rather than Crit eye, for the same reasons.
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:01 pm

Bimasena009 wrote:

Affinity just increases or decreases raw damage at a given %chance per swing. It is important, but depending on what you sacrifice to get the affinity may not be worth it. For non-endgame bowguns the attack up skill outdoes the equivelent affinity up skill. Also blade weapon path upgrades are best done on the raw damage path other than some rare instances.

Element damage doesn't fail to go off unless you use an attack which never does it (I.E shield/elbow bash or kicks). Maybe you missed?
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:20 pm

Is this set possible:

razor sharp/sharpness+1 (although, i do think itll be easier with razor sharp)
evasion+1/2
critical eye+1
speed sharpener
trapmaster

Back to top Go down
Valdast
Popo
Valdast

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:26 pm

What is the best quest to try and get Majestic Horns? I've been trying to get some for a while now, and I'm pretty sure that I've been doing the most efficient way to try and get them. (Blow up his horns, end via sub reset if no Majestic) I only have LR quests.
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:52 pm

Valdast wrote:
What is the best quest to try and get Majestic Horns? I've been trying to get some for a while now, and I'm pretty sure that I've been doing the most efficient way to try and get them. (Blow up his horns, end via sub reset if no Majestic) I only have LR quests.

break both and end via sub. I prefer lancing them off and using farcaster and don't reset (that's several minutes lost rebooting) takes 2-4 minutes total.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:14 am

Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
Is this set possible:

evasion+1/2
critical eye+1
speed sharpener
trapmaster

http://divinewh.im/s/0_y.O.O_1l_s.H.H_1k.I_1e.N_10.j.R.O
Also possible with Evasion+7 00 tali wiht two grinder decos in it > o>
Back to top Go down
Maika
Cephalos
Maika

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:05 am

Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
Is this set possible:

evasion+1/2
critical eye+1
speed sharpener
trapmaster

This one with Razor Sharp instead:

http://divinewh.im/s/1.O_y.1S_11.k.k_1g.N_16.O_15.O_z.j.1F

Gemming of course depends on what your talisman is XD
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 12:53 am

Hey guys, I'm Planning to take up bowgunning again. I was never good in gunning in the first place, which is why I want to seriously learn how to gun. However, I soldall of my Gunner Armor sets when I first gave up. Now I only have Barioth gunning set with Precision +2, Marathon Runner, Evade +2, and Cold Cancel (Lo).

Similarly, I only have these bowgun parts:
Barrel:
Heavy Bowgun, Aquamantic Needler, Thundracus, Barrozooka

Stock:
Rathling Gun, Aquamantic Needler, Royal Launcher

Frame:
Poison Stinger, Agnablaster, Jaggid Fire, Royal Launcher, Tropeco Gun

Any tip on set and strategy for my current setup? I'm planning to get Diablos gunning set as well, as soon as I learn how to not kill the damn thing when I'm lancing.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 1:32 am

Hmm I'd say Needler Stock,Jaggid Frame,Barozooka for 6lv pierce . Should peform quite well even without the 10% boost from Pierce S UP for the start..

BTW why would you sell all your gunenr equipment but keep the crappy stuff ._.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 12 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28 ... 44  Next