Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Last Story Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Last Story Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Last Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Koma
Popo
Koma

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

The Last Story Empty
PostThe Last Story

Though not quite as literal as "Final Fantasy" would have been had it not gained such success, Hironobu Sakaguchi, from randomly and mistakenly translated media, has stated that he has been working on this title as though it was to be his last.

Considering that the final game of the Final Fantasy series he had major input in is my current favourite Final Fantasy (FFIX), I'm looking forward to playing The Last Story when it is released in two days time over here, in Europe. The trailer has me intrigued in the story of the game, and the combat looks to be pretty interesting, as well.

With how brilliant Xenoblade Chronicles was last year (but this April, for you poor, unfortunate Americans) with its characters, story and gameplay, I'm hoping that Mistwalker will be able to bring us a game that is just as good, if not better in all aspects. Hopefully Nintendo of America will also release this title over in the States. (after all, NoE has pretty much done all the work for them...)

So! Are there any fellow Europeans out there who have been eagerly anticipating the release of this title, and who plan on picking this one up on release? I personally pre-ordered a Limited Edition version of the game; the promise of an artbook for a game that has such a beautiful art style is something I just couldn't pass up.

Are there any Americans out there who can't wait on NoA to disappoint them any more and who plan on importing the game? If you do, I don't blame you; with how long it took NoA to release Xenoblade after Europe did pretty much EVERYTHING for them, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't release it at all, given that the Wii will essentially be dead come the end of the year.
I've just found out that, as announced on Nintendo Direct today (22nd February, 2012), The Last Story will be coming to America sometime this year; no specific date of release yet, but its actually coming! - Thanks to dcj91x pointing that out!

Last edited by Koma on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated with information pointed out by dcj91x)
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

The Last Story :: Comments

RDC
Re: The Last Story
Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:21 am by RDC
If I had the money, I would import it. I'm hoping NoA releases this. They will probably wait to see how Xenoblade does. This is where I will be doing my part.
dcj91x
Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:39 am by dcj91x
Why would americans import the game? It's getting a US release. It was announced on Nintendo Direct this morning.
RDC
Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:45 am by RDC
That is awesome. I thought Xenobalde would be my last Wii game.

Anything else of interest get mentioned?
dcj91x
Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:50 am by dcj91x
A few things, nothing on MH for the west. And since the EU and US conferences were different there may be other information. I just found it funny that The Last Story was announced for the US less than an hour after this post was made. Koma should have waited a bit longer.

Though they have not said yet but I do exspect The Last Story to be a GS exclusive game in the US like Xenoblade.
Florenz
Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:13 pm by Florenz
If it is better then Xenoblade as you say it is, I think I don't have another choice BUT buying it...
I'm also considering buying it, but I'm not quite sure about it yet. I think I'll wait for some reviews and gameplay videos.
I'm also counting on Koma for an opinion Yes by vort.
Oni Zelkami
Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:43 pm by Oni Zelkami
Yay! Pandora's Tower totally isn't coming here!
Koma
Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:26 pm by Koma
dcj91x wrote:
Why would americans import the game? It's getting a US release. It was announced on Nintendo Direct this morning.

I had to check that out myself, because I couldn't believe what you were saying, lol
He was dead on, though; I thought America wouldn't end up seeing The Last Story localised, but it certainly looks like I was wrong. Hopefully it isn't going to take as long as Xenoblade Chronicles is. Thanks for pointing that out, dcj!

Florenz wrote:
If it is better then Xenoblade as you say it is, I think I don't have another choice BUT buying it...

Well I didn't say it was better than Xenoblade; just that I hope it is as good as, if not better than it. With a name like Hironobu Sakaguchi behind it though, a high quality and amazing RPG experience is what you come to expect. Monolithsoft showed the world that RPGs can still have a brilliant story behind them and not lose the player in what is going on with Xenoblade, and if Mistwalker can follow up on that with their own brilliant story in The Last Story, then I'll be happy in the fact that RPGs aren't doomed to become essentially extinct. Well... JRPGs, at least.
1bighiccup
Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:50 pm by 1bighiccup
I'm not sure much can touch Xenoblade, but I am waiting on my Collector's Edition Last Story from Amazon, and I do expect great things from it.
1bighiccup
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:06 pm by 1bighiccup
DOUBLE POST. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT!

My copy of Last Story got dispatched!
dcj91x
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:28 pm by dcj91x
^ Not going to do anything about it, their lalmost 24 hours apart from when you posted each one. So congradulations. let us know which you liked more... Just out of curiosity how does Xenoblade compare to Tales of the Abyss, because with well several RPG's coming out so close together now which is a great thing, not every one may be able to get all of them. So out of ToA, Xenoblade and now Last Story (which you have not gotten to play yet) I wonder which you will like the most.
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:01 pm by Guest
abyss>xeno

dunno about last story, but im thinking abyss>it
Daggers
Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:19 pm by Daggers
THe Last Story was the reason i joined operation rainfall its the game i wanted to get localized the most its good to hear its on the way. I hope that xenoblade and Last story sell well since operation rainfall pushed so hard for them. Its so rare nowadays thats companies actually listen to the fans. looks like thats one more preorder for me Yes by vort
1bighiccup
Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:14 am by 1bighiccup
Personally, as much as I love the Tales of games as RPGs, Xenoblade is the best one I've played in years - on a par with ToS for me - and therefore better than Abyss. The sheer length and beauty of it are overwhelming.

I'll have first impressions feedback on Last Story Monday evening GMT - damn my family and making plans I want to be a part of on the weekend it's released (ie. I won't be with my Wii this weekend)
kama
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:12 am by kama
Went to gamestop and pre-order both of them. Now ill wait......
Red
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:08 pm by Red
I got the game yesterday and i got to say i LOVE it The Last Story 1669237282.
I like the fighting style and i really really love the fact i need to think with alot of bosses although my party members tell/hint me a lot XD.
As for the story it alright still got a bit more to go(lv 24).
It one of the best rpg's i have played in a while so yeah i'm really dam happy with it.

PS:give my charaters tops and bottoms armor/outfits and dye them hell yeah ;)

1bighiccup
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:14 pm by 1bighiccup
The more you level the armour, the more of it physically appears on the character model, btw. At level 3, Heavy Armour has protection down the entire left side, looks awesome.
quidam
Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:22 am by quidam
i finished the game and have to say i really liked it altho it was a bit short, moving to new game+ now with ramped up difficulty :3
1bighiccup
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:46 pm by 1bighiccup
Now I've finished it...Xenoblade is in a completely different league.
dcj91x
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:16 pm by dcj91x
So Xenoblade is much better?
1bighiccup
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:21 pm by 1bighiccup
Not only is it 5 times longer (Xenoblade - 100 hours, LS - 20 hours) but I just find that Xenoblade feels more real. Last Story feels halfhearted in comparison
quidam
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:30 pm by quidam
in my opinion it comes down to taste...

xenoblade is much much wider and longer. longer != better however! (also consider last story can be played online)

it comes down to taste as i said, xenoblade focuses on exploration, sidequests and plot twists. last story plot is a lot less "twisted" but still very enjoyable as it focuses mroe on the actual gameplay part. the actual gameplay is also very different because both tried to add somethign to rpg scene but going very different routes.

both games also have stunning visuals and great soundtracks but i have to say xenoblade landscapes are truly amazing, last story while very good looking have nothing to that.

basically:

xenoblade pro:

amazing scenarios
lots of stuff to do
very long journey with complex plot
many possibilities to customize your party

xenobalde cons:

very easy game
low replay value

last story pro:

interesting battle system
very well made cast
online mode
high replay value (also have a higher difficulty new game+)

last story cons:

short for an rpg
few areas to explore
the secodn half of the game is very linear

this is all in my opinion of course. if you were to only buy one i'll probably suggest you to get xenoblade, but deep in my heart i have to say i had more fun with last story.

PS: xenoblade more real? lolwhut? have we forgotten about a certain someone trying to save metalface? at least they don't pull that in last story... and when did a fantasy need to feel real btw?
1bighiccup
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:37 pm by 1bighiccup
Last Story's graphics are actually pretty horrendous. Only Main char models are rendered with any detail, and even then only if they are at the PC level or a small band of fore/background around it.

Xenoblade feels more real because you simply explore the entirety of the world it's set in - in Last Story, you HEAR about other places in passing, but that's it, just a few namedrops here and there. The characters backgrounds (bar 2-3) are virtually nonexistent, too, whereas in Xenoblade we know at least a little.

Last Story beats Xenoblade in one area though. The voice acting is truly amazing.
quidam
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:40 pm by quidam
i don't think you know much more of characters background in xenoblade than last story... in a main cast of 7 people last story only tells you nothing of 2 of them.
Red
Post Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:31 pm by Red
i really like the General Asthar he pretty cool and nice is my 3rd favorite charater (guess who are my first 2 :hicc:).
anyway xenoblades is like one of if not the best game on the wii but like there things i just love about the last story who cares if it's a bit short like most normal rpg's game don't have 100 hours anyway look at the tales games 30-60 hours just saying i love it and i WILL play new game + once i beat the last few chapters .
also hic i got the sun sword but too late it's kinda weak for me XD.
Post  by Sponsored content

The Last Story

Page 1 of 1