Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 29 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 29 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal

Go down 
+99
PAiN---
Yamatsu
Antari18
VAlien12
anduin55
Arkenaw
CrystalPower
TheLaw
Anonymin
Rowiehz
Jake Johnson
GrashXL002
Ares
YamiGekusu
X Kitsune X
JFizzle
AzzraNoctul
Atalanta
navgoose
PokeMaster
Otoshimo
TKMT
Hanya
Randomhunter
Enkidu
Will
InstaCakes
Sai_
laoshanicrus
Sasori
Dathblade
evahnulahm
dcj91x
Lalo
E&Troy
parasky
dainbramage
Slyffer
oeon
Esham
Sir Valk
Neptyc
Lou Urau
Crystalis
Luciarn
MasterOnion
zeek
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Asyulur
SafariCat
Andrea88GOD
Vespyra
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Bimasena009
Shiny_Rayquaza
Blair H
Black TheLance
Step
Lucas
Stabster
Godzilla2195
Yuki
Kanade
Tiburon555
RDC
Rene
Valdast
quidam
Maika
BT Esq
Florenz
bill_the_noob
Andrew.
Axel3
Oni Zelkami
Kholdstare
It's meh
Vivi
elitezellet
stayman_jacobi
TiroDvD
crovis
kama
Ataraxia
Quentin
Kasumi
Chips
Silverwind
Koma
Win32error
blackice
Leonhardt
Exzyro
Ugthorf
Chriz
Lagia818
Ultimate Jaggi
Palas
rubinek
103 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
rubinek
Popo
rubinek

Thank you Points : 3

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Hunting Journal - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Killed Jhen for the very first time! A very nice Australian player named Selena helped me actually become useful (lol) and the two hunts we did went very smoothly. Got another EDG and two ElderDragonBloods. I'll soon be able to make a Jhen+ armor, although I still don't know where I can get the Conqueror Seals or whatever they are called. Time to head on to MH wiki i guess /yes/

Also, some other guy we did the hunt with told me that only Long Swords and Great Swords are good on Jhen. I asked him why, but he didn't really want to elaborate (no keyboard I presume). I didn't have any Dragon or Ice LS/GS so I was quickly relegated to operating cannons and ballista (see above). Can anyone explain? I read Jhen Mohran wiki page thoughtfully and there is nothing that says "this and this weapon sucks for reasons X and Y, don't use it", so I'm rather confused.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 11:08 am

I finally got Inceadeus+ and a good Sharpness +1 set!
For Incea+ I kinda gave up on the Deep Dragongem and got to making a new set, which I got shortly after. I had killed Ceadeus and was carving when suddenly... "Deep Dragongem obtained!" I was pretty excited, lemme tell you.
And as for the new set, it's full Helios with Lagriacus Mail and a two-slot talisman, Sharpness +1 and Earplugs, HGE with a weapon slot. it needs overforging, but for now I'm focusing on overforging my Baggi armour first. I've already done the Chest and Arm pieces, and I'm ready to overforge my Jaggi Mask too. Might as well have better defense...

I've also got my first Timeworn charm as a reward from the High Rank mission Rotten Fish (Capture a Lagriacus in the Flooded Forest). I carted once, but apart from that it's not too difficult.
In that same mission, I happened upon a guy who was using the EXACT SAME EQUIPMENT AS ME! Okay, so OF Rathian is a relatively common choice, but he also had Wyvern Blade "Flare".

I've also met several people who've had a laugh with my name choice.

On a side note, I did a High Rank Uragaan quest.
I got carted twice by his rolls. Why me? WHY ALWAYS ME!? Why can I never dodge it right?
I barely managed to redeem myself by having Tranquilizers and a Pitfall Trap... -_-'
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Mr Stark wrote:
I happened upon a guy who was using the EXACT SAME EQUIPMENT AS ME! Okay, so OF Rathian is a relatively common choice, but he also had Wyvern Blade "Flare".

I've also met several people who've had a laugh with my name choice.

The real Tony would never get caught wearing rathian armor :nya:

I played for a couple quests between games today on rookie server. Room had posted a powderstone quest and I join the other 3. I had my stone back for like 5 minutes while rest of team milling about at the top of volcano. At about that time I asked them if they were instead mining, and I would have aborted and gone elsewhere if true. No answers and about 5 minutes after that one of them actually dies carrying a stone. Then he aborts with his friend and I go grab another stone while the original poster starts back up, he dropped his to uragaan apparently. I got my second in before he even got one.

Fun times with rookies, the ragequitters were not worth my time but I hunted a Diablos with the other guy before logging out.

Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Damn, all these stories kinda makes me wanna start playing again. A shame that wii is broken....
Back to top Go down
parasky
Jaggi
parasky

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Today, this happened.

I still cannot believe I was lucky enough to get that. /yes/

Managed to get my lancing set:

Dober Helm
Agnaktor Mail
Barioth Vambraces
Vangis Coil
Barioth Leggings

Dragon Talisman (Evade +7 with 2 slots ♥)

Skills:
Evade +2
Evade Up
Guard +1

Now to grind for hr 100!

Back to top Go down
http://parasky.tumblr.com/
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Warped to someone on my friends list last night, ended up being the only non german in the city, but whatever, i don't talk much.

They decided to do the ala+ quest, myself and 2 others using clust, the 4th used hammer. Was pretty amusing watching the three of us standing on the ledge raining bombs down. Got ala trapped a couple of times but he didn't break the ledge so I think we got a little lucky there. Thought we'd manage it pretty quick, but when we did it in 5:05 i was :O

One of the guys was HR 999, but there was no obvious hacks (OHK, not taking damage etc), so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Got a couple of Skypiercers and a webbing to add to my collection Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Hanya
Popo
Hanya

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:09 am

So close to high rank now I can taste it!

Helped a few people with their Jhen urgents and made a Fang Hammer Echo. Not sure I like it as well as my Red Bludgeon, but they're both pretty good hammers.

I think I just need to complete the Uragaan capture quest to unlock my own Jhen urgent. Hoping to do that tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:46 am

Today was probably the most pathetic excuse of a login ever >_>
at least I got to see meh sister this morning & a good friend this evening.

Probably just gonna stop playing MH now tho, starting to see less & less a point why I bother anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 4:14 am

Enkidu wrote:
Warped to someone on my friends list last night, ended up being the only non german in the city, but whatever, i don't talk much.

They decided to do the ala+ quest, myself and 2 others using clust, the 4th used hammer. Was pretty amusing watching the three of us standing on the ledge raining bombs down. Got ala trapped a couple of times but he didn't break the ledge so I think we got a little lucky there. Thought we'd manage it pretty quick, but when we did it in 5:05 i was :O

One of the guys was HR 999, but there was no obvious hacks (OHK, not taking damage etc), so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

This sounds about right clust eats through mega ala .
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:47 am

Enkidu wrote:

He probably spammed Mega-Ala for hours and hours, which is way less respectable than someone who got it from just doing shit tons of hunts.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:41 am

Vegeta wrote:
Enkidu wrote:

He probably spammed Mega-Ala for hours and hours, which is way less respectable than someone who got it from just doing shit tons of hunts.

who cares, if you have the motivation to get to 999 might as well do it the fastest way possible.
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 12:13 pm

Vortiene wrote:
Vegeta wrote:
Spoiler:

who cares, if you have the motivation to get to 999 might as well do it the fastest way possible.

Doesn't even need to be MegaAla - both regular Ala and MegaAla give the same HRP. Though if you can clust gun, Ala's probably the most rapid way to raise HR (other quests do give more HRP, but they take longer. Best example is the Bari/Los Event quest, it gives 6300HRP with exchanger). And spamming Ala for HR999 still takes a lot more than hours - with exchanger, you get 4200 HRP per run. HR999 is at 8.9 million HRP. I'm currently HR 88 with 506 thousand. So if I was to spam Ala with clust gunning using exchanger on every run:

8.4 million HRP / 4200 HRP/run * 4 min/run = 133 hours, or about 6 days without stopping. And that's not including load times, reward screen times, and the fact that you can't get exchanger on every run. Add in those factors, and you're looking at closer to 280 hours, or about 12 days. Let's assume that they average about 4 hrs a day instead. That's about 70 days then.

Oh, and that's about 3000 Ala's killed. Frankly, I doubt anyone who loves Monster Hunter enough to get to HR999 would go through the mind-numbing experience of 3000 Ala hunts. If I was to go for HR999, I'd go for all the 100/30 titles first.

Yeah, it's a lot of motivation and dedication to get to HR999. Let them enjoy it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Atalanta wrote:
Vortiene wrote:
Vegeta wrote:
Spoiler:

Doesn't even need to be MegaAla - both regular Ala and MegaAla give the same HRP. Though if you can clust gun, Ala's probably the most rapid way to raise HR (other quests do give more HRP, but they take longer. Best example is the Bari/Los Event quest, it gives 6300HRP with exchanger). And spamming Ala for HR999 still takes a lot more than hours - with exchanger, you get 4200 HRP per run. HR999 is at 8.9 million HRP. I'm currently HR 88 with 506 thousand. So if I was to spam Ala with clust gunning using exchanger on every run:

8.4 million HRP / 4200 HRP/run * 4 min/run = 133 hours, or about 6 days without stopping. And that's not including load times, reward screen times, and the fact that you can't get exchanger on every run. Add in those factors, and you're looking at closer to 280 hours, or about 12 days. Let's assume that they average about 4 hrs a day instead. That's about 70 days then.

Oh, and that's about 3000 Ala's killed. Frankly, I doubt anyone who loves Monster Hunter enough to get to HR999 would go through the mind-numbing experience of 3000 Ala hunts. If I was to go for HR999, I'd go for all the 100/30 titles first.

Yeah, it's a lot of motivation and dedication to get to HR999. Let them enjoy it.

I dont care about math, i care about the fact that it doesnt matter how people get to 999, its all the same amount of HR in the end O_o
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Really...? you guys are doing this here...

PM each other this crud or make a new about it DURR

ON TOPIC:
Morning hunting is... rather pathetic.
I mean, yea no one is really on in the morning and all that. But damm, its like no one who logs in the morning has a soul. I made an ala city to do tail runs real quick, city fills up & all I'm asked is " can youz cheat? "
lool I'm in a frieckin adrenaline set on ala do I look like I cheat?
and every other interaction there was worse than kids with no K/B who only know how to talk " Liek tey r on ter c3llfonz" I still can't understand why this one kid dropped out because I cut the tail & he didn't ( I chit you not, that was his reasoning when asked him >_> )

yeaa... I'm sticking to brawl and Zoids for my morning gaming lool
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:32 pm

Otoshimo wrote:
Really...? you guys are doing this here...

PM each other this crud or make a new about it DURR

ON TOPIC:
Morning hunting is... rather pathetic.
I mean, yea no one is really on in the morning and all that. But damm, its like no one who logs in the morning has a soul. I made an ala city to do tail runs real quick, city fills up & all I'm asked is " can youz cheat? "
lool I'm in a frieckin adrenaline set on ala do I look like I cheat?
and every other interaction there was worse than kids with no K/B who only know how to talk " Liek tey r on ter c3llfonz" I still can't understand why this one kid dropped out because I cut the tail & he didn't ( I chit you not, that was his reasoning when asked him >_> )

yeaa... I'm sticking to brawl and Zoids for my morning gaming lool

Oops, sorry about the derailment.

I agree about morning hunting - it's pretty sparse. I did get a few event runs done - made some money carrying eggs, and then somehow I missed getting the Hellhunter Jacket, so I started capturing Barroths for tickets.

On my last Barroth cap quest run, I was with a HR10, and he had Bari armor and Icicle Spike+ already. Good to see some hunters going far in offline before coming online. Made my day.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Atalanta wrote:
On my last Barroth cap quest run, I was with a HR10, and he had Bari armor and Icicle Spike+ already. Good to see some hunters going far in offline before coming online. Made my day.
Maybe I should try this on my alt, 404... I mean, progress in offline before getting online.
And before anyone accuses me of re-derailment, I'll edit this after I play a bit. Might as well get a story.

Edit: Here it is:
I blasted all the way up to the Great Jaggi with Artemis! Whoo!
I only carted twice in Guts: It's what's for dinner. Because I attempted to carve the Epioth while Lagi was around... /no/
Back to top Go down
AzzraNoctul
Popo
AzzraNoctul

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 6:46 pm

Hunting been sparse, house drama and all. So been farming via Roll the Uroktor. Going for charms and Shard weapons so far all I got is Greatsword both rust and ancient. Just need a rath ruby and lagia sapp to max those out. Just for collection though, let's hope I get SnS or Lance shard weapons soon. Got some nice charms along the way. Need to find a group for HR Lagia sooner or later but groups been kind of hit and miss lately at night. I either get a good group that doesn't last long or shoddy groups or rude players.
Communication seems to be the big killer. Nextgen on the WiiU I will make sure to get some form of communication. I can't stand "quick text" that omg st up bmb stuff drives me insane and typing out grammar with the onscreen takes too long.

Long story short hoping to run into more good groups online, getom Nox+ and Lagia+ farmed. Question if I may, between Eternal Hate and Divine Exodus which would be better when not using sharpness+1? Non sharpness grants blue sharpness while Hate has more raw, Divine has more dragon elemental.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:45 pm

AzzraNoctul wrote:
Question if I may, between Eternal Hate and Divine Exodus which would be better when not using sharpness+1? Non sharpness grants blue sharpness while Hate has more raw, Divine has more dragon elemental.

Kinda goes with what your hunting and what you feel's best

But if It was me, The sheer high elemental of Exodus hate served me well on plenty more occasions than eternal hate as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Hanya
Popo
Hanya

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:11 am

I agree that morning hunting is slow. When I first logged on, I think there were just over 70 people on? It took me forever to find a group.

I needed to capture Uragaan to unlock my Jhen urgent, but no one seemed to want to help out. I helped a few people with their own Jhen urgents and some oter stuff, but had to city-hop for like two hours before I found someone actually willing to help me. When I finally did find a willing group, we took down Gaan real quick.

Had similar problems finding someone for my Jhen urgent, so I decided to ditch the server I was on and I headed to the recruiting server. Three high rank hunters joined me and we crushed Jhen. They were nice, but for some reason, they liked setting SBBs near my character...

Anyway, I made it to HR 31~!

Don't know where I'll go from here. I've got those 4-star quests available now and will have to upgrade my weapons/armor further. Wasted an Elder Dragon Blood on the Guan Do. I don't like longswords, but it just looked really cool. Thinking now that I should have saved the Elder Dragon Blood for somethig else...

Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 7:06 am

Elder Dragon Blood doesn't have that many uses anyway.
In either case, Guan Dao will be useful offline, such as when fighting Ceadeus or the Raths. However, it's not really that good a choice for High Rank, despite the fact that it has better raw than Wyvern Blade "Flare".

Back to me:
Inceadeus+ with Sharpness+1 is the shiz! It headlocked a Rathian in Moga Forest and takes down a Great Jaggi in less than a minute!
Right now I'm just spamming freehunts, passing the time and hoarding Commodities and such until I get the Argosy here with the legendary Felyne Mask and several Advanced Armour Spheres to overforge my Baggi set.

I also did Hunter Killer. 13:53 with my Helios set+Lagi Mail set with Incea+. freehunting the Qurupeco while I was at it. The Barroth took a little extra effort, namely a Mega Potion. :nya:

I found out that I can farm a LOT of zenny by farming the elemental berries. Fields at maximum level + Dung/Fertile mud = 9 berries a cycle = about 1139z per batch of berries.
Whoo!

Morning hunting for me is okay. Then again, I am at Greenwich Mean Time, meaning almost every other country gets up earlier than me. I technically live in Spain, but the Canary Islands are one timezone behind, so most of Spain gets up earlier than me. :|
In any case, I need a good team for the High Ranked Barioth. Last time I screwed up by carting twice, making it the third cart right when Barioth was weak blank
IF ONLY I HAD SHOCK TRAPS.
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:51 am

Mr Stark wrote:
Right now I'm just spamming freehunts, passing the time and hoarding Commodities and such until I get the Argosy here with the legendary Felyne Mask and several Advanced Armour Spheres to overforge my Baggi set.

Maybe kill time by mining HR Volcano? It's one of my favorite activities - I get Adv. Armor Spheres and Hard Armor Spheres for armor upgrades, plus a few Timeworn Charms for chances at getting really great talismans. I've already gotten all the rust and worn weapons, so I sell off all of those, so it's a good run for building up zenni. It's usually my go-to quest if I can't find a good group online, or just a wind down when I'm tired and can't concentrate on hunting anything tougher than a Peco.

Hanya wrote:
Anyway, I made it to HR 31~!

Don't know where I'll go from here. I've got those 4-star quests available now and will have to upgrade my weapons/armor further.
Upgrading and creating new weapons/armor is a priority. I'd focus first on running the 4* Peco quests so you can make Peco+ armor. It has a great skill set, and should help for all of 4*, and well into 5*. After that, work on upgrading and making new weapons, but if the upgrade calls for a Ruby/Wyvern Stone/Sapphire, work on something else. Those parts can be had in 4* and 5*, but they're very rare - they're much easier to get in 6*.

I'm currently in the storm path in the northeast USA - power flickered a bit last night, but I didn't lose power (however, neighborhoods 2 miles south of me did). I'm quite inland, so power outages are the most likely scenario for me, and it looks like the worst has passed for where I am.

So I kept to offline play last night. Since I was just 2 Bari coins and 5 Gobul coins shy of finishing my Guild+ set, I ran offline arena. Got lucky on my first Free-For-All run - got 2 bari coins! I was worried it would take 2 or 3 runs to get just one. Then I switched over to Water Arena Rumble, and ran that twice to get the Gobul coins to make the waist piece. Still need 3 more Gobul coins for the legs, but as that's just a Torso Up piece, I'm using OF Gaan to get an idea of the skills and gemming it could use. Outside sounded pretty nasty, so I finished the night clobbering G. Jaggi's.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 3:38 pm

Mr Stark wrote:
Elder Dragon Blood doesn't have that many uses anyway.
In either case, Guan Dao will be useful offline, such as when fighting Ceadeus or the Raths. However, it's not really that good a choice for High Rank, despite the fact that it has better raw than Wyvern Blade "Flare".

1) you're gonna want to keep the EDB's you get now to save yoursef the hassle later when making some of the ELder Dragon weps and armors.

2) WhatChuTalkin'bout with this Guan Dao whiz-niz.
Guan's like one of my staple wep and I kick grass with it /yes/
I hear people rag on Guan Dao/Yan Yue Dao all the time, yet I've never had anyone complain to meh when I'm using my ninja-armor with Yan Yue. and I've used that set like 98% of the time on every profile i've made.
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 3:52 pm

^^ true dat
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 6:02 pm

Otoshimo wrote:
I've never had anyone complain to meh when I'm using my ninja-armor with Yan Yue. and I've used that set like 98% of the time on every profile i've made.

Dude!

no one ever complained about my four negative skill set after they saw me kicking those deviljhos asses.

even if it sucks, the one using it is the one that gives it its reputation.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 6:46 pm

Lalo wrote:
Otoshimo wrote:
I've never had anyone complain to meh when I'm using my ninja-armor with Yan Yue. and I've used that set like 98% of the time on every profile i've made.

Dude!

no one ever complained about my four negative skill set after they saw me kicking those deviljhos asses.

even if it sucks, the one using it is the one that gives it its reputation.

I did actually, but it was more a "dude are you this bored... GO READ OR SOMETHING" kinda complaint XD

Back to top Go down
Hanya
Popo
Hanya

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:48 am

Atalanta wrote:
I'm currently in the storm path in the northeast USA - power flickered a bit last night, but I didn't lose power (however, neighborhoods 2 miles south of me did). I'm quite inland, so power outages are the most likely scenario for me, and it looks like the worst has passed for where I am.

Glad to hear the storm hasn't given you too much trouble. I live in the Midwest, so I'm pretty far from the storm itself, but our weather's been pretty crappy nonetheless. Hope you and your neighors manage to avoid a power outage!

Anywho, high rank SUCKS!

I logged on today, all excited to try some high rank quests. I filled my item pouch with useful items and headed out on an HR Barroth hunt with two other hunters. It's barroth; how hard could it be, right?

Well, the Barroth wasn't too bad. Deviljho, on the other hand, was freaking awful. I was pounding away at Barroth when I suddenly got mauled by something. Thinking I'd gotten a Barroth tail in the face, I broke out of my stun and looked around, only to find Deviljho and Barroth duking it out. The other hunters I was with were all like: "Run!" So, I did.

For another ten or fifteen minutes we tried to take out Barroth, however Deviljho kept wandering back to us. We'd long run out of dungbombs, and none of us seemed able to take it out. One guy abandoned and the other carted. I abandoned shortly thereafter. One hit from Deviljho was nearly enough to KO me. Not fun.

After that, I helped a group hunt Rathian. The problem was that the initiator carted during the first few minutes and then decided to stay at camp for the remainder of the quest. I don't know it he had to step away from the game, or if he was too discouraged to re-enter the fray, however I noticed him wander back to the battle just before we killed it. He carved like there was no tomorrow.

Also helped a pair of hunters farm Barroth, G. Baggi, Gigginox and Gobul. After the first few runs, an HR 999 decided to join us.

The four of us set out on a G. Baggi hunt, and it ended faster than any I've ever seen. The HR 999 set up a trap, bombed G. Baggi and then cut it down with the Dark Demise. The rest of us barely got a hit in. It was pretty awesome.

I brought along a few bombs for the next quest and we bombed the hell out of a ton of monsters, killing them all in record time. During a Gobul cap quest, we accidentally killed it within like two minutes, without even using bombs. It was hilarious.

I don't doubt that some people out there could kill faster than we did, but the runs I made with that group were the fastest I've ever been a part of.

Played offline for a while. Was suprised to find a Rathalos in the Moga Woods during a freehunt. I wasn't ready for it, and got beat up pretty hard, but managed to kill it after a while. Also, offline Barioth was super easy. I'd been putting that quest off because I had a lot of trouble with him online, but it turns out that the red bludgeon, in tandem with some well-placed traps, makes quick work of him.

Tomorrow's Halloween, so I'm not sure I'll have time to play. When next I play however, I intend to start the HR stuff.

OH, and one last thing. While hunting a Gobul with another hunter today, he asked me to cut the tail. I gently explained that, since we were both using hammers, we couldn't cut the tail. He then went on to explain that we couldn't 'cut' the tail, but could break it off using our hammers. I wasn't sure whether to rage or laugh. I kept explaining that only bladed weapons can sever tails, but he didn't believe me.

/no/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal
Page 29 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 41  Next