Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Dragon's Dogma Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Dragon's Dogma Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dragon's Dogma

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Dragon's Dogma Empty
PostDragon's Dogma

Dragon's Dogma Dragonsdogmatransparent
So I'm sure plenty of you have heard of Dragon's Dogma by now, it's the new game from Capcom coming out in May, it's similar to MH but is only single-player. But if you want an introduction to the game, there's google and whatnot, but now that the demo is here, let's discuss.

Something I found REALLY interesting was that they took breaking a monster's parts a step further compared to MH. For example, in the demo, one of the monsters you can fight is a Chimera. You can jump on its tail and hack and slash away at the snake and sever it so it can't use its poison breath anymore. You can then attack the goat and kill it, and finally finish off the lion part. Of course, this is what will normally happen if you picked up some allies since they will do the work for you, because if you played the game, let's face it, you don't stand any more than half a chance against most boss monsters alone.
Definitely going to pick it up when it comes out in a few weeks and would like to hear what the rest of you think of the game, because after being able to play it, my opinion changed a lot, from it being "That game that Crapcom wants to replace Monster Hunter over here with" to "THE game which is like Monster Hunter but does the "hunt beasties, get parts, make fancy hats" in its own way, and is very fun and addicting."
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Dragon's Dogma :: Comments

Oni Zelkami
Re: Dragon's Dogma
Post Tue May 01, 2012 10:54 am by Oni Zelkami
I haven't had a chance to try the demo out yet, but from Max's video's it looks pretty fun. If the game controls well, I'll probably ask for it for my birthday.
Ataraxia
Post Tue May 01, 2012 1:49 pm by Ataraxia
And now I realise how out-of-it I've been recently. This game slipped entirely under 'My Little Games Radar' til just a few days ago. Is there much discussion about Capcom using it to attempt to replace MH for us western audiences? I'd like to think they're trying to gauge the market and increase popularity in the type of game... :/

Looks pretty good though, definitely gonna pick it up at some point, may even re-ignite my burning desire to play Tri once more while we/I wait for the inevitable 3DS upgrade and possible Tri G/4.
Yamatsu
Post Wed May 02, 2012 2:20 pm by Yamatsu
Shin Zelkami wrote:
I haven't had a chance to try the demo out yet, but from Max's video's it looks pretty fun. If the game controls well, I'll probably ask for it for my birthday.
From what I've played, it controls very nicely.

Ataraxia wrote:
And now I realise how out-of-it I've been recently. This game slipped entirely under 'My Little Games Radar' til just a few days ago. Is there much discussion about Capcom using it to attempt to replace MH for us western audiences? I'd like to think they're trying to gauge the market and increase popularity in the type of game... :/

Looks pretty good though, definitely gonna pick it up at some point, may even re-ignite my burning desire to play Tri once more while we/I wait for the inevitable 3DS upgrade and possible Tri G/4.
I don't want Capcom to use this game as a reason to abolish MH in the west, but I'm certainly wanting it to sell well. It's a good game, but not a reason to get rid of MH.
Kurtz
Post Wed May 02, 2012 3:02 pm by Kurtz
the way i saw it, it came pretty close to overshadowing MH. But it just doesn't have that feel +_+
But anywho, the game looks pretty fucking awesome. I'd get it
Quentin
Post Wed May 02, 2012 10:31 pm by Quentin
From what I've seen it's what you get when you mate MH and Dark Souls, although it controls quite well
Archie
Post Wed May 23, 2012 11:43 am by Archie
It came out yesterday and i got it, however I wont be able to play it much until this weekend, i played the demo and its simply awesome, being able to climb on the monsters is great!
Chipou
Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:06 pm by Chipou
I love how 2/3 of my ogre kills have been pushing them off cliffs.

Oh, and much needed bump.
Oni Zelkami
Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:07 pm by Oni Zelkami
The only Ogres are in Caves, and the Wilted Woods, outside the Abbey. Where'd you find a cliff to push one off?
Chipou
Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:11 am by Chipou
Found one by the tentacle monster thing under the city, he fell off the edge (Might as well be a cliff) and two terrorizing a boyscout camp ground, which is next to a cliff. please note my definition of a cliff includes anything that instantly kills stuff and is fairly high up.

Also what happens if you get thrown in jail with under 5k and no keys?
Oni Zelkami
Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:40 am by Oni Zelkami
Oh, you mean the one in the everfall? Since I was a lower level and could barely do any damage to it when I first met it, that's what I tired doing, but it wouldn't work.

Boyscout Camp? Are we playing the same game?

No idea what happens if you get thrown in Jail with less than 5000G. Maybe they guy will take some equipment? Or maybe you just have to wait. I can't imagine the game would just say "**** you" and never let you out.
Alice
Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:53 pm by Alice
Well this is what I get for not looking at forums...I loved DD /sad/
Oni Zelkami
Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:56 pm by Oni Zelkami
I still love it. Though the producer had recently said they'd be releasing new content somewhere down the line, so I'm taking a break as to not totally exhaust it's entertainment value.
Alice
Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:58 pm by Alice
I do too, haven't played it since the week of Dawngaurds release though :/ but it still in my possession >Yes by vort
Oni Zelkami
Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:25 am by Oni Zelkami
Speaking of Dawngaurd, DD is getting it's own version. The only significance the trailer really shows off is a new type of Dragon I believe.

We're also getting Speedrun, and Hard Mode for free before the end of the year.
Post  by Sponsored content

Dragon's Dogma

Page 1 of 1