Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!


Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 
 

 Gender Selection Online

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mai_
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Gender Selection Online   Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:27 pm

I normally play as my gender in most games, but if in some cases (like with Tri) I play as a male. However, I'm well aware that the online reputation for female avatars are usually guys playing as females. But its very unpopular among girls as males. In my experience, there's an issue when I say my gender. This is very annoying, I have proof on my profile and I'm still having these stupid comments saying "Your lying" or"Yeah right". I'm wondering if any of you have experience this similar situation.
Back to top Go down
Slyffer
Cephalos


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:44 pm

Frankly, I don't see why the gender matters. I'm gonna react the same whether I'm playing with a girl or a guy, i.e.; they're sound, we'll get along like a house on fire, they're there to troll me/they're being ignorant, then we won't get on. What I'm saying, pretty much, is that I've never felt the urge to put up on my profile what gender I am, because it shouldn't reflect on how others behave towards me.
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
Moderator


Thank you Points : 43

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:52 pm

@Slyffer wrote:
Frankly, I don't see why the gender matters. I'm gonna react the same whether I'm playing with a girl or a guy, i.e.; they're sound, we'll get along like a house on fire, they're there to troll me/they're being ignorant, then we won't get on. What I'm saying, pretty much, is that I've never felt the urge to put up on my profile what gender I am, because it shouldn't reflect on how others behave towards me.

That sentiment exactly is why rule 30 of the internet was written. Good on you slyffer.
Back to top Go down
Mai_
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:48 pm

@MasterOnion wrote:
@Slyffer wrote:
Frankly, I don't see why the gender matters. I'm gonna react the same whether I'm playing with a girl or a guy, i.e.; they're sound, we'll get along like a house on fire, they're there to troll me/they're being ignorant, then we won't get on. What I'm saying, pretty much, is that I've never felt the urge to put up on my profile what gender I am, because it shouldn't reflect on how others behave towards me.

That sentiment exactly is why rule 30 of the internet was written. Good on you slyffer.

I totally forgot about those rules /yes/ . I'll just stay in the kitchen then.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios


Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Go online as whatever you want, and if someone annoys you, there's always the blocklist, which is the hunter's all purpose tool for shutting people up XD.

And as for the profile... Hardly anyone will READ so I honestly don't think you should even bother wasting nerve power in your fingers trying to type something people will glance at for a second and not read.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:29 pm

Once I recived a message saying "Help me I am a girl"
I answered her (or him) in a way that she (or he) wont ask for help again,
In spanish. It worked
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:34 pm

@It's meh wrote:
And as for the profile... Hardly anyone will READ

I disagree, I enjoy reading profiles
Back to top Go down
Mai_
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:48 pm

@Lalo wrote:
Once I recived a message saying "Help me I am a girl"
I answered her (or him) in a way that she (or he) wont ask for help again,
In spanish. It worked

LOL, I'm sorry, but our princess is in another castle.
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 14

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:54 pm

I was a sucker to help people who claim they were a female character back then that i got smarter along the way that i stopped N test them on their reaction. you can tell in some way if they are really a guy disguise as a woman lol. dun ask meh how but i blew a couple of em xD
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios


Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:21 pm

@Lalo wrote:
@It's meh wrote:
And as for the profile... Hardly anyone will READ

I disagree, I enjoy reading profiles
WELL DO RANDOM PEOPLE DO IT!?
XD

I'm messin with ya, but tbh... plenty of people don't read the profiles at all, I've had alternate accounts say: "Alternate profile" or "I'm not new at this".
Then I get people who've hunted with me say: "wow have you played this game before?"

And I just say "yeah, look at my profile"
They go: "How do I do that?"

and as I am typing this, I no longer wish to continue typing about this... XD
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala


Thank you Points : 46

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Personally I dont care what gender people say they are online, no reason to believe them after all. I dont see why it even matters.
Plus whenever I get hit on online I simply say "Sorry Im a guy". Works everytime. Also the problem with people asking your genders? Why should they know? Its none of their buisness...

I tried playing with a male character for fun, but I found it too akward and stopped using it alltogether. It is odd though, when I play as my main people generally do
have favouritism towards her than compared to the time I played as a guy >_>
But hey, I assume most who flip out over seeing a girl avatar is most likely a kid...and I shouldnt waste time with a kid like that.

As for profile reading...what can I say? Im curious XP
Back to top Go down
http://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
MasterOnion
Moderator


Thank you Points : 43

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:33 am

@Mai_ wrote:
@MasterOnion wrote:
@Slyffer wrote:
Frankly, I don't see why the gender matters. I'm gonna react the same whether I'm playing with a girl or a guy, i.e.; they're sound, we'll get along like a house on fire, they're there to troll me/they're being ignorant, then we won't get on. What I'm saying, pretty much, is that I've never felt the urge to put up on my profile what gender I am, because it shouldn't reflect on how others behave towards me.

That sentiment exactly is why rule 30 of the internet was written. Good on you slyffer.

I totally forgot about those rules /yes/ . I'll just stay in the kitchen then.

See, now I'm worried because I'm not sure if you got what I actually meant, or if you think I'm just being sexist /scar/
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha


Thank you Points : 35

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:54 am

I'm a girl but in MH games my main char is always a guy :P
guy's armors are just more badass ;)
Back to top Go down
Dathblade
Popo


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:39 am

As long as they can kill they can be any gender they want ;) lol I hate people using girl chars as a means for excusing their bad playstyle, and i hate the dudes that always want to be the hero. So all in all idc what your gender is, just dont be a god awful player.

I read profiles but i swear, every dude has to relate themselves to the darkness like some batman wannabe, and the girls always have to be the feisty man-killer. ATLEAST be original, so what if no one will see it lol might as well make it worth while for the people that check it out /yes/
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:31 pm

@Andrea88GOD wrote:
I'm a girl but in MH games my main char is always a guy :P
guy's armors are just more badass ;)


i would agree with you but third generation seemed too watered down for my taste no originality so i stuck with my gender. Unite i played both
Back to top Go down
Dark Soul Slayer
Felyne


Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:05 am

@Andrea88GOD wrote:
I'm a girl but in MH games my main char is always a guy :P
guy's armors are just more badass ;)

Lol it's the opposite for me... Im a guy irl but in mh im girl because girl armor is cooler :p
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha


Thank you Points : 35

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:09 am

uuuhhh ok...
but what's so cool in fighting in a school's outfit exactly?? :P
I find it quite sexist...why girls have a fcking school uniform while guys have the guild bard???
Back to top Go down
Dathblade
Popo


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:55 am

Because Japan is known for that stuff, look at games like Dead or alive. First off that game is very strange on the name sense its about chicks in swimsuits playing volleyball, but second and this is the real point: they dont expect alot of girls to play games like monster hunter. So they try to appease the perverse 12 year olds instead of giving the girls an awesome armorset.
Back to top Go down
Dark Soul Slayer
Felyne


Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:54 am

@Andrea88GOD wrote:
what's so cool in fighting in a school's outfit exactly?? :P

Fighting in a school uniform is pretty cool. Plus my first character is a guy so after a while i got bored of all the guys armours and made a girl character. The girl armour may not be "cooler" buts its something different and new.
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha


Thank you Points : 35

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:55 am


then they should've make the school uniform for the guys too, instead of guild bard, considering guys in anime and games wear the school uniform too sometimes...
I don't see schools in monster hunter -_-
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
Moderator


Thank you Points : 43

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:31 pm

Lets try and keep this discussion away from sexism please. This game is from Japan, you know the kind of weird stuff that happens there.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:36 pm

@Andrea88GOD wrote:
guy's armors are just more badass ;)
I like the female version of vangis better, the damascus and bahnabra sets are pretty cool on female too
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Male dober XD all guys i have met go wtf -_- lol not many guys want to wear such a revealing set unless trolling, and still not many will use it. To me if i was playing unite i would use a male because one of my favorite sets is blangonga in females i go ick every time i use it. Tri has no IT set on males for me i don't feel like using guild bard because of all tge pinp jokes tgat appear with scholars very few people actually mention the school girl look so i see some of these arguments invalid because i used male in every mh and female. The one issue i do have is i get hit on a lot and all the panty shots when playing my gender. When i was in the EU server i kept on being launched before just so some guys could see my characters panties.
Back to top Go down
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha


Thank you Points : 35

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:14 am

@Yuki wrote:
When i was in the EU server i kept on being launched before just so some guys could see my characters panties.

ewwww, GROSS!!
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:29 am

Very... I refuse to use some sets around my younger male friends because their minds start to wander.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Today at 12:54 am

Back to top Go down
 
Gender Selection Online
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Gender Selection Online
» Gender Selection On The Forums
» 40K Online, Tau Tactica, Spacemap
» Warhammer online infos + RVR screen
» CHLOEROCKS NOW ONLINE!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii :: Monster Hunter 3 (Tri)-
Jump to: