Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!


Monster Hunter Wiki Forum

Monster Hunter information and General Talk
 
Get ConnectedHomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS

Share | 
 

 Gender Selection Online

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mai_
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Gender Selection Online   Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

I normally play as my gender in most games, but if in some cases (like with Tri) I play as a male. However, I'm well aware that the online reputation for female avatars are usually guys playing as females. But its very unpopular among girls as males. In my experience, there's an issue when I say my gender. This is very annoying, I have proof on my profile and I'm still having these stupid comments saying "Your lying" or"Yeah right". I'm wondering if any of you have experience this similar situation.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
kama
Seltas Queen


Thank you Points : 14

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:29 am

Spoiler:
 

Dun forget Bone armor. its revealing n one of most underrated set IMO
Back to top Go down
Dathblade
Popo


Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:08 pm

i'm working on getting Dober xD It has a witch doctor feel to it, idky but the color scheme just reminds me of old anime so I feel right at home.

Kama's right on the Bone armor tho lol I skipped over it without a thought, its basically a crappier version of Dober when it comes to looks. Although I will admit the skills on it are pretty sexy for capping, great for monsters you never fought before since you'll have a better chance of catching, and shipping it to prof Oak instead of killing it.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:55 pm

@Yuki wrote:
Male dober XD all guys i have met go wtf -_- lol not many guys want to wear such a revealing set unless trolling, and still not many will use it. To me if i was playing unite i would use a male because one of my favorite sets is blangonga in females i go ick every time i use it. Tri has no IT set on males..

>_> yuki did you just bring IT up
on the forum!!

well mabey I'll start a revolution and be the one guy with the guts to use IT in public.

anyway, back to the subject. The only problem I have with it is the trust behind it. When my original "clique/gang/whaterev you wanna call it" was still around one person managed to fool all of use into thinking he was a girl, and for a good months or so before I caught on. his motives were... perverted to say the least. At this point, I really don't care who I meet being what reander online/IRL anymore. but there is always been that thought in the back of now on of that grim incident and if I'd happen again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Yuki
Rajang


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:11 pm

You brought it up hun.

I know what you mean I ended having a friend like that as well I forgave them but that trust was gone from before.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Yeah... I had a friend who claim to be les and made his own les clan and started dating a very close friend.

Surpraise surpraise! 6 months later he was a dude. weirdest guy I have ever met ._.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:14 pm

@Lalo wrote:

Surpraise surpraise! 6 months later he was a dude. weirdest guy I have ever met ._.

or most desperate guy you've ever met XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Andrea88GOD
Kecha Wacha


Thank you Points : 35

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:36 pm


I lost count of how many times that happened to me -_-
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:23 pm

Lol I am highly distrusting of certain friends because of this. I question their motiges in some cases I end all contact because that trust isn't there anymore.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:36 pm

I use both a male and female character online. I don't have any problem because at the end is just the avatar, what I care about is how the other player is playing (Really? /no/ )
At least nobody ever asked me if I was a guy when playing with the female char, but maybe the others are a bit... idk, excited? I mean, male players are crazy to find female players online.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios


Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:01 am

@ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
I use both a male and female character online. I don't have any problem because at the end is just the avatar, what I care about is how the other player is playing (Really? /no/ )
At least nobody ever asked me if I was a guy when playing with the female char, but maybe the others are a bit... idk, excited? I mean, male players are crazy to find female players online.

Yeah... I seem to get more "praise" when I use an alternate character...

Then again, it doesn't bother me since my main profile gets plenty of praise too (except now since I'm ranked in the 400s and that automatically labels me as a hacker).
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:57 am

Lol I still got a lot of praise when I was 400+ then agsin being a girl people are less harsh on you to a fault I was called a hacker my early ranks because I could do more than sone high ranks at hr 9
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios


Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:06 am

@Yuki wrote:
Lol I still got a lot of praise when I was 400+ then agsin being a girl people are less harsh on you to a fault I was called a hacker my early ranks because I could do more than sone high ranks at hr 9

Played a bit of offline before getting online?
I only ask because something similar happened to my main profile when I popped in with lagi gear at HR1 XD
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang


Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:08 am

Kinda. I also played mhfu like a week prior so tri had prrtty decent hitboxes.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:01 pm

@It's meh wrote:
@ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
I use both a male and female character online. I don't have any problem because at the end is just the avatar, what I care about is how the other player is playing (Really? /no/ )
At least nobody ever asked me if I was a guy when playing with the female char, but maybe the others are a bit... idk, excited? I mean, male players are crazy to find female players online.

Yeah... I seem to get more "praise" when I use an alternate character...

Then again, it doesn't bother me since my main profile gets plenty of praise too (except now since I'm ranked in the 400s and that automatically labels me as a hacker).
Praise... exactly. Male players are desperate for Female players so much that almost nobody believes that a female character IS a female player now.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala


Thank you Points : 12

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:43 am

@ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
@It's meh wrote:
@ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
I use both a male and female character online. I don't have any problem because at the end is just the avatar, what I care about is how the other player is playing (Really? /no/ )
At least nobody ever asked me if I was a guy when playing with the female char, but maybe the others are a bit... idk, excited? I mean, male players are crazy to find female players online.

Yeah... I seem to get more "praise" when I use an alternate character...

Then again, it doesn't bother me since my main profile gets plenty of praise too (except now since I'm ranked in the 400s and that automatically labels me as a hacker).
Praise... exactly. Male players are desperate for Female players so much that almost nobody believes that a female character IS a female player now.

Whenever I'm playing my alt, I seem to get a lot of praise for what I do.
Like I cut ian's tail and Koed her with sns (not that hard; trust me) and people are like "How are you so good!?"
I do the same on my main all the time >.>
And sometimes i just pretend to be bad on my alt to see peoplez reactions. instead of throwing insults at me like they do on my main they say "It's okay'
Triple cart*
"it's not your fault, it's the monster's." blank
And I realize that most people Hr 30-51 suck; even compared to low rankers. I mean really, you can't even solo a lagi?
And it being low rank too >_>



Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios


Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:31 pm

@ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
@It's meh wrote:
@ShadowCeadeusDM324 wrote:
I use both a male and female character online. I don't have any problem because at the end is just the avatar, what I care about is how the other player is playing (Really? /no/ )
At least nobody ever asked me if I was a guy when playing with the female char, but maybe the others are a bit... idk, excited? I mean, male players are crazy to find female players online.

Yeah... I seem to get more "praise" when I use an alternate character...

Then again, it doesn't bother me since my main profile gets plenty of praise too (except now since I'm ranked in the 400s and that automatically labels me as a hacker).
Praise... exactly. Male players are desperate for Female players so much that almost nobody believes that a female character IS a female player now.
I've been online for so long, I don't believe that some male players are even MALE players at all XD
Back to top Go down
ShadowCeadeusDM324
Tigrex


Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:07 pm

@Ultimate Jaggi wrote:


Whenever I'm playing my alt, I seem to get a lot of praise for what I do.
Like I cut ian's tail and Koed her with sns (not that hard; trust me) and people are like "How are you so good!?"
I do the same on my main all the time >.>
And sometimes i just pretend to be bad on my alt to see peoplez reactions. instead of throwing insults at me like they do on my main they say "It's okay'
Triple cart*
"it's not your fault, it's the monster's." ._.
And I realize that most people Hr 30-51 suck; even compared to low rankers. I mean really, you can't even solo a lagi?
And it being low rank too >_>



I should try that someday, I would get some funny results

@It's meh wrote:

I've been online for so long, I don't believe that some male players are even MALE players at all XD
I knew something like that would happen someday. Female players playing with Male characters are getting more common. In a future every female character will be a male player and vice versa, making the internet a community of trans
Back to top Go down
DualFace
Aptonoth


Thank you Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:27 am

I been playing video games since before a lot of you (most of you) were even born.

Which means I've been playing videogames before you could even perceive a 'sex' of a videogame character.

When games went 3D, and started having voices n' things, that was cool. And back then there were hardly ANY female main characters or characters in general. Now that there's usually a choice to have one, as a guy, I'm gonna pick the female avatar.

Why? Because I'm a grown male and I'd prefer to stare at a female-avatar's ass all game than a dude's as I have been for so many years prior. LoL

With the subject of MH, I make both female and male characters because they get different armor sets. Pure n' simple.

/yes/
Back to top Go down
globby
Kelbi


Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:59 am

@DualFace wrote:
[color=lemonchiffon]

Why? Because I'm a grown male and I'd prefer to stare at a female-avatar's ass all game than a dude's as I have been for so many years prior. LoL


I'm always jelly of that. where's the hot guy stuff?!?! :P

i always play a male because i am, but there's nothing more enjoyable than the confusion of someone trying to figure out my gender when i drop the "Hubby" word.

I personally refuse to play a female character due to the automatic assumption when people realize i am a gay guy that i'm trying to be some no-life sex-addict pervert "trying to spread" my "gayness" through the wires of the interwebz (actually had someone refuse to play with/against me in another game for fear of it being contagious. lol)
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha


Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:11 pm

@Ultimate Jaggi wrote:
I realize that most people Hr 30-51 suck; even compared to low rankers. I mean really, you can't even solo a lagi?
And it being low rank too >_>
This actually happened to me once. You already know the story if you've seen my post at the Waaaaahbulance:
Spoiler:
 
I mean, really. I've soloed Barroth online (with both subquests) Also done Uragaan and the Royal Ludroth solo. I also use every single weapon type in both MH3 and MHFU (yes, including the supposedly unwieldy Hunting Horn), which does lead to large costs but helps in the long run.

I also tend to make a shedload of sets. And while I will agree that Dober looks kinda ugly, I can't ignore those epic Defense and Dragon Res stats. I don't care how an armour or weapon looks so long as it works well for the quest I'm gonna do, so you might as well have a cup of STFU if you're gonna complain about the Jaggi Armour's pathetic Fire Res or that there are better weapons I can make.

EDIT: Back on topic, I tend to play as a guy, but sometimes I just want female armour for the hell of it.
Why? One word: KIRIN.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos


Thank you Points : -1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:50 pm

Anyone notice that if someone is a girl in an online game they HAVE to let you know? like you say "he did this" and there like "IM A GIRL!"

I think of every character in any online game as male, makes things simpler.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala


Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Just think about it the other way, if someone said "she did this" and they are talking about you, you dont mind? My name confuses some people cuz its not an american name and some people refer to me as a girl and I am like "I am a guy D:"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Gender Selection Online   Today at 9:11 am

Back to top Go down
 
Gender Selection Online
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Gender Selection Online
» Gender Selection On The Forums
» 40K Online, Tau Tactica, Spacemap
» Warhammer online infos + RVR screen
» CHLOEROCKS NOW ONLINE!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunter Wiki Forum :: Nintendo :: Wii :: Monster Hunter 3 (Tri)-
Jump to: