Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Moments of WTF and rage Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Moments of WTF and rage Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Moments of WTF and rage

Go down 
+12
cashweather5399
UltimateSHMUPs
GrashXL002
laoshanicrus
Kaz
Tomderdepp
IBGenius
tigrexhorn431
Lalo
DannyLee94
BoredForLife
InstaCakes
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

Moments of WTF and rage Empty
PostSubject: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 4:06 pm

This topic is meant to be the polar opposite of the Achievement thread: Moments where you just wanted to throw the psp at the wall or push its screen in or just press the PS button and exit the game.
Or laugh.

Two examples:
WTF:
Blangonga killed me by bumping into me while stunned.
Pink Rathian killed me with her tail while taunting.

Rage:
Monoblos got angry, roared three times in a row, stunned me (no, I don't know how either) then charged and got me carted.
Low Rank Tigrex and Rathalos killed me with High Rank arsenal. /mad/

Last edited by Mr Stark on Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 4:23 pm

My top WTF moment was when a rathalos hit me with a tail-turn and then hit me with another one and stunned me. Then he turned again and hit me again. And while I was getting up he hit me again. And then while I was getting up he hit me again. We are talking about high rank rathalos versus g rank equip here....

Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 5:07 pm

High rank Black Gravios.
Heat ray, somehow get bumped by wing, get hit by the ray, get up, heat ray, get up, heat ray. :X
Back to top Go down
DannyLee94
Felyne
DannyLee94

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:22 am

WTF:

- The first time I fought Plessy and I recieved a fatal hip-check attack whilst I stood behind him...
- Panic Diving directly in front of a charging tigrex, avoiding the initial change, but dieing from the subsequent bite at the end of the charge

RAGE:

- Being carted into a swamp wall by a charging bullfango causing my camera to spin and face the wall, then, with no clear view of what was going on, standing up right in a Gravios heat beam...
- Getting hit by Los' air poison scratch, struggling to get out my antidote, press square to use the antidote only to be stabbed by a vespoid just as the antidote-taking animation commenced, then dieing from the poisioning I had gotten from the Los.
- Numerous cases of being paralysed by Genprey, then dieing from a follow up attack from the boss monster...
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 5:58 pm

My only moments of rage were when I was getting use to the controls;

start the quest, run to the box, press square, eats max potion, abandon
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:08 am

WTF:
Actually this is more of a LOLWUT but I made a Basarios die from an explosive rock in the face. :hicc:
While beating the Urgent for HR8 with a friend: RAGING NARGACUGA TAIL-SLAM DOUBLE KILL!
High Rank Land of the Tremors: One Tigrex made the other one (who was in rage mode) flinch twice. Even broke its claw. Hilarious!
Beginning of Old Jungle Lightning, appeared in area 7, get on vines, cue Vespoid charge. Next to no damage, of course, but got sent rolling.
Finding out panic diving from the top of the Town fort down the ladders is faster than jumping. Skips a whole floor if you do it right, plus you get up faster.

Rage:
Attempted to roll away from Narga's tail-slam. Direct hit.
Farming Gold Rathian's materials, she does a triple fireball, hits me sending me rolling towards a wall, I try to run away, then she triple-fireballs me catching me twice in a row and carting me. Spammer.
WAITING FOR TERRA SHOGUN TO GET DOWN FROM THE CAVE ROOF. As if he isn't hard enough already.
Khezu's habit of electrocuting you when you're mid-combo and under him. You're lucky if you can block in time.
Every Pseudo-wyvern's paws hitting me when they bite, I mean, it's a BITE, not a charge. Why do the paws do the same damage?
Same as above when Narga does the turn and pounce. I would've dodged the one time it if it weren't for those few cm he drifts forward. But no, I get carted because his paws bumped into me. -_-'
Also, every time you're BESIDE the wyvern/Elder Dragon and get hit by its charge anyway.
Back to top Go down
tigrexhorn431
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 8:51 pm

WTF:

When Rathalos was taunting, I rolled to his left. After he taunted, I rolled accidentally to his right only to get hit by a fireball.

When a Congalala was going to jump at me I throwed a flash bomb. After the flash he was stunned and was slowly falling as if he was flying.

Rage:

When my reward was low and I am one death from failure to kill a rathian, it poisoned me. With one health left, I tried to drink my ancient potion. BUT died by seeing my hunter only about to put it in his mouth. Even when I have the skill Quick Eating.

Same situation as the rathian part but this time my enemy was a tigrex. I was going to take a max potion but accidentally used the bbq spit. Then died by a raged tigrex charge
Back to top Go down
DannyLee94
Felyne
DannyLee94

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:27 am

Trollrex strikes again, I can almost hear the sound of his "SKIIIDDOOOSH!... BOOOYAH!"
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:57 pm

I haven't beat a single Plesioth in my save cause I fought it before in a old save and decided to never fight it again due to a rage quit after it hip checked me, ran to the water, went in, and soon kicked my but with a dumb water blast.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 3:38 am

maybe one of my greatest rage moments:
fighting Akantor (still trying to kill him for the first time) after about half an hour I'm out of potions. I keep fighting and manage to survive for another 10min (thanks to some flutes of my cat) and then get hit and die. he wasn't limping but I'm quite sure he was nearly dead.

maybe not really WTF moments but funny sutuations:
standing beneeth a rathalos near to the exit of the area. hit him and roll out of area. as I come back he was dead.

standing under Diablos doing a vertical slash as it starts chargeing. cut of the tail.

Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:55 pm

The elder veggie just gave me a max potion. WTF !? that took me by surpraise xD
Back to top Go down
Kaz
Aptonoth
Kaz

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 9:06 am

Today while fighting a monoblos with my alt, I got hit by his horn pop-up while he was in rage mode, and was killed by a vespoid while getting up. /versad/
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 3:34 pm

trying to kill laoshan with a bow..../sad/ Rage by sipax
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:17 pm

Ahhh, I remember when I was making low-rank Ceataur armor. Making Ceantaur armor and got hit by Shogun's claw and then died by being to close to the lava...
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 6:26 pm

I'm fairly new to the game, just got to 5* village quests and 4* guild quests.

WTF:

Conga killed Daimyo Hermitaur for me. Nice.

Doing a guild Cephadrome, know that attack when he likes to jump into the sand? Well RIGHT on the tip of his tail, during his jump, I struck an arrow, he went toppling through the air and guess what? Died on the ground. Wtf?

Rage:

First Kut-Ku, I really need his carves, I fall unconscious, my cat kills Kut-Ku while I'm on the floor. No carves for me /versad/

BLANGO BLANGO BLANGO!!! SO ANNOYING!!!!

Doing the guild hall Blangonga urgent, OMG! Blangoes continuesly swiping at me and tripping me up, leaving Blangonga to faint me TWICE!

Also, the cat is useless, he relieves me from stun RIGHT BEFORE Blangonga body-slams me, and I literally mean the nano second before he hit me...
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:27 am

started a new charakter... needet 7 Machalite-Ore at 2* or 3* elder-quests. do lots of gathering quests and so on takes me hours to get them... then finally I got all of them and I go to the farm and get 3 from there!!! that damn desire sensor!!!!
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:38 pm

Fightings a low rank pink rathian. I got cornered. Every time I got up it charged.she repeated until I died.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 1:59 pm

Tomderdepp wrote:
maybe one of my greatest rage moments:
fighting Akantor (still trying to kill him for the first time) after about half an hour I'm out of potions. I keep fighting and manage to survive for another 10min (thanks to some flutes of my cat) and then get hit and die. he wasn't limping but I'm quite sure he was nearly dead.

maybe not really WTF moments but funny sutuations:
standing beneeth a rathalos near to the exit of the area. hit him and roll out of area. as I come back he was dead.

standing under Diablos doing a vertical slash as it starts chargeing. cut of the tail.

Same thing happened to me, but I was doing my Nekoht Monoblos urgent and when the Monoblos was half-way through it's charge I cut off it's tail and it went SKIDDOOOSSHHH into my cat and for some reason killed it.
Back to top Go down
UltimateSHMUPs
Kelbi
UltimateSHMUPs

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 5:32 pm

Every time my cat kills a huge monster I'm like "WTF!?, couldn't you do that earlier?!"

And when I get stunned by a Vespoid while carving and lose my chance because of time over I feel like throwing my PSP at the wall. Especially when there are Genprey involved. Dammit!
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 9:06 am

RAGING NARGA TAILSLAM DOUBLE KILL still ranks top in my funny moments.

Also, hacked Felyne Comrades on any Fatalis of your choice. The ultimate reflex-test hammer!
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 11:13 am

Mr Stark wrote:

Also, hacked Felyne Comrades on any Fatalis of your choice. The ultimate reflex-test hammer!

Lol yeah, raging Narga doing tailslams more than once is quite funny.
Back to top Go down
cashweather5399
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:11 pm

When in a middle of a fight in the desert my heat endurance goes away, then the monster hits me. With minimal health and i die right when i get up /versad/
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 1:23 pm

GrashXL002 wrote:
Mr Stark wrote:

Lol yeah, raging Narga doing tailslams more than once is quite funny.

No, I mean a raging Nargacuga tailslam killed me AND another hunter. POW.

WTF: Decided to practise GS charging. Took out my Great Pincer G, Ceanataur Z and took on Nehokt's Tigrex (G-rank version of the Hermitaur GS, astounding amount of purple sharp with Sharpness +1) and while I did win, there was one moment where as I unleashed a Lv 2 charge on Tigrex to rush-stop him, we hit each other. He flinched mid-charge alright, but I froze in midair for a split second!

(of course, I figured out later this was because your animation freezes when you hit a weak point)
Back to top Go down
Crypt96
Aptonoth
Crypt96

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:47 pm

Rage:  In the volcano, i killed rathalos with my light bowgun in mid air and he fell in the lava.  I never got his carves.  /versad/ 

WTF: I once (with a light bowgun) killed plesi in the water and he just floated there.  this was in MHFU and you could not swim in water.

WOW:  light bowgun again.  I was shooting pellets at a Rathlos and my teammate jumped off the cliff where the eggs are, in the deserted island, and the pellet shot hit him in mid air, sendng my teammate flying back.  my teammate then landed on the cliff that is normally inaccessible.  if i were a gunner on that cliff... OMG i would be untouchable.  that was weird how he landed there.  i wish i screenshotted this
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 8:50 am

I remember the first time I ever fought a Rathian in MHF1. I was so excited when I beat it that I accidentally dropped my PSP and the battery fell out. Needless to say I had to kill it again. /versad/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moments of WTF and rage   Moments of WTF and rage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moments of WTF and rage
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next