Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)

Go down 
+9
Edsain
Yuki
TKMT
Emilette
parasky
Jader7777
Otoshimo
Ares
dcj91x
13 posters
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Empty
PostSubject: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 7:47 am

I think a few people may still be unclear on some of these areas so let's talk about them here.

MH3U for the 3DS offers a variety of options on how to play the game just like MHtri did and MH3U on the WiiU will.

Lets take a brief look at each.

1. Centering camera: the centering camera when turned on allows you to center on a large monster in the same area as you. The camera does not stay locked it only "centers" the camera on an angle facing the large monster. If there are multiple large monsters in a single area a toggle will appear allowing you to decide which large monster to center the camera on when the button is pushed. Again, this feature can be turned on and off as needed and the activation button and toggle button can be custom sized to allow for each individual players style.

2. On screen "D pad" this controls the camera and works as a normal D pad (not a slide pad). You can press and hold an angle to aim the camera in the direction you want it to look. And like other parts of the touch screen it can be shaped and sized at you see fit to match your tiny fingers or sausage hands. By placing it close to the regular A,B,X,Y buttons though you can quickly and easily control the camera with little difficulty or learning cube while playing.

3. Slide pad pro, this option adds an additional slide pad an buttons that take over for the camera and the buttons for swimming. Adding a bit more size to the normal 3DS and a classic control style to those who are use to it alone.

All 3 options will appeal to different people and can be used together or individually allowing everyone to adapt a play style that works best for them.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:15 am

The on screen dpad may take a bit of getting used to, I'll probably try it out at first, and buy a slide pad pro if i dont like it, but I'll likely only be using the 3ds version on road trips and stuff, I'm gonna be on the wiiU more often seeing as it will offer online services.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 1:51 am

If I can work the controls in the same fashion as KIU's gameplay, it'll be a piece of cake. No sliding thingy for a'me.

lool I can already anticipate I'll be on MHU online with like lalo, tiff, my bratty lil sister or someone & they'll be yelling at me to stop playing MHU3DS XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 12:26 pm

WiiU supports Classic Controller Pro,

All is well.
Back to top Go down
parasky
Jaggi
parasky

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 2:12 pm

I'll probably use the circle pad pro on the 3DS version, and use the Wii U Tablet Controller with the Wii U version. (Yes, I'm getting the Wii U version, and no, one of my relatives is getting a Wii U.)
Back to top Go down
http://parasky.tumblr.com/
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 3:16 pm

Jader7777 wrote:
WiiU supports Classic Controller Pro,

All is well.

*Ahem* Gentlemen

-points at part of Thread title saying "(3DS)"-
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:58 pm

To be honest the whole screen touching business looks really uncomfortable. That's why I'm sticking to the console version. Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Emilette
Melynx
Emilette

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:02 pm

Question: Does the XL's additional joystick/circle pad take over for movement or camera controls, or does it affect anything at all? Because playing MH on the tiny screen of the regular 3DS sounds like a headache waiting to happen.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 12:07 am

Emilette wrote:
Question: Does the XL's additional joystick/circle pad take over for movement or camera controls, or does it affect anything at all? Because playing MH on the tiny screen of the regular 3DS sounds like a headache waiting to happen.
I don't see why not.

That's what the Circle Pad Pro did for the original 3DS...
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:37 am

I have no issue with the tiny screen the bigger it is the faster I get a headache x.x that combined with 3D sounds like short nights and tons of tylenol
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:11 am

Yuki wrote:
I have no issue with the tiny screen the bigger it is the faster I get a headache x.x that combined with 3D sounds like short nights and tons of tylenol

yea if ya hak it up to max 3D it'll kill your eyes in like 10 minutes. But at like mid 3D its pretty cool

still going with my regular 3DS tho. The XL's too big for me to be carrying around willy-nilly. I want my handhelds to be "hand held" not " hey buddy, do me a favor and help me hold this" kinda handheld.
Back to top Go down
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 5:17 am

dont u need to get resident evil revelation for the pad pro?? i never saw it alone in a store
Back to top Go down
Luciarn
Popo
Luciarn

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:52 am

Dunno...

In japan, they had a bundle where you got the additional circle pad with MH3G.
Would be nice if they did that for the west too instead of forcing us to buy more stuff...
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:50 am

keep in mind we still have several months before release date, not to mention a holiday season amidst that. so we probably will be seeing pad pro sold by it self at some point
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:15 am

Edsain wrote:
dont u need to get resident evil revelation for the pad pro?? i never saw it alone in a store

It's a GameStop exclusive device... They sale it individually in stores or you can buy it online by it's self...

Nintendo also has the CPP for the 3DSxl coming out. There are 3rd party ones coming out as well..

But yea, it's been sold by it's self in the west since it was released here. People have ... Mixed feelings about it. I have used it but really saw no point in it for the 3DS at all but a friend of mine who was more use to a PSP and wanted to keep gameplay on the 3DS similar to that really liked the CPP.

With MHU it can go either way since you have several control options you never really had before.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 12:13 pm

I hope there is a bundle over here that includes a circle pad pro with the game, if there is, the inner turmoil that is one side of my brain arguing with the other over the worth of getting the same game twice when I already know I'll be playing mostly on the Wii U will probably be tipped in favour of the 3DS.

If not, I likely won't since I'm a complete sucker for joysticks and free-moving cameras.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 12:24 pm

.... I can't express enough how the games will be a bit different... But we'll have to wait until Capcom releases the rest of the MHU WiiU information to talk about that...

Any ways. Here are some good videos showing some monsters fights and the use of the "camera centering" feature. You will see the Red Cross (+) pop up each time he usses it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMV5kTRVJ88&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD8YebFa1bo&feature=relmfu
Back to top Go down
aninymouse
Jaggi
aninymouse

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 10:21 am

I think, based on those videos, that the target camera is enough to make the 3DS version playable. I always thought messing with the camera was always the #1 worst game design blunder of MH.

I mean, when you're just messing around, away from a monster, any kind of camera control is fine. However, in the heat of the moment, when a ferocious beast is breathing down your neck, how many times have I been hit by an attack because I couldn't get the camera centered on the monster fast enough to even see what was going on? Barioth... Not to mention accidently hitting up or down on the camera control stick when I just wanted to hit left or right... ugh.

I'd love it if all the MH games have the lock-on camera from now on, TBH. Just what the series needs.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 10:30 am

It really does help out and the fact that it does not "STAY" locked on and can be turned off if you choose is well thought out... Also the use of the on screen (D) pad for the cammera is really good as well. Since it can be placed where you want there is no acidental tapping and by sizing it to match your style it eliminates the problem you spoke about aninymouse of pushing up (or down) when you didn't want to. (something that can't be done with a control stick.)
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:42 pm

I find the circle pad pro to be unmatched for playing Tri G (or Tri U as it's going to be called). On-screen d-pad works fine for land battles, but is a real pain to use underwater. Lock-on camera works good on land too, but does suffer when fighting monsters underwater like the digital d-pad.
After all, it isn't called the circle pad pro for nothing...
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:01 pm

Good poinr Yama.. The CPP does have the additional back buttons that are basically.. well just for swiming like the CCp in Tri.

I think that this might be the only thing that could have been overlooked with the touch screen controls... with everything else so well thought out the water combat seems to be a bit difficult to control still without the CPP.. Not impossible but difficult.

Or at least the biggest learning curve.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:53 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Good poinr Yama.. The CPP does have the additional back buttons that are basically.. well just for swiming like the CCp in Tri.

I think that this might be the only thing that could have been overlooked with the touch screen controls... with everything else so well thought out the water combat seems to be a bit difficult to control still without the CPP.. Not impossible but difficult.

Or at least the biggest learning curve.

Challenge Accepted!

never thought of the swimming controls, but i bet i could find a rhythm just using the touch screen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)   Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lets talk control options MH3U (3DS)
Page 1 of 1