Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread

Go down 
+85
Ken Kurobasa
Shindouz
A Drunk Ninja
Raptor98
Raecarmicheal
Vivi
GobulHunterJames
Tarath
RupertKnight
Big Boss
Cambell
Armoured Barioth
PerfectHeaD
Firpi
Tomderdepp
Fazermint
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Ticky
Roik
Darklinghunter
Win32error
comaprison
evahnulahm
devilution
Will
Slyffer
ShadowCeadeusDM324
TheLaw
Craeme
opok8
Enkidu
CottonEyedJho
Sephastus
Chagrilled
haruno
frostymm
Evilpwner
Randomhunter
Edsain
Andy124
HaBa912
Jake Johnson
sakura808
Shepherd
Sir Tristen
IceMage88
enemy61390
Azurian
Saisei
PixelP
PAiN---
Yuki
Hawkfriend
Dragsaw
MasterOnion
elchele
kama
IBGenius
Oni Zelkami
Lucas
bill_the_noob
E&Troy
Traiaprax
Silverwind
Antari18
Outkin
Atalanta
Tirith
Volke
Sai_
flyingdingus
Snagglux
Gilgames
Quentin
Arkenaw
parasky
DanielisAwesome52
dcj91x
It's meh
TKMT
MHWF
Lalo
laoshanicrus
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

this is a thread to post questions for monster hunter U (both wiiu and 3ds versions),
just ask anything related to mhu gameplay,tips,general info,etc.

examples

Spoiler:

Last edited by laoshanicrus on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:49 am

Alatreon is meant to be engaged with armor that has the "Guts" skill. Once you remove his ability to OHKO, you are that much closer to taking him down quickly.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 1:58 pm

@E&Troy: Just abuse balista. Also what attack exacly OHKO you? Fire ball or what? This seems bizarre.

Sephastus wrote:
Of course, there are many different things to concider. For example, if both weapons do not have enough sharpness, and bounce alot (75% penalty to raw damage), then go straight for the elemental weapons, specially if you can get ESP (prevents your weapon from bouncing off, but still applies the damage penalty). In addition, if you are a GS user who is proficient at doing the level 3 charge, then a good elemental weapon will outdo a modest raw weapon every time, due to the 300% damage increase to whatever elemental damage the weapon has.

Can you tell us more about this Sephastus? I was asking about that earlier in different topic but no one answered.

Say we have:

Plesioth GS with 1248 RAW, 450 water, purple sharpness after S+1

vs

Simoon Sandbiter (S. Barioth GS) with 1152 RAW, 700 water, purple sharpness after S+1. Of course it requires Awaken, but considering that this skill is active.

What will do more dmg to monster weak to water/certain part etc.?
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 2:10 pm

Antari18 wrote:
@E&Troy: Just abuse balista. Also what attack exacly OHKO you? Fire ball or what? This seems bizarre.

Well, they usually don't quite always one hit kill me, but I'd often got stuck and he'd then finish me off. Also, how much Ballista ammo is there in the whole area, as well as how powerful is it? If you read what I posted in the newer topic about the Alatreon, I say some things in there that might be of use.

Also, is there any way to increase your item box space to more than 10 pages? I've had to sell off tons of stuff from the farm just because I can't carry very much in my inventory and my box is full. I've already sold off 100+ might seeds due to not having enough room in my box. (which in reality, isn't that much because you can buy them)

My box needs another 10 pages so I'll never run out of room...
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 5:07 pm

Antari18 wrote:

Sephastus wrote:
Of course, there are many different things to concider. For example, if both weapons do not have enough sharpness, and bounce alot (75% penalty to raw damage), then go straight for the elemental weapons, specially if you can get ESP (prevents your weapon from bouncing off, but still applies the damage penalty). In addition, if you are a GS user who is proficient at doing the level 3 charge, then a good elemental weapon will outdo a modest raw weapon every time, due to the 300% damage increase to whatever elemental damage the weapon has.

Can you tell us more about this Sephastus? I was asking about that earlier in different topic but no one answered.

Say we have:

Plesioth GS with 1248 RAW, 450 water, purple sharpness after S+1

vs

Simoon Sandbiter (S. Barioth GS) with 1152 RAW, 700 water, purple sharpness after S+1. Of course it requires Awaken, but considering that this skill is active.

What will do more dmg to monster weak to water/certain part etc.?

Guess this is as good a time as any to bring in the math:

Damage formula: (ATP x TYPE x SHARP x HITZONE / CLASS)
+ (ELEMENT x SHARP x ELMZONE / 10) x MODIFIER = DAMAGE

Entering your data, and asuming we are doing a lvl 3 charge on Baleful Giginox's head (really weak to water):

Plesioth GS: ((1248 x 1.1 x 1.5 x 0.45) /4.8 ) + ((450 x 1.2 x 0.30) / 10) x 3 = 193 (raw) + 48 (elemental) = 251 total damage (Truly a badass hit!)

Simoon Sandbiter: ((1152 x 1.1 x 1.5 x 0.45) / 4.8 ) + ((700 x 1.2 x 0.30) / 10) x3 = 178 + 75 = 253 (A bigger hit!)

The Simoon Sanbiter is doing more damage... but not by alot.

If we change targets though... and lets say we go for a level 3 shot to the Silver Rathalos' head:

Plessy GS: ((1248 x 1.1 x 1.5 x 0.12) / 4.8 ) + (450 x 1.2 x 0.30) / 10) x 3 = 51 + 48 = 99

Simoon Sanbiter: ((1152 x 1.1 x 1.5 x 0.12) / 4.8 ) + ((700 x 1.2 x 0.30) / 10) x 3 = 47 + 75 = 122

In this case, the high elemental weapon was about 25% better than the lower elemental, but higher raw weapon. This would be a huge deal... if it wasn't that the rathalos head is strong against raw damage. His back and wings are what have to be targeted, and to get to them, you need to bring him down by either flashing him in the air, tripping him, or setting a pitfall trap. All which are strategies used against him, and in which we get similar numbers to what we have in the first example.

These were very extreme examples, and in most fights, the raw damage will win out as king, since the elemental weaknesses will not be as high as 30%.

For your very specific example, in which a monster's body part is .45 or lower and elemental is .30 or higher, the Simoon sandbiter will win out in damage, but usually not by a big margin. In any case where we have .50 or higher raw weakness, the Plessy GS will win.

What should we learn from all this? That "which weapon is better" is extremely subjective, and if 2 weapons are so closely matched that you can't make up your mind, usually either will do the job just fine.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 5:26 pm

Sephastus... you remind me a lot of someone else who use to be on the forum a long time ago.. Really understood the damage calculations and how they worked for each game.

I think 3U is probably the one that changes a few things the most.. so glad you know all that stuff pretty well. Thanks.

Oh also to mention for those who don't know, keep in mind that it works a bit differently in some ways with gunner weapons than blade.

Damage and element becomes a bit more tricky in some ways... But ummm Sephastus, do you know the calculations on that with bows/bowguns by any chance?
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 5:39 pm

Now that's an answer! Thank you very much for explanation. This should be moved to guidlines for future studies. That really explains a lot to me. The example was very specific yes. The difference between those two GS, was only 96 in raw for Plesioth GS. And thx to element buff the result was similar, sometimes in favour to GS with higher element.

But think what will happen when we consider higher difference like 192 in raw (Miralis GS vs Rathalos Gleamsword). I think the raw difference is too high and even though Miralis GS have more element, it won't be "better" than los GS with higher raw in this comparision in any situation.

This ^ leads me to one thing. As you wrote, higher raw will still outdo lower with higher element in majority of situations since the % of element weakness will not always be as high as raw weakness. There should be a value of raw difference/element difference which makes using lower raw, higher element worse than higher raw, lower element every time. Or am i understanding something wrong? I know, it all comes down to situation but for instance can Miralis GS outperform Rathalos Gleamsword despite such big raw difference?
Back to top Go down
Hawkfriend
Jaggi
Hawkfriend

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:09 am

Antari18 wrote:

This ^ leads me to one thing. As you wrote, higher raw will still outdo lower with higher element in majority of situations since the % of element weakness will not always be as high as raw weakness. There should be a value of raw difference/element difference which makes using lower raw, higher element worse than higher raw, lower element every time. Or am i understanding something wrong? I know, it all comes down to situation but for instance can Miralis GS outperform Rathalos Gleamsword despite such big raw difference?

from my understanding this is impossible, because you have to factor in monster part weakness and monster elemental resistance. this not only changes based on *what* you are fighting, but *where* you are hitting it. so while one might be better at hitting legs, the other might be better for a head or for body.

Also from my understanding, Element isn't affected by weapon class as raw is. so even if a basic ratio were determined for one weapon on one part of one monster's body, it wouldn't work on another weapon type.

Sephastus wrote:
What should we learn from all this? That "which weapon is better" is extremely subjective, and if 2 weapons are so closely matched that you can't make up your mind, usually either will do the job just fine.
yes, pick the one you like the looks of better. xD
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:47 am

Hawkfriend wrote:
Also from my understanding, Element isn't affected by weapon class as raw is. so even if a basic ratio were determined for one weapon on one part of one monster's body, it wouldn't work on another weapon type.

But we're talking only about GS. the difference in raw between Miralis GS and Rathalos Gleamsword is nearly 200 which is like eternity when it comes to GS. So i'm curious if Miralis GS with such disability can outperform Rathalos Gleamsword in any department. For me it seems impossible no matter circumstances but i want to know opinion of and expert.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 10:22 am

Woah... praise not deserved. I am by no means an expert, and all I did was plug in numbers to formulas easily available online, and weakness charts in the brady guide. All I did was the "footwork".

DCJ, I do remember reading information on Bows, and bowguns, so I will have to look that up for you and post it somewhere.

As for the Rathalos Gleamsword Vs The Depotheosis, It is very dependant on what skills you have. The differences between the 2 are about 50 raw in damage, and 200 fire elemental. But The Depotheosis has NATURAL purple sharpness, which increases its attack beyond an unskilled rathalos gleamsword. If you skill for sharpness +1, the Rathalos Gleamsword can slightly catch up, however if you use your available skill slots to gem in Fire Attack +2, there is no contest... the Depotheosis will win.

Weapons with natural purple sharpness have that slight advantage that you do not have to gem in Sharpness +1, and can focus on other skills to increase your attack. But raw will always remain king if you can bring the weapon to purple sharpness and all other things remain the same.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 10:46 am

Thx again for clarification. This thing just blows my mind because i'm used to raw priority from Tri. Obviously we're considering situation when both GS are on the same level of sharpness (purple). Depotheosis vs unskilled Gleamsword is i guess obvious choice. This just doesn't felt right in my book that Gleamsword with much bigger raw, same level of sharpness can "slightly catch up" to Depotheosis. But i guess that's how things are right now. We have to learn everything from scratch Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
Hawkfriend
Jaggi
Hawkfriend

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 10:53 am

Antari18 wrote:
But we're talking only about GS.

Ahhhhhh... my mistake. I thought that this
Quote :
There should be a value of raw difference/element difference which makes using lower raw, higher element worse than higher raw, lower element every time.
was referring to all weapons in general. no problem then.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:10 pm

Antari18 wrote:
Thx again for clarification. This thing just blows my mind because i'm used to raw priority from Tri. Obviously we're considering situation when both GS are on the same level of sharpness (purple). Depotheosis vs unskilled Gleamsword is i guess obvious choice. This just doesn't felt right in my book that Gleamsword with much bigger raw, same level of sharpness can "slightly catch up" to Depotheosis. But i guess that's how things are right now. We have to learn everything from scratch Yes by vort

Problem is that 50 raw difference is not "much bigger raw" when it comes to Greatswords. Greatswords have a class divider of 4.8, so a 50 difference is really closer to 4.8... and once divided by the weakness factor, which is usually never higher than 50%, we go down to 2.5 ect ect... in the end, the one or 2 points of extra damage that the raw difference brings in gets overshadowed by the triple elemental damage + fire attack boost that can be gemmed into the Depotheosis.

Naturally, however, we are talking about vs a monster that has a fire weakness... In all other cases the Rathalos Gleamsword is better. provided they both have the same level of sharpness and skillset.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:31 pm

Sephastus: Praise for the foot work then.. I know how much time that can take up.

For the most part I know about the functioning of bows but not "ranged" weapons over all as compared to blade weapons. If I recall I believe status has a higher rate on ranged weapons.. but..

@ Hawkfriend on a case by case basis.. yea it really depends on the type of weapon, monster, personal skills and other factors but as already mentioned for a majority of people over all I would personally sugest.. go with the weapon you like the best.

In a higher percentage of batles the difference in time it is going to take you to defeat a monster with one weapon or the other with weapons that are close in power/status and so on is minor.. most of the time a minute or two at the most and in groups.. maybe not even that.. it also doesn't affect the reward sin any ways and really shouldn't affect you taking any damage over all as you should still be able to play just as well regardless. So really in some cases Looks are just > than power.

I think i've mentioned it before but you can make up for a "Slightly" weaker weapon but you can't really make up for an ugly weapon.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:34 pm

I don't understand what do you mean by 50 raw difference since Depotheosis have: 1056 raw and R. Gleamsword: 1248. I'm still kinda new to the series, sorry.

@dcj91x: I know, but having some knowledge won't hurt, will it? That's why i ask. Wanna know to pass the torch to another hunter if needed. Guess that's one of the principles of places like this forum.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 2:05 pm

Brady guide must be wrong then. It has the Gleamsword at "1104".

If you are looking at your stats page in game, remember to remove from your backpack the powercharms and unequip your armor in order to see the real stat of your weapon.

If the raw difference really is close to 200, then heck yeah, the gleamsword is much better than the Depotheosis.

Again, I appologise if I give wrong information. I try to be concise in my research, but sometimes the people that make the "official" guides can be wrong.
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 2:17 pm

Which wyvern blade path is better? Wyvern blade pale or wyvern blade blaze. Pale has lower atk but with 300 fire and little white sharpness. blaze has small natural purple sharpness, higher raw but 100 fire. Any suggestion is appriaciated....
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 2:26 pm

Sephastus wrote:
Brady guide must be wrong then. It has the Gleamsword at "1104".

If you are looking at your stats page in game, remember to remove from your backpack the powercharms and unequip your armor in order to see the real stat of your weapon.

If the raw difference really is close to 200, then heck yeah, the gleamsword is much better than the Depotheosis.

Again, I appologise if I give wrong information. I try to be concise in my research, but sometimes the people that make the "official" guides can be wrong.

There's nothing to apoligize for. I took all values from http://mh3g-weapons.jimdo.com/ and i don't know if they're 100% true but they're the same as mention on gamefaqs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii-u/683294-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/faqs/66686). Long way stands before i make those GS and confirm it, but i guess Brady guide has it wrong this time.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 2:39 pm

Blaze has 50 more raw AND purple sharpness. Vs blue sharpness? Hands down in your example, Blaze wins, in all catagories. 200 additional elemental damage will not be as noticable as using that purple sharpness to slice through the monster.

For future reference, this is the sharpness multiplier:

Purple: 1.50
White: 1.30
Blue: 1.25
Green: 1.125
Yellow: 1.0
Orange: 0.75
Red: 0.50

From blue to purple, ther is a 25% increase in damage... plus the fact that you will not bounce off (75% penalty to raw damage when you bounce off). On top of this, Blaze has about 8% more raw than Pale, which only has the elemental aspect going for it.

Even on a monster super weak to fire, Blaze will do much more damage per hit.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 4:00 pm

Antari18 wrote:
I don't understand what do you mean by 50 raw difference since Depotheosis have: 1056 raw and R. Gleamsword: 1248. I'm still kinda new to the series, sorry.

@dcj91x: I know, but having some knowledge won't hurt, will it? That's why i ask. Wanna know to pass the torch to another hunter if needed. Guess that's one of the principles of places like this forum.

Of course.. remember all in all it's about preference.

Also, Brady games informatsion (as stated by them and capcom US) comes "directly" from Capcom for MH3U (western version). MH3G site uses the 3G translations, and games FaQ's uses the 3G site as well.. so both of those are the same.

As far as which is more accurate to the version we are all playing.. It's what you are loking at when you play it.

Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 4:29 pm

Sephastus wrote:
Blaze has 50 more raw AND purple sharpness. Vs blue sharpness? Hands down in your example, Blaze wins, in all catagories. 200 additional elemental damage will not be as noticable as using that purple sharpness to slice through the monster.

For future reference, this is the sharpness multiplier:

Purple: 1.50
White: 1.30
Blue: 1.25
Green: 1.125
Yellow: 1.0
Orange: 0.75
Red: 0.50

From blue to purple, ther is a 25% increase in damage... plus the fact that you will not bounce off (75% penalty to raw damage when you bounce off). On top of this, Blaze has about 8% more raw than Pale, which only has the elemental aspect going for it.

Even on a monster super weak to fire, Blaze will do much more damage per hit.

Not to mention the upgrade "rose" has two slots xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 10:04 am

What armor set should I farm to have a better chance at Baleful Gigginox?

I am a hammer user, currently using the Great Gaiarch and currently wearing a full set of Jaggi S armor.

Also, how should I gem it?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 10:38 am

High Thunder protection is good and he's weak to water. Since you use hammer you don't really have to worry about cutting anything just breaking all 3 of his sections Head, belly and tail.

Bombs can help with breaks if you want but you don't need them so IMO any armor that helps with Thunder protection, Para, thunder blight if your focusing on him should be good.

But remember you dont have too many battles with him overall, though the same armor you use on him can be used for other thunder monsters as well if set up correctly. Laggi and Zinogre also.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 10:59 am

Jake, what DCJ said is good advice.

To it, I want to add that you should farm high rank Ludroth to make Ludroth S armor.

It is an easy armor to make, although you will have to use a blade to cut off a tail that you will need.

Problem with the Gigginox species is not that they hit hard, but that they scream loud and their effects either poison or immobilize you. Baleful Gigginox is very weak against water, and the ludroth line is it's natural enemy.

The armor gives you Water attack +, Prevents your stamina from going down quickly (great for hammer users), has 8 hearing protection, and 6 empty slots. If you have a talisman that can give you hearing, try to get this skill 15, for High-Grade Earplugs, and use the rest of the slots (if you have 5 slots, gem in sharpening or any other easy to gem skill). On top of this, you can get a hammer with water attack from the ludroth. This will not be better than what you are currently using though. If you want a better water based weapon, and you can kill a Plesioth or 2, then go with that. The plesioth hammer will have as much attack as your current weapon, and it will have over 200 water attack... which will hurt the Baleful Gigginox.

In short: Make Ludroth S Armor from High Rank Ludroth (Need one tail), and Gem it for High-Grade Earplugs. You will notice a HUGE difference in the amount of openings you get and Baleful Gigginox will be cake for you.

Happy huntings.
Back to top Go down
HaBa912
Aptonoth
HaBa912

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 11:59 am

I found that my internet connection is very sensitive....My WiiU gets it from the router, and if anything even walks past that thing, boom, disconnected. On normal Wii I didn't have such a problem, while played mh3.

My question is, is the mh3u's internet bad, wiiu's internet bad or is it only on me, so my connection would be bad. Dunno why it occurs only with wiiu and not on wii? /sad/

Another more game-relating question. What weapon (type, element) would you suggest against Gold Cea? Currently I go with Dios slicers+. (notice my hr is 5 so no G rank stuff for me yet).

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 12:18 pm

It is likely your router not neccisarily the wiiu.. you may want to mess around with placement locations as a lot of signals can interfere with it, cell phones and some types of lights.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread
Page 13 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 43  Next